• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bowser Thread! Confirmed!!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Bowser has been officially confirmed!

Sakurai: "The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you
."

So far, it looks as if the Neutral air is back, unless that's the air dodge. The fire is making a return, as well as the forward tilt.

Yes, it's been talked about over and over, but I can safely say that is Fire Emblem flag. I'm not an expert on the series, but it seems spot on.

The fire, seems like it shoots out in bursts, unless it was just activated for a short while.

Obviously enough, the graphics have been updated. Scales are clearly noticeable this time around, as well as more detailed spikes, nails and main.

The claw effects in what seems to be the forward tilt might change his game, or that might be an image of his Forward B, making a return.

More details as they come!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

And again no Donkey ****ing Kong...

Meh.

Bowser looks like a plush doll, with spikes. Good that Sakurai said he'll be slightly different this time. As far as I could see, his Ftilt has more range and seems to be more claw based. His claws in general look much longer than before, so that's a good thing I guess.

Lorcl678

Smash Apprentice
Looks like all the Bowser pros are going to orgasm after finding out about this.

Bowser's claws are somewhat bigger, but if you look at the top right picture, those long blue things are not his claws, just attack effects.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

And again no Donkey ****ing Kong...

Meh.

Bowser looks like a plush doll, with spikes. Good that Sakurai said he'll be slightly different this time. As far as I could see, his Ftilt has more range and seems to be more claw based. His claws in general look much longer than before, so that's a good thing I guess.
Hopefully, that ftilt will be longer than most swords in the game, giving him an advantage.

Potempkin could teach Bowser a thing or two.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Here's to hoping Bowser can do something besides fail.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I have to ask a question.

In the second Bowser pic you have up, you can clearly see the flag of the supposed Fire Emblem stage.

This has been bothering me since May of last year, but,

With such a stunning close up of the flag, is that Marth's emblem?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
And that second screen offers a nice view of the flag emblem. Now it might be easier to confirm what game that stage is from.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
This bit makes me so happy:

"To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

Hopefully, at least some characters will offer a more-than-slightly different flavor.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
wow this thread was ****ing prompt. Anyways, Bowser looks cool lol. Hopefully he still has his fortress out of shield, that thing is so ******** lol.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I'm worried

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters

Biggest? o_o Ridley? * cries*
Even if they downsized him, Ridley would still have to be at least -as- big as Bowser...though, since he's so airborne, it wouldn't be odd for him to weigh less. This could be worrisome for Ridley fans.

Anycase, it seems updates are starting to heat up now that we're approaching E3. While Zelda and Bowser haven't really been surprises, it's still news to see them in their new forms. And this AT thing really makes you think twice.

alphameric

Smash Ace
You can still edit the title by going to edit and advanced options.

I'm worried

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters

Biggest? o_o Ridley? * cries*
If Ridley is playable he may be the same size, but lighter.
I still think Ridley will be a boss.

As for Bowser, I'm if that's the f-tilt or the side-b.
The fx from his claws looks like a sweeping motion, as though he was trying to grip Fox.
Then again, it's pretty safe to say all his moves are different as well as his animations.

Ninja Edit:
Bowser before DK because the new Mario game is coming out around the same time as brawl (supposedly), there are no new DK games announced for the Wii, and while it's safe to assume he WILL be in Brawl, it's completely undermined from our perspective

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I almost crapped myself when I saw this picture of bowser. I refreshed the page expecting an update soon, and I see Bowser's name. I had a slight hesitance, wondering how much different he is going to look and how they could possibly make him scarier... they did.

And to think I just defeated Bowser on Mario Party 8 not too long ago. Why can't Bowser ALWAYS look like this?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I think Bowser is getting more range. Look at the F-Tilt/Foward B. Either way, the attack has longer range. Granted, the blue is just effect...even without it, you can tell it's larger.

:034:

Smash Hero
**** yeah, Bowser. He looks awesome, and it looks like they increased his range too! Now just a little bit more power in those punches and not as easily killed, and we got ourselves a winner.

kaid

Smash Master
But it's the same move. Different range, lag, speed, and power, but the same move.

Brawl Bowser is Marth to Melee Bowser's Roy.

Weed

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who is sad about the removal of Bowser's cuteness?!
I think this is going to be the only game in the history of Nintendo where Bowser is a literal monster, I dunno, but this new Bowser just frightens me.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who is sad about the removal of Bowser's cuteness?!
I think this is going to be the only game in the history of Nintendo where Bowser is a literal monster, I dunno, but this new Bowser just frightens me.
Well, nothing wrong with him looking a little badass...though some of his wrinkles and stuff here are kind of unappetizing. Bowser always has been billed as a goofy, kinda charmy villian.

Are those dentures I see?

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Sakurai said "The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!" so this means there will be no more bigger or heavier characters than Bowser!

Was anybody else really exciting when they saw Bowser being in Brawl? More so than Zelda? I know I was :)

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
@weed
I wouldn't look to bowser for cuteness in the first place he's a villan after all and villans generally are more appealing when looking scarier.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
God, I ****ing hope so.

I'd bet my weight in gold you belong to gaia....
WTF. It's a giant turtle villian in a game where plumbers save Princesses and ride crazy dinosaurs. Bowser's always been kinda goofy. He was goofy in SMRPG, he was kinda goofy in 64, and he was SO GOD**** GOOFY in Sunshine. It's not exactly the craziest thought in the world that some people like him that way.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Bowser always has been billed as a goofy, kinda charmy villian.
In SMB, the chucked glowing axes at you, over a pit of fire, while hiding the princess in a windowless room, in the depths of the dankest lace we've seen in the SMB universe.

The only way to defeat him was to incinerate him! Either hail fireballs for about...5 minutes, or send him into the fiery rage below him.

If you even so much as touch him, you shrunk to half your size, or died.

If you ask me, they should give him some small children to hurl at his opponents. He needs as much badass as he can get, after the ****** he's gotten over the past 15 years.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
In SMB, the chucked glowing axes at you, over a pit of fire, while hiding the princess in a windowless room, in the depths of the dankest lace we've seen in the SMB universe.

The only way to defeat him was to incinerate him! Either hail fireballs for about...5 minutes, or send him into the fiery rage below him.

Doing so all with the most ridiculous mother loving grin you have ever seen. ;)

If you ask me, they should give him some small children to hurl at his opponents. He needs as much badass as he can get, after the ****** he's gotten over the past 15 years.
I like goofy Bowser, but...I do like hurling defenseless orphans at my opponents. :/

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
His forward tilt is a bit different, isn't it? Also why are they showing Bowser before DK?!
DK's popularity has vastly decreased over the past 7 years. when is the last major DK game to come out? DK64? No, my bad, it was DK King of Swing... Dk hasn't even been playable in the past 3 Mario Parties, but Dry Bones has. Don't get me wrong, DK is a fun character in smash, I love ****** fox's and Falco's with him. But the thing is he isn't popular enough to introduce before the king of Koopa's himself.

On a topic related note, the new bowser looks fun, maybe they'll give him some moves with less lag, and some more speed. To be honest, I hope that they give him a decent moveset change because if you look at the manual for melee, EVERYTHING is a freaking "fortress" attack. Lets see some change, and hope its sweet

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
"To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

who do you think that might include?

or does that mean that all the clones will just change??

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Bowser isn't a clone?

They already said clones will be getting HUGE tune ups.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Dear PRinny flute:

Your grin comment has won you the battle. I concede.

Grats. ^_^
Bowser-grin saves the day again!

...But I think from now on whenever I see that sprite I'll just be thinking that Bowser's giggling like a schoolgirl. I'll never be able to stop laughing long enough to beat SMB again. :(

Weed

Smash Lord

Those were god **** 8-bit pixels, I'm speaking of Bowser in the 3D-variety.
In nearly every single game where he inhabits the 3rd dimension, he has NOT been badass.

Badass? I think goofy.

Sorry, this isn't badass either, its goofy.

While this isn't third-dimensional, it perfectly illustrates the GOOF in the new Bowser.

I dont know what the **** gaia is, but you need take a pill~

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

I think he means that everyone from Fox to Zelda have had more than just a graphical update. Their looks changed a bit and probably the personality Sakauri is trying to get you to see from each character is possibly different from SSBM. Fox comes to mind on how much he changed, personality wise from his smug 64 days when he use to go "hmph!" as if I'm not worth his time to SSBM where he cockily waved his hand over and yelled "come on!" cockily.

Of course, other changes such as tweaking the moves of the characters as well as other things to create a balanced game are also a definite.

Top Bottom