• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I noticed something interesting on the Smash Dojo that nobody else noticed.
When I was right clickling on some images.
I came upon this
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif
This is the link to the image for Pit's icon

Now, see the 18 at the end of the number? well look at these.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_10.gif -Mario series symbol
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_09.gif -Zelda Series Symbol
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif - Smash Bros Symbol

all the numbers at the end mean what number symbol they are.
This means there is currently a total of 22 different series that may appear in Brawl right now.

So far I detected the order

1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.??? (Possibly Game & Watch?)
14.Ice Climbers series
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.Snakes FOXHOUND symbol
18.Pit's Symbol
19.???
20.Sonic series
21.DS Logo
22.Pikmin

It's currently uncomfirmed if this series will appear again

Gemu ando Uotchi (Game&Watch)

Kirye

Smash Ace
If this is true, it makes for a valid statement. Pretty well thought out too. o.o

Of course, the spots could go to something else, but you never know.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
It was pointed out a while ago, but no thread about it. If you count all the symbols in Melee that leaves six unaccounted for from Melee, Snake and Wario's symbols make two more, leaving at least 5 unknowns. Since evidently not everyone from Melee will return, that could mean even more unknowns. I wonder what those empty spaces will be used for..?

Edit: Bad math on my part. >_<

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
also, what are the chances they split previously same symbol characters to get their own symbols? such as, give bowser his own symbol (which probably wouldnt happnen, but thats an example...now that i think about it, hes the only one that would have a slight chance of getting a new symbol, lol)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Edit: never mind, this means nothing. these are just the pictures that are symbols for the posts. go to the website and on the main page, click on list posts by date. does anything look familiar?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well...if you count all the symbols in SSBM you get fourteen (including the Smash symbol) add the three new ones and you get seventeen. So...there's at least one new franchise represented in the game...More if single representatives like Mr. Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers are cut...so...Yeah. New franchise coming. W00T.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
they aren't necessarily franchise icons, they are just the icons for the posts.remember the rule, don't assume, it makes an @$$ out of u and me

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They are franchise icons, though. The file names on that site are grouped very orderly. The address goes website/language/file type folder/"Icons" for the small, square images (the category images are in this category)/world (IE franchise)_the color (b for black or w for white)_the number. They wouldn't put anything else in the same category.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It is possible there is more than 18, but unlikely.
And why, exactly, is it unlikely? Because you decided it is?

You people are reading way too much into this. Didn't Wario's symbol change since the course of his unveiling. One of the filler icons could be his old symbol, or just about anything else.

Like someone said, don't assume. This is a cool discovery, but using to predict the number of franchises/characters we'll find in the game is a bit naive.

Sonicfan813

Smash Cadet
I have to say nice find. Of course don't assume but rather hope it is true. Nothing is true until it is released.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Nah, Wario's is still the same W symbol he's had ever since they put up his profile on the old Smash Bros. Dojo; you can see it in the What is Smash Bros.? screenshot he's in. I'm just saying that the way these and all the file names on the website are labelled really methodically and the numbers of these files fit with everything we know. My last post was sarcastically downplaying this discovery, though, since at least one franchise is almost a given.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
didn't i say don't assume first? it is actually ironic because he just closed one of my threads because i based it on an assumption, and i was the first to denounce this because it was based on assumption. sorry for wasting your your time, Mcfox.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pretty spiffy find. Sure, we shouldn't speculate on every little bit of possible information we find, but this seems like a relatively solid indication of more franchises to be repped.
If something more in this direction is found out, it could help discussions about character inclusion, as an important question is whether more big franchises will be expanded on or more smaller franchises added.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Huh.
Todays update got the Warpstar and is indeed 04.
Wonder if tommorows update will show something with a new icon.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
So far we've got Kirby, Smash Bros., Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Yoshi and Icarus...

We know that Metroid, Wario, Metal Gear, and Star Fox will be added.

We can hazard guesses at Fire Emblem, Mother, F-Zero, and Donkey Kong also being added.

Unlikely, yet possible are Ice Climber and Game+Watch.

If all of these are included, that leaves room at at least 1 more new series, minimum.
Of course, if we exclude Ice climber and G+W, there's room yet for at least 3 new series to enter. And who knows how many more beyond 18 there may be?

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's a pretty good observation. Now we can only guess what game series will be included in Brawl. Let's just wait for future character updates (unless the E-3 does job for us).

Toomai

Smash Ace
Sorry to do a little downplaying here, but the Smash Bros. symbol takes up a spot. Therefore, we have a potential 17 series, not 18.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Nice, but that only means there is a minimal of 18 icons in Smash. There could be any number...

And Toomai, i didn't know that (I'm talking about your sig.) Thanks to adding to my book of smash knowledge lol.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering which nintendo series would fill those up. Until then just wait for the game to come out!!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Very nice find, props to you...

So there could be 18 franchises in brawl, but there could be more, yet im surprised the mario symbol aint 02... hmmm...

Top Bottom