• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

official mario vs R.O.B((((PLace your votes chozen vs Boss))))

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I believe that due to Boss being a cocky b*tch it is now decided that instead of Pikachu, there shall be a Mario discussion... you shall all soon r@pe teh mario like i fux w/ Bosses sh*t on a daily basis...

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
ok, you can cape gyro and maybe laser...
That means you have to be far away, and if we aim our laser down, it will bounce off the ground and then caping it will do nothing. Our long range attack is better then yours.
Your recovery is pretty easily beaten, ours is not.
We have better aerials as well, giving us a superior air game.
We have Gyro, one of my favorite items in the game, you have FLUDD, a semi useless tool that can screw over fox and company.
Please just stop wasting our time.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Actually if ROB isn't careful his Fludd, and Cape can fux quite badly w/ ROB's recovery...

that being said.. Mario may be able to FireBall approach ROB, and perhaps he can even combo him like a Victoria Secret model in Vegas but hey... atleast we have our pride >_>

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I've never had a problem with Mario. Ever. They're sooooo easy to gimp.

Maybe I just haven't played really good Marios.

boss8

Smash Hero
lol you greedy b.astard, always asking for MMs haha. Boss's Mario [in Melee] is tooooo goodz. I won't get to see his Brawl Mario til this weekend so I have no idea what kinda rapage will go down.

Knowing what I do about Mario...and about Boss as a player, kind of makes me worried >_>
don't worry i suck at brawl....hahaha TEAM IM ON MY WAY *****ES!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
haha I don't think I put enough obligatory "lmao"s and "rofl"s to let you know I'm not really judging you :)

though I'm pretty sure that any sort of negativity toward you was really just a projection from my fear of facing you at C3 on sunday :( I have played against zero mario players in Brawl (not even bad ones!!!)...and you're no scrub >_>

*hopes for tio to be on his side...........and saves some $ to give Tope when he makes the brackets/pools*
haha

see you guys this weekend (JCaesar: you get some people to ride down with you yet???)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No there's no one near me really...

I really wanna go to this though, there's so many people going, maybe I'll just skip lunch for a month to afford it. Toasty you got a teammate?

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
ok, you can cape gyro and maybe laser...
That means you have to be far away, and if we aim our laser down, it will bounce off the ground and then caping it will do nothing. Our long range attack is better then yours.
Your recovery is pretty easily beaten, ours is not.
We have better aerials as well, giving us a superior air game.
We have Gyro, one of my favorite items in the game, you have FLUDD, a semi useless tool that can screw over fox and company.
Please just stop wasting our time.
LOL, superior air game? Really? Better knockback, maybe. Combos? lol no

Recovery is a huuuge debate. If we keep you off long enough with our "semi-useless tool" or launch you again when you land, who has the beatable recovery? Stake spikes are my buddy. [:

Gyro? Opening lag is hard to miss, it can and will be used against you.

lol bouncing laser? I fail to see your point. 12%, fine. Decent knock back. Ooor fireball approach.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
LOL, superior air game? Really? Better knockback, maybe. Combos? lol no

Recovery is a huuuge debate. If we keep you off long enough with our "semi-useless tool" or launch you again when you land, who has the beatable recovery? Stake spikes are my buddy. [:

Gyro? Opening lag is hard to miss, it can and will be used against you.

lol bouncing laser? I fail to see your point. 12%, fine. Decent knock back. Ooor fireball approach.
It's a lot easier to gimp Mario with R.O.B. than it is to gimp R.O.B. with Mario.

Your aerials are, indeed, faster, but R.O.B.'s Ken combo is quite beastly in its own right.

Just sayin'. I agree with your other points, but they are primarily a point of mindgames.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, after watching vids of R.O.B. and Mario, I must say, R.O.B. SUCKS at killing. He sucks so much at killing it's ridiculous. He's worse at killing than Mario. <<

And yeah, Boss just showed why this matchup is probably not drastically in R.O.B's favor lol. R.O.B. is bad at dealing with people below him (Mario is just so-so at that), and Mario is really good at dealing with people above him.

Also, Fireballz > Lazorz. I mean you can't actually spam lasers, and Fireballs actually can lead into combos unlike many projectiles.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Wow, after watching vids of R.O.B. and Mario, I must say, R.O.B. SUCKS at killing. He sucks so much at killing it's ridiculous. He's worse at killing than Mario. <<

And yeah, Boss just showed why this matchup is probably not drastically in R.O.B's favor lol. R.O.B. is bad at dealing with people below him (Mario is just so-so at that), and Mario is really good at dealing with people above him.

Also, Fireballz > Lazorz. I mean you can't actually spam lasers, and Fireballs actually can lead into combos unlike many projectiles.
...what? R.O.B. sucks at killing?

o_O

What are you smoking?

Yes, R.O.B. has a bit of a blindspot below him. The key is to not let it happen.

And yes, you can spam lasers. You can spam them hard. But it's not a good idea against a cape-friendly Mario.

boss8

Smash Hero
Boss just plays quite homosexually... if I really want to beat him, i just have to space Fairs/Ftilts...

no jones.
money match????

make it official record i don't give a **** just like nacker....unless these people wanna watch 7 minutes of a robot camping.....then i dought recording it....bring it son...im sure i got full support by my amazing mario peeps....

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i dont have rob on my smash disc yet, but i'll start practicing him then beat you, consistently

Top Bottom