• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Today's update is a Pikmin stage. It looks pretty neat. Not much else to say. We should be getting the Famitsu review for Brawl tomorrow, so I guess that is something to look foward to as far as character speculation.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What? Brawl delayed til March 9th in NA? Delayed til the 31st in Japan? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CURSE YOU SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
how do you know its only 35 characters?

where on the site does it say that?

oh i hope its not true

Nya said that...

I say this was a lucky guess...

35 characters "More than you can imagine" my ***...(If that part is true)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A "prophet" predicted many things a while ago. Sonic's confirmation date, and Olimar's special moves have been right so far. S/he also predicted another delay in the US....and lastly, only 35 characters :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Crap only 35 characters then:

Here is our roster if ChaosZero, ShadowXOR, Serebii, and NyaseNya are to be believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (I doubt he would get cut)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik (I doubt Sheik was cut)
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

This is our roster.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
we really dont deserve this...I thought the game had gone gold and was getting made already

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Here is our roster if ChaosZero, ShadowXOR, Serebii, and NyaseNya are to be believed:

1. Mario
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

This is our roster.
You've got to be kidding me p_p
A delay is bad enough :mad:

Super-dude

Smash Cadet

1. Mario
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

This is our roster.

this....gosh i dont know what to say

unfortunately...i guess this roster is what we have, with 3 of their predictions being right, theres no reason why the fourth wouldnt be true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

1. Mario
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

This is our roster.
**** I hope that isn't the real roster...

I'm not very psyched for this game anymore...especially with all this **** going on, the crappy roster and now the delay...whatever...

BUT didn't Nya say American and European delay...Not Japanese delay

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
All I can do is sincerely hope that this is not the final roster. At any rate, I've still been totally drained of enthusiasm.

For the time being, I'm going to stop caring about Brawl. I'll still check the updates every night and maybe pop in here once a day to check for a leak. Other than that, I'm going to try to get Brawl off my mind.

Chepe

Smash Lord
She said American delay, and nothing about a Japanese delay. But why does that matter? Since the delay is only for a week, it looks like that one truly was last-minute and thus she had no way of knowing that far back...

But yeah, looks like Ness is returning. But... "the-dragon-who-must-not-be-named"... not playable? It would seem Sakurai thinks like the common n00b (he's too big! too awkward! too fierce!).

But R.O.B.? Who is this ShadowXOR, and whats his credibility come from?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
This is quite interesting. Nyase's information is consistantly seeming more and more accurate, and thus fulfilling my consistency criteria. I'm not quite as willing to wave it off with a "lucky guess".

HOWEVER, Nyase still has a few holes left in this statement. Nyase said a delay for the Americas only, NOT Japan as well. Also, consider when this prediction was made. This was before the Sonic the Hedgehog revelation (That being one of the predictions) and thus before that delay. If they knew they were going to need another delay that far back, why didn't they do it then? And the evidence we currently have suggests that they didn't expect the game to be delayed again. What with the advertisements having started in Japan, and given that their delay is only one week long, it suggests they ran into some last minute difficulty that they, unfortunately, had to set the game back to fix.

This Nya's testimony is looking fishy, Nick!
I know. I just have to find that crucial contradiction and expose the lies!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman

1. Mario
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

This is our roster.
Please no!That sucks.No Ridley,no geno.....please no.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
that roster looks pretty real

except for R.O.B.

i think itd be ridley or something

r.0.b. is a subspace enemy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
that roster looks pretty real

except for R.O.B.

i think itd be ridley or something

r.0.b. is a subspace enemy
Apparently, you also fight Bowser in SSE...whats your point?

Unlike the other (SSE) enemies, ROB was actually important to Nintendo's history

Chepe

Smash Lord
But why would they make generic ROBs if there was going to be a playable one? Its just like if they made wild Pikachu and Jigglypuffs enemies in the Subspace Emissary...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But why would they make generic ROBs if there was going to be a playable one? Its just like if they made wild Pikachu and Jigglypuffs enemies in the Subspace Emissary...
Well, because there is more than 1 R.O.B. ...And you do fight other characters in the SSE that are playable...R.O.B. wouldn't be the first generic character to get in Brawl

Ironically, I predicted a playable R.O.B. but it was controlled by Prof. Hector...I wish they used that idea

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I am astounded at the stupidity of Nintendo and Sakurai, what is he possibly going to add in a month for the American release date. There is no way he's adding anything special with a months delay for North America. Well, good news is, well, there is no good news ><. I for one, would enjoy hearing the reasoning for the delay.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I am astounded at the stupidity of Nintendo and Sakurai, what is he possibly going to add in a month for the American release date, and what the hell is the reasoning behind this? Do they want to get the last few droplets of leftover holiday sales? There is no way he's adding anything special with a months delay for North America. Well, good news is, well, there is no good news ><.
Wrong thread my man.

But I don't think it's bad. The so of the AT's and Pokeballs that was in Japan maybe will be in the U.S. now, (like the secret legendaries). But you know all epic game have multi delay dates.

On Topic: This update could mean more character that this thread predicted.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, because there is more than 1 R.O.B. ...And you do fight other characters in the SSE that are playable...R.O.B. wouldn't be the first generic character to get in Brawl

Ironically, I predicted a playable R.O.B. but it was controlled by Prof. Hector...I wish they used that idea
I hope you arent implying that Bowser and other villain playables are generic... R.O.B. would be different from them. There is of course probably more than one R.O.B., but we dont see many Bowsers and Ganons running around as minor enemies...

Can I get a link to a thread by ShadowXOR where he makes his claims? Because I really want to see how credible he is or seems....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope you arent implying that Bowser and other villain playables are generic... R.O.B. would be different from them. There is of course probably more than one R.O.B., but we dont see many Bowsers and Ganons running around as minor enemies...

Can I get a link to a thread by ShadowXOR where he makes his claims? Because I really want to see how credible he is or seems....
No, I was implying that there have been multiple of characters before that are actually in Brawl, and the fact that R.O.B. is in the SSE should not have really "deconfirmed" him when many other characters are in the SSE

...and just hoping another one of my roster predictions come true (More like Dream Roster) from after Melee came out...

I got Zero Suit Samus, Meta-Knight, Wario, King Dedede, Pit and a bunch of others right so far

Chepe

Smash Lord
No, I was implying that there have been multiple of characters before that are actually in Brawl, and the fact that R.O.B. is in the SSE should not have really "deconfirmed" him when many other characters are in the SSE

...and just hoping another one of my roster predictions come true (More like Dream Roster) from after Melee came out...

I got Zero Suit Samus, Meta-Knight, Wario, King Dedede, Pit and a bunch of others right so far
Eh, sounds like the logic Toad supporters used before his "deconfirmation" as Peach's attack then. There is more than one Toad...

Chronobound, since you appear to know ShadowXOR, are you sure he wouldnt lie and that he could really have sources?

Boofer

Smash Ace
ehh...I don't believe they'd only give us three more newcomers total. I REALLY don't believe that.

Edit: I truly believe that at least one of them are lying. I don't even think it's possible that we'd have 5-6 unlockable newcomers and 9-10 unlockable veterans (this is assuming that all but Sonic, Snake, and maybe Olimar are starters). Either I'm wrong about the starters, somebody is lying, or NyaseNya's source did not see all of the characters in the game.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

1. Mario
*snip*
35. Sonic

This is our roster.
Is this pieced together from their various predictions, or did any of them actually say this exact roster?

Because if it's the former, I doubt this is the correct roster.

Not to mention that just because they got some things right doesn't actually mean they got everything right. Sure, it makes them more reliable. But it isn't necessarily so that when they leaked the info that everything they had was accurate or final. If NyaseNya gave this info all before Sonic was revealed, then they could have easily made changes to the roster since then.

Anyway, I still hold out hope for Ridley... Sakurai seems to have paid attention to the poll he had, and unlike Geno, Ridley has no ownership issues. There really seems to be no reason not to include him.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
Is this pieced together from their various predictions, or did any of them actually say this exact roster?

Because if it's the former, I doubt this is the correct roster.

Not to mention that just because they got some things right doesn't actually mean they got everything right. Sure, it makes them more reliable. But it isn't necessarily so that when they leaked the info that everything they had was accurate or final. If NyaseNya gave this info all before Sonic was revealed, then they could have easily made changes to the roster since then.

Anyway, I still hold out hope for Ridley... Sakurai seems to have paid attention to the poll he had, and unlike Geno, Ridley has no ownership issues. There really seems to be no reason not to include him.

i think the biggest reason people have come up with is that his size would make him awkward to control

i personally think thats ridiculous cos they would just resize him, much in the same way the did to Olimar, wasnt he supposed to be as big as a quarter or something?

Zevox

Smash Lord
HOWEVER, Nyase still has a few holes left in this statement. Nyase said a delay for the Americas only, NOT Japan as well. Also, consider when this prediction was made. This was before the Sonic the Hedgehog revelation (That being one of the predictions) and thus before that delay. If they knew they were going to need another delay that far back, why didn't they do it then? And the evidence we currently have suggests that they didn't expect the game to be delayed again. What with the advertisements having started in Japan, and given that their delay is only one week long, it suggests they ran into some last minute difficulty that they, unfortunately, had to set the game back to fix.

This Nya's testimony is looking fishy, Nick!
I know. I just have to find that crucial contradiction and expose the lies!
Nya did not predict a second delay back before Sonic was revealed - the only thing she said before then was that Sonic would be revealed that Wednesday, and that his update had been moved back from its originally intended date near the release for some reason. Her delay post was actually the last we heard of her, back in early December.

Didn't he say AFTER announcing the first 3rd party character, that there would be 1-2 more? That would be 2-3 total
Correct. And we have two now, do we not?

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
What specifically did NyaseNya say would be in?
I'll compile a quick history of her posts that are relevant to her leaks.

First, she mentioned Sonic's update date [post=3006711]here[/post]. [post=3006780]Here[/post] she mentioned that it was originally intended to be announced near the release, but got moved back. [post=3006832]Here[/post] she claimed she wasn't aware of the conference going on that day, just about Sonic's Dojo update. And [post=3006855]here[/post] she made her first comment about Olimar possibly being in. Slightly less interesting, but she also claimed there had been some major complaints about Snake's use of a landmine [post=3006888]here[/post]. This is all she said before Sonic's Dojo update.

Oddly, she has a topic about Mario Kart Wii [post=3025319]here[/post] with some supposed inside info. Don't know if whether she was correct about that or not is known yet, since I'm not a Mario Kart fan.

[post=3025640]Here[/post] she made claims about changes Peach's model had undergone throughout the development process.

[post=3025762]Here[/post] she confirms Captain Olimar.

[post=3171703]Here[/post] she claims Brawl will use a dual-layer disc, and that Europe won't get the game until at least April.

[post=3294985]Here[/post] is her character leak thread. The first post was edited by Gimpy, so the original is no longer there, but from the comments in it you can tell her claims were that there are 35 characters, Game & Watch, Toon Link (WW-style), Ness, and Captain Olimar are in, Olimar has a Pikmin whip-like move, Mega Man is out, and Ridley is probably only a Subspace boss. This is when she started getting a lot of hate.

[post=3431554]And here[/post] is when she made her claim about the second delay, which we've just learned she was right about.

Zevox

Smash Ace
Thanks, Zevox. NyaseNya is either very good at guessing or has a good source. The 35-character roster would be disappointing, though.

Just because he said 1-2 more third parties, it doesn't mean we're getting three. It's a maximum of three, minimum of two. If we were definitely getting three total, it'd be a minimum of three, maximum of three. However, that is clearly not the case. If we get three, it's not that we were definitely getting three.

Top Bottom