• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests every WEDnesday 5pm-midnight at UMBC

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
WHERE: The University of Maryland Baltimore County Game Room, located inside The Commons building on the 3rd floor.

WHEN: Spring 08 (04/16/08) 5pm-midnight

PARKING: Free parking along the loop (Hilltop Circle) which circumferences the entire campus.

ADDRESS:
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
HINT: Use MAPQUEST!

CAMPUS MAP:
http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/campusmap/map_flash.html

FACILITIES: There are 4x27" tv's in the game room and 1x~50" tv. Since the game room is more populated during the week, we may only be able to get one or two tv's. I suggest someone bring a full setup.

SNACKS:When people wish to purchase a drink or snack from the game room, you must pay money into a machine to get a guest card. The game room does NOT accept cash; you must pay with the guest card. The machine is located just inside the game room doors to the left. The process goes like this: 1. hit start, 2. Purchase Card, 3. Insert $1, 4. Start, 5. Add money to account, 6. Swipe card, 7. Add bill, etc. Then just present the card to the game room staff and they will subtract the amount from the card balance. Thanks!

DIRECTIONS AND PARKING TO UMBC: There are two main entrances to UMBC. One is off of I-195. If you are choosing this entrance, once you reach UMBC, you should make a left onto Hilltop circle (the circle which goes around the campus) , and then make a right at the first light. This brings you to several parking lots in which you are allowed to park for free during weekends. The other entrance is for people coming from 695, or from Catonsville. These drivers should enter thru the traffic round-about on Wilkins avenue, and head straight into campus, and go straight through the light to reach that same parking lot.

Click the link below, and enter your address to get your own directions to campus.

Directions to UMBC Campus

MY DIRECTIONS: The Commons, as you can see on the campus map, is basically in the center of campus. You know you're in the center of campus because there is a large field with the library at one end of it. The Commons is on the side of the field. You know you're in it because there is a front desk, a floor with all food eateries, the book store, Chevy Chase Bank (and an ATM), and a game room on the 3rd floor with a bunch of smashers. You'll have to walk up a steep/long ~20 step flight of stairs to get to the game room. IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT, JUST ASK ANYONE ON CAMPUS. It's really easy to find it, lol. This isn't UMD College Park.

BYOC!!! (Bring Your Own Controller)
BRING TV'S, CUBES AND COPIES OF SMASH!!!

For those familiar with Hat's Catonsville smashfests, this is about a 5 minute drive from there. It's right off of 95. There is a sign to the right of 95 for UMBC and Catonsville! It's exit 47B. Make sure to be in the slow lane and to slow down so you don't whiz by it without noticing.

See you guys there!

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
omg that is so sweet tues and thurs r the ONLY days i have off this week...so ill def be coming (+tv, +cube, +game). shoryuken.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
wait what the ****?

lol since when can you get to places without someone else driving you? good **** sir.

if you're serious, let's get some matches in. lots of matches.
Seriously this time, son. When I see you there, we're grabbing a tv and smashing immediately.

Vist - Gooshizzz, goooshizzz

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I think I might jump back in the B-more smash scene for a bit (school leaves me no time at all), but my problem is getting a ride there. Anyone in the Mount Vernon area (or close to Hopkins) that is driving? I can pay for gas...

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Someone bring another tv plz. Any size is appreciated. We have like 14 people coming, and I don't want to have to wait to play. If necessary I will split people up and take some to my room or to a dorm basement. I'd rather not have to do that, just as I'd not like to wait.

Omni

BRoomer
Money matches, anyone? (again)

I'll be going strictly Fox, Sheik, and Jiggs at the fest. Also, is this like a mini-tournament or something? Shinku said something about teams and I was like wha

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord

I'll be going strictly Fox, Sheik, and Jiggs at the fest. Also, is this like a mini-tournament or something? Shinku said something about teams and I was like wha
Just because more than 4 (in this case, 12+) smashers get together to play doesn't mean there has to be a tournament. The purpose is to play smash and get a chance to practice outside of a tournament. So no, there is no tournament.

Endo

Smash Cadet
I see I'm on the list for thursday (under my real name), but as much as wanna play, I won't be able to make it...huge exam friday. :(

HAT

Smash Ace

5$ MM sheik ditto

edit- if someone gives me a ride, i can probably bring a TV and a cube (btree has my copy of smash and probably isn't coming)

anyone? it's a quick trip right off 695, as you well know

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Not to repeat things, but is anyone able to come get me, if you want here's the address - 606 St. Paul Street B-more, 21202. Anyone? Anyone? I have gas money and love...

Edit: And a full setup if there's a vehicle. Added bonus.

Omni

BRoomer
be quiet.... EE :ohwell:

MM ?

Money match? Fox ditto? $5? I don't think we've ever played.

HAT 5$ Sheik Ditto
Anyone else?
Okay E^2.
I plan on playing very serious/hardcore at this.
I need to get harder.
I need to get better.
I need to get faster.
I need to get some Chipotle.
I need to get stronger.

:066:

Shinku

Smash Champion
i understand that this is just a fest but not a real tourney BUT, if alot of ppl show we should make it a tourney but free. that way its still fun and good practice. like dk smash fest.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
i understand that this is just a fest but not a real tourney BUT, if alot of ppl show we should make it a tourney but free. that way its still fun and good practice. like dk smash fest.
That is a possibility. If, for instance, we get stuck with only one or two tv's, then that would be the best idea, since it's more interesting to watch a tournament match for HONER than friendlies. Still, I want to play, so people better bring tv's!

I'm actually thinking up a way of obtaining two (for now) additional tv's, probably 13-27", for use in these weekly smashfests and in tournaments. I should formalize a plan in the next 3 days.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
I still can't bring a T.V, but I can at least come to this. I can bring my wii and Smash, though, if anyone else can bring just the T.V <_<

Oh, and if you read this Omni, bring FFT: War of the Lions. We can do... stuff. Anyone else can bring it if they have it, too.

Endo

Smash Cadet
That was a great session, even though I could only stay for 2 hours. Nice playing with you all, hopefully see you again in 2 days.

Top Bottom