• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Update 1*Middle Tennessee Tournament @ KOKingpins's

Nite

Smash Champion
Wow, and when moogle sings, he means it. I'm going to try to make it.

Matt- Are you still down for doubles? If not, I'll have to find another ride. *Winks* @ Moogle.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll have to ask my dad again to make sure I can still go to this. >_>

Assuming I can, I can take one person legally.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The 2nd? What day of the week is that? Weekend? If it is and Red is willing to give me a ride, I believe I can make it.

Could this be? Could we possibly have a meeting between the east and west?...and KO, you count as east :)

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Not that I can truly speak for him, but I talked with mslano, and I'm pretty sure he's coming (possibly with 1 or 2 peeps?).

That is not part of the 6+ people I know that are going.

Looks like this is shaping up to be quite nice. :-)

EDIT: And will we see the soon-to-be-infamous $100 mm Falco ditto between Nite and Red Ninja ?

Nite

Smash Champion
It depends on if Red_Ninja and myself can make it. Also if he is still up for the $100 money match.

I look forward to coming either way. I'll finally get to meet more TN smashers besides Memphis.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Ah, after playing him so much and knowing what you can do I am very anxious to see that go down!

Edit: And just to make sure, the last I talked to him he was still up for the money match.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Gah, I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I can make it.

See, the thing is, I have to come in to work at 4am Sunday.

Anybody know the potential starting/ending times on this? If we'd be going late into the night I'd rather not go than get there and have to turn around and leave like a party pooper.

If it's going to be early and relatively short, I think I can make it.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
Nite if your still up for the $100 money match, I'm still up for it. It is a lot of money for best of 3, but I am definitely still up for it. If and when we meet up, we'll talk about it further.

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, $100 for a 3/5 is a lot. I'll say we do a 4/7 or a 5/9. Cause it is a lot of money.

4 out of 7 seems like the best choice. I'm up for it as long as I can make it to the tournament. We'll see what happens.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
See guys the problem is I have to work every Fri, Sat, and Sun. I have already posted that earlier in this thread. Fri (8:00 AM - 4:00PM) Sat (8:00 AM- 8:00 PM) Sun (8:00 AM- 8:00 PM). If it was not my first 90 days I would request off, but I just got the job a month ago, and I haven't accumulated PTO (paid time off) yet. How am I supposed to pay for my condo if I don't get paid. It really sucks going to school Monday - Thursday and working Friday- Sunday, I get no days off until christmas break and summer.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
Tourney Reg and Start Time

Question! What time does the tourney start? Or when does registration start?
I just talked to KO, the tournament will start at 12:00 noon. Teams might happen, if enough people want it. Registation will end at noon so everyone try to be there by 11:00AM. All the rules are on the first page. I am sorry I cannot be there and wish you all the best. Let me know how it turns out.

On another note: Nite you seem like a really cool person, and when we do meet up, possibly late this month or early next month, we will be sure to pull out the video camera and satisfy all these smashers that want to see our matches go down.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, seems like I cant make this. My parents pulled a mind change again and said they "forgot" I asked them before. So I will have to wait and see what happens.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I basically had that luck too. Thanks for calling, KO, but I simply couldn't make it today. I had to go in to work, and here I am sitting up all night because I have to stupid work again here at 4am. Ugh.

But... it pays the bills, so what can you do.

At any rate, I don't think I'm prepared for tourney play yet anywho. At best, I'd have shown up and played some friendly matches against some folks willing to get their confidence up by 3 and 4 stocking a newbie, hehe. As Red showed me the other night, I have plenty to learn yet. (Well, I guess the word is practice. I've already learned all the fun stuff. I just need to be able to DO it.)

Well, hope things went well!

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
So, as those of you who did go know, we didn't actually have a tournament. We did, however, have a good time, and about a dozen people showed up to play Smash - and play we did, from about 11 am until about 2 am. It was a ton of fun to meet new people and get my butt kicked by them. Moogle in particular dominated in the round robin we did in the afternoon, where each person ran through a gauntlet of everyone else present with a character.

Moogle - used Captain Falcon - 8/8 wins, very dominant, only person to go undefeated in his set - had a total of +19 stocks on his opponents
Mslano - used Ganondorf - 7/9 wins, pretty strong showing against other good players, had a total of +16 stocks on his opponents
JMoan - used Sheik - 6/8 wins, but probably a bit of a fluke by his own admission, as he beat MSlano in his round robin, something he doesn't do most of the time. Had a total of +11 stocks on his opponents
Karlton (no board name I'm aware of) - used Samus - 6/8 wins, +7 stocks net on his opponents
KOKingpin - used Zelda! - 5/8 wins, +2 stocks on his opponents net, but beat JMoan and Karlton in their round robin brackets, so probably not really representitive. He also played his round robin as Zelda, which probably is why he got a lower ratio than the others
Casey (no board name I'm aware of) - used Falco - 3/8 wins, -9 stocks net on his opponents

We ran out of time before myself (Titanium Dragon), Kevin, and Travis got to do their round robins, as several of the people involved had to get home at about 7pm.

Afterwards we smashed for a while in KO's appartment.

All in all, it was a lot of fun, and I really appreciate KO setting this up. Hopefully next time more people can come and we can do an actual tournament. It was nice meeting everyone and was a good locale.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
hey guys thank you soooo much for showing up i had a ball. hopefully next time more people will be able to show. That means Nite must bring everyone with him so maybe we can get some OOS people to show up.
Moogle - man you are a great player and your pichu is the bomb.
Jmoan - ur shiek is great but alas it is still a shiek. (ps shieks best move is down B)
Karlton (i know hes not on smashboards) - awesome samus man. i really enjoyed playin with ya.
MSlano - always a pleasure to play with ya man u make ganon look sexay!

So next time everyone should show. This means you Run7, C&M INC, Trident, Virgilijious, and anyone else who comes.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I think I speak for everyone that came with me when I saw that we had a great time over at KO's, even if there was no "true" tournament. None of us (except mslano) had really actively gone somewhere to play smash with others, and it was a truly refreshing experience.

Moogle definitely represented, especially during the night. His Kirby was surprisingly owning some of us up. I couldn't handle that lil' pink baloon! :( And my Fox DEFINITELY needs some work after seeing Moogle go to town in our Fox ditto.

Hopefully next time, more people will show up. I think it'd be great if we could get something that alternates with INNsomnia so that we basically have a good tournament every weekend somewhere in TN. Perhaps over the holidays more people will be able to come...

Can't wait to play with everyone again! :)

EDIT: KO, you're only half-right. Every other down-B move by Sheik is her best move. ;)
Also, KO, whenever you have the time to come over to Vandy, just give me a call. I'd love to play with you again. Odds are I'll be able to play unless I have some big test or assignment to work on. (Same for you Moogle, though you seem to live too far away for feasibility.)

Virgilijus

BRoomer
KO, I really wanted to come but sadly I am a transportation leech and depend on others for rides. But I may be getting a car over winter break, hopefully.

Pichus and Kirbys? Should I bring out my Mewtwo into the low tier fray?...I think I shall :)

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, Lance, Chad, and myself were going to come, but we were not going to get hardly any sleep after being up all night for the biweekly on Friday. Maybe next time.

P.S. Nite's low tiers are godly, don't tempt them.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
KO, I really wanted to come but sadly I am a transportation leech and depend on others for rides. But I may be getting a car over winter break, hopefully.

Pichus and Kirbys? Should I bring out my Mewtwo into the low tier fray?...I think I shall :)
Well, for tounies during the school year, depending on whether you live not too out of the way, I could probably pick you up if you had no other transit options.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I live in Knoxville, right off of the campus. It's several steps north of the border into the uncivilized redneck world :(

Vindicated Metal

Smash Rookie
Hello!

Jmoan! I know you! It's been a while since we talked. You remember your homie back from PV, right? I'll give you a hint. My name starts with a N and ends with ick.

Oh...and my last name starts with t.... >__>

Anyways, i live in Knoxville, and i know one of you guys do too. Somebody told me about ya. Anyways, we should get together to play sometime, i live on the UTK campus in Hess Hall. Send me an email sometime at Attimus331@yahoo.com

Let me just warn you...it's been a very long time since i played.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Hess? I have a friend who's an RA at Hess! Small world...

Hmmm, I wonder if this somebody was him? Any ways, it's good to see another smasher in Knoxville :)

Ikitt

Smash Rookie
Thanks KOKingPin, it was great playing with ya too.. but, I didn't realy think my Samus is realy that good..

Nite

Smash Champion
Virg- I don't only play Falco, I can play everyone at an above average level. Although, for some characters, that isn't that good.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Nick and Karlton joining SmashBoards?!?! The world has ended! But thankfully, a new and more beautiful world has begun. :p Hopefully you now see the beauty that is smashboards.com

Vindicated M., go to the TN locator thread. You're bound to find some local peeps there, and you may even want to add yourself to the mix. Play them, get better, and come to the next KO tournie! (BTW, whenever I actually perform a successful dash attack to up-smash I still refer to it as "you just got Nick'd").

Same goes for Ikitt and TD. Join the TN locator! It's just nice to have a lil' compendium of TN smashers with the click of a button.

:chuckle:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Virg- I don't only play Falco, I can play everyone at an above average level. Although, for some characters, that isn't that good.
I was guessing as much; virtually all good players do. I just wanted bring in a little levity to the bottom tier.

Vindicated Metal: Andrew? Who asks? :laugh:

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Next time, KO, next time!! *Shakes fist* </Dr. Claw>

I'm waiting on Red to throw a hometown Ktown throwdown of some sort, either in the proposed "Smash Van" or his place when he gets moved in. Evidently, there's at least four of us already here...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Yeah, is it andrew or what man? Cuz he's my RA.

Ah, what I believe we have here is a failure to communicate. I though you were asking me for MY name, not your RA's name. What a coincidence though :psycho:

So while I guess I don't know your RA, I guess I can suffice as the person being talked about. Dam, that was confusing for a moment.

Just check your messages.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I'm still confused as to who did what in the RA scandal. From what I gather, Vindicated is the RA himself, Virg is his long lost cousin, and somehow this Andrew-character used to be Marilyn Monroe. How close am I?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
JMOAN: You better be careful, you know too much ;)

Vindicated: Yeah, I'll gladly come over. Just send me a message saying when and where.

Top Bottom