• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
yo nyc. gmoney be hostin a tourny in L.I. on august 23 at this place called game table, it's where parallax used to be. it's gon be a brawl/melee tourny so EVERYBODY can come!!!! it's gon be maaaaaad hype and i want EVERYBODY TO COME!!! housing may be provided depending on when my basement gets finished and if i ca get other ppl on l.i to house but it's lookin good so far. so i dont wanna hear no johns. everybody must come and quit life.

BUM163

Smash Lord
if i'm still doin the weeklys, we cannot do it to 1am. i hope that i don't get shouted out by my boss which most likely i will cause it lasted so long. if i feel like it's gonna take to long i can do the following

just do one event for the day
do one event and maybe sumthin short like a random crew battle and then the next day do a single and doubles.

do one event friday and then do doubles and singles on saturday.

the thing about all this though is that people haveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to come saturday. i need votes on how many can go and it has to be at least 25 people to go.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i been said it should b on saturdays ... but mostly cuz i hate coming home sooo dam late ... its mad annoying ... but w.e ya decide i will still only sho up if i'm not working or w.e ^_^

IKE ALL DAI lmfaooo ... i really need to stop picking his *** and main a better char huh >.>

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Weekly Was Awesome! Everyone Watch Dark Knight!

HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY! LOL

I had fun at the weekly. It was good seeing everyone there.

Good job ROCKIN in running the teams bracket. It's not an easy task running tournaments.

DARK PEACH for representing Peach. Peach is back and still good!

RENO I love YOU! I WANT TO HAVE YOUR KID, O_O! XD. Let me know if you want your own customized shirt. I will 'hook you up' as they say, lol.

Jtails, it was good seeing you there and meeting your friends. :)

DA I love you guys! :)

There are so many people to give shout outs. Sry if I missed a lot of people but know that everyone I missed I owe you all a hug and a kiss :) LMAO

I finally entered my first weekly since like months ago and dam I have a lot of training to do. I had fun teaming with MOP(NOT MOPE, LOL), it's a privilege.

It was cool hanging with SHINIGAMII, MOP, MIWA, and my dude D1 (NOT MY FATHER! LOL) :)

Soul Calibur at the weekly = awesomeness. It was good playing everyone there: D1, Lord Kanti, Godot, Jumpman and I will run a mini Soul Calibur tournament soon for part 4...O YEAH! Dark Vader is already banned XD cause he's a jedi, hahahahaha.

Dark Knight after the weekly was EPIC! Bum, Fab, Jman and Hotbox (BX ALL DAI, LMAO) I got home at 6am. The movie is worth it. I'm going to watch the film again hopefully today. Yay!

Talk to you all laters

JAY
O
YEAH

P.S.

MEGA JAPAN! Why weren't you there at the weekly? We were suppose to have a MM? 1 match $5 Ike vs Zelda on Final D? I just shouted Mega Japan out. He's going to throw a shoe at me, LMAO! Let me know when you want to have the MM.

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice
indeed fun weekly. im just mad i came from nj and got caught in OD traffic just for doubles, only to find out my partner was teaming with someone.

salright though. gratz to DP for doin it real big lol. im still comin for ya though.

R3N0

Smash Lord
no one remembers to shout me out ebar :'( except for jayo

ur awesome =D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if i'm still doin the weeklys, we cannot do it to 1am. i hope that i don't get shouted out by my boss which most likely i will cause it lasted so long. if i feel like it's gonna take to long i can do the following

just do one event for the day
do one event and maybe sumthin short like a random crew battle and then the next day do a single and doubles.

do one event friday and then do doubles and singles on saturday.

the thing about all this though is that people haveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to come saturday. i need votes on how many can go and it has to be at least 25 people to go.
Bum as I said many times before, do them on saturday and start them early. That way both events get done, and people can still play friendlies after and then you have enough time to close up. Saturdays are better cause on fridays if lots of people come, you are not gonna finish on time. Then we are gonna go through the same crap over and over and the risk of you losing your job cause people wont listen. Saturdays are better. If you make it ob both dyas more money to waste, Just do them on saturday.

HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY! LOL

DARK PEACH for representing Peach. Peach is back and still good!
Thanks. Makes me feel good. Peach is so bad azz ;D

gratz to DP for doin it real big lol. im still comin for ya though.
Ha ha, thanks. And bring it ;D

thx

Smash Ace
saturday would be better because then people who have other things to do like party or hang out with the girl could do that later in the night i kno i dont do anything saturday mornings

Alukard

Smash Hero
told you guys ... SATURDAY ... early ... ad then finish at ****ing 5 or sumthing and then we get home at like 6 and head out to the movies club etc. with the lady friends ^_^

R3N0

Smash Lord
not gonna be there on saturdays, traveling to oos tournies for melee.

Cia

das kwl
big *** tourny on L.I. brawl/melee. everybody from nyc, nj pa and ct be comin. get on dat
link plz. although it's probably useless to mention melee around here. if anything it's hurtful. i've even stopped hoping for them to wise up switch back to melee.

i've come to the realization that nyc needs brawl.otherwise i'd go completely unopposed, unchallenged, and i'd just plain beat the crap out of everyone.. (this excludes people like.. jman, and reno and etc) with MY fox .. LOLOL

at least in brawl they stand a chance

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
link plz. although it's probably useless to mention melee around here. if anything it's hurtful. i've even stopped hoping for them to wise up switch back to melee.

i've come to the realization that nyc needs brawl.otherwise i'd go completely unopposed, unchallenged, and i'd just plain beat the crap out of everyone.. (this excludes people like.. jman, and reno and etc) with MY fox .. LOLOL

Dayum.. that post was maaad grimey lmao. But you do gotta take into consideration that some people are busy or have an exceeded amount of time out of smash which means they don't get that good. Me? I think I'm too good considering I got into competitive melee in 2007 and still do pretty good. Plus I do attend college, etc. =[

But then again.. you do have those people that think just because it's Brawl they'll have a chance. but we can all just let them think that lmao =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
i miss melee ... for oh so many reasons ... but i gave up waiting for nyc to want it back as well ...

but i will support anyone that will throw a tourney ... so please people show up to the tourney ^_^ ... afro is tryin hard to bring it back ... i mean ya all kno ya miss the combos and edge of ur seat action ... of getting pressured off the stage or even tossing a space animal off the stage and correct EDGE GUARDING him ^_^ BRING IT BACK L.I. ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

So you are pretty much insulting just about everyone who plays brawl........correct?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
why not....like both :-D

vanz - i gotta figure when i can play next which is probably Thursday at 1230am on -.-

D1

Banned via Administration
I love Jay0 for being mad persistent in trying to get an mm outta ma d00 Sigurd XD! Your Marth isn't actually all that bad dude. *ignores Shinigami's vid* XD!! <33

Shoutout to Reno for wearing Green! <3

Shoutout to all the Peaches in NYC <333!

Thats what you get PC for not comin last Friday jerk! XDD

Since my Brawl disc is randomly gettin mad disc-read errors I'm gonna spend the day playing Accent Core, SC3, and 3rdStrike w/ ma d00 Jumpman since I can't play Brawl T__T.

Yo did any of you negroes know certain spots broke the street date for SC4 already in NYC?!! I need to KNOW WHERE!

I'd actually bring my PS3 w/ me to the weekly cuz no one ever actually grills me in Bklyn its gettin safer around here...

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah I double posted...warn me.

Yo since ECRC tourneys are cropping up like crazy NYC is gonna need to step it up w/ rules so that we can get pre-ECRC preparation.

I know before we said we're NYC blah blah and we're our own state yadda yadda...but it seems like if we wanna be ready for outta state...we're gonna have to change our ruleset so we're in a better frame of mind for upcoming oos tournies. Plus the money's bigger outta state anyways, which is even more of an incentive to attend. Regardless of how stiff the competition is...we already know that NYC is beast of a state and will dominate in the upcoming tournies for the ECRC but in order to do that we should start formulating our ruleset around the current widely held SBR ruleset...its not MLG rules since MLG isn't here for Brawl atm.

So shut the fugg kay thanx bai. (Yeah I spelled it out n_nX)

Without further ado here's a rough draft of what NYC needs to expect for the next upcoming ECRC @ XIIesticle in CT Aug. 9th:

Rules

-> General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

-> Stages

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:

Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

-> Other

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

-> Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match. (This also counts for MetaKnight's stupid Infinite Cape BS)

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

----------------------------
Discuss!

Shadow 111

Smash Lord

ouch. =/ this post makes me want to melee mm you ... too bad i can't do it now though.. i lost any skill i had in the game .. my jiggs wasdecent but i can no longer do any rest combos and such =( oh well lol. i would lose anyway.. but still harsh post =/

Yo since ECRC tourneys are cropping up like crazy NYC is gonna need to step it up w/ rules so that we can get pre-ECRC preparation.

I know before we said we're NYC blah blah and we're our own state yadda yadda...but it seems like if we wanna be ready for outta state...we're gonna have to change our ruleset so we're in a better frame of mind for upcoming oos tournies. Plus the money's bigger outta state anyways, which is even more of an incentive to attend. Regardless of how stiff the competition is...we already know that NYC is beast of a state and will dominate in the upcoming tournies for the ECRC but in order to do that we should start formulating our ruleset around the current widely held SBR ruleset...its not MLG rules since MLG isn't here for Brawl atm.

So shut the fugg kay thanx bai. (Yeah I spelled it out n_nX)

Without further ado here's a rough draft of what NYC needs to expect for the next upcoming ECRC @ XIIesticle in CT Aug. 9th:

Rules

-> General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

-> Stages

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:

Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

-> Other

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

-> Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match. (This also counts for MetaKnight's stupid Infinite Cape BS)

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

----------------------------
Discuss!
i completely agree with that D1.. i have even said it before.... even though i LOVE having pkmn stadium and delfino on random =( i would rather we have the official ECRC rules.

there should only be 1 ban though too

so bum do you agree with us on that?

BUM163

Smash Lord
i don't agree wit those rules at all. they cater to top tier and stages like pokemon stadium 2 is not competitve like at all. thatz one of the stupid kiddy stages that need to be off. hannebow is a stage where campers set up tents n camp all day. web2zone can't afford that crap. future wise not now.

vanz u truly insulted nyc just cause we picked up a newer game. thatz not fair that u still train in the game. if i was to train one week i would beat u most matches n u know it. it's not that serious, but if u quit brawl thatz on u. you live in nyc yet u cater to other states. thatz crazy, but thatz ur life style. not everyone has to defend nyc and at times i do be disappointed at nyc... but should i turn my back on nyc? negative. i love all the players and i told u i wanna bring melee back, u got to be patient. as a matter of fact i wanna ask ya this..

what competitve games would u like to see have a weekly/tournament?

in my lineup is this-

arcana hearts

street fighter 3rd strike

super smash bros melee

soul calibur 4 which is coming out in august

halo 3

guilty gear accent core

capcom vs snk 2

virtua fighter 5

future titles-

street fighter 4

gears of war 2

tekken 6

arcana hearts 2 which is probably like no time soon.

email me via oni163@aol.com n inform on wat u like to see in web2zone.

Cia

das kwl
Alex - i'm not showing up at anyone's house at 12:30 am for brawl.. (i had to say brawl because i've gone to eggm's at 3am for melee (LMAO)

Everyone else - No one should be insulted by what i said. for the simple fact that no one even plays it. even i'm bad right now because i don't get to practice at all. but i do know that when melee was last done in NY i was one of the best and i really didn't have to try. Not only that, but honestly, am I wrong?? who out there would beat me in a money match if i played u in melee this friday?? unless someone says otherwise i'm just going to assume no one would do it.

that's like me saying "hey justin wong, i haven't been competitive in mvc2 for FOUR years, but i wouldn't get *****.. not by you" <_<

Bum - wow.. i thought jesus was over-exaggerating when he said u were saying things like that to him. fine than. there's a week bet. now and the next weekly, train in melee. i'm gonna say right now that i'm confident that nothing you throw at me will even phase my sheik. but if so we'll see what my peach does. you trained me WAAAAAY to well in that game to still lose like that to your DK. and honestly.. u have a severe rolling habit that's just perfect for puff. ^_^

and about the catering to other states thing. You're **** right about that. other states play the game I LIKE. NYC is like the only place where there is ZERO melee community. u keep saying wait, ur gonna bring melee back. it might be hyped for one day, but u know everyone is just gonna RUN home to their sweet brawl where they won't get so brutally *****. one person can't make be a community.

Cia

das kwl
VaNz you're nice like that now? $10 mm in Melee and/or Brawl?

Bum get SF, GG, and Melee in. If it has to be one I'd toss my vote to SF or if they're enough interested players GG.
ok come to the next weekly, can do both money matches. best of 5 for both. MLG rules for melee, Weekly rules for brawl, agreed??

also.. who are you??

Top Bottom