• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
When is the next one going to be?

Whenever it is I'm gonna try my best to come :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I edited the vids of TSA NJ vs Dumb crew. I'll do the rest after I work out and start uploading them tonight.

GOTM

Smash Champion
we're gonna start planning the next one probably in a week or so once our finals are over, cuz drexel blows.

we dont know what dates are open or anything like that yet, but we're hoping for something in the middle of the summer.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea lets talk dates for the next one. july 12 or 19th sound good? whichever has less events planned that weekend. i wanna do a 2 day melee brawl again in the van r ballroom both days. thatl make everything a lot easier.

changes that should happen...

-start doubles on both days later

-drop melee crews

-have more free time so ppl can challenge each other in crew battles and such in replacement of a crew battle tourney

-drop the venue fee but instead take out 20% from the pot. as much as ppl dont like money being taken from the pot, its ridiculously hard to keep track of ppl paying venue fees, and we didn't even get $80 from venue fees from CoT3, and we need to pay drexel somehow lol.

-pirate ship is banned in brawl events

-consider banning pokemon stadium 2 in brawl events

-consider banning green hill zone and mario circuit from brawl doubles

-be a lot more aggro in running brackets. i ran brawl singles bracket nearly flawless on sunday IMO, and i want melee to run just as smooth and fast.

-get more extension cables/surge protectors and ask ppl to bring them

-get more setups

-canceling 64. its a dead game lol. we had 5 ppl interested in 64 singles and it had to be canceled.

as for the last event, does anyone have any constructive criticism? (besides pools, which i will be very careful about this time around, only doing them with a lot of ppl so we can eliminate some for a quicker bracket), if we have a lot of time, etc. also, please comment on the use of pokemon stadium 2, and green hill zone/mario circuit in teams. how did they affect the tourney matches?

i personally didnt get to see any GHZ or mario circuit tourney matches, normally cause everyone banned them, so perhaps its a sign. as for stadium 2, i saw 2 matches (one being my own), and they didn't really seem to affect it that much. sure the effects are kinda crazy, but they affect both players equally, and didnt really give any specific characters crazy advantages.

Jollies

Smash Cadet
Shout outs a million days late:

Vanz - thanks for teaming with me, and being cool with me being terribad. Your seemingly obvious advice helped me out a lot, and it was a lot of fun.

GOTM - good **** in teams, even though i wasn't really much of a teammate. If I hear the phrase "fawking peesa ****" one more time, I'm going to rip out your throat. This also applies to...

Scar - fun as always. Play my 360 games or give them back. Also, we need to hang out and go to D&B.

Cactus - your shirts still don't fit.

Dumb Crew members - a lot of fun, although I don't know why you made me anchor. I definitely wasn't the best we had.

LK - good **** finishing me off easily in crews, and good **** in 3S. But Denjin Ryu *****.

Pakman - I'm pretty sure you're too good at everything. Your Alex is vicious, and so is your Contra 3.

Woz - good 3S matches, but I don't think we played Melee this time around. Try not to play Ikaruga again...it'll kill your brain if you try to play it for too long.

Will - your Jiggs is too nasty. Good **** in teams

Dot - also good **** in teams. Samus doesn't like to die, especially with a Kongo Jungle barrel.

Toushi - you're hilarious. Falcon dittos are the best!

Kasumi - I was the Marth player you couldn't identify. You need to give your Doc more credit!

Chibo - thanks for holding a solid tournament. I'm glad my Melee image helped you out. Good **** in teams, although we had 3 people on our team...Vanz counts as 2 people.

Everybody - I'm the best at nairing the sandbag

Sorry if I forgot anybody, but it's been a few days, and I have a terrible memory.

Cia

das kwl
chibo - banning pirate ship in singles makes you amazing. banning hanenbow makes you a saint. making delfino a neutral makes you god.

also, I liked that so many people had a turn with the mic. that make the event so fun.

I might practice brawl just so I can down there and do money matches :]

Gaydede all day.. dede

LOL

(mexi was my favorite brawl player down there)

starz was my least favorite.. Olimar?? x_x

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol then call me amazing vanz

pirate ship is DEFINITELY out from the ridiculous advantage toon link has on it as i saw in the matches in my pool. i think the TL player was itsumi. however i dont see a big problem with hanenbow yet. i know some ppl out there completely hate it and have their own reasons to why it should be banned, but i still dont see it. yes camping can be done on it, but we have to be more strict with the no excessive camping rule.

if i see a match where a person who is losing (by stock and perfect) is doing NOTHING but running away, i simply give them a warning and tell them to stop. its one thing to keep distance and still attack with projectiles, but if your running away is yielding nothing, and especially if you are losing the match (so your opponent would win by time limit anyway), then you are definitely not allowed to. so in simpler words, sure it may be easier to camp on hanenbow, however it gives no specific character a huge advantage over another. sure there may be some things that certain characters can favor, but its no different than say jiggz on dl64 in melee or some of the other counterpicks/neutrals in brawl like lylat

as for delfino, i actually considered making it neutral, but i think im gonna refrain from doing that due to moments of water, walls, and walk offs (which now after writing and noticing it, i will refer to as the 3 w's lol)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you're banning Great Sea, also ban Corneria, Green Hill, Green Greens, and Mario Circuit. I did NOT like having to waste my stage bans on stages that are clearly bannable to begin with. If you ban all of those stages, it'll be a lot more fair.

Hanenbow is okay for teams but terrible in singles, imo. It's not like...super bannable, but we typically ban it in NJ. Corneria is definitely only good for teams, and even then it's still gay as hell.

Make sure Brawl crews runs next time!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
CHIBO VIDEOS CHIBO VIDEOS CHIBO VIDEOS CHIBO VIDEOS!
KEITARO VIDEOS...If you run into a vid of green marth ****** falcon in like than a minute n a half its my marth WRECKING reno :) I WANT THAT UP KEITARO!

CHIBO VIDEOS CHIBO VIDEOS

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i still have seen no main problem with corneria in singles IMO. its good enough i say to make it to cot4. im leaning towards banning circuit and ghz for doubles

il get vids when i get real internet at my apartment lol

il still consider running a crew tourney for either game on the respective day AFTER singles IF theres time, as scar said. its just not a definite thing

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i still have seen no main problem with corneria in singles IMO. its good enough i say to make it to cot4. im leaning towards banning circuit and ghz for doubles

il still consider running a crew tourney for either game on the respective day AFTER singles IF theres time, as scar said. its just not a definite thing
Me, M2K, Atomsk, Lord Knight, and other players sure see lots of reasons to ban it. Not enough people picked it in singles because a lot of people used a stage ban on it. I know I did. You haven't seen the gayness there yet. I'll be sure to have Atomsk play you there next time we meet.

Brawl crews plz.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whats so broken on corneria besides the wall there? there are walls in periods of delfino, stadium, and other stages. the health recovery for lucas and ness is no different than it was in melee (which it was legal) and GaW is the same thing really. and the ledge trick GaW can do isnt broken on corneria as he can do it on yoshis island (brawl), which is neutral after all

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Cot 4 will contain mass lols : )

also, housing xzax/vex/ and ryoko? would be great, last time i had to leave, but then again, ryoko got there at like 2, what a weener

Inui

Banned via Warnings
whats so broken on corneria besides the wall there? there are walls in periods of delfino, stadium, and other stages. the health recovery for lucas and ness is no different than it was in melee (which it was legal) and GaW is the same thing really. and the ledge trick GaW can do isnt broken on corneria as he can do it on yoshis island (brawl), which is neutral after all
Wall periods on other stages do NOT force you to either approach or lose. Those periods actually end. If Dedede is winning and stands on the far right, you absolutely MUST take a game deciding risk to win that's ALWAYS in the Dedede's favour by an astronomical amount. No, you CAN'T win without approaching because Dedede can stand there forever and win by time.

Why Corneria Should be Banned

- Dedede can wall infinite 2/3 of the characters on the right side, and he can just get the advantage up top, run away, and force you to go down there. There is no counter-tactic to this beyond maining a top tier featherweight(which are few) or taking a gigantic risk always in Dedede's favour.
- Dedede can chaingrab people to the left side, send them off the stage, and then they can die from the Great Fox laser or double jump, and the forced double jump means Dedede can just call it and hit you no matter what.
- The Great Fox's laser fires more frequently than it used to, and getting hit results in an instant death.
- Fox can shine infinite on the right side.
- Ike can chaingrab with his f-throw, which can be set up by his b-throw, on the right side. This isn't infinite, but it gets a lot of characters to high percent.
- Game and Watch can kill people at 0% by bucketing lasers and at like 40% with u-smash.
- Lucas and Ness can camp lasers to heal a ridiculous amount of damage.
- Donkey Kong can cargo u-throw most characters at low damage on the fin and kill them.
- Meta Knight can fin camp forever with his shuttle loop.
- Almost any character can do ridiculous nonsense with fin camping.
- You can die at very low percent from anywhere on the stage from a lot of things, like Fox and Game and Watch's up smashes killing you at ~50% consistently.
- Extreme camping in general is not only promoted by that stage, but necessary to have a shot at winning.
-Mew2King, the best player, thinks it should be banned.

lol @ anyone allowing this stage.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
while all that technically makes sense, i have not seen one good competitive player actually lose because of any of those reasons. its not banned all the time, and i have yet to seen it happen in a tourney. give me a realistic time when it happened at cot3 and il consider it.

its no worse than it was in melee, except for wall infinites, which was in melee, except it was hard to do with fox.

Beat

Smash Ace
Chibo just wants to put his wiener inside the Great Fox's tailpipe. Otherwise he wouldn't refute sound logic.

Top Bottom