• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You guys are ******* if you'd stop playing. How many hours of your lives have been spent playing this addictive game? If you drop melee so easily, well then you aren't the ***s i thought you were. :(

Plus Brawl looks too item-based and FLOATY to be competitive. I'd leave the fun to brawl, serious **** to melee. With the lack of tech. ****, and overall dumb-downededed ness Sakurai has done...

well - lets just say we'll be getting to know exactly how fun it is to have aerials auto-cancel after FFing.

Woo-hoo. Fun.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Melee is going to be competitive for a long time to come. I don't even need to further expand on what Brenard said because theres nothing else to say.

Drop the arguments and have fun with the game.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
lol I can guarantee that Melee will be played as competitvely as 64 is now once brawl comes out. Brawl will take over, no matter how bad it is, because we will find all these weird techniques and **** that will make it just as competitive as Melee. Plus, melee is just so gay with all the gay stages and character match ups. Just gay. I want a new super smash bros.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You guys are ******* if you'd stop playing. How many hours of your lives have been spent playing this addictive game? If you drop melee so easily, well then you aren't the ***s i thought you were. :(

Plus Brawl looks too item-based and FLOATY to be competitive. I'd leave the fun to brawl, serious **** to melee. With the lack of tech. ****, and overall dumb-downededed ness Sakurai has done...

well - lets just say we'll be getting to know exactly how fun it is to have aerials auto-cancel after FFing.

Woo-hoo. Fun.
LOL Open your mind Bernard, just because the games not going to be about picking Fox and learning as much technical **** as you can its not going to be serious?

Last time I checked Jiggs uses little tech and is incredibly floaty.
OH ****! Can't wait for brawl!

worldjem7

Smash Ace

Woo-hoo. Fun.
I can say the same for you: Why are you so quick to cut down Brawl even though you have never played the game? You can say "it looks like this" and "it has that" all you want but, because nothing is concrete until you actually try the game those claims are empty.

I only started playing Melee competitively since june but, I've been playing it since I first got it at its release date and it's been way too long. It's time for a change.

If you don't like Brawl after you've played it then you can stick to Melee but, I for one will embrace Brawl as a new game instead of expecting it to be Melee 2.0 like a lot of people want it to be.

Also, what does this mean?

you aren't the ***s i thought you were. :(

I.B

Smash Lord
lol I can guarantee that Melee will be played as competitvely as 64 is now once brawl comes out. Brawl will take over, no matter how bad it is, because we will find all these weird techniques and **** that will make it just as competitive as Melee. Plus, melee is just so gay with all the gay stages and character match ups. Just gay. I want a new super smash bros.
LOL Open your mind Bernard, just because the games not going to be about picking Fox and learning as much technical **** as you can its not going to be serious?

Last time I checked Jiggs uses little tech and is incredibly floaty.
OH ****! Can't wait for brawl!
I can say the same for you: Why are you so quick to cut down Brawl even though you have never played the game? You can say "it looks like this" and "it has that" all you want but, because nothing is concrete until you actually try the game those claims are empty.

I only started playing Melee competitively since june but, I've been playing it since I first got it at its release date and it's been way too long. It's time for a change.

If you don't like Brawl after you've played it then you can stick to Melee but, I for one will embrace Brawl as a new game instead of expecting it to be Melee 2.0 like a lot of people want it to be.
Agreed with all of those.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
New games are always ****, I can't remember the last "new" game that was actually good.
Super Mario Galaxy
Half life 2 and the episodes coming after it
TF2 ( 9 ****ing years of build up, and it was worth it)
CoD4
BioShock
Crysis
Portal (got SO MUCH HYPE and buildup, and it lived up to it)
The first four in those list were great very new and different games then the ones that came before them. Bioshock and crysis were just great new games.

Greatly anticipated, and they didnt dissapoint. Not ALL games dissapoint.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

New games are always ****, I can't remember the last "new" game that was actually good.

A million internets to the first one to correctly name that game, Nate excluded.

But that game is top tier.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Well considering the fact that the Guilty Gear series itself is new (as far as fighters go).... my point still stands. :)

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman

ok honestly you both have really valid points, but i think you are both being completely rediculus, the game hasn't even come out yet and you are both arguing which is better. I'm with bernard when he said brawl isn't even out yet, we're still playing melee, live in the here and now, however I'm also siding with eric when bernard makes the pre-judgment that Brawl isnt going to be serious, from what I hear SSB64 was in the EXACT same position when melee came out. items can STILL be turned off, and tournaments will STILL be hosted. so lets all just stfu, wait, and THEN make our judgment.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Super Mario Galaxy
Half life 2 and the episodes coming after it
TF2
CoD4
BioShock
Crysis

The first four in those list were great very new and different games then the ones that came before them. Bioshock and crysis were just great new games.

Greatly anticipated, and they didnt dissapoint. Not ALL games dissapoint.
Okay, Galaxy.

HL2 is pretty much the same game play though, it's nothing crazy new. TF2, I havn't played 1 or 2, but kinda seen 2, so whatever.
CoD4~No idea about the game play, still looks like an average shooter
Bioshock and Crysis~If I wanted to hear a story, I would go see a movie :/

But the point I was trying to get at is major game play changes to game sequels that were good as they were.

EDIT: Also, crazy fractals: http://motion.ytmnd.com/

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
well tbh the change from melee to brawl is not HUGE, it is still the same idea, and basically the same **** with just a few big tweaks and changes.

TF2 exact same thing, big tweaks and changes but same idea as TF1, but ***** it in the ***.

So 2 games i can count at least that were successful , brawl will hopefully be the third.

have a little faith

D.B

Smash Ace
How about we all just wait till brawl comes out, wait a bit, try to adapt, see if anything can happen with the game, have a couple tournaments maybe biweeklies, THEN judge the game?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I'm with bernard when he said brawl isn't even out yet, we're still playing melee, live in the here and now
I didn't mean to say I was going to stop Melee before Brawl's release. I meant to say I'm definitely going to play a LOT more Brawl over Melee once Brawl is released.

Just to clear that up. I'm all for the here and now.

D.B

Smash Ace
Well anyone who just drops melee, that easily is just being an ***... like really, it's such a great game that it deserves a shrine to be put on.

Also for the arguments about the other games...isnt that a matter of opinion?:p

Prez

Smash Apprentice
No one who plays Melee now competitively (i.e, all of us) is going to leave it completely and use Brawl as a replacement. I guarantee it.
Brawl tournaments will be nothing special because you can just hold a tournament over like a week, playing people online. Then post real time results in a thread.
We'll all drive flying cars and speak in moon talk.
This is the future, pretty much.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
No one who plays Melee now competitively (i.e, all of us) is going to leave it completely and use Brawl as a replacement. I guarantee it.
depends what u mean. If u mean leave it competitively then yes I will be doing that for sure and so will many others. I might still the play the game just for kicks against people who want to.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
biweekly 7 results

singles

1: KirbyKaze
2: DeLoRtEd1
3: Raynex
4: Unknown522
5: Europhoria
5: Runawayfire
7: D.B
7: Rekanize
9: IB
9: Lone Wolf
9: Coolhat
9: Chronx
13: Worldjem7
13: Sanuzi
13: Ambrose
13: Boogers
17: Wilkins
17: Peterx
17: Hobo
17: Allen

doubles

1: Team Rayn Ford (Ryan + Bernard)
2: Coxwell 11am (nate + jake)
3: Team Good Driving (mike + ambrose)
4: Team Whoryuken (Cool + LW)
5: Kirbykaze + Wilkins (david + adam)

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm glad to see others agree.

I wanna apologize to a couple people who were advancing really nicely and were probably going to be ranked soon, like Afro Chris and Andrei.

Sorry guys.
*Doesn't read anything else*

What about me? *****!

<3

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Arndrei beat Ambrose and Coolhat. He finished 7th.

Afro_Chris had to leave early so no comment can be made about him.

edit: I'm b1tchy right now. If you were joking, Josh, I apologize.

Sanu

Smash Champion
You're b1tchy? I didn't notice o.o. I spent the last hour reading all of these new posts since the biweekly ended... My popcorn was delicious!

Also: Tribes FTMFW! And there are new games coming out now that are gewd )=. I'm sort of with Bernie with his whole melee stance, but time will tell if Brawl will be amazing or not! I for one... can't wait for a **** leak.

AND... if there is any drama at my house next week, I **** you not, those involved will be kicked out. Thanks.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
I have it... if you want I can come by sometime and drop it off. Or you can come over and pick it up. Or something. What works best for you?
umm come over and drop it off, if u want i'll get some other ppl to come over and we can just play for a bit

about the tourny to bad i had to leave i was having a good falco day!!! falcon was off but my falco was great XP

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Brawl tournaments will be nothing special because you can just hold a tournament over like a week, playing people online. Then post real time results in a thread.
well online play will be REALLY unreliable considering lag could be a MAJOR factor to how a tournament ends. this is why I say it'd be better if we just held them in person because the johns will be flying everywhere about the lag.

You wouldn't come to the bi-weekly, if David still hosted it?
irrelevant.

when melee's done i plan to also be done.

and nobody else hosts. partly by choice and partly by convenience.
well there's your answer, so if David doesnt mind i think I could start hosting bi-weeklies at my place *leaves to think of a clever name that will match smashterbation*

Sanu

Smash Champion
Sanuzi said:
More setups people, we need more setups, PLEASE! PM myself, Adnan, Nate, or Grmo if you plan on bringing one. THE MORE WE HAVE THE BETTER THE TOURNEY WILL BE ;)
Also, if you haven't posted in the Clash of the Sauga thread, PLEASE POST AND CONFIRM THAT YOU'RE COMING! Adnan needs to make pools before the tourney day and your participation would be highly appreciated.

<3 you all.

(Sorry for the devil post)

I.B

Smash Lord
Besides, I think it's going to be pretty awkward switching back and forth between Brawl and Melee.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
D.B said:
Well anyone who just drops melee, that easily is just being an ***... like really, it's such a great game that it deserves a shrine to be put on.
^

Thats seriously all I was trying to say. I just had a much more flame-attracting way of saying it.

You all know I love this freaking game, and I'm just as excited for its release as the rest of you. I'm only making judgements based on what I see and hear about it; and so far - its floaty and has been stupid'ed' for everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was merely stating factual evidence.

Nate: It doesn't have to be super technical again, but it would be nice if there was at least a few ways to seperate nubs from veterans, like lcancelling and such did for melee. Then again, you and the rest of the peeps here are right by telling me not to jump to conclusions.

& NO, I don't need to play someone overly technical to win. Lmao....I'm interested to see what the hell us spacies are going to do to win now that there aren't any really, really gay ways to kill.

Or maybe, there are!?

Cheers to Brawl, yes?

Top Bottom