• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hmm. All I can say is good luck! I tried browsing the forums, but the server timed out. I'll keep trying.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
What time will it be in the States when the magazine is released in Japan?

Sorry for asking this, but I couldn't find it in the mountain of posts in this thread.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Guys, Serebii.net is a really big site. I've followed them since I cared about Pokemon anime, and I still check them when I need info about the game. They apparently have the new issue...so i just asked.

Dear Serebii.net-
First, i'd like to say I love your website. It's basically the only site I used when I need some Pokemon news. I wish the other Nintendo franchises had devoted sites like this one.

I now have a question for you. You mention in your new article that the new issue of CoroCoro had some news about the Japanese codes for some of the legendaries in it. I am looking for other info from the new issue of CoroCoro, and I figured I could ask you since you have the issue.

I heard that in that issue, they included a booklet revealing the complete roster for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Being as though I don't speak Japanese, or live near any bookstore that caries CoroCoro, could you please let me know what the playable characters in Brawl are? Thank you very much!

-(not posting my name)

i'll let you know if they reply
Thank you very much. You are my hero of the day.

Azura

Smash Cadet
What time will it be in the States when the magazine is released in Japan?

About 5 minutes before the entire board crumples under its own weight. ;D

Seriously, if it's struggling now, just wait till the big moment. BAM, INTERNET CONNIPTION.
In actual seriousness, we don't know. Someone may get it early. Someone may start a big rumor before someone gets it early. It really is impossible to give a definitive answer that isn't bound to days rather than hours.

Edit: Oh, you asked for when the magazine is actually released, not when it's unleashed on the internet. Sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention. I don't know.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
RAWR! How many times do I have to say it? They don't HAVE a Brawl section!

Edit: though they DO carewhenever DOJO says something Pokemon related...
But they show the brawl news pertaining to Pokemon

And don't say that! Mewtwo is in!

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible that a condition of Serbeii getting Coro Coro early is that they aren't allowed to reveal any Brawl info?

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I have somewhat good news!

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace

I just finished an AIM convo. with SerebiiJoe (owner of Serebii.net) and I can confirm to you this.

Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed.

Also, there are screenshots of what looks to be an F-Zero stage called "Port Town". I've never played the F-Zero games so I'm not sure of its importance. Also, the stage in the E 4 All video is shown again and revealed to be "Ashley Manor". I take it that's Ashley's house from WarioWare? Joe also said there is also a picture of what looks to be "Fountain of Dreams". I'm assuming that a Past Stage like Temple is.

Finally, another picture is shown with the Star Rod and one with Luigi using his Poultergust 3000. It could be his down B or it could be a new item, Joe said he wasn't sure.

Sorry, that's all the help I can give at the moment but I requested that he scan me the images and I will probably recieve an e-mail within the hour. I know for a fact all of this information is real and you may not believe me but I guarantee on Saturday (or even earlier when i can get the scans up), I will have the last laugh.
Thats nice.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
"Port Town" is Captain Falcon's home city and is featured in several F-Zero games. Supposing that this is actual info (no offense meant, but I'll hold my belief until I see it myself), it's better than what we've got on the Dojo since October. I'll take it gladly if it's true. :/

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

SERIOUSLY!!!
This doesn't sound like BS, is it?

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Capt. Falcon is revealed to be in the game along with Ridley (w00t) and Luigi. Ridley is in his Meta-Ridley form and is shown in one shot with Bowser and Dedede and another shot vs. Samus in which he is holding a Home-Run bat. They are the only 3 "new" characters shown and anyone expecting anything else is going to be disapointed."

You better not be lying.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
if thats the case then if mewtwo was in they would have mentioned it so most like there wont be a full roster
No they wouldnt. Serebii gets CoroCoro early, but is forbidden to reveal info without permission. He knew all the Diamond/Pearl stuff before and didnt say anything, cause he didnt want to get sued.

PrismSub7

Smash Rookie
a 2ch-person posted this (no proof, so take this as a lie till someone takes a scan)

昨日コロコロの話をしたものだが
yesterday corocoro talked about what it is

・キャラ選択画面は載っていない。
character selection screen is not shown

・初期キャラは23人
23 initial characters

気になることはサムスは始めからスーツを脱いだ形態のキャラが使えるのかどうかぐらいだな。
something about samus?

アイテムスイッチでoffにしたら使えないし。
item switch on/off is possible

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice

Sounds believable...no offence, but I'm going to wait till some scans come in before I believe it though.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'll take that info graciously. I'm all about Poltergust and Meta-Ridley. That makes me happy.

Port Town is what makes me wanna believe this. It sounds plausible.

Hejiru

Smash Ace

..........proof?

I would ask Serebii myself, but he nevers answers emails.....

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

something isnt kosher here. not saying i dont believe you, but is that from the regular magazine or the so called "Massive Character Reveal Brawl Booklet that will show all characters".....a few random screens can hardly be called a book.

Black/Light

Smash Master
if thats the case then if mewtwo was in they would have mentioned it so most like there wont be a full roster
I guess there also isn't any Pikachu news featured in the thing either? They don't cater to smash fans, they didn't update the site when CC released new brawl sceens of PT's attacks (revealing that Ivy had a chopper/ windmill attack and that Squirt had some slap attack). The only time they seem to care about brawl is when the actual site updates because their have been PT related news in CC that they didn't care to update.

I would find it funny for them to post a scan and say " Mewtwo is in brawl!. . . . And thats all we care to talk about in the CC booklet".

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
No they wouldnt. Serebii gets CoroCoro early, but is forbidden to reveal info without permission. He knew all the Diamond/Pearl stuff before and didnt say anything, cause he didnt want to get sued.
Then why did the leak stuff early this time? -_-

tirkaro

Smash Champion

(assuming this is true)
meh..... I was expecting more, but it's a lot better than nothing.
I suppose I'm happy to get some new info that DOESN'T suck for once :)

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice

OMG!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!

I LOVE IT!

Luigi+pultergust=MY MAIN!!!!
Port town...sounds intriguing
Ridlye=YAY!!!!
Fountain of Dreams=YAY!!!!

I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

I hope the scans come soon....dying over here

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I guess there also isn't any Pikachu news featured in the thing either? They don't cater to smash fans, they didn't update the site when CC released new brawl sceens of PT's attacks (revealing that Ivy had a chopper/ windmill attack and that Squirt had some slap attack). The only time they seem to care about brawl is when the actual site updates because their have been PT related news in CC that they didn't care to update.

I would find it funny for them to post a scan and say " Mewtwo is in brawl!. . . . And thats all we care to talk about in the CC booklet".
Whoa, where are those PT scans?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
the thing that really makes me worry is the quote from the original scan.

"King Dedede has finally arrived!"

WTF would they be waiting randomly for dedede to reveal 'all characters'? It makes it seem like he is the LAST character that needed revealing.

and WTF is 2ch or whatever?

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
(assuming this is true)
meh..... I was expecting more, but it's a lot better than nothing.
I suppose I'm happy to get some new info that DOESN'T suck for once :)
Lol...that's WAY more than enough to tide me over...just want to see it now.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to believe this, but I'll have to wait until I see proof. Joe of Serebii isn't known for being the nicest guy around . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom