• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesperview

Smash Hero
"DUDE, get it past your thick head! I am not saying/ claiming/ debating in any shape, form or way how "likely" Sora is there for I don't need to state how deserving I see him. IDC really, Im simply saying that the crap your throwing is made up BS."

Dude, read that please. Im not going to debate about how "deserving" Sora is cause guess what? He is a character who meets the things Sakurai is asking for. I would do that for and Nintendo character but this is a whole other d*** thing. . . nothing to go off of but what Sakurai said bout 3rd party characters anf thats a whole land of things we have n clues about.

THAT is what you call argueing just to argue...when theres NOTHING to prove how someone sees something given their statements. Thats like "Samm" saying he will only eat 2-3 sweet things thats bigger than his hand. . . no where near enuff info to debate about which is why I stick with Nintendo only character debate.

Peace Lala land.

And thank you NRC. That is what Im saying!
If you're not debating why the hell do you keep replying? I have already said that that was an opinion, you just keep arguing it as if I said it was a fact, which in reality it is, Sora doesn't mean anything to Nintendo, there are a ton of other characters that do mean something to Nintendo, but that isn't a rule against his inclusion for Brawl, seriously stop this nonsense already, you're not even pro or anti Sora.

CoM is just as critical to the KH series as either of the other games. What delusion is everyone suffering from that makes them think CoM doesn't mean anything to the series? It's canon. I'll give you that it doesn't really have any huge ties to Nintendo itself, but it's just as much a KH game as KH or KH2.
The Kingdom Hearts series could've worked perfectly without Chain Of Memories, the game isn't critical to the series, you even fight the same bosses as in the PS2 Kingdom Hearts, the card system sucks and it's the worst of the series, that's why it doesn't mean anything.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The Kingdom Hearts series could've worked perfectly without Chain Of Memories, the game isn't critical to the series, you even fight the same bosses as in the PS2 Kingdom Hearts, the card system sucks and it's the worst of the series, that's why it doesn't mean anything.
The KH series could have worked withouth KH:Com.

Of course, they would have to included 5 more Disney Worlds so the Org. XIII members who would have died in Com can have be part of the plot and NOT be throw away characters which would probably delayed the game even LONGER. lol

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
So? It was still a Nintendo exclusive which you claimed never existed.
No.... It was Metal Gear Solid 1.
I said a Nintendo Exclusive was Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge, but this is getting off topic.
Sonic Olympics is another case to prove my point, the game doesn't have to be anything great, it just has to be exclusive.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Hello? This thing on?
Sakuri is all about the unexpected, so he has a chance
BARFICSNITSLE

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
From a business point of veiw, I agree, and personally, I think it is likely, however unexpected it may be.

But maybe we should have an intelegent conversation instead of making sarcastic posts of "Sora should have teh p0wnzor beam" and have a good debate.

Personally, I don't really like Sora the character, but I like the theme of the KH games, and with them having a very large fanbase, Sora might make it.

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
I think people forget that much like Geno in Square/Nintendo, Sora is property of Square, but also property of DISNEY.

Disney is not likely to have a representative in Brawl, no matter how much Eisner would love the opportunity. If Square has a character in Brawl, it will not be of Kingdom Hearts fame.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think people forget that much like Geno in Square/Nintendo, Sora is property of Square, but also property of DISNEY.

Disney is not likely to have a representative in Brawl, no matter how much Eisner would love the opportunity. If Square has a character in Brawl, it will not be of Kingdom Hearts fame.
I hate how people think that that is an argument against him, Square can use Sora outside of a Kingdom Hearts context, while Disney can't, same way Nintendo can use Geno outside of Mario context, while Square can't, is the same thing, he was on the poll, Sakurai certainly doesn't think it's too unlikely does he?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I'd like everyone to know I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan.

And if Sora gets in Brawl, I will rip out my eyes in frustration.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
My point I brought up in the last Sora for brawl thread: Jon Dowd.

Short summary: Barry Bonds has a bad relationship with the MLBPA. As such, in any baseball video game, since he's not a part of the player's union, he doesn't appear. Since it would leave a big gaping hole to just take Barry Bonds out of the game, they create a fictitious player with the same characteristics and talents of Bonds. In MVP Baseball 2005, which appeared on the gamecube, Jon Dowd was this stand-in.

The main point Jon Dowd brings up is that the "requirements" (originated in video games, on a nintendo console), do not grant a "chance". Despite meeting both of the criteria, Jon Dowd will never be in Brawl. He's not exactly minor; he's barry bonds. But he stands in for a real life player in an unimportant game for nintendo. I don't think anyone would agree with me if I said "Jon Dowd for brawl".

As such, just because Sora meets these requirements, doesn't mean he fits for brawl! Those requirements are rather "debunkers". If you don't meet the criteria, you certainly won't be in. But even if you do meet the criteria, like Jon Dowd, you can stillcertainly not be in. Those criteria aren't the end-all of criteria.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Hi me again
aparently KH is coming out with a KH game for the DS, true it revolves around roxas, but I digress. Sakuri used Roy for advertising, so who knows, plus square and nintendo are palls, so that can't hurt.
BARFICSINTLE

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
My answer is two words: No.

Well, Sora conviently bypasses the "Must have appeared on a Nintendo-console"-rule by having appeared in "Chain of Memories". But, no.
Dont forget the new game coming up for DS.

Anyone else notice the Person on the music page that did music for Kingdom Hearts? :p

Sora for Brawl! woo!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Anyone else notice the Person on the music page that did music for Kingdom Hearts? :p
Good grief, you're so dumb. Just because the musician also worked produced music for the KH series DOES NOT mean that Sora is getting in.

By that logic, NiGHTS also has a chance of being playable.

Idiot!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yes. I don't mind people trying to make connections.

But the musician theory has already been proven false too many times. >_>
I agree...I mean just because we also have somone who does music for the beatmania IIDX series helping with the music for this game does not mean we're going to get the DJ characters from beatmania IIDX

Black/Light

Smash Master
If you're not debating why the hell do you keep replying? I have already said that that was an opinion, you just keep arguing it as if I said it was a fact, which in reality it is, Sora doesn't mean anything to Nintendo, there are a ton of other characters that do mean something to Nintendo, but that isn't a rule against his inclusion for Brawl, seriously stop this nonsense already, you're not even pro or anti Sora.
I kept replying because you where saying "Sora doesn't "deserve" to be in Brawl" which you where claiming to be fact when it's your opinion. . . . JUST because you realized/ stated it's a opinion now doesn't fix the fact that you claimed it as a fact before:ohwell:

And Im sure Smake means nothing to Nintendo either so NCR is right. . . You also don't know where I stand on Sora:ohwell:

Peace.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I kept replying because you where saying "Sora doesn't "deserve" to be in Brawl" which you where claiming to be fact when it's your opinion. . . . JUST because you realized/ stated it's a opinion now doesn't fix the fact that you claimed it as a fact before:ohwell:

And Im sure Smake means nothing to Nintendo either so NCR is right. . . You also don't know where I stand on Sora:ohwell:

Peace.
Oh God you take things way too seriously... OMG! What I said in UNFIXABLE!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

and I never claimed it as a fact just as a highly regarded opinion, which in the end, is almost a fact.

So unless you have something intelligent to say about the matter then reply, cause you're just here trying to dispel something you are certainly not capable of dispelling.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh God you take **** way too seriously... OMG! What I said in UNFIXABLE!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [/sarcasm]
. . . Ummm, I was explaining WHHHHYYYYY I was replying to you. Not like you stated that as your opinion ANYTIME before that one post. . . .had you done so this whole thing wouldn't have happened. (Im guessing you realized that thats the only way to seem the lest bit logical at this point)

And I "take **** way too seriously". . . Im not the one seeing made up video game characters as "deserving" of being in a game with other made up characters:ohwell:

and I never claimed it as a fact just as a highly regarded opinion, which in the end, is almost a fact.

So unless you have something intelligent to say about the matter then reply, cause you're just here trying to dispel something you are certainly not capable of dispelling.
You actal did state it as fact and no, alot of people saying something doesn't "almost make it fact". Nothing can be a "almost fact".

And Im trying to "dispel" something? How, by saying your claim is opinion?

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
IMO, Sora, while I attempted to smack him down eariler, theres supposed to be a KH3 right? for the Wii, or is that just old news, or a hoax, I'm not really a fan of Disney making an attempt on videogames, I was planning on buying it, then I rented Spectrobes, and gave up on Disney's ability to make games. anyway, if there is a new game, which I'm not doubting, since Disney can just leave it's best selling game series at 2, it's like Shrek, the more games/movies, the more hype. Disney hypes their best series to hell and back. Why not stick him in a fighting game that us supposed to be one of if not the best selling game of all wii's history, though I have no doubt Call of Duty 4, and Rock Band have a good chance of outselling or tying with Brawl

vesperview

Smash Hero
. . . Ummm, I was explaining WHHHHYYYYY I was replying to you. Not like you stated that as your opinion ANYTIME before that one post. . . .had you done so this whole thing wouldn't have happened. (Im guessing you realized that thats the only way to seem the lest bit logical at this point)

And I "take **** way too seriously". . . Im not the one seeing made up video game characters as "deserving" of being in a game with other made up characters:ohwell:
You certainly take it more seriously than I do and it is a fact that Sora is not important to Nintendo, I NEVER said as a FACT that that could keep him from being in Brawl, so please.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The thing you keep missing is that Black/Light isn't trying to argue Sora's chances with you. I'm sure he doesn't want to "prove" Sora's chances to you because I think we can all agree that his chances are nowhere near stellar. Black/Light's whole point (from what I can tell as an observer) seems to be that Sora's got a chance in. You agree. So there's no reason to argue. You keep hounding him for reasons on why Sora "deserves" to be in, when he was never arguing it in the first place.

In addition, to be completely fair, what he's saying is true. The junk about relevance to Nintendo and deservedness is all fan-made BS. Yes, it DOES make sense. What you're saying is perfectly logical. But it's not an explicitly stated rule. Sakurai never said a character needed to be heavily related to Nintendo, it just doesn't help Sora's odds that he's not.

I think we can all agree that Sora has a chance in, but his chances are dim. No need to argue over things we all agree on.
Lets stop this restarted posting. This ties everything together in a nice bow. 3rd party characters relationships to nintendo was never a point pointed out by Sakurai and "deserveness" is just some fan-boy made up BS so if you REALLY don't think it effects him getting in than it should have never been a point of yours.
(Hell, IMO anyone shouting about how much made up characters not owned by Nintendo "deserve" to get in take this game way to seriously. Really, there are 3rd party series that may be important to Nintendo but other than Sonic theres no 3rd party characters that are superly important to nintendo. )
There, this is done.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You just can't read my posts, can you?

I CLEARLY said that didn't decrease or upped his chances, now stop acting like you're a know it all and call this thing off, you're not proving a thing as usual just arguing how Sakurai never said this or never said that, while he never said importance to the company meant something, he never said it didn't, so it can go either way, I never said that made him ineligible so stop replying on how you're proving me wrong cause none of us are.

If you think what I'm saying isn't fact, then prove me wrong on how Sora is important to Nintendo, because that's the only fact I'm claiming.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I posted this in a recent pro-Sora thread I locked: "uh... my thread was linked in the character support thread index? Thats why people keep posting in it. I never figured it'd become the "official" Sora in Brawl thread, especially because I think he won't be in the game."

So, given that this is apparently the "official" Sora in Brawl thread, I'd like someone to come up with a suitable first post including pictures, background story, and moveset, which I will add to the first post, and give you full credit.

EDIT: Someone just make a new Official Sora for Brawl thread.

Florida

イーグランツ
I can easily change that SP.
I didn't mean to make this thread the official Sora support thread. I must've made a mistake.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Good stuff, thanks. Hopefully someone makes a new "Official Sora for Brawl" thread soon.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Hi me again
aparently KH is coming out with a KH game for the DS, true it revolves around roxas, but I digress. Sakuri used Roy for advertising, so who knows, plus square and nintendo are palls, so that can't hurt.
BARFICSINTLE
O_O

ROXAS FOR BRAWL!

I can see it now. Oblivion and Oathkeeper, in the Organization XIII coat...he'd be TOP TIER!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
BUT HE WASN'T ON SAKURAI'S POLL'S , AND JOURNALS , AND MOAR POLL'S.
JK , Anyhow it has to do with buisness affairs (Don't they have to switch off with disney also ?) And the fact that Third party slot's a very limited , He was in the journals and on the poll if i can remember correctly :/ So that does help him :p.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
IGN just covered this as well on their "Smash it Up" series.
I think that Sora would be great idea for a character as he would definitely begin to help relations between the two companies.
Does Sakurai have any friends within Square Enix? Not professional, I mean personal. This could be very similar to the Solid Snake entry.

EDIT: Roxas MUST be an alt costume if Sora is in.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I <3 Pandas.

Sora for brawl is awesome. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that a square enix character will take a third party slots. and saying as most final fantasy characters never make an apperance (or star) in one or more games (I said most. Cloud is an exception)

Final Fantasy dosent have one real lead character.

It'd be really hard to decide on who to give the spot. and all the new games havent shown up on a Nintendo Console.

Kingdom Hearts CoM was a great selling Gameboy game, Kid freindly, Emo Freindly, Widely popular. and it had sora in it. and im like. the biggest sora in Brawl Suporter ever.

I think Sora has a huge chance. he -was- on Sakurai's poll.

In fact now im starting to think micky mouse would have a bigger chance to get on SSBB rather than Sora.
Why? Because Disney has probably had much more games on nintendo consoles than than squaresoft/enix.
but they didnt do very well compared to final fantasy
there was one good game where you had control of donald and micky.
Imagine that Micky versus Mario.
Disney would -NEVER-

Fork over M.M. -EVER-

626key

Smash Journeyman
Sora beats FF because both disney and square like nintendo, and he beats micky because he was video game invented

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sora beats FF because both disney and square like nintendo, and he beats micky because he was video game invented
And because Disney will never let their trademark, and most recognizeable character be in Brawl. in a form that they didnt think up on their own at that.

Sora > Mickey. For prettymuch anything. except the black cloak thing. Sora shoulda gotten a black cloak

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how character's "appearances" make them any more likely, as much as I would love to see Sora on Brawl. I'mean, Pit's been redesigned to look cool, so Sakurai could take ANY retro character and make them look "hip". Not just a modern Sora.

And Famitsu giving FF12 a "perfect 40" was either a fluke or Square paid them to rate it good; that game was pure suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom