• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I need help with beating Falcon I always get comboed rped and die at such low percent with the knee I can edgeguard easy as can anyone against Falcon haha. I just get rocked though with grab combos and such. So if you could help with DI strategies anything.

And against Marth I have a hard to with him f throw chain grab to f smash. I talked to Wife about this and he doesn't understand how it's happening. Because I DI away but that just gets me tipped and DI toward just gets the combo on just not tipped up DI doesn't do anything as well. So if you could help me out with this as well that would be nice.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Louis (pronounce loo-wee) G.

It's the old school way of writing his name.

>_> ..on GameFAQs anyway.

Well, that's a pretty interesting way to hold your controller.

Super fast nairs are just fun. They come out ridiculously fast and you're back on the ground practically the next frame (well, you know what I mean). You can do them out of your shield, even better, and if it misses you're already back on the ground and ready to react to whatever. I don't think the whole "Peach pillar" is super practical considering how easy it is to just.. roll out, or possibly even shield grab after the 2nd jab.

Haha, moogle is the man. I'm glad I finally met him at FC (though, I'm very sad I never played him...) Yeah he still occasionally helps me (atleast, I ask him when I have dumb math questions LOL) Tell him I said hi, or something.
the whole point of pillaring is switch up, of course you can roll away, or even sheild grab sometimes. But there are alot of attacks we use that run that risk =)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
why do u get paranoid? i assumed u would prefer someone in ur face since u say u like using upsmash.
I dont react so fast so I tend to wave dashback to get space when they try to attack. And I only strike for my Upsmash game when they are in the air or on the edge ( since at times people jump from the edge, but its risky)

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
only cort is allowed to answer questions here? cause i see quite alot of good peach players posting, maybe one of u can answer me questions?

Cort

Apple Head
ok i have been playing for about a month now mainly sheik. but i like peach more, so i started playing her. 1)well i dsmash alot is that bad? should i try to do it less? i don't really get punished for it.
2)doing moves while floating, i hear its better to use the c stick for aerials while floating. do peach players that do this hold the controller differently to make it easier?
dsmashing for no reason is bad, but if it works, then go for it? Obviously if you're being punished, you might want to rethink your strategy.

di questions...

what way should you NOT di so your getting wd grab by marth all the way to the edge and f-smash. i thought it was to marth at mid to low and away at higher... but i could be wrong.

also any experiences with icies?? there gay. peach demolishes them as long as the d-smash hits nana even once but i just got questions on if they do get lucky and get a grab.

wtf are u suppose to do? in the case of you know their gonna just down throw d-smash or.....
the other "chain grab" iono where they hit you... your free for a split second and regrab you again. thanks.

btw i think there should be some crazy doubles peach vid asap. you and xif vs mike g and ryoko lmaoo... or something like that... MAKE IT HAPPEN CORT!!! :laugh:

and wait you can float cancel n-air out of shield.... hmmm thatso ne of the instances when i just shorthop.
At low %s Marths fthrow is an auto combo on Peach, I believe. She can't DI any way to escape fsmash or another regrab until slightly lower-mid %s, where you can DI down and away and escape tippers/regrabs.

I went over a fairly good strategy and things to look out for in this topic concerning the ICs.

Also, that Peach orgy would be great. Too bad MikeG probably isn't going to VLS, or else it could happen.

I need help with beating Falcon I always get comboed rped and die at such low percent with the knee I can edgeguard easy as can anyone against Falcon haha. I just get rocked though with grab combos and such. So if you could help with DI strategies anything.

And against Marth I have a hard to with him f throw chain grab to f smash. I talked to Wife about this and he doesn't understand how it's happening. Because I DI away but that just gets me tipped and DI toward just gets the combo on just not tipped up DI doesn't do anything as well. So if you could help me out with this as well that would be nice.
I went over some Falcon strategies already. Your 2nd question I just answered cause someone else asked the same thing.

the whole point of pillaring is switch up, of course you can roll away, or even sheild grab sometimes. But there are alot of attacks we use that run that risk =)
Ofcourse, but I don't think it's a "pillar" at all. Agianst people not familiar against it, yeah maybe. But otherwise it's a pathetic "pillar". I don't bother doing it more than twice.

only cort is allowed to answer questions here? cause i see quite alot of good peach players posting, maybe one of u can answer me questions?
Anyone can answer questions if they feel they can provide a good answer.

How do I edgeguard Sheik when I'm above 100%?
You can get up early, since even if they try to sweet spot the ledge you'll still probably be in the "getting up" animation.

You can also just jump from the ledge and fastfall to the other side of Sheik, and strong nair her back out.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Not really a question but more of a request, and one not involving peach in the slightest (sue me): can you make a vid of Falcon moonwalking and DDing on the turtle on Great Bay, set to the Benny Hill music?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
^Done.

Also Cort, I started playing Peach, that's why I asked. I used her last tournament, but I don't even know half the match ups yet, I just spam dtilts and uairs and ****. I'm also gonna try to come to the next CT tourney in november with pkmvodka, bam, vwins.

Cort

Apple Head
That's great, we haven't played in over a year. I'm looking forward to playing all of you guys.

VLS is going to be amazing.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
chesterr at VLS?

gamefaqs fo life.

btw

you said you dont do the pillar more than twice

yes... exactly.

just so you know, I never gave it that name, nor do I even like to use that name. I just like saying nair to w/e.

BTW cort.

my post count will reach yours one day.

Cort

Apple Head
lol, yeah. Whoever named it the pillar is a moron. I suggest we all boycott that name.

Of course your post count will reach my current one, eventually. But you'll never catch up. I guarantee it.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
hey peach players --2_$!*(

i have a problem with peach. i dont really know any good movement techniques with peach to do a proper approach towards a person, or to defend myself. her wavedash is a short length, and floating away is too slow. i've also tried DDing and it sort of works, but its also short. help?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

i have a problem with peach. i dont really know any good movement techniques with peach to do a proper approach towards a person, or to defend myself. her wavedash is a short length, and floating away is too slow. i've also tried DDing and it sort of works, but its also short. help?

Basic Peach combo, turnip to FC Fair. You can also FC to N-air after you throw it. Or mindgame the person and land and grab them quickly.

If they block your F-air, if you spaced it well, you can abuse the shield stun and grab them. here is a list of what you can do sir:

FC > Fair

FC > Nair

FC > Dair > Nair.

FC > Dair > Uair.

FC > Dair >Fair. Its hard to pull off you have to time it

If they shield:

FC >Nair > Dsmash

FC > Dair > Dsmash

FC > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Dsmash (eats I belive half of thier shield if they block it all. the Downsmash might hit though.)

You can also jab to a grab or jab to a Dsmash after these FC combos. You can do have of the combo and Jab to grab or Dsmash. Mix it up to keep your enemy guess.

This is to cover things to do with FC. the rest...um.................cort?

Cort

Apple Head
Don't use the m-word =)

It sounds like you just need some more practice and experience playing Peach in general. Dark.Pch painstakingly mentioned just about every decent approach (some are odd o_O) but it's good to start you off.

Practice, see what works for you, and work off that.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
chesterr at VLS?

gamefaqs fo life.

btw

you said you dont do the pillar more than twice

yes... exactly.

just so you know, I never gave it that name, nor do I even like to use that name. I just like saying nair to w/e.
....me and Mog wanted to name it 'The Condom Buster' >>

So anyway, why do you think Link, Luigi, and DK is underrated?

Cort

Apple Head
Oh, woops. I don't know, it's pretty obvious isn't it? They completely dominate low tier tournaments. They're distinctly better than everyone else in that horrible tier.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
M-word is just a lazy term that tell you nothing, seriously i hate that word too. If you say mix ups, baits, fakes maybe you get more to the point....

Anyways I don't have any question for you Cort but let me try just to stay on topic o_O'...

Do you think we, peach players, will have our revenge (hmm top tier like Gimpy says in his expected tier list?) in brawl to pwn those annoying foxes and marth? :D I can't stand getting pwned by an average fox or marth considering myself beign better that him and with a more solid game and experience... Can't wait for SSBB.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh, woops. I don't know, it's pretty obvious isn't it? They completely dominate low tier tournaments. They're distinctly better than everyone else in that horrible tier.
Yeah, it does. Out of all, Luigi should definitly be out of low tier. He ***** too well lol

So, are you and Xif rivals or something? Just curious because of the way ya respond to each other.

Cort

Apple Head
M-word is just a lazy term that tell you nothing, seriously i hate that word too. If you say mix ups, baits, fakes maybe you get more to the point....

Anyways I don't have any question for you Cort but let me try just to stay on topic o_O'...

Do you think we, peach players, will have our revenge (hmm top tier like Gimpy says in his expected tier list?) in brawl to pwn those annoying foxes and marth? :D I can't stand getting pwned by an average fox or marth considering myself beign better that him and with a more solid game and experience... Can't wait for SSBB.
Hopefully it'll be fun. If Peach is actually really good still, even better. It seems characters are overall somewhat more rounded out and balanced, so it should all be good.

Yeah, it does. Out of all, Luigi should definitly be out of low tier. He ***** too well lol

So, are you and Xif rivals or something? Just curious because of the way ya respond to each other.
Usually you're rivals with people around the same skill level as you.

So no.

Cort

Apple Head
Pawned by technicality. Also it would just clunk you in the bag of the head and you'd probably die.

And I would probably be a little sad.

Cort

Apple Head
peach's get-up-attack from the ledge can be so useful in the right situation since it comes out so fast and knocks them over

oh sorry that wasn't a question

cort do you question my authority?
Not for anything smash related.

You're a noob at life though.

Top Bottom