• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Nope sorry never has been...

And guys whens the new thread coming anyway?
wasnt the new thread planned if this thread ever got closed? we could just ask Ryu777 to close this thread so we can make the new one...

PNDE: saying "im tired" is a kind of stupid thing to say when bash at something like that, no offense. at least u take back the statement...

Aniki is awesome with Link, so is his Ylink too XD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
From what I heard, it's number four, with the DK series bein number three.
No, DK was #2, until Pokémon in 2002 or something. Zelda's been #1 since Minish Cap, in 2005.

Well, TLoZ will always be number...uh...two for me. (I was gonna say number one, but I remembered Melee and Brawl and SSB64.)

Has anyone ever heard of SSB64 being rereleased on GC? My friend claims to have it and he's gonna let me borrow it. In theory...
And it's called ripping it to a cd or something. I doubt your friend is telling the truth, though SSB64 is on the Virtual Console on the Wii, which means the only controller we need for ALL THREE smashes is the Gamecube Controller. Thnakfully.

youtube "aniki"
He's probably one of the best 5 smashers in the world. Given, he's the only one of the top 4 best players in the world to NOT MAIN A High/Top tier character, but rather a low tier one. Now that's skill, though Captain Jack 2nds a low tier character, and ChuDat secondaries a bottom tier character. All three got mad skills, indefinitely.

And woaw, PNDE took back his statements, and apologized. That takes balls, and I think I like you already...that is if you support Wind Waker Link for Brawl. ;) :chuckle: :cool:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
A bit late but...

And Burning Lava, don't compare WW Link to a second Pokemon Trainer. It's completely different. I don't need to define the reasons why, but you'd have a better shot at comparing water to dry ice.
I don't know what you're talking about... I don't think I said anything about Pokemon Trainer. Maybe you read it in the part I quoted from someone else. If you need to re-read my comment, it was page 30 I believe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ohohohoho, look who that is on the trophy screen? Tingle, Wind Waker style. Hmmm hmmm, does this mean Wind Waker Link after all? X) I sure hope so!
The only thing it proves is that tingle's chances have just decreased quite a bit

hahaha on my birthday it shows the trophies in Brawl XD but whats this? at the end it shows Tingle...CS style! the one from WW! is Yukiwarashi right? (whoo hoo someone else noticed!) I sure hope so!
also, Psycho: he didnt say Tingle proving anything, he meant, im sure, that it raises our hopes for CS Link in Brawl XD too bad for the Tingle fanboys...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ooooh, I didn't even look at it that way yet!
Yep, it sure means Wind Waker is getting a bit of recognition here...

And hands up anyone who thought Tingle and his cell-shadedness looked out-of-place in that screenshot!

No one?

Good.

EDIT:
So, everyone. How about we get that new thread project started today?
I'll be leaving for a while soon, but when I return, I should be able to come up with an improved version of my previous "Luigified B moves, new A moves" moveset.
What else do we need?

Who wants the duty of posting a "completely new" moveset? Anyone?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How do you know thats not Tingle's classic mode trophey!? XD

Anyway show that to anyone who says "WW Link will look out of place"

Stryks

Smash Hero
Some random fanboy said:
According to my theory they will only rep TP since its more realistic like the rest of the characters do, so WW, being cel-shaded wont have WW link or any rep at all

*Points at cel-shaded tingle*

PWNED

how do you like sakurai final smash, the back hand slap NOW Sandman?!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
My thoughts on his moves are....

Neutral B - Hurricane Spin, can be charged, when used you can steer it left and right, if fully charged the affected radius will become bigger however, when finished link falls over.

Side B - Grappling Hook (not hookshot), link throws his trusty grappling hook out, can pull enemies closer, steal/pickup items, and grab ledges viz the tether recovery.

Up B - Gust Jar, link holds it above himself and gets sucked upwards. Characters in the way can get jammed into it. will stop link's ascent briefly.

Down B - Parry, does a quick side step, if he avoids a foe's move he will roll behind them and do a horizontal slice. If avoiding a grab will roll behind them and grab. If used in air and avoids an attack, will dodge into the background reappear behind the foe and swing his sword downwards, can be a spike

Final Smash idea, windwaker song of the winds. you can use the control stick to throw all the characters into things, like, slamming them into the ground and stuff.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then again, they have trophies of characters that aren't in Smash or even repped. Cel-Shaded Tingle may mean only they recognize WW as a series.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, I didn't even look at it that way yet!
Yep, it sure means Wind Waker is getting a bit of recognition here...

And hands up anyone who thought Tingle and his cell-shadedness looked out-of-place in that screenshot!

No one?

Good.
First, I totally get what you're saying, so that's cool. I just personally kinda of WANT him (WW Link) to look "out of place." Because while it might look out of place for some, to me it would look really cool and unique. I'm sure you would agree, I'm just wording things a bit differently.

Man, if both Megaman AND WW Link make it into Brawl...

Too awesome for words!

(Then of course Sonic, Chibi-Robo, and C. Olimar on top of that would probably finish me off, giving me a massive heart attack of emotion!)

Pikapi30

Smash Rookie
Alternate moves he should have

I have played WW, so I know tons of Link's items. One of his moves should be the Tingle Tuner, which calls Tingle. Tingle will do random stuff, like dropping bombs on everyone, give WW Link health (less damage) or letting him hover inthe air. Another move should be the grappling hook (or claw?). This should be a throw/tether recovery item. He should also have a bottledfairy, which is used like the Wario Waft. The longer you don't use the fairy, the more damage you recover. That's all themoves I have so far.

P.S. Ridley, WW Link, and Sonic for BRAWL!!!!:laugh::)

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Final Smash:

When Young Link (I hope that's his name :( I don't want WW Link really but...)grabs a Smash Ball he gains giant power and unleashes a 7 second Hurricane Spin. You control this spin up and down the Battlefield with you being able to JUMP.

After the 7 seconds are over you are completely immbolized for 3 seconds. You can be hit but not grabbed and not moved. After the 3 seconds are over the next 3 seconds your moves are slightly increased in power.

Good idea or bad? I just made this up as I went along. o_O

Fawriel

Smash Master
I picked up my old moveset and changed much of it.

What primarily sets apart Twilight Princess Link and Wind Waker Link is that the former is serious, laid-back and cool, while our hero is... bouncy!
That's to be kept in mind for his A moves!

A-moves:

Neutral
A, A, AAA...:
Slashy! - Link slashes horizontally quickly, then back again, then goes into a furious, Marth-like infinite. The swipes keep getting weaker, while the first is actually relatively strong.

Dash:
Bowling - Link rolls... but without invincibility frames. Instead, he knocks anyone he hits off their feet! Nice for surprise attacks.

Tilts
Forward:
Stab - A stab forward, good range horizontally but none vertically. Nothing special in terms of strength. If you keep pressing A, it can be followed by up to two more stabs in quick succession. It can also lead into the following attack.

Up:
Uppercut - One of his combo finishers from the game, this is pretty much a stab upwards. It will usually send opponents straight up with decent strength, but can also knock them straight forward if they are hit at the right spot.

Down:
Watch your feet! - Link slashes his sword along the ground with the tip grinding across the ground hard! Nice and very horizontal knockback, and there's a hitbox below ground-level at the tip that meteors for edgeguarding purposes.

Aerials:

( His aerials are all pretty good and come out fast, but they last relatively long so he can't chain too many into another. )

Neutral:
Cannonball! - He copies Pikachu and curls up into a spinning ball. Not too shabby and has a small disjointed hitbox around him due to keeping his sword stretched out a bit.

Forward:
Flipslash - Slash forward with a full-body flip. Shuffling will look so funky it's amazing.

Back:
Spin Attack - I think this counts as one of his parry attacks. It has similar properties to old Link's grounded Spin Attack, but less strength.

Down:
Swordplant - Same as Young Link's in Melee. Hey, he used it to defeat Ganondorf!
Also, it looks like old Link's dair might not pogo anymore. So maybe WW Link can keep that!

Up:
Helm Splitter - I think that's what it's called in TP?
Link brings his sword up in the air and slashes downwards in front of himself in a half-circle. Thus, it hits above him, in front of him and down. As the trajectory of the knockback depends on the point at which the enemy's hit, it can be used to semi-spike!

Smashes!

Forward:
Jumpslash - Can't be missing in action again. You know the deal. Pretty good knockback, but relatively long start-up. It's good for surprises, though, he jumps forward quite a deal!

Up:
Battle in the Sky - Link makes a tiny hop. He squats. He then propels himself upwards ( aka jumping ) with his sword stretched out, taking with him whoever's hit by it. He does a flip in the air, briefly pulls back his sword and uses the momentum of the jump to slash upwards with power, pulls it back again and slashes once more horizontally.
The first phase pulls enemies in, the second finishes them off vertically and the third hits anyone who managed not to be hit by the second hit into the horizontal KO zones.
Good for star KOs, combos, mindgame-y unexpected KOs and for looking extremely flashy. :p
Bit of start-up time and cool-down time, though.

Down:
Gouge - Another smash with several phases.
1. Little hop forward, ramming the sword forward and down a bit so the tip sticks into the ground. Horizontal, decent knockback, a fast finisher but with little range since half the sword's inside the ground.
2. Gouge. He uses all his power to get the sword out again, but he doesn't pull it out, he pushes it upwards, so as the sword suddenly pops out of the ground a few frames later, it gets thrust upwards in an arc. Decent upwards knockback.
3. Flip. He flips backwards in the air. This does a bit of damage and knockback.
4. Land. Anyone who's still standing in the way is knocked back with little damage as Link lands and comes to a screeching halt.
All of this together lasts more briefly than it sounds. It's a pretty cool attack and really shows how bouncy he is.

or:
Spin Attack -
It's a spin attack...! It hits pretty low and is overall similar to Link's grounded Spin Attack. Charging it up will also increase its range!

B-moves:

I stand by my claim that Young Link's melee B moves are superawesome and don't have to be changed since they are pretty much the most recognizable items of the whole series. They work a little differently in many Zelda games, so you'll have to work with that.

Neutral:
Arrows - Link takes an arrow, puts it into his bow, charges up for a short time. Woopdeedoo.
However, as soon as it's done charging, you may press up for fire or down for ice before you let go.
Normal, fully charged: Okay damage, sends upwards at a slight angle for combos and stuff.
Fire, fully charged: Okay damage, accompanied by an explosion of fire, can KO at around 120% with strong, diagonal knockback.
Ice, fully charged: Good damage, accompanied by an explosion of ice, sends enemy up some and causes them to tumble.

Forward/Smash/Over/Whathaveyou:
Boomerang - Wind Waker introduced multi-hit boomerangs. As such, his Boomerang does just that: It doesn't have a strong, point-blank hit and otherwise really weak ones, but the damage stays consistent and it is not held up by enemies, but will keep going. Chances are they'll be hit more than once! The damage is nothing to write home about, but it always pops them up a little for combos.

Down:
Bombs - Similar to what they used to be like, but it now has one initial blow that deals damage to whomever is caught in it. It then causes one of the characteristic cartoony smoke clouds to appear, which keeps enemies stunned but does not affect Link! This makes them even better than its Melee counterpart!

Up on the ground:
Spin-attack - I know, I said this might make a good up- or down-smash, but it would be missed as a recovery.
This spin-attack works just like Link's except weaker. On the ground at least. The good thing is that it still retains the same knockback abilities when used in the air, like Link's in SSB64. Awesome!

Up in the air:
Deku Leaf - Let's imagine for now that alternate B moves exist. Done? Okay!
The Deku Leaf works much like Peach's Parasol, but is slower and does no damage. On the bright side, using it doesn't make Link go into tumbling mode! Hah!

Grab and Throws:

Grab - Grappling hook: It works essentially the same as the hookshot. The difference is that it can be used in the air, but has a longer range, yet can only grab the ledge, not a wall.

Up-throw:
Heaves his opponent up above his head, then jumps at the same time as he quickly jerks them downwards, effectively headbutting his enemy.

Forward-throw:
He reaches for his sword on his back... lets his victim go for a split-second, then smashes them away using his sheathed sword as a bat. Bam!

Down-throw:
He jerks his victim down so they are forced down as he jumps, he miraculously puts on his iron boots in a manner of seconds ( how DOES he do it! ), then... I don't have to explain the rest.
No knockback at all, so you'll have to tech-chase. But the damage is... ouch.

Back-throw:
What was that about damage?
For this mean throw, Link tosses his enemy right behind himself. So far, so good.
Then he takes out his Skull Hammer and whirls around with it, slamming the poor victim diagonally up.
Damage is quite good, the knockback is high, but it's set, so it doesn't actually increase with more knockback.
Also, Link goes on spinning a few more times and... has to sit down for a second after using it. Whew.

Taunt!

Link yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwns, stretches and looks groggily in front of him. All this jumping around is so tiiiring.
Longest and most humiliating taunt FTW! :grin:

-Final Smash-

I'm stealing this idea from someone. I forgot who they were, but they're superawesome and deserve credit for this. Kay!

Link takes out his Wind Waker
( that sounds kinda wrong actually )
and whips up a huge tornado around him.
Everyone caught in it suffers no damage, but as soon as they're released, their weight is reduced by half!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but that is against my ethical values. Someone else will have to do the "totally unique and stuff"-moveset for the new thread.

i dunno i think i called the moveset making of my own and then taking the ideas people had of it and posting it (and then if some people feel left out, they can post it in the new thread so we can front page it XD)
im usually gone now coz of school....but w/e. at least i get to have some free time on Fridays and days like this. i see people posting some movesets...awesome! keep it up! if the new thread is made we might put it up (we as in Fawriel, Legolostom, me and a few others maybe)
oh yea n i might not be around much coz my new excuse is "i was playing Halo 3 coz itz so bad a**!" hahaha it awesome...still cant wait for Brawl tho

CS Link for Brawl

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
has anyone gone and bought phantom hourglass? it came out in the US today i think (Australia doesn't get it for a couple more weeks).
Actually it comes out here Oct. 1st, and you can count on me getting it this Monday! (Or as soon after as possible.)

What primarily sets apart Twilight Princess Link and Wind Waker Link is that the former is serious, laid-back and cool, while our hero is... bouncy!
That's to be kept in mind for his A moves!

Link yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwns, stretches and looks groggily in front of him. All this jumping around is so tiiiring.
Longest and most humiliating taunt FTW! :grin:
Hah, that's a perfect way to describe him, (bouncy) and that's how I imagine him fighting; with his jumpy, slashy little combos... hopefully making musical cues along the way! Plus that's a great taunt... now I'll probably be disappointed when/if that isn't how it is!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
He needs his Deku Leaf and Skull Hammer!

He could even use his Wind Waker!

EDIT:

@Farwriel:

That basically makes him a Link clone, WW Link is completely different.

His Deku Leaf could be his B-Down, it negates projectiles and blow characters back a little bit. (Like the FLUDD) Also, can be used in the air to float back slowly.

His B-Side Skull Hammer

His B could have a 40% chance of normal arrows, 25% chance of Fire and Ice, and 10% of Light.

His Up-B could be anything, even his Wind Waker which would cause his to spin in a small tornado.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Actually it comes out here Oct. 1st, and you can count on me getting it this Monday! (Or as soon after as possible.)

I'm waiting to get that for my birthday (November seventh) or Christmas (December 25th) or Hanukah (starts December fifth).

Hah, that's a perfect way to describe him, (bouncy) and that's how I imagine him fighting; with his jumpy, slashy little combos... hopefully making musical cues along the way! Plus that's a great taunt... now I'll probably be disappointed when/if that isn't how it is!
TPLink's taunt: the kick@$$ thing he does when he beats a boss or learns a Hidden Skill in TP.

He needs his Deku Leaf and Skull Hammer!

He could even use his Wind Waker!
Deku Leaf=uB.
WW=FS.
Skull Hammer=NO.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Neutral B - Hurricane Spin, can be charged, when used you can steer it left and right, if fully charged the affected radius will become bigger however, when finished link falls over.

Side B - Grappling Hook (not hookshot), link throws his trusty grappling hook out, can pull enemies closer, steal/pickup items, and grab ledges viz the tether recovery.

Up B - Gust Jar, link holds it above himself and gets sucked upwards. Characters in the way can get jammed into it. will stop link's ascent briefly.

Down B - Parry, does a quick side step, if he avoids a foe's move he will roll behind them and do a horizontal slice. If avoiding a grab will roll behind them and grab. If used in air and avoids an attack, will dodge into the background reappear behind the foe and swing his sword downwards, can be a spike

I already posted this, but no one responded in any way <_>

I think the Deku leaf would be too obvious, I want to see a gust jar for up b.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

I already posted this, but no one responded in any way <_>

I think the Deku leaf would be too obvious, I want to see a gust jar for up b.
Well...it's good, but I disagree...pretty much everywhere. Sorry...

Here's mine.

Nuetral B: Ice Bow
I got this idea from YL's Fire Bow. It briefly freezes an opponent, like the Freezie (like...I dunno, a second). At higher percentages, they stay frozen for longer. Actually can be an effective KO tool.

Over-B: Deku Leaf
Shoots a gust of air from the Deku Leaf. Acts kinda like the star Kirby shoots if you spit an enemy. But you can control it (to some degree) by tilting the Control Stick up or down as it releases (just like the boomerang!). If you use it in midair, it propels you backwards, like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

Down-B: Remote Bomb
Pull it out and hold it for as long as you like. Throw it with A. Press Down B again to blow it up.

Up-B: Hurricane Spin
Normally, it's just a Spin Attack. But if you charge it up, it lasts a lot longer and you can control your movement--use the Control Stick to move left or right. Fantastic for recovery when fully charged, as it basically gives him flying powers.

Grab: Grappling Hook
DUH. And of course, it's a tether recovery too.

That's my CSL MS.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Finally someone understands me...! *sob*
well i kinda douted it at first but after seeing ryu777's B-moves i compleatly suport WWlink, :)oh and btw Fawriel nice A-moves but up-a seems just a little to long dont u think? idk mabey it's just the way im thinking about it....
You mean his up-smash? Well.... yeah, it's a little overcomplicated. The way I imagine it, the move takes about one and a half seconds... plus a bit of cooldown time. Just imagine it like "jump - GO CRAZY - land".
@Farwriel:

That basically makes him a Link clone, WW Link is completely different.
<jdöHKDOÜÄIAÄofuoüufoü)DFASFZOÄFASIHfsölfäf
FGJfpoafhasfipuFS

FUO9()=f(=fz)

$=)"
Well...it's good, but I disagree...pretty much everywhere. Sorry...

Here's mine.

Nuetral B: Ice Bow
I got this idea from YL's Fire Bow. It briefly freezes an opponent, like the Freezie (like...I dunno, a second). At higher percentages, they stay frozen for longer. Actually can be an effective KO tool.

Over-B: Deku Leaf
Shoots a gust of air from the Deku Leaf. Acts kinda like the star Kirby shoots if you spit an enemy. But you can control it (to some degree) by tilting the Control Stick up or down as it releases (just like the boomerang!). If you use it in midair, it propels you backwards, like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

Down-B: Remote Bomb
Pull it out and hold it for as long as you like. Throw it with A. Press Down B again to blow it up.

Up-B: Hurricane Spin
Normally, it's just a Spin Attack. But if you charge it up, it lasts a lot longer and you can control your movement--use the Control Stick to move left or right. Fantastic for recovery when fully charged, as it basically gives him flying powers.

Grab: Grappling Hook
DUH. And of course, it's a tether recovery too.

That's my CSL MS.
Now that's not bad.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Not sure if this was ever brought up, but I'll hide this spoiler just in case. Anyone think it's possible for WW Link's Final Smash to be the....
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*SPOILERS FOR PHANTOM HOURGLASS*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Phantom Hourglass? You could freeze time and feel free to attack anyone to rack up their percentage. I'd imagine this idea needs a bit more oomph, like wind blowing people into phantom hourglasses and having them frozen in time for a while, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to include something from the latest Zelda title.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*END SPOILERS*

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I really want to play Phantom Hourglass, but I don't have a DS. Wind Waker was my favorite LoZ game (don't flame). That FS would be really cool, like a giant hourglass appears in the middle like Palutena.

I've had it for a long time, but if anyone wants, my WWLink moveset is in my sig.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HEHE, that'd be neat Final Smash, to say the least. PH comes to North America in just under an hour. I got it reserved, so I'll play it in like 15 hours. F***ing school, who actually needs to learn when they can play Zelda! :laugh:

*possible Phantom Hourglass Spoilers*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Doesn't Link have a sword in that game called the Phantom Hourglass sword=???? He could use that as his sword, possibly.

Hopefully Phantom Hourglass is good. And with cel-shaded characters confirmed in Brawl through Tingle, I'm positive Wind Waker Link is in Brawl. Since he could have used a enhanced version of his Melee look instead of his Wind Waker look, ya know (like Yoshi). So yaz, now that "There's no cel-shaded characters in Brawl" arguement is dead! :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its just called the Phaton sword actually anf ****ing Nintendo making an all touch screen game... when mines ****ing broken.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...official "non-clone" ( *does finger quotes* ) moveset? Yes, no?

If nobody is going to come up with one, I'll just go and post the new thread myself. Show some activity, people! Look alive!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So what you making it now? Ok as long as you have PM'd a mod to tell them to close this one and make the next one substantially better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom