• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Tiamat, did you even read the first post? It has a good moveset that doesn't make Lucario a Mewtwo clone. The Wave-guiding bomb is "Chargable, but NOT storable... a ranged Flare Blade, essentially." I can't see a single move in that moveset that is like a move from Mewtwo's moveset.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. That Lucario in the first post would make a horrible Mewtwo clone. Heck, that wouldn't even be a Luigi, let alone a clone. If Sakurai is running out of time and for some reason is forced to make a bunch of clones again to expand the roster, he most certainly will not be using that Lucario in the first post.

Well thats good seeing that it seems your "goals" were to show that she would be un-unique or a clone. . .
Things are not always what they seem!

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think Tiamat needs to sit in a corner and think real hard about how Lucario is different to M2. (For one he can run and is 4'0 )

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
There are two similarities between Lucario and Mewtwo. They're both Pokemon and they both stand upright. That's it. Lucario cannot float while running, turn invisible, Teleport, control objects with his mind or anything. They don't even share a similar type! And most importantly, Lucario doesn't have two necks :O

I suppose Mewtwo is just a Samus clone with that charging B move, though (yes, that was sarcasm).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, now that we see Lucario wouldn't be clone of M2(as if it could happen. . . I see someone has gone and said that crap on the Nsider too) what do you all think his stats would be?

I think his speed should be somewere between Pichu and Falco's/Fox's.
He should be around Roy heavy with fast attacks (not so much lag).

kaid

Smash Master
I hope you disabused the Nsider of that notion... Feel free to use the OP in it's entirety.

Pichu and Fox'x speed is pushing things. After all, this game will (hopefully) have Sonic, so we have to keep in mind the upper limit. I say around Falco speed. Roy's or link's weight should be fine.

low lag, or high-lag-high-stun, dependingon the move.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Lucario isn't even a legendary. :( (maybe)

It seems like falco's style would be perfect for Lucario. Good running, big jumps, powerful attacks. Just different B moves.

kaid

Smash Master
Note that aside from M2, all the legendarys have been relegated to the Pokeballs. Not being a legend actually improves his chances.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
I hope you disabused the Nsider of that notion... Feel free to use the OP in it's entirety.

Pichu and Fox'x speed is pushing things. After all, this game will (hopefully) have Sonic, so we have to keep in mind the upper limit. I say around Falco speed. Roy's or link's weight should be fine.

low lag, or high-lag-high-stun, dependingon the move.

I put a end to that arguement lol, heres the link(My name there is BlackLightX) ...
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=1259899#M1259899

I would have tried to post your OP but I can't post pic's so I used a link on another topic where some were saying he would be a clone.

Yeah, I know Falco's speed would be better but thats the speed I use in talking about Blaziken sometimes so I was kind of reluctant to say it.

But, seeing that I only use him as a example of her jumps now, I will use it for Lucario (^_^)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol dragonites pretty popular there. he is coming 4th in the most wanted pokemon character thread

il try to support lucario there, just try not to flame....

kaid

Smash Master
UPDATE: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Lucario knows the attacks Metal Sound, Bone Rush and two new attacks; Force Excert otherwise known as Hakkei, a Fighting attack that does damange and Anticipate, an attack that if the opponent uses an offensive move, Lucario will attack first and at 1.5 times the power of the opponent's attack
So, he now knows an Earth move.

He's looking less and less like a themed Legendary and more like a high-tier regular pokemon. (What bone?)

(Edits Bone Rush in as a new dash attack)

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
UPDATE: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

So, he now knows an Earth move.

He's looking less and less like a themed Legendary and more like a high-tier regular pokemon. (What bone?)

(Edits Bone Rush in as a new dash attack)

Wow, new info!

I have been gone for alil well so this is all new news to me (Would have fond out about it yeasterday had I been on the computer).

And I will keep your Nsider topic bumped.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Does anyone think that Metal Sound or anticipate could be used for SSBB?

I have no idea what Metal Sound those/ is/ looks like but I think anticipate could be a cool counter that still does damage on him but his counter to the attack would be stronger that the enemies attack.

kaid

Smash Master
Metal Sound "reduces the opponents defence greatly" if I recall correctly... not an effect easy to translate to Smash.

Anticipate in smash would either ALWAY have identical priority, and thus simotanius hits, or the first one hit (which SHOULD be the opponent) can still finish their attack, like a phantom hit. ?In short, it's even more complicated then Endure/Inner Focus.

Detect is far easier to incorporate.

Black/Light

Smash Master
And minor update on Lucario.

He has now been comfirmed to not be Steel/ Fighting. . . it is now known that Fighting/ Steel is his types.

Not too big of news. . . But it means that theirs a chance he could be a starter in D/P (YAYYYYY!!!! (^_~) ) and that he will have more fighitng attacks than steel.

And the wave guilding bomb is now known to be a fighting attack.

kaid

Smash Master
So, there's a chance he'll be the new blazikin?

I was kinda discounting him as a starter, simply because he ISNT weak against Psychic, and super effective against Dark, the other two starter elements (if rumor is true)

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Lucario would be awesome on brawl he is the best looking 4th generation pkmn IMO (second would be diaruga).

I really don't think Lucario would be a starter pkmn on Diamond/Pearl because he looks like a pkmn who doesn't have evolutions, and all starter pkmn are very small and evolve in larger pkmn. Well but that isn't for certain since there are lots of changes in the new game so... who knows.

kaid

Smash Master
Lucario officially knows High Jump Kick. Those of you who've played Smash 64 remember Hitmonlee as a pokeball pokemon... this is a possibility for giving Lucario an ^B different from Blazikin. What do you people think?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well what does a high jump kick look like(Is it like a flash kick but up-wards)? Wouldn't Blazikens ^B be sky-upper which is a upper-cut and not a jump kick?

kaid

Smash Master
Exactly. Lucario would give up the ^B I currently have listed, and instead use this kick move. (pokemon moves that can be used as recoveries are pretty rare, after all.)

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Lucario and Blaziken FTW.

lucario looks pretty sweet, and high jump kick would work as ^B

kaid

Smash Master
High Jump kick, on Serebii.net, is described as, "A jumping knee kick." I envision this as, oddly enough, the typical Blaziken pose, one knee foward. (Take that, C. Falcon!)

For High Jump Kick, the Pokemon attack officially states that, if you miss, you take damage. Simplest way to implement this is, if you don't sweetspot, you take 3-5 damage when you land. With this Pichu-esque drawback, we can now godmod the attack.

First off, make it aimable. The Hitmonlee in Smash 64 could lock onto anyone, and it would hit you unless you moved.
Second, give it as much distance as G&W's trampoline. This, combined with aimability, gives him a very good recovery. Sweetspotting can be a bit tricky though, as this move arcs from the direction chosen.
Third, you keep the attack-box until you land or are knocked out of the move. So like the Puff's Rollout attack, pick your aim with care, and you can hit targets on the other side of the screen. (don't, and you go flying off to your death)
Also, giving it damage like a decent smash would be appreciated. It's an 85 power move, after all, and he's fighting type.

In short: (And to copied into the OP, should it meet with approval)

^B Hi Jump Kick: an aimable flying knee-kick that covers as much distance as G&W's recovery. Unless sweetspotted, Lucario takes 3-5% on landing. Think the Pokeball Hitmonlee from Smash 64.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I don't think Lucario is that interesting of a pokemon and it would be difficult to distiniguish his fighting style from other fighting styles. Or so it would seem. I think Lucario should have decent speed, good jumps, decent weight, but only average strength. But why? He is a fighting pokemon. O, but that is where the unquieness could be added.

From the rumors Lucario can harness energy. What if he grows stronger as his percentage rises? When he first starts battle, he might be more of hit and run type. But as he is damaged his special moves and smash moves become alot flashier and more powerful. He can even have moves that damage himself, as suggested by Kaid. That way you can purposely raise his percantage to make him more of a powerhouse.

kaid

Smash Master
High Jump kick is an exception. The pokemon move High Jump Kick hurts you if you miss the opponent. Lucario can no more "harness energy" then Ken from Street Fighter.

kaid

Smash Master
I always envisioned it as closer to the move in Worms Armageddon.

In any case, Sky uppercut is being pulled, as a more Blaziken-esque recovery move, and replaced with Hi Jump Kick, which Lucario officially knows.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Alright. I would rather have Lickitung as a pokemon fighter then Lucario. But I am going to take the challenge and try to design an interesting Lucario fighter. The biggest challenge is making his fighting style unique.

My proposed style for Lucario:
He will start off as very average in most categories with few exceptions. His special attacks might be subpar, and his jumps will be high. He will be a semi-fast faller, being a steel pokemon and all. However, according to Wikipedia Lucario is able to harnass a type of energy. His is called the wave guiding pokemon. This is how it could be represented. As Lucario's percentage goes up, he becomes more enraged and infuriated, and his attacks and special attacks become not only stronger, but even cooler looking. Lucario's apperance will change as well. His eyes could get brighter, his dred locks can start floating and waving in the air, and small spheres of energy can surround him. Therefore, his fighting style changes as the game progresses.

A: Left cross
AA: Left cross, straight jab
AAA: Left cross, straight jab followed by three rapid punches
(If Lucario took alot of damage, the three rapid punches would send the oppenent flying with an explosion of energy)

>A: Spinning kick
(If Lucario took alot of damage, he will perform his spinning kick, land and then quickly spin around doing another kick with his opposite leg)

^A: Quick uppercut
(If Lucario took alot of damage, a wave of energy will be expelled to his right like Kirby's sword cutter energy, but with less range and almost no knockback)

Duck: Lucario kneels down and bends backwards, placing his elbows on the floor. By pressing his A he hoists his arms forward, swinging one fist in a half circle at the enemy and then the other
(If Lucario took alot of damage this could knock the oppenent downward)

Down Smash: He will create a ball of energy and spike it to the floor causing a circular ripple on the surface of the stage around him. The ripple extends further and the ball of energy is bigger and more badass looking depending on the damage Lucario has taken.

Up Smash: Lucario raises his arms, palms upward and open, and shoots a quick vertical beam of light. It has no knockback, decent damage, and Lucario lags a little afterwards.
If he is highly damaged, the beam of energy has rings of light that pulse upwards, lifting the oppenent.

Forward Smash: Leans back and flexes chest before delivering a punch surrounding by rippiling energy. Average everything. If he is highly damaged, when he leans back energy draws in close enemies as if they were magnetic (range similar to Kirby's vacuum) setting them up for the punch.

B: Pulse Punch: Lucario punches fast and a ripple of air (kind of like Matrix bullets) is sent forward fast. Knockback decreases as it travels. Does 3 percent damage to Lucario)

Down B: Endure: Lucario instantly becomes soild steel. Could only be used on the ground. Lucario cannot move. Attacks on him have little knockback but deal full the damage. Grabs will take him out of this form. Good defensive mauvuer that allows him to withstand explosions and other powerful smashes while racking up his own percentage to achieve his stronger form.

Up B: Submission: Lucario shoots straight Up like G&W's Up B. If he comes in contact with an oppenent, he grabs them and kickes them straight down. If Lucario is highly damaged, the kick down is a spike and followed by an energy ball shot straight down.

Forward B: Homing Punch: Lucario launches out like C. Falcon fist first. Is controllable like Ness's electricity except only goes a little further then C. Falcon. If contact is made, Lucario will punch them. Used mostly to navigate back on stage. If Lucario is highly damaged, he will punch his oppenent rapidly like Yoshi's ariel down A. Used to rack up damage.

Alright I am done.

kaid

Smash Master
Lucario doesn't learn any of those B moves. Try doing a bit of research first.

There's a movie, linked in my sig, and a moveset in the first post that people who have seen the movie like.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just trying to make Lucario have a different style of play then other characters. Many people complain that his fighting style will match someone else's. By getting stronger with a rising percentage score, Lucario can have his own unique way of playing.

kaid

Smash Master
It also makes it so duels (Expecially Mirror matches) are decided by who gets the first kill. If Lucario dies, he suddenly lacks the strength to finish off his opponent. On the other hand, if he KOs the opponent, he's inflicting massive damage right from the start.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. I wonder if he sounds like Goku now? I would have thought that they would use a Riu (Street Fighter) voice or just a voice much like that of the Japan one.

Interesting. . . .

kaid

Smash Master
Update: Youtube ate the movie, so I've had to make a few changes... hopefully for the better.

I've found the BitTorrent link, and put it in the First Post, along with a Youtube "Rukario Tribute."

I also added an image to the info last section...

Eaode

Smash Champion
When I started reading this thread, I knew next to nothing about Lucario/Rukario. But now, here I am, making a moveset.

Lucario:

Stats:

Speed: 2.5/5, Continue reading.
Power: 3/5
Jump: 4/5, second is 2/5. First jump has floaty properties for about a second.
Fall speed (gravity): 4/5
Traction: 4/5
Weight: 3/5

Okay, Lucario has the ability "Humble Heart". This means when he starts at 0% damage, he will be at his default speed, about average. But as he gains damage, he will become faster. He will run faster, and his attacks will have less lag. I could see this having some kind of "acceleration". That means that as he gains even more damage, the amount he speeds up increases. Like if he's at 50%, his speed will be 1.1x normal. When he reaches about 100%, his speed will be about 1.3x normal. At 150%, his speed will be about 1.6x normal, and if he reaches 200%, his speed will be double what it was at 0%. Also, at 100%, his strength could start to increase. Very slightly however.

And Now, the Moves:

Neutral B: Wave Guiding Bomb
Hold B to charge it, once you let go he will release it, so its not holdable. Max charage time is comparable to mew2's shadowball. When you release it, it will fly in a straight line. You can aim to to a certain extent (somewhere between Link and Y Link boomerang aimability). The longer you charge it, the less ability you have to aim it (no charge it like ylink, full charge is like link). There is a bonus though. 2 seconds after you reach max charge, Lucario will move his other hand to the opposite side of him, and transfer some energy to the other hand. A second after doing this, he will reach max charge in both hands. The dual blasts are each 80% as powerful as the single blast.

Forward B: Detect.
Press >B to use this move. When you do, Lucario will put his hands in front of him, in a kind of meditating stance. His so-called "dreads" will float up as well. This will last 1-2 seconds. When someone attacks you within this time, you will have a chance to counter. Their attack will automatically miss, and you will be given the chance to counter. Counter attacks are as follows:
A: Lucario moves out of the way and thrusts his hand(s) into the opponents, with decent horizontal knockback
B: Moves out of the way and sticks his hands infront of the opponent and releases a burst of wave energy, decent knockback.
L/R: Dodges enemy and spins around them (rather stylishly)
No input: just dodges the attack (again, stylishly)

Up B: High Jump Kick.
Lucario will launch himself upward, gaining as much vertical height as Samus's screw attack, In a knee-out position. At the top of the jump, he will extend one foot downward and fall. If he falls a long distance (height of yoshi's story's highest platform), he will take 6-8% damage. If he comes down on an aerial opponent, it will meteor smash them.

Down B: Endure.
When pressed, Lucario will spread his legs, and bend his arms in a powerful stance. Getting into the stance will take a second (Making it instant like the shine would allow eternal staying power). Any attacks done to Lucario during this time would have absolutely no knockback, and do 1.1x normal damage. This will continue as long as it's held. However, if Lucario takes 50% or more while endure is held, he will discontinue the stance. By default, he cannot resume the Endure stance for one second. But additionally, he will add 1 second to that time for every 10% taken during the move. For instance, if he takes 40%, he can't use Endure again for 5 seconds, etc.

This is based on your moveset with some changes and details added. From this moveset, Lucario would be a largely defensive character. He relies on the other player's offense to raise his power and counter attack. This is pretty unique in my opinion.

EEDIT: Lucario is going on my wishlist, and yes, I would love one of those T-Shirts.

Top Bottom