• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm gonna assume that Nintendo ran out of games cause now we're in the shovelware era of NSO updates.
Just wait for the update that gives us Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (NES), Lester the Unlikely (SNES), Pokemon Pinball (GB), and Cheetahmen 2 (NES).

Actually wait why haven’t we gotten either Pokemon Pinball game yet?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well it's pretty simple. Tara Strong, Mike Pollock, and Steve Blum are all Jewish, so it makes sense that they have something to say about this conflict. They may have relatives over here who have been personally affected by Octobrr 7.

I'm not justifying **** like Tara Strong being Islamophobic, but I don't think I've seen any non-Jewish voice actor being brought up in relation to this topic
I get what you mean and I don't want to make a big deal out of this but I think it's unwise to mix up Zionism and being Jewish, another Jewish VA, Yuri Lowenthal, has been pro Palenstine and openly criticized the way Joe Biden, a non Jewish Zionist, is handling the situation. Also correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Yuri's marriage not be seen as illegitimate in Israel as he married Tara Platt, a non Jewish woman? I remember hearing that only Jews could marry other Jews in Israel

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Went to see the Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire again one last time in theaters before they pulled it out.

I'm gonna stand by this. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the film and was mindless fun. It really embraced the Showa tone and I'm all down for that showing the kaiju franchise can have different flavors when compared to Minus One.

But I'm probably in the minority though that this should've been a solo Kong sequel tbh. I love Godzilla, I really do, but putting him in kind of rushed things (He should've been saved for later film) and by doing this could've had more exploration on Skar King and Shimo as well as introducing them far earlier who I felt were underutilized and didn't have that "world-threatening" presence and goal of preventing Skar King and his army from invading the surface would've been a good enough plot as well as Kong challenging Skar King for his leadership to save the tribe and lead them to a better life. Also the idea of Kong using his wits to finding out Shimo is being controlled by the crystal and eventually destroying it freeing her. Having no Godzilla also could've had more exploration of the hollow earth and Kong and Suko bonding.

But at the same time using Godzilla was a marketing ploy, the main appeal is having them both, but I still think the film would've worked better as a solo Kong sequel.

That said, looking forward to picking this film up on blu-ray next month!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know I'm thinking, did Sonic's parents name him Sonic before they knew he was fast, or after? Like imagine naming your kid Sonic and he's the slowest thing alive. Really banked in hoping he can break the speed barrier some day.

also his Parents must have some absurd genetics
The real question is why did the queen name Manic ****ing Manic

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know I'm thinking, did Sonic's parents name him Sonic before they knew he was fast, or after? Like imagine naming your kid Sonic and he's the slowest thing alive. Really banked in hoping he can break the speed barrier some day.

also his Parents must have some absurd genetics
I think he chose the name himself according to the Archie comics, fits the whole 'free to be who you want to be' mindset the dude has, why let a lame ass name like 'Maurice' be what defines you?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
since Hitler is a Persona character, based on my lack of knowledge on 1 and 2, did he shoot himself to try summoning a Persona or am I expecting something too normal for Persona standards?

osby

Smash Obsessed
since Hitler is a Persona character, based on my lack of knowledge on 1 and 2, did he shoot himself to try summoning a Persona or am I expecting something too normal for Persona standards?
Evokers weren't a thing in Persona 2, so no.

He's not actually Hitler but the main antagonist pretending to be him. So his "Persona" Nyarlathotep is just his actual form.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I get what you mean and I don't want to make a big deal out of this but I think it's unwise to mix up Zionism and being Jewish, another Jewish VA, Yuri Lowenthal, has been pro Palenstine and openly criticized the way Joe Biden, a non Jewish Zionist, is handling the situation. Also correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Yuri's marriage not be seen as illegitimate in Israel as he married Tara Platt, a non Jewish woman? I remember hearing that only Jews could marry other Jews in Israel
I'm not saying being Jewish necessarily equates to being a Zionist. That's just what I've noticed so far.

As for marriage with non-Jews, I don't think that's the case but I'm also not sure. Like I see enough stories of people marrying foreigners to make me doubt it but it also wouldn't surprise me if what you say is true

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular Opinion.

I consider Valka from HTTYD2 to be a horrible and selfish mother.

Leaving your husband, that I can get but in the process she ended up leaving Hiccup, her own son for dragons despite that "connection" she sparked the moment she gained from the experience with her newborn and Cloudjumper. No matter the hardships or circumstances, no mother should leave their child behind and its her fault that leaving not just her husband but also her own son did Hiccup end up having the overshadowed life he had prior to HTTYD2, had she been there, Hiccup at least would have been had some support and the verbal smackdown she'd give Stoick when he accused Hiccup of siding with dragons and disowning him. Valka was never there for Hiccup, and if she truly did care, she at the very least would secretly spy on how he was doing.

I'm sorry but that just makes her unlikable for me and they should've gone with the original pitch where she was the main villain. It would've made a lot more sense. Maybe committed some kind of treason involving dragons and Stoick was left with no choice but to banish his own wife and had to lie to Hiccup about her death to protect him.

Drago's a great villain, don't get me wrong, but I don't like Valka for this reason and should've been as orginally intended.

Now excuse me while I go hide. I can hear Noipoi Noipoi in the distance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom