• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Littering is gross but a special place in hell should be reserved for dog owners who don't clean up after their dogs
right next to the people who take their dogs everywhere (service animals not included).

Like I get it, I absolutely love dogs. I would take my dog anywhere too.

But taking your dog to the Walmart? McDonalds? The MOVIES? Yeah go to hell. I'll take the dog though.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don’t get this. Like, I use trash cans because they’re there and because other people care about this. But like… do you know where all that trash ends up? In the ground. In the environment. Not to mention a lot of it is bio-degradable anyway so like… I don’t get it.

Corporations and governments have a bigger impact on our environment than individual people ever will anyway.
I would prefer to not make the jobs of custodians a living hell by littering

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I discovered a pattern:
  • In 2009, Nickelodeon acquired the rights of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
  • In 2019, Nickelodeon acquires Paws Inc., the Garfield guys.
What Intellectual Property would Nick acquire in 2029?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I discovered a pattern:
YOU!
IMG_0451.jpeg

Consume product and ask no questions.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Apparwntly defending tera strong and doing the whole "both sides" on the genoside and palastine
(If im right about that. Not good at reading that ki da stuff over text)

It has also come to my attention that Tera is now pro trump too
All he did in that tweet was say happy birthday to Tera Strong. He didn't say anything about Palestine, vaccines, or anything political really. But he did call her a "wonderful person".

On the flip side scrolling through his timeline I did see him retweet a post from Bernie Sanders about how Isreal is refusing to let humanitarian aid get through to Palestine and how the US has been complicate in that. Lots of anti-Trump stuff too. Just seems like cognitive dissonance to me. Probably not worth getting into a tizzy about.

Edit: I found the tweets about him both siding. Never mind that. Looks like he's also actively denying her Islamophobia.

And good lord twitter is a pain to navigate now. Making it very hard to look into these things first hand.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
In 2011, the official Smurfs Movie Twitter account made a post sending Steve Jobs Smurf Magic. He passed away shortly after.
In 2013, Johnathan Winters’ final role before passing was as Papa Smurf in the Smurfs 2.

Why are these films surrounded by death?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
In 2011, the official Smurfs Movie Twitter account made a post sending Steve Jobs Smurf Magic. He passed away shortly after.
In 2013, Johnathan Winters’ final role before passing was as Papa Smurf in the Smurfs 2.

Don't forget that Peyo's widow, Nine Culliford, died in 2016, a year after The Lost Village was announced.

Let's pray that the upcoming Smurfs movie by Paramount breaks the curse.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Don't forget that Peyo's widow, Nine Culliford, died in 2016, a year after The Lost Village was announced.
The Curse of the Smurfs, or alternatively, the "Smurse".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Agatha All Along releases September 18th

Daredevil: Born Again will release March 2025

…but Marvel…where is MCU Spider-Man cartoon?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I discovered a pattern:
They’ve been doing a lot with The Smurfs lately. Plus they’re another nostalgic 80’s property that isn’t owned by a big company. So I could see it being them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait GB Online didn't have Mario Land 1 until now?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Mario Land gets a bad rap sometimes but I think it’s pretty cool.

I mean, it’s got flying heads. That displays a great imagination.
IMO the quality dropped off like some kind of Mario knockoff, but it still seems like something Nintendo would want on the service on day 1.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You might be thinking Dr.Doofenshmirtz and Vanessa. They parody the same tropes, with Vanessa being Doof's daughter being a twist on them.
... this feels a little bit like Mansplaining imho.

Like I know who Doof is and I know Vanessa is his daughter. But I thought that Drakken and Shego were ALSO father and daughter. I thought it was something the characters had in common. Like... I didn't get the two confused, I just thought they had a similarity.

Top Bottom