• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
they were dreams about me falling asleep at a restaurant dinner and talking about cereal in a barbershop chair and the drive through at a wendy's being so busy they closed the restaurant.
These sound pretty mundane actually.

My weird dreams usually involve sheep people trying to climb a huge tower.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
they were dreams about me falling asleep at a restaurant dinner and talking about cereal in a barbershop chair and the drive through at a wendy's being so busy they closed the restaurant.
My dreams used to have some shadow running at me, causing me to get hit with sleep paralysis, then they went to a car constanly driving off a bridge into water where I drown and then to driving INTO water and being stuck in a car. Then there was that one dream where I was in a group and we held hands and jumped off a cliff into some water

Now my dreams are just me and whatecer character Im hyperfixated + some animals. I think my sleep paralysis demon got laid off because I havent seen him in a while

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I may have said this before, and it probably won't happen anytime soon (if ever), but I think it'd be pretty cool if Nintendo did a remake of Mario Paint. And maybe the Mario Artist series. They could even include their own wireless mouse.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My dreams used to have some shadow running at me, causing me to get hit with sleep paralysis, then they qent to a car constany driving off a bridge into water where I drown and then to driving INTO water and being stuck in a car

Now my dreams are just me and whatecer character Im hyperfixated + some animals
My dreams are usually really weird. I had a dream once where puppets took over the planet and Jeff Dunham's Walter Puppet was like... the hero puppet... and he mentioned how he wanted to read his "John Micheal Jordans" whatever that means.

I had another dream recently where I was doing a show with high school thespians at another school and for reasons (I think it had something to do with a magical beaver under the school, which for some reason were caves instead of a normal school basement) I was transported two years into the future. At least they said it was two years in the dream but like… it was not two years after my high school days, it had to be further by the logic of the world I was in. This was some slightly more dystopian version of our current world with like… extra architecture built upwards on supports like a boardwalk. I was definitely transitioned in the future, I think completely (bottom surgery included) but it was like my old imaginary version of my future where nobody back home knew. I ran into Elena (a friend from high school theatre) when her older self was working at the Verizon store in this setting and she didn’t recognize me for a while. I think this was some sort of Trump run future where transitioning was illegal but I had somehow gotten past the boundaries in place. I don’t remember much else… something about ordering breakfast at McDonald’s and getting other food from like… a stand built into the boardwalks underside. There was also something about my current house in the dark. At some point my dad ended up in this future too, somehow, and I don’t know why but I had to send him back to the past to heal an injury he suffered. I ended up back in the past as well, I presume this was some sort of bittersweet sacrifice ending, giving up my complete transition (which I have been feeling might never happen irl) in exchange for healing my dad and getting a chance to alter the dystopian future with my knowledge of it. I had missed the play we were supposed to be putting on. Ted Rosenbloom (another high school friend) had gone on as my understudy and my sudden late return kind of upset everyone. I didn’t go on but my dad was ok and then the story ends.

The weird thing is I know for a fact that these events happened out of order in my dream, but aside from the stuff in the middle I’m not sure about, I was aware of the chronology of events in the dream. Which might explain the whole “two years into the future” thing because that part of the exposition happened near the end of the dream and my brain was effectively writing the beginning last without really considering if it made sense with what had come before.

(The second one I wrote down after it happened so I remember it more clearly)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
My dreams are usually really weird. I had a dream once where puppets took over the planet and Jeff Dunham's Walter Puppet was like... the hero puppet... and he mentioned how he wanted to read his "John Micheal Jordans" whatever that means.

I had another dream recently where I was doing a show with high school thespians at another school and for reasons (I think it had something to do with a magical beaver under the school, which for some reason were caves instead of a normal school basement) I was transported two years into the future. At least they said it was two years in the dream but like… it was not two years after my high school days, it had to be further by the logic of the world I was in. This was some slightly more dystopian version of our current world with like… extra architecture built upwards on supports like a boardwalk. I was definitely transitioned in the future, I think completely (bottom surgery included) but it was like my old imaginary version of my future where nobody back home knew. I ran into Elena (a friend from high school theatre) when her older self was working at the Verizon store in this setting and she didn’t recognize me for a while. I think this was some sort of Trump run future where transitioning was illegal but I had somehow gotten past the boundaries in place. I don’t remember much else… something about ordering breakfast at McDonald’s and getting other food from like… a stand built into the boardwalks underside. There was also something about my current house in the dark. At some point my dad ended up in this future too, somehow, and I don’t know why but I had to send him back to the past to heal an injury he suffered. I ended up back in the past as well, I presume this was some sort of bittersweet sacrifice ending, giving up my complete transition (which I have been feeling might never happen irl) in exchange for healing my dad and getting a chance to alter the dystopian future with my knowledge of it. I had missed the play we were supposed to be putting on. Ted Rosenbloom (another high school friend) had gone on as my understudy and my sudden late return kind of upset everyone. I didn’t go on but my dad was ok and then the story ends.

The weird thing is I know for a fact that these events happened out of order in my dream, but aside from the stuff in the middle I’m not sure about, I was aware of the chronology of events in the dream. Which might explain the whole “two years into the future” thing because that part of the exposition happened near the end of the dream and my brain was effectively writing the beginning last without really considering if it made sense with what had come before.

(The second one I wrote down after it happened so I remember it more clearly)
Ive had dremas that are out of order and when I wake up Im like "Wait, that didnt make any ****ing sense..."

But now its mostly my pet snake, rabbit, and maybe some (not some, 90% of my dreams have this ****ing caharacter) Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4

Some call that Mental Illness ( probably)
I call it "My fav character encorageing me to keep going"

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My dreams just tend to be weird crossovers of a bunch of fictional media that I like or recently watched/read/played.

One time several years ago I dreamt that Toon Ganondorf was trying to unleash a powerful spell to take over the world from the backstage areas of Disneyland and that Toon Link, Dipper, Mabel, Soos, and Baymax and Hiro had to team up to try and stop him.

All of the characters had the exact same artstyles as they did in their debut games/shows. Everything else looked real and they were even all walking amongst completely regular-looking humans and no one even batted an eye.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Apparwntly defending tera strong and doing the whole "both sides" on the genoside and palastine
Look I may be biased but I think it's perfectly fair to do this. I'm not justifying the IDF's actions but I would like to remind you guys that this war started on October 7, when Hamas massacred a bunch of Israeli civilians, including children. Please educate yourself in regards to this conflict because it's not black and white.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparwntly defending tera strong and doing the whole "both sides" on the genoside and palastine
(If im right about that. Not good at reading that ki da stuff over text)

It has also come to my attention that Tera is now pro trump too
I see. Tara, you mean instead of Tera?

Anyhow, this reminds me about something from a week ago, where Mike Pollock, the voice actor for Eggman in the Sonic games, apparently said something bad about what was happening in Palestine. Many people got mad over it, BUT he made a blog post of some kind where at least he did apologize for some of what happened, and that he is no Zionist.

It was a crazy day by then.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Please educate yourself in regards to this conflict because it's not black and white.
I did say im not good at reading this stuff through text so idk WHAT exactly he is sayin or thinkin. All i know is a lot of vAs are showing their ass now a days. Some say sorry, some dont.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I did say im not good at reading this stuff through text so idk WHAT exactly he is sayin or thinkin. All i know is a lot of vAs are showing their ass now a days. Some say sorry, some dont
I haven't actually read his tweet btw (I don't have access to it), this is just me venting. It's tiring to simultaneously criticize your own country's actions but also defend it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I haven't actually read his tweet btw (I don't have access to it), this is just me venting. It's tiring to simultaneously criticize your own country's actions but also defend it.
Tbf I think most people have more of an issue on how the world's governments are responding to all this than actively siding with the Hamas.

Now as for why VAs are doing all that yapping is beyond me but hey it shows their ass I guess.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Now as for why VAs are doing all that yapping is beyond me but hey it shows their ass I guess
Well it's pretty simple. Tara Strong, Mike Pollock, and Steve Blum are all Jewish, so it makes sense that they have something to say about this conflict. They may have relatives over here who have been personally affected by Octobrr 7.

I'm not justifying **** like Tara Strong being Islamophobic, but I don't think I've seen any non-Jewish voice actor being brought up in relation to this topic

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well it's pretty simple. Tara Strong, Mike Pollock, and Steve Blum are all Jewish, so it makes sense that they have something to say about this conflict. They may have relatives over here who have been personally affected by Octobrr 7.

I'm not justifying **** like Tara Strong being Islamophobic, but I don't think I've seen any non-Jewish voice actor being brought up in relation to this topic
I mean I guess that makes sense in that regard. I think the big disconnect between them and fans regarding that topic, given that majority are US based and the US foreign policies are a disaster (especially in the Middle East) and I'm gonna stop there so I don't spout an uninformed take or something.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
May be me but littering gotta be a top 5 nastiest thing people can do. I just can't deal with people who just throw trash all around.
Its gross, unattractive, they will never get a job, they will never keep a relationship, all their flowers will die and they will forver be ugly all their life if they litter. Also every dog they meet will bite them

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
May be me but littering gotta be a top 5 nastiest thing people can do. I just can't deal with people who just throw trash all around.
I don’t get this. Like, I use trash cans because they’re there and because other people care about this. But like… do you know where all that trash ends up? In the ground. In the environment. Not to mention a lot of it is bio-degradable anyway so like… I don’t get it.

Corporations and governments have a bigger impact on our environment than individual people ever will anyway.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t get this. Like, I use trash cans because they’re there and because other people care about this. But like… do you know where all that trash ends up? In the ground. In the environment. Not to mention a lot of it is bio-degradable anyway so like… I don’t get it.

Corporations and governments have a bigger impact on our environment than individual people ever will anyway.
I don’t get why people don’t like when other people just toss their trash around on the streets, leaving it in places where people can see it, step in it, causing harm to animals, children, the environment, and just generally making the world an uglier place. Corporations cause the most damage anyway so there’s no personal accountability on an individual level, tee-hee!

IMG_8699.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Because throwing things on the ground with no regard to anything around them is just disgusting behavior idk what's so hard about that.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever littered, to my knowledge. Most of my litter experience is seeing it all over parks in the Rollercoaster Tycoon games.

Along with vomit. In fact, there was a cheat in the third game to make every guest in the park vomit at once. Why would anyone use that? No idea...

Top Bottom