• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We talking about Disney?

Pinocchio has and always will be my favorite Disney film ever. I can't tell you how many times I watched that as a kid and shockingly I was never scared of the donkey transformation scene. Looking at it now, I keep thinking to myself "how the **** was I not traumatized of this as a kid?"

Pinocchio is probably the only Disney film to date where the villain actually gets away with his crimes (The Coachman). Let that sink in...Truly a dark film.

Following Pinocchio, my other favorites would be Tarzan, The Lion King and Hunchback.
Disney gotta make a irredeemable villain again sometime soon these new ones weak
If it makes you any better. DreamWorks and other animated films have been at it lately.

Big Jack Horner, Chelsea, The Chameleon, and Professor Marmalade are notable examples.

PAL from The Mitchells vs. The Machines.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This Disney talk has me wondering, are we getting old?

Is the Disney Magic no longer working on us?

Or are the movies genuinely mid
No. It's definitely the latter. The movies they make now are absolute **** and Disney has lost its way.

It is time for DreamWorks and Sony Animation to take over that era!
The movies have always been mid.
Pinocchio? Disney Renaissance? Lilo & Stitch Even if it did rip-off The Iron Giant? Criminally underrated ones like Atlantis and Treasure Planet???

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't really been all that hyped for Disney stuff in recent years but I did enjoy the newer Pixar stuff.

I'm in the middle of playing Kingdom Hearts II and I don't know if it's my classic Disney nostalgia or the game is just so fun to play (or both) but I feel very happy playing it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I want more types that are both strong and weak against the same other type. Like… the cold puts out a fire but fire still melts ice. That kind of thing.
Ahh so a Final Fantasy vibe of Fire/Ice and Water/Electric

I'd be down for that in another gimmick

Bad news you guys

It’s summer

The bugs are back :/
Use Flamethrower

Problem solved

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Tbf, the word bugbear doesn't have anything to do with insects, it's simply a variation of "bugge", a spooky creature.

Also, speaking of SMT, Saturnus is revealed for SMT VV, probably the last returning demon yet to be confirmed.
I wouldn't be 100% sure on that one tbh. The base game had unused data for Krishna, Maitreya, Ardha and Satan alongside Dagda who's now in as dlc, and Ardha's been in all their 3d games except V now.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't be 100% sure on that one tbh. The base game had unused data for Krishna, Maitreya, Ardha and Satan alongside Dagda who's now in as dlc, and Ardha's been in all their 3d games except V now.
I can see Ardha returning. Satan can go both ways. Krishna and Maitreya feel like they'd be DLC if they were going to be in, tbh.

Shroob

Sup?
I can see Ardha returning. Satan can go both ways. Krishna and Maitreya feel like they'd be DLC if they were going to be in, tbh.
With the level cap now being 150, I could totally see a Shiva:Round 2 scenario. Taking one of the prior superbosses and making him even stronger.

osby

Smash Obsessed
With the level cap now being 150, I could totally see a Shiva:Round 2 scenario. Taking one of the prior superbosses and making him even stronger.
Oh no, they're gonna make the Ardha boss fight in SH2 even worse

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm 30 episodes in to G Gundam and ****ing hell this is just Dragon Ball but with mechs and it's the greatest show I've ever seen
Sunrise saw how much merch DBZ was moving in the early 90s compared to flailing Gundam sales and had a vision

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As for if Disney has lost its magic or if we've gotten old, I think both can be kind of true.

Raya had the spirit, but ultimately fumbled. I haven't seen Wish but from what I gather there was a ton of executive meddling. Strange World was ambitious but as much as I like it, it feels really lacking in some way. We are in a weaker era.

But let's be honest, not every movie Disney has put out has exactly been Lilo and Stitch. And if you look at a lot of the classic movies - a lot of what fans call the Golden Era, while they're cultural icons and visual spectacles, most of them weren't exactly Shakespeare. But I feel like we're much more forgiving of them in part due to nostalgia.
To be fair, Disney had seen its ups and downs throughout their history.

I'm aware that Disney's quality side suffered during Bob Chapek's reign as CEO as he is more on the quantity side.

But now with him gone, I do hope that with Iger back, they can regain the quality aspect since of their studio divisions retained creative control.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh no, they're gonna make the Ardha boss fight in SH2 even worse
It'll be fine.

No one played Soul Hackers 2 anyway :nifty:

Joking aside, I do hope there's like, 1-2 more unknown demons coming down the pipeline. It's soo weird that Virtue is MIA, so we just skip a rank in the angel hierarchy. Also, Hare of Inaba is the only UMA, and no Kanbari/Kangiten for Enigma feels wrong.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Netflix will be getting a live action Scooby Doo series.

This is the sixth live action Scooby Doo adaptation I think? (I’m counting any sequels as separate entries)
Also worth notating is that they never have more than one scooby doo show actively running at the same time.

So Velma is probably already canned

Top Bottom