• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
For my fellow Pokemon fans in the thread, I'm curious to know: how would you improve the Bug type?

It's one of my favorite types on concept, like, the peak evolutionary states of the insects and arachnids we live with today, but by the name of Arceus' itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini, it's so dang weak. Low stats on a fair few bug mons is one thing, but being resisted by SO MANY TYPES (in addition to being weak to Fire, which is one of the strongest types in the game in my view) just really holds it back.

Generally my idea involves adding a new type that Bug is strong against and also resists, but Wolfey made a great video on how he would personally fix the Bug type:
You already fixed Ice type, Gamefreak, now give the bugs a turn

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For my fellow Pokemon fans in the thread, I'm curious to know: how would you improve the Bug type?

It's one of my favorite types on concept, like, the peak evolutionary states of the insects and arachnids we live with today, but by the name of Arceus' itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini, it's so dang weak. Low stats on a fair few bug mons is one thing, but being resisted by SO MANY TYPES (in addition to being weak to Fire, which is one of the strongest types in the game in my view) just really holds it back.

Generally my idea involves adding a new type that Bug is strong against and also resists, but Wolfey made a great video on how he would personally fix the Bug type:
Improve it? easy.

Make it beat Fairy.

And Dragon.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

No new types because we have enough types

Remove fairy's bug resistance because it never made sense. The type honestly doesn't have a lot of weaknesses, only three, they're just very common and a lot of bugs have dual typings that give them 4x weaknesses. And they're early game piss babies.

So more late game competitively cracked bugs with types that don't make them incredibly weak to a spark, or some pebbles, or a sneeze. Like a bug/dragon with a ridiculous ability. That'll do it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok but legit though, make Bug beat Fairy. It makes a lot of sense thematically and it helps counter arguably the strongest type in the game. At the least, have it resist it.

What also made ice types viable is that they somewhat reworked it by removing hail in favor of snow, which gave additional defense to a type that desperately needed better defense in addition to the previous benefits that hail brought (ice body, slush rush, snow cloak), which means Aurora Veil is actually useful this time and can make some ice types speedy, tanky, and/or really annoying to kill.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know we still got 6 months until Venom: The Last Dance, but I gotta say…

Venom crew better ****ing bring Eminem back to the studio

Shroob

Sup?
Ok but legit though, make Bug beat Fairy. It makes a lot of sense thematically and it helps counter arguably the strongest type in the game. At the least, have it resist it.

What also made ice types viable is that they somewhat reworked it by removing hail in favor of snow, which gave additional defense to a type that desperately needed better defense in addition to the previous benefits that hail brought (ice body, slush rush, snow cloak), which means Aurora Veil is actually useful this time and can make some ice types speedy, tanky, and/or really annoying to kill.
Actually wonder what makes ya come to that conclusion actually.

Shroob

Sup?
1714361190265.png

Hello yes as one of the resident Demonologists(I play Shin Megami Tensei), I shall weigh in on the whole "Bug/Fairy" debacle.

If anything, I'd wager that Fairy and Bug would go along actually quite well.

The Bugaboo/Bugbear is a fairly famous fae creature that was effectively a goblin, which most likely evolved into the modern day Boogeyman.

And yes, back in ye olden times, Fae was a very wide-encompassing term. Things like Dwarves, Goblins, and other more malicious entities like Banshees or Spriggans were considered Fae.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Fairy is definitely one of the strongest types we have, but I always feel like Steel is the best type we have, and by far. They wall absolutely EVERYTHING except a lucky few types, and also counter Fairy while also walling out Dragon moves. Part of the reason why I want a new type personally, even though we probably do have enough, is to have a new way of deeling with the Steel.

Being able to counter steel is why I also think Fire, Ground and Fighting are among the best types in the game, especially in gen 9 with the advent of Terastalizing.

Here's a Wolfey video ranking the types competitively as of Gen IX:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Foghorn Leghorn memes made me realize they got Eric Bauza voicing like every Looney Tunes character. and idk I thought they spread out the roles since Mel Blanc passed to multiple and done that every new generation but no he just voices like all of them like Mel Blanc did.

That's actually pretty dang impressive
I think every generation or so one guy is born who can do all the voices.

Like the Avatar.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Clayton's death is still one of the ****ing darkest things Disney ever did.

Dude got HANGED and we saw the shadow of his dangling corpse.
Tarzan in general was a wild movie. Like, not even five minutes in and a baby gorilla is violently killed and eaten off-screen by the scariest cat ever put to film.

Also there was a deleted scene of the death of Tarzan's human parents and good GOLLY do I see why they deleted it-

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tarzan in general was a wild movie. Like, not even five minutes in and a baby gorilla is violently killed and eaten off-screen by the scariest cat ever put to film.

Also there was a deleted scene of the death of Tarzan's human parents and good GOLLY do I see why they deleted it-
All to the tunes of Phil Collins

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I'm going through a rabbit hole of Looney Tunes casting, so Eric Bauza voices all the characters but somehow simultaneously doesn't voice all the characters. So stay with me here, the roles of the Looney Tunes is in fact split between a bunch of people nowadays, primarily Jeff Bergman, Bob Bergan, and the guy we know now, Eric Bauza. So before Bauza, Bergman primarily voiced Bugs, but he was able to do other characters as well. Bergan primarily voices Porky, and to my knowledge he still does him, but he also voices the other dudes. Bauza voices them all.

But then Space Jam 2 just ****s it all up. The casting for the Looney Tunes is baffling as hell. All three VAs are in the movie, but then they just... idk how to describe it. So Bergan who's been the voice of Porky since the 2000s, doesn't voice Porky at all, he only did Tweety. Bauza voices Bugs Bunny for one line (and it's the Big Chungus meme), and the rest of the movie it's Bergman. But then Bauza voices Porky, as well as the characters Bergan played in Space Jam 1. And then they got Zendaya voicing Lola and Speedy's being Gabriel Iglesias. And then Taz if voiced by none of them, instead he's voiced by Fred Tatasciore who's done the Taz voice for a while.

Like I get that's there's casting schedueles and all that but I am just baffled on how they divided this all up, what are the rules here, Space Jam 2 is breaking my brain.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Frollo's death gotta be up there, for me, it's a gruesome death when you think about it. Straight up animated him splatting into the lava as well.

Mother Gothel's is also metal as heck, literally aged herself to own death. that's hardcore imo.

Edit: Also the dude from the Princess and the Frog, getting dragged straight to hell one hell of a way to go out

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Frollo's death gotta be up there, for me, it's a gruesome death when you think about it. Straight up animated him splatting into the lava as well.

Mother Gothel's is also metal as heck, literally aged herself to own death. that's hardcore imo
"And He shall smite the wicked, and send them plunging into the fire!"

Well, he was right.

Top Bottom