• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YTP Lawl Brawl: A YouTube Poop-themed Platform Fighter! (Looking for a New Host)

Should YTP Lawl Brawl Be Rebooted?

• YES! YES!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • NO!!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
O RLY?

We could make him a gimmicky fighter who has a bunch of different counters as his specials

A stage for the Nostalgia Critic: The White Void

It's a flat walkoff. Too boring for casual players, too walkoffy for competitive players, nobody's happy - just like how a Nostalgia Critic review isn't funny enough for people looking for comedy and isn't insightful enough for people looking for analysis!

1. The Review Must Go On
  2. The Show Must Go On
  3. Santa Christ Theme (probably has swears, I'm not listening to the whole thing)
  4. The Real Chipmunks Movie (probably also has swears)
  5. Classic Nostalgia Critic Ambience

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
A stage for the Nostalgia Critic: The White Void

It's a flat walkoff. Too boring for casual players, too walkoffy for competitive players, nobody's happy - just like how a Nostalgia Critic review isn't funny enough for people looking for comedy and isn't insightful enough for people looking for analysis!

will add songs
I'm surprised people even voted for him (no offence to anyone who did). I only submitted him because I was low on ideas.

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
Job #15:
  • Hotel Mario - Opening Cutscene
  • Hotel Mario - Main Theme
  • Hotel Mario - Morton's Wood Door Hysteria
  • Hotel Mario - Larry's Chillton Hotel
  • Hotel Mario - Lemmy's High-ate Regency
  • Hotel Mario - Reading a Letter
  • Hotel Mario - Credits
  • Hotel Mario - Main Theme (Smash Ultimate remix)
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show - Do the Mario
  • YTPMV - Big Beat Mario
  • Mario Gangsta Rap
  • Warp to World 6-9
  • Ambassadors of Funk - Supermarioland

THE KINGdom, his ride from Subspace Emissary. It pursues the Halberd on a wild goose chase. Zelda enemies will spawn out of nowhere and try to knock players off; like Big Blue, hitting the ground results in death.

FNaF 1's Office. The animatronics will try getting in, insta-killing everyone with a screen wide jumpscare if they succeed. Doors and lights can be used to trap and stun them and the unluckiest of players. If the power goes out and Freddy is being used, then the rest of the fight is spent in darkness.
  • FNaF 1 - Toreador March
  • FNaF 1 - Circus (Golden Mix)
  • FNaF World - Stone Cold
  • The Living Tombstone - Five Nights at Freddy's
  • The Living Tombstone - It's Been So Long
  • The Living Tombstone - Die in a Fire
  • DAGames - I am the Purple Guy
  • Peter is Electric Man Vocoded to the FNaF 1 song
  • YTPMV - Morshu sings It's Been So Long
  • Spider-Man 2 - Pizza Time

Unlike the Lawl stage, players spawn in mid-air, falling for three to six hours (it varies each time) until they land on a skull raft (which is only big enough for two), which then topples off the lava waterfall and onto the ground, where they must fend off some hungry dinosaurs.
  • Super Mario World - Athletic Theme (PAL version)
  • Super Mario World - Ending
  • Super Mario World Cartoon - Theme Song
  • Super Mario World Cartoon - Looking for You
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Sad Song
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Athletic
  • Super Mario Sunshine - A Secret Course (Anniversary Edition)
  • Super Mario 64 - Slide
  • 7 Grand Dad - Title Theme
  • YTPMV - Weegee (90's remix)
  • Scatman John - Scatman's World 8-bit

The SSF2 version of Planet Namek. If Vegeta is used, then his cameo is substituted for Cell/Shoop Da Whoop.

The stages from Lawl Nova and Classic.
  • Donkey Kong 64 - DK Rap
  • Brentalfloss - DK Rap 2018
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - 1st Floor
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Bramble Blast
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Main Theme (Extended)
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Main Theme (French)
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Barrel Chase
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - I'm Gonna Be A Star
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Diddy Drop Rap
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Stronger Than A Golden Banana
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - The Curse of the Golden Banana
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - King K. Rool's Finest Hour
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - No One's Gonna Make a Monkey Out of Me
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - One of Us
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - I Like Evil
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Watch the Skies
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Be Bad
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Spellbound
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Pirate's Scorn
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - The Mirror Never Lies
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Metal Head
  • Buckner & Garcia - Do the Donkey Kong
  • Queen - We Will Rock You (because Pixels)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day - Rock Solid

I would add more songs, but I'm not in the mood right now.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #14:

The roster is almost full to capacity, so it’s now or never to give him another shot.
Yeah, I honestly should've just automatically included him back when he was submitted for Job #1. I actually do plan to address the roster size issue once we've got all 36 spots filled.

Job #14 - Dr. Octogonapus (The Lazer Collection)

Oh my god, it's Alfred Molina! Created by Dominic Fera, The Lazer Collection is a series of animations made to capitalize on the Shoop da Woop/"I"M A' FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!" meme - and by capitalize, I mean lazer it into the ground, bring it back, and then lazer it some more. Dr. Octogonapus (a clear parody of the Spider-Man villain Dr. Octopus) is a recurring character throughout these animations, popping up randomly to blast people with lazers.
Lazer Collection 3 is framed around a rookie detective investigating the deaths caused by Dr. Octogonapus' lazers, and in his pursuit of the beam-blasting doctor he comes to a shocking revalation: he's actually Dr. Octogonapus' son!

Overall, he'd be a good representative for both early YouTube animations and one of the most iconic classic Internet memes. It helps that the Lazer meme actually does have some prominence in early YouTube Poops and YTPMVs.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #15:
  • Hotel Mario - Opening Cutscene
  • Hotel Mario - Main Theme
  • Hotel Mario - Morton's Wood Door Hysteria
  • Hotel Mario - Larry's Chillton Hotel
  • Hotel Mario - Lemmy's High-ate Regency
  • Hotel Mario - Reading a Letter
  • Hotel Mario - Credits
  • Hotel Mario - Main Theme (Smash Ultimate remix)
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show - Do the Mario
  • YTPMV - Big Beat Mario
  • Mario Gangsta Rap
  • Warp to World 6-9
  • Ambassadors of Funk - Supermarioland

THE KINGdom, his ride from Subspace Emissary. It pursues the Halberd on a wild goose chase. Zelda enemies will spawn out of nowhere and try to knock players off; like Big Blue, hitting the ground results in death.

FNaF 1's Office. The animatronics will try getting in, insta-killing everyone with a screen wide jumpscare if they succeed. Doors and lights can be used to trap and stun them and the unluckiest of players. If the power goes out and Freddy is being used, then the rest of the fight is spent in darkness.
  • FNaF 1 - Toreador March
  • FNaF 1 - Circus (Golden Mix)
  • FNaF World - Stone Cold
  • The Living Tombstone - Five Nights at Freddy's
  • The Living Tombstone - It's Been So Long
  • The Living Tombstone - Die in a Fire
  • DAGames - I am the Purple Guy
  • Peter is Electric Man Vocoded to the FNaF 1 song
  • YTPMV - Morshu sings It's Been So Long
  • Spider-Man 2 - Pizza Time

Unlike the Lawl stage, players spawn in mid-air, falling for three to six hours (it varies each time) until they land on a skull raft (which is only big enough for two), which then topples off the lava waterfall and onto the ground, where they must fend off some hungry dinosaurs.
  • Super Mario World - Athletic Theme (PAL version)
  • Super Mario World - Ending
  • Super Mario World Cartoon - Theme Song
  • Super Mario World Cartoon - Looking for You
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Sad Song
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Athletic
  • Super Mario Sunshine - A Secret Course (Anniversary Edition)
  • Super Mario 64 - Slide
  • 7 Grand Dad - Title Theme
  • YTPMV - Weegee (90's remix)
  • Scatman John - Scatman's World 8-bit

The SSF2 version of Planet Namek. If Vegeta is used, then his cameo is substituted for Cell/Shoop Da Whoop.

The stages from Lawl Nova and Classic.
  • Donkey Kong 64 - DK Rap
  • Brentalfloss - DK Rap 2018
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - 1st Floor
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Bramble Blast
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Main Theme (Extended)
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Main Theme (French)
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Barrel Chase
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - I'm Gonna Be A Star
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Diddy Drop Rap
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Stronger Than A Golden Banana
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - The Curse of the Golden Banana
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - King K. Rool's Finest Hour
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - No One's Gonna Make a Monkey Out of Me
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - One of Us
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - I Like Evil
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Watch the Skies
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Be Bad
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Spellbound
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Pirate's Scorn
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - The Mirror Never Lies
  • Donkey Kong Country Cartoon - Metal Head
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day - Rock Solid

I would add more songs, but I'm not in the mood right now.
...in hindsight, I maybe shouldn't have used plural language with Job #15's title and then automatically assumed that others would know it was a single-submission job. Other than that, we've got some interesting stage ideas here! Let's go over each of these in reverse order...

The Vegeta, Donkey Kong, and AVGN stages are getting in right away, though with the latter two we're going to be using their canon names (Cranky's Cabin and The Nerd Room, respectively). Also, the layout of the AVGN stage would be reworked to better fit a platform fighting game.

The Mama Luigi and Freddy Fazbear stages are great concepts, but with some questionable execution. For example, in Lava Pit, when it starts with the fighters falling for hours, does it mean for literal real-life hours, or does it just feel like hours? Still, it's nothing that would get in the way of their inclusion.

The King Harkinian stage feels like too specific a reference for one of the reigning faces of YouTube Poop. I get that it's a reference to the original Smash Bros. Lawl, but I feel that the King deserves a more iconic landmark to YouTube Poop as a whole. Something like...

Job #15a - Ludwig's Castle Hotel Hyrule Castle (Zelda CD-i)

The home palace of the King himself. Characters would fight atop the roof similar to the Hyrule Castle in Smash 64, though the layout would be slightly different and there wouldn't be those gusts of wind. Instead, it would have a different stage hazard in the form of Duke Onkled, who, as punishment for betraying the King to Ganon, must scrub all the floors in Hyrule! And that's exactly what he'll be doing here, creating slip traps for fighters similar to the Banana Peels introduced in Brawl (about 2 or 3 at maximum, at 20-30 second intervals. Fighters can attack him to get him to leave early).

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
I’ll be honest, I was a bit sh*tposty with the stages (and should have done a better job reading too).

For the Mama Luigi stage, that part was sarcasm, I probably should have said that it would just feel like hours.

I get your reasoning for not including The King’s stage, I let my creativity get in the way of something more fitting, same can be said for Freddy’s Pizza (though I think the power out mechanic would be funny).

Cranky’s Cabin, Planet Namek and AVGN’s Room being recycled was because I didn’t have any good ideas for them.

I’ll try better next time.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
It's quite all right. Actually, I think having multiple submissions for Job #15 might be a good way to fill out the stage roster, though from this point forward it'll be a maximum of 3 stages per user.

I could probably still include the FNaF Security Room stage idea, albeit with the jumpscare hazard reworked so that it simply stuns and damages all players, similar to the Gamer stage in Smash 4 (though in this case, it would insta-kill if the fighter had taken enough damage). Also, it probably might not be FNaF 1's security room specifically, as using the security rooms of later games in the series ups the potential for cameos from those game's animatronics... though at the same time, I see how that could potentially complicate the mechanics of avoiding the jumpscare hazard. I think for now I'll benchmark the FNaF stage idea for a future job, just like AlteredBeast's idea for a Hotel Mario stage back in Job #4.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Just updated Job #15, so I figured I should quote the Job #14 and Job #15 announcement so that everyone on this page can see it.
Job #14 - Submit a 2000s Internet Meme Character
Okay, real talk here, I feel that the Dancing Banana sticks out like a sore thumb on this roster. Like, I get that he's an important part of classic Internet meme culture (the same culture that YouTube Poop itself spawned from), but he just doesn't seem all that relevant to YouTube Poop specifically. Still, he was voted on the roster fair and square, and I stand by that decision, so I figured - why not add a few more retro internet memes to further justify the Banana's inclusion? For this job, submit characters representing Internet memes from the 2000s (particularly ones that have a significant presence in YouTube Poops)!

Job #15 - Submit Stages for Fighters
Looking at the stages we've got so far, I think we might be able to do what Super Smash Bros. Melee's All-Star Mode did and have a stage to represent each fighter on the roster (plus some extra, of course). So for this job, the goal is to do just that! Bear in mind, though, that the following fighters already have stage representation (and are thus ineligible for this job):
  • Fat Mario - Mushroom Kingdom​
  • Morshu - Morshu's Shop​
  • I.M. Meen - I.M. Meen's Labyrinth​
  • Dr. Robotnik - Robotnik's Lair​
Other than that, feel free to come up with stage ideas that best suit the fighter of your choice! And as with Job #4, make sure to detail your stage's layout, gimmicks, hazards, and music!

Job #15 Update: Fighter representation stages don't specifically have to come from the fighter's source (although it is encouraged) - they just have to be thematically fitting for the fighter in question. Also, there is a maximum of 3 stage submissions per user.
Also, here's the list of fighters and stages so far.
FIGHTERS
  1. Dr. Robotnik (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, submitted by me)
  2. Sonic (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
  3. Knuckles (Sonic X, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  4. Fat Mario (Hotel Mario, submitted by me)
  5. Weegee (Mario is Missing, submitted by AlteredBeast)
  6. Mama Luigi (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, submitted by Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 )
  7. King Koopa (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  8. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by me)
  9. King Harkinian (Zelda: the Wand of Gamelon/Link: the Faces of Evil, submitted by me)
  10. Morshu (Link: the Faces of Evil, submitted by me)
  11. Gwonam (Link: the Faces of Evil, submitted by me)
  12. King Dedede (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  13. Reporter & Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven Fever, submitted by Baysha)
  14. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot, submitted by me)
  15. Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  16. Heavy Weapons Guy (Team Fortress 2, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  17. Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  18. I.M. Meen (I.M. Meen, submitted by me)
  19. Hungry Pumkin (Pumkin Land, submitted by me)
  20. Dancing Banana (Offtopic, submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
  21. Donald McDonald (McDonalds, submitted by FazDude)
  22. Dr. Rabbit (Colgate, submitted by me)
  23. Billy Mays (OxiClean, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  24. Phil Swift (Flex Seal, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  25. Jack Black (Sesame Street, submitted by me)
  26. Robbie Rotten (LazyTown, submitted by me)
  27. Mr. Krabs (Spongebob Squarepants, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  28. Spingebill (Spongebob YTPs, submitted by Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 )
  29. Skooks & Shag (The Misadventures of Skooks, submitted by me)
  30. Ed, Edd, & Eddy (Ed Edd n Eddy, submitted by Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 )
  31. Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  32. Nostalgia Critic (Channel Awesome, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  33. Angry Video Game Nerd (Cinemassacre, submitted by AlteredBeast)

STAGES
  1. YouTube (submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  2. Mushroom Kingdom (Hotel Mario, submitted by KneeOfJustice99) - Fat Mario's Stage
  3. Cranky's Cabin (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ) - Donkey Kong's Stage
  4. Morshu's Shop (Link: the Faces of Evil, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - Morshu's Stage
  5. Robotnik's Lair (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, submitted by FazDude) - Dr. Robotnik's Stage
  6. I.M. Meen's Labyrinth (I.M. Meen, submitted by me) - I.M. Meen's Stage
  7. Planet Namek (Dragon Ball Z, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ) - Vegeta's Stage
  8. The Nerd Room (Cinemassacre, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ) - AVGN's Stage

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Bully Maguire

Based on Spider Man 3's Venom transformation. He has memes and YTPs.

He would use powers from Spider Man and Venom in his attacks.

Robbie's Lair (Lazytown)

Robbie's Lair is a two-story stage. The floor is the first, containing a small pad where Robbie Rotten often sits. The balcony and costumes are the other floor, the balcony can only be reached by going up the stairs at the left side of the stage. Fighters can obtain the costumes from the pods which give them improved stats.

Music ideas:
Alestorm - You are a Pirate
LazyTown - You are a Pirate
LazyTown - We are Number One

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #15b - Altar of the Emeralds (Sonic X)

Knuckles' stage. The Master Emerald altar serves as the central platform, with pillars serving as side platforms. Every 30 seconds the Master Emerald in the center of the stage glows, and the first fighter to reach it gets a 15-second power and speed boost.

Job #15c - Pumpkin Hill (Sonic Adventure 2)

Hungry Pumkin's stage. Okay, I know this is kind of stretching the "1 stage per fighter" rules a bit, since Pumpkin Hill is normally associated with Knuckles the Echidna (and in fact, this was originally considered as an alternate Knuckles stage), but I couldn't come up with a good idea for a Pumkin Land stage, and I realized the pumpkin motifs used in this stage (it literally has "Pumpkin" in its name) would make it a good thematic fit for the Pumkin. Just like in Sonic Adventure 2, this stage consists of towers, spires, and other vertical structures, with a lot of emphasis on aerial mobility. Ghosts will occasionally pop out to stun the fighters.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, time to finish filling out the initial fighter roster! Here are the submissions for Job #14 - vote for your top 3!

Job #14 (Submit a 2000s Internet Meme Character):
Here are my own votes:
  1. Michael Rosen
  2. Leonidas
  3. Dr. Octogonapus
Moving on to the stage submissions for Job #15 (Submit Stages for Fighters), the following stages have been added!
  • Mama Luigi's Stage - Boiling Lava Pit (Super Mario World cartoon, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Donkey Kong's Stage - Cranky's Cabin (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Vegeta's Stage - Planet Namek (Dragon Ball Z, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • AVGN's Stage - The Nerd Room (Cinemassacre, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Nostalgia Critic's Stage - White Void Room/The Critic Room (Channel Awesome, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  • Robbie Rotten's Stage - Robbie's Lair (LazyTown, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • King Harkinian's Stage - Hyrule Castle (Zelda series, submitted by me)
  • Knuckles' Stage - Altar of the Emeralds (Sonic X, submitted by me)
  • Hungry Pumkin's Stage - Pumpkin Hill (Sonic Adventure 2, submitted by me)
Aside from the stages listed above, one other fighter has confirmed stage representation, though their specific stage has yet to be determined. The fighter in question is Freddy Fazbear (stage concept submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ), whose stage will incorporate a gimmick involving the impediment of the series' deadly animatronics, with the failure to do so resulting in fighters being damaged and stunned (and past a certain damage threshold, insta-killed) by the animatronics' jumpscares. The specific mechanics of said gimmick as well as the specific FNaF game the stage will be based on will be decided in a future job. And speaking of jobs...

Job #16 - Submit Items
Let's get some items into this game! Submit up to 3 items: these can be items from the Smash Bros. games or completely new items! Make sure to explain how your submitted items would function, as well as their source of origin (items with significance to YouTube Poop or Internet meme culture are highly encouraged). To give an example, here are my own submissions:
  • Lamp Oil (Link: the Faces of Evil / Zelda: the Wand of Gamelon): A throwable item that can either used to create a flammable slip trap (if it hits the ground) or increase the damage an opponent takes from fire attacks (if it hits an opponent). This item also pops up in Morshu's moveset, for obvious reasons.​
  • Super Leaf (Super Mario Bros. 3 / Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3): Works exactly like it does in the Smash Bros. games. I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL!​
  • Super Scope (Super Nintendo / Cinemassacre): Another item that works exactly like it does in the Smash Bros. games. Its inclusion was inspired by AVGN Episode 47 (NES Accessories), where it was one of the accessories featured.​

Job #17 - Submit Game Modes
What kind of modes should this game have? Submit up to 2 ideas for modes that would suit this game! Here are mine:
  • Classic Mode: This one's a no-brainer. The structure would be similar to the Classic Mode in 64 and Melee.​
  • All-Star Mode: Another no-brainer. This would be based on the one in Melee, which is where the fighter-linked stages come into play.​
Submissions for Job #15 will continue until voting for Job #14 has ended, so be sure to submit your fighter stage ideas if you haven't yet!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, time to finish filling out the initial fighter roster! Here are the submissions for Job #14 - vote for your top 3!

Here are my own votes:
  1. Michael Rosen
  2. Leonidas
  3. Dr. Octogonapus
Moving on to the stage submissions for Job #15 (Submit Stages for Fighters), the following stages have been added!
  • Mama Luigi's Stage - Boiling Lava Pit (Super Mario World cartoon, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Donkey Kong's Stage - Cranky's Cabin (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Vegeta's Stage - Planet Namek (Dragon Ball Z, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • AVGN's Stage - The Nerd Room (Cinemassacre, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Nostalgia Critic's Stage - White Void Room/The Critic Room (Channel Awesome, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  • Robbie Rotten's Stage - Robbie's Lair (LazyTown, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • King Harkinian's Stage - Hyrule Castle (Zelda series, submitted by me)
  • Knuckles' Stage - Altar of the Emeralds (Sonic X, submitted by me)
  • Hungry Pumkin's Stage - Pumpkin Hill (Sonic Adventure 2, submitted by me)
Aside from the stages listed above, one other fighter has confirmed stage representation, though their specific stage has yet to be determined. The fighter in question is Freddy Fazbear (stage concept submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ), whose stage will incorporate a gimmick involving the impediment of the series' deadly animatronics, with the failure to do so resulting in fighters being damaged and stunned (and past a certain damage threshold, insta-killed) by the animatronics' jumpscares. The specific mechanics of said gimmick as well as the specific FNaF game the stage will be based on will be decided in a future job. And speaking of jobs...

Job #16 - Submit Items
Let's get some items into this game! Submit up to 3 items: these can be items from the Smash Bros. games or completely new items! Make sure to explain how your submitted items would function, as well as their source of origin (items with significance to YouTube Poop or Internet meme culture are highly encouraged). To give an example, here are my own submissions:
  • Lamp Oil (Link: the Faces of Evil / Zelda: the Wand of Gamelon): A throwable item that can either used to create a flammable slip trap (if it hits the ground) or increase the damage an opponent takes from fire attacks (if it hits an opponent). This item also pops up in Morshu's moveset, for obvious reasons.​
  • Super Leaf (Super Mario Bros. 3 / Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3): Works exactly like it does in the Smash Bros. games. I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL!​
  • Super Scope (Super Nintendo / Cinemassacre): Another item that works exactly like it does in the Smash Bros. games. Its inclusion was inspired by AVGN Episode 47 (NES Accessories), where it was one of the accessories featured.​

Job #17 - Submit Game Modes
What kind of modes should this game have? Submit up to 2 ideas for modes that would suit this game! Here are mine:
  • Classic Mode: This one's a no-brainer. The structure would be similar to the Classic Mode in 64 and Melee.​
  • All-Star Mode: Another no-brainer. This would be based on the one in Melee, which is where the fighter-linked stages come into play.​
Submissions for Job #15 will continue until voting for Job #14 has ended, so be sure to submit your fighter stage ideas if you haven't yet!
Reminder to vote/submit for these jobs if you haven't already done so!

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Rosen
2. Leonidas
3. Maguire

Senzu Beans (Dragon Ball Z): Heals and increases the damage done by attacks
Sugar Apples (Lazy Town): Weakens the damage done by attacks

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Octogonapus
Leonidas
Michael Rosen

Job #17 - Story Mode: Even some YTPs have narratives that go by. So why not a story featuring all sort of YTP characters teaming up? It could just by a simple story like getting a trophy or something.

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
Job #16:

Mine Turtle from asdfmovie. It says “Hello!” upon spawning and remains stationary until someone steps on it.

The Aggresive Pizza from Jimmy Neutron Happy Family Happy Hour. If thrown at an opponent with 100% or more damage, it results in an OHKO. Both ideas are borrowed from Lawl Nova.

In case Ruby Spears Mega Man doesn’t make it, I’ll give him an item; the Shrink Ray can be used to downsize an opponent (just one, so as to not make it overpowered).

Job #17:
Arcade Mode (Ultimate’s Classic Mode under a different name) and Event Matches.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, before we get into the results for Job #14, let's go over the submissions for Job #16 and Job #17!

Job #16 (Submit Items):
  • Lamp Oil (Link: the Faces of Evil/Zelda: the Wand of Gamelon, submitted by me)
  • Super Leaf (Super Mario Bros. 3, submitted by me)
  • Super Scope (Super Nintendo, submitted by me)
  • Senzu Bean (Dragon Ball, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Sugar Apple (LazyTown, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Mine Turtle (asdfmovie, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Aggressive Pizza (Jimmy Neutron Happy Family Happy Hour, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Shrink Ray (Mega Man Ruby-Spears cartoon, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
Job #17 (Submit Game Modes):
Great submissions, everyone! I'm particularly impressed with TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter 's submission of items from sources that don't have fighter representation (yet)!

I've decided to make some adjustments to my own plans for Classic Mode, in order to further differentiate it from Arcade Mode. This game's Classic Mode will be a structural mix between Melee's (in terms of bonus stages) and 3DS/Wii U's (in terms of branching paths).

And so, with that out of the way, it's time to see the voting results for Job #14 (Submit a 2000s Internet Meme Character)!
We have a three-way tie between Michael Rosen, Dr. Octogonapus, and Bully Maguire! Now, normally this would be resolved by a tiebreaker vote, but I really don't want to risk any of these submissions getting left off the roster this time (especially since this already happened to Michael Rosen back with the Job #1 tiebreaker), so they along with Leonidas will all be making it onto the roster!

1683641964693.png

With that, we have 37 characters on the roster! For those of you who've noticed that this exceeds the established roster size of 36, that leads right into my next point...

Discussion #1 - Expanding the Roster
I feel like we're missing fighter representation for some very important YouTube Poop sources with the roster as is, particularly from anime, animated movies, and other sources not covered by any of the previous fighter submission jobs. Which wouldn't really be too big of a problem, were it not for the fact that the roster at its current size is now full. Now, I obviously don't intend to remove any characters that have already made it onto the roster, as I feel they're all significant enough to the history and culture of YouTube Poops and Internet memes to warrant their inclusion. So instead, I would like to expand the size of the fighter roster itself - consider this a free Expansion Pass for the game. Now, I understand some people might be averse to the idea of dramatically expanding the roster, as the current roster size was fairly voted upon in Job #2, so I'm going to be starting small - the fighter roster will be expanded to 40, and the number of stages will concurrently be expanded to 46 (in order to keep space open for stages that aren't used as home stages for fighters). In the meantime, please share your opinions as to how much further the roster should expand, or even if it should expand further at all. As for who will fill up the remaining 3 fighter slots in this initial expansion...

Job #18 - Submit a Previously Submitted Fighter
For this next job, we're going to give a second chance to fighter submissions from previous jobs that failed to make it in! To make this job a bit more interesting, I'm implementing a special rule: users cannot submit fighters that they themselves have previously submitted, only ones that other users have submitted. With that in mind, here are the eligible candidates for submission, in order of the jobs they were originally submitted for!

Job #6 (Submit a Mario Character):
Job #7 (Submit a Sonic Character):
Job #8 (Submit a YouTuber):
Job #9 (Submit an Advertisement Character):
  • Lego Rescue Copter Pilots (Lego City, submitted by AlteredBeast)
  • Crazy Bruce (submitted by KneeOfJustice99)
  • Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid/Domino's Pizza, submitted by me)
Job #10 (Submit a Nickelodeon Character):
Job #11 (Submit a Cartoon Network Character):

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #18 - RayWilliamJohnson (=3)
Job #08: RayWilliamJohnson

What's happening, forum? After spending 10 years doing your mom (THAT'S JUST... INSULTING!), the iconic meme reviewer (and meme in his own right) seems like a pretty reasonable choice. Also, it'd be funny if every single one of his animations had the record scratch effect

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #15b - Altar of the Emeralds (Sonic X)

Knuckles' stage. The Master Emerald altar serves as the central platform, with pillars serving as side platforms. Every 30 seconds the Master Emerald in the center of the stage glows, and the first fighter to reach it gets a 15-second power and speed boost.

Job #15c - Pumpkin Hill (Sonic Adventure 2)

Hungry Pumkin's stage. Okay, I know this is kind of stretching the "1 stage per fighter" rules a bit, since Pumpkin Hill is normally associated with Knuckles the Echidna (and in fact, this was originally considered as an alternate Knuckles stage), but I couldn't come up with a good idea for a Pumkin Land stage, and I realized the pumpkin motifs used in this stage (it literally has "Pumpkin" in its name) would make it a good thematic fit for the Pumkin. Just like in Sonic Adventure 2, this stage consists of towers, spires, and other vertical structures, with a lot of emphasis on aerial mobility. Ghosts will occasionally pop out to stun the fighters.

Okay, a bit of an addendum to my Job #15 submission: after some consideration, I've decided to drop one of the two stages I've submitted in this quote and make the remaining one Knuckles' home stage. I've set up a StrawPoll to decide which of the two stages gets to stay: Job #15 Addendum: Knuckles' Stage - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
The results of the poll will be announced with those of Job #18, as will the replacement stage for whichever one gets cut.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it's time to announce the submissions for Job #18 (Submit a Previously Submitted Character)!
Just like with Job #12 and Job #13, we have a situation where the number of submissions equals the number of available roster spots for this job, so all submissions get in by default!

1683644256478.png

The poll to decide Knuckles' stage will continue for now, but will close tomorrow at 12:00 PM. If you haven't voted on it yet, now would be the time to do so!

And speaking of stages, the replacement stage for whichever Knuckles stage is dropped has been decided!

2Fort (Team Fortress 2)

This iconic map from the Team Fortress series serves as the home stage for the Heavy Weapons Guy. Just like in the games, this stage is more-or-less symmetrical in its layout, with the central bridge area being the main area for combat (the bridge's cover serves as a platform). The buildings to each side of the bridge can be entered (a la the Tomodachi Life stage in Smash Bros. for 3DS), with the floors and roof serving as additional platforms.

The next jobs will be announced alongside the results of the Knuckles stage poll!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, time for the results of the Job #15 Addendum poll!
  • Altar of the Emeralds: 0 votes
  • Pumpkin Hill: 2 votes
Pumpkin Hill has been decided as Knuckles' stage! Admittedly, it wasn't much of a vote, as only two people (myself included) participated in the poll. But with that in mind, I have an important announcement to make regarding the future of this thread:

I'm considering rebooting this project.

When I started this thread, my plans for YTP Lawl Brawl were far larger and more ambitious than the project itself ended up being. My mindset regarding the scale of this project never fully went away, though, which is why I kept pushing to include large amounts of content at once despite the limited space for fighters and stages that I had to work with. I realize now that that was a mistake on my part, and it may have killed interest in the thread due to rushing through the project. I also feel that my initial decision to make it a Smash Bros. clone in terms of gameplay undervalued the potential that the concept of a YouTube Poop-based fighting game (or even a fighting game based on Internet memes in general) has, and limited the direction that the project could go in even before the first job was posted. These are mistakes I would like to avoid in future game design threads, and this thread's project in particular is one I feel would greatly benefit from being reworked and refined from the ground up.

That said, I don't want to let the contributions that have already been made to this project go to waste, especially since a lot of the submissions provided (particularly for fighters) were honestly really creative and well-researched. So I've established a poll to determine whether we should stick with the project as is or reboot it into a new thread. In the meantime, please provide your feedback as to how I can improve my game design threads going forward, including this one should we decide to stick with it. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
I'm considering rebooting this project.

When I started this thread, my plans for YTP Lawl Brawl were far larger and more ambitious than the project itself ended up being. My mindset regarding the scale of this project never fully went away, though, which is why I kept pushing to include large amounts of content at once despite the limited space for fighters and stages that I had to work with. I realize now that that was a mistake on my part, and it may have killed interest in the thread due to rushing through the project. I also feel that my initial decision to make it a Smash Bros. clone in terms of gameplay undervalued the potential that the concept of a YouTube Poop-based fighting game (or even a fighting game based on Internet memes in general) has, and limited the direction that the project could go in even before the first job was posted. These are mistakes I would like to avoid in future game design threads, and this thread's project in particular is one I feel would greatly benefit from being reworked and refined from the ground up.

That said, I don't want to let the contributions that have already been made to this project go to waste, especially since a lot of the submissions provided (particularly for fighters) were honestly really creative and well-researched. So I've established a poll to determine whether we should stick with the project as is or reboot it into a new thread. In the meantime, please provide your feedback as to how I can improve my game design threads going forward, including this one should we decide to stick with it. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!
From the looks of the poll so far, public opinion seems to be in favor of this thread continuing, which isn't surprising at all given all the effort and submissions that have gone into this project already. But after some more thought on the issue, I've come to the conclusion that I'm no longer getting any real enjoyment or satisfaction from continuing this project as is and would rather start fresh.

That said, I am willing to transfer ownership of YTP Lawl Brawl to anyone who's interested in continuing the project with the work done on it so far. Please let me know if you'd like to take over the project.

For those curious about my new planned concept for a YouTube Poop fighting game, I've provided a link to it here:
Smashboards Creates: A YouTube Poop Fighting Game! | Smashboards

I would like to give my sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to YTP Lawl Brawl thus far, and I hope to work with you again in my next thread!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of the poll so far, public opinion seems to be in favor of this thread continuing, which isn't surprising at all given all the effort and submissions that have gone into this project already. But after some more thought on the issue, I've come to the conclusion that I'm no longer getting any real enjoyment or satisfaction from continuing this project as is and would rather start fresh.

That said, I am willing to transfer ownership of YTP Lawl Brawl to anyone who's interested in continuing the project with the work done on it so far. Please let me know if you'd like to take over the project.

For those curious about my new planned concept for a YouTube Poop fighting game, I've provided a link to it here:
Smashboards Creates: A YouTube Poop Fighting Game! | Smashboards

I would like to give my sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to YTP Lawl Brawl thus far, and I hope to work with you again in my next thread!
After a few days away from this thread, I realize that my decision to move away from this project was too hasty, as there's still so much that can be done with it. I was a bit too eager to jump into my new plans for a YouTube Poop fighting game, and failed to fully consider that the audience for this thread might not have been as willing as I was, especially if it meant leaving this project behind.

Fortunately, now that it has been decided that my new YTP fighting game thread will be heading in a different direction from the Smash Bros. gameplay formula, I feel that the two threads can safely coexist with each other. I'm still not entirely sure about running two threads at once, though, so I've established a StrawPoll to decide if I should run both threads or if I should hand the reins of YTP Lawl Brawl to another user while I run my current project (or if YTP Lawl Brawl should just be retired at this point - not an option that I'd prefer, but I figured that I should cover all my bases).
How should YTP Lawl Brawl move forward? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Please let me know your thoughts on the matter. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here are the results of the YTP Lawl Brawl ownership poll!
  • Lawl Brawl continuing under my ownership - 1 vote
  • Lawl Brawl transfering ownership to another user - 3 votes
  • Lawl Brawl retiring - 0 votes
It looks like YTP Lawl Brawl will continue under another user! Honestly, I feel this is the best way for this project to move forward, as it allows me to focus on other projects that I'm currently invested in, while still ensuring that the work already put into this project won't go to waste.

That still begs the question of who'll take the project's reins, though. Thus far TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter has expressed interest in doing so, so he's probably the user I'm going to go with. Still, if anyone else is interested, please speak up about it!

As for me, I'd still like to contribute to this project in some way even if it's not in as active of a role, so you can expect me to continue making submissions and votes for YTP Lawl Brawl's jobs. If you're interested in checking out the YTP fighting game creation thread I'm currently running, here's a link:

Once again, thank you to those who've contributed to this project, and I hope to continue working with you in the future!

Top Bottom