• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Warriors REBOOT - Sacred Swords

Would you rather continue this thread or move on to something else

• Continue the thread

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Move on

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Of the many MANY threads I made, Pokemon Warriors, AKA Legends Regigigas seemed to be my most successful, thanks in no small part to people like Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 . But as I look back I feel like that thread had some missed potential in some areas. Considering I never had a successful thread up until that point I made the thread somewhat repetitive in structure and I sort of made it up as I went on. So in the process, the thread became somewhat disorganized in the end, so with some new additions to Pokemon and some new experience, I decided to reboot this thread.

pmwiki-1.png

"In a time long forgotten, legends speak of a region called the Minas Region. A realm of sprawling wilderness, large mountain ranges, and, most importantly, burgeoning civilizations. The people of these civilizations aren't humans but rather Pokemon. Each Pokemon is associated with several elemental affinities or "types" and they use these affinities to work day by day as a working citizen. In the North there are the people of the Cobal Republic who believe in order and security. In the South there are the people of the Colonies of Viriz who believe in peace and being good stewards of nature. In the East are the people of the Terrak Empire who believe in that everyone should be free to do what they wan't if they don't hurt anyone. And in the West is the Kel Dynasty, who believe that there shouldn't be any restrictions on life and everyone should express themselves in art. These four factions are called collectively as "The Land of Swords", and the lords of each faction believe they are the disciple of a legendary Pokemon warrior who directed their people to create a nation out of that Pokemon's beliefs. These conflicting beliefs caused these four factions to become uneasy with each other, and soon these nations will form a powderkeg that will erupt into a warzone that may shatter the Minas Region."

The goal of this thread is to create a universe featuring a world inhabited by solely Pokemon like in the mystery dungeons games and put them in a world of warfare. Like Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors before it this game will be a crossover with the hugely popular Dynasty Warriors series. As the thread goes on, I hope we can develop a world featuring the melding of these two franchises.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Pikachu (Electric) (Moveset)
  • Pikachu Libre
Charizard (Fire/Flying)
  • Armor Attire
Lucario (Steel/Fighting)
  • Ruins Attire
Greninja (Water/Dark) (Moveset)
  • Ash-Greninja
Golurk (Ground/Ghost) (Moveset)
Decidueye (Grass/Ghost) (Moveset)
  • Ninja Attire
Hisuian Lilligant (Grass/Fighting)
  • Autumn Attire
Slaking (Normal) (Moveset)
Vespiquen (Bug/Flying)
Archeops (Rock/Flying)
Salazzle (Poison/Fire) (Moveset)
Sneasel (Dark/Ice)
Nihilego (Rock/Poison)
Metagross (Steel/Psychic)

Pichu
Charmander
Riolu
Froakie
Gollem
Rowlet
Petilil
Cacnea
Ratatta
Zubat
Paras
Slakoth
Combee
Archen
Rhydon
Salandit
Moongus
Metang

Parasect (Battle)
Tauros (Battle)
Rhyperior (Battle)
Amoonguss (Battle)
Ninjask (Battle)
Galarian Stunfisk (Battle)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This is for use later

Kel Dynasty:
Valleytown (Capital) (Layout)
The Colonies of Viriz:
Skybirch Valley (Capital) (Layout}

Cobal Republic:
Cresthaven (Capital) (Layout)

Terrak Empire:
Kion (Capital) (Layout)

Some important templates:

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Pokemon:

Minas Pokedex Entry:

Regular Attacks
Dash Attack: (The attack used when dashing)

Combo Strings (Alter as necessary - the character can have up to 8 Y-attacks in a string of button presses, the Y attacks are weaker but continue the combo while the X attacks are stronger but end the combo after use.)
(These are the types of possible combos you can do)
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y:
Y-X:
Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X:

Special Attacks
Weak Point Smash (Special Moves used against boss or Elite enemies when weakened):
Ground Meter Attack (X on ground): (The super attack this Pokemon has, does big damage, this one is triggered on the ground)
Air Meter Attack (X in air): (The super attack this Pokemon has, does big damage, this one is triggered on the ground)
Unique Action (ZR) (A gimmick or special power this particular character has such as Toxicitry's Amped and Low Key Forms):

Other Info
General Playstyle/Archetype: (How would you picture this Pokemon to play as, what strengths and weaknesses does this Pokemon have in the battlefield.)

Status Effects:
Each Pokemon can cause a series of status effects to occur, some effects like poison and confusion can stack but others like burn and freeze and overright each other:

Poison and Bad Poison:
Poison deals slow damage over time, Bad Poison deals damage at a faster rate. Steel types are immune to this.

Confusion:
If it affects the player, it causes their controls to become scrambled, if it happens to a enemy it causes them to misfire their attacks.

Charmed:
Charmed players wont attack the enemy that charmed then and charmed enemies will fight for the player.

Sleep:
Immobilizes the target and causes them to sleep, they wake up automatically or when hit with a strong attack.

Drowsy:
Causes the afflicted to become slower in movement and attack speed.

Paralyses:
Randomly stops the afflicted in the middles of an attack, the stronger the attack the more likely to get stunned.

Burn:
Causes medium damage over time and weakens melee based attacks such as punches and kicks, overwrites Freeze and Frostbite and can be cured by entering a body of water.

Heatstroke:
Blures vision and can suddenly remove health, needs contact with water to cure.

Freeze:
The afflicted in immobilized in a block of ice, lasts quite a while, the rarest status effect only resevrved for dangerous attacks.

Frostbite:
Causes medium damage over time and weakens energy based attacks such as fireballs and laser blasts, overwrites Burns and can be cured by entering a hot spring.

Weather:
On some occasions the battlefield will be aflicted with one of many weather effects which change certain aspects of the battlefield.

Light and Heavy Rain:
Under light rain Poison and Burns will cure quicker, the same applies to heavy rain with the additional effects of water bodies slowly growing in size and slightly blurring vision.

High and Heavy Sun:
Bodies of water will shrink under high sun as well as cure freezing and frostbite quicker, heavy sun however, also brings a chance of causing heatstroke under heavily exposed terrain.

Strong Winds and Sandstorms:
Strong winds cause flying Pokemon to become slower and sandstorms cause tiny damage over time in open spaces. The damage caused by sandstroms doubles on flying Pokemon.

Blizzards:
The draw distance is significantly reduced and you take small damage over time

Flying Pokemon:
Some Pokemon are capable of flight, either as an action they can do or as their normal mode of transport. Flying Pokemon obviosly are able to fly over bodies of water and large gaps. They can also fly up to high areas such as towers, meaning they are the best at mobility. However flying Pokemon also take more damage from ranged attacks and sandstorms, they are also more likely to become paralyzed.

Water Bodies and Swimming:
There are bodies of water that can be swimmed in such as rivers and lakes, should the Pokemon's type be weak to Water they take damage over time. Water types and Pokemon whose types are strong against Water are able to dash in water for faster transport. Certain bodies of water could be cold which can cure burns and heatstroke but may cause frostbite if in for too long. Some bodies are warm which can cure frostbite but can also cause heatstroke if left in for too long. Or polluted which causes poison to anyone who gets it but can heal Poison type Pokemon.

Fire Arrow Charm (Effects)
Coffee Charm (Effects)
Overcharge Charm (Effects)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1
Submit a playable Pokemon
This is easy, submit any Pokemon you like as long as it's not a joke Pokemon like Magikarp, isn't a starter Pokemon, or a legendary/mythical. Describe how they might play and why they should be included.

Job 2
Submit a Legendary Pokemon group to become the boxart legendaries
In the last thread Regigigas was the boxart legendary, but to better fit the "Dynasty" part of the Dynasty Warriros crossover I was thinking of having a whole group of legendaries become the shared mascots, and in-universe each legendary would be associated with a warring faction in-universe. Each legendary, by proxy, will war with the other legendaries creating a calamity that would trigger the plot. Submit a legendary trio or quartet (not duo) and submit what the faction who follow their specific legendary believes in, as long as said factions is not an evil group as morally grey characters are always a plus.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Eevee (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Playable Character
Eevee
An iconic Pokemon on par with Pikachu for popularity. Eevee would use elements from all the eeveelutions in their moveset.
If the Tapus had Another Form | Pokémon Amino

The Four Tapus
The Tapu Quartet is made up in order Tapu Koko, Lele, Bulu, and Fini, who in canon were the island gaurdians of the Alolah Region. They had a rocky relationship with humans and were often both bringers of great catastrophe and fertility. Here they are similar; being the four embodiments of the cardinal directions, they have their own domains, each with a faction to call them home. And each faction also fights under their tapu and against the other factions.

Koko's faction in the south is all about being ambitious, priding themselves on might and power, however some are too ambitious and those are responsible for some truly shocking atrocities.

Lele's faction in the west is known for being ornate, being all about traditions and grand festivals. They pride themselves on being remenistantes of the past, but some would rather be in the past, becoming dangerous terrorists who want to take the world into a simpler time.

Bulu's faction in the east is known for being industrial, the natural resources the guardians bless them for profit and energy, the constant mining and farming, however could lead to pollution and other ecological disasters.

Finis faction in the north is known for being spiritual, using magic and rituals to give offerings to the gods to give their blessings, but some pratitioners have often gone so far as to perform forbidden incantations.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #1:
Pokemon Name: Golurk
Generation: V
Pokedex Number: #623
Typing: Ground/Ghost

An archetype we don't really have as of yet relates specifically to the tank, a character able to dish out massive AoE damage as well as having high quantities of health, allowing it to effectively take opponents on with surprisingly effective power. If we were looking for a character to fill this role, as well as continuing a running joke from the previous thread, Golurk feels like a very solid choice.

Aside from using moves we've seen in the mainline games, Golurk is interesting due to the presence of a lot of abilities in alternative canon. Whether that be their ability to retract their legs into their body and become a stone rocket, or even being able to become an exceptionally powerful cannon and firing energy beams, Golurk has a massive amount of potential in terms of moveset variety even aside from the interesting dual typing of Ground and Ghost.

Not only this, but Golurk is in an interesting spot in terms of lore too. Their nature as one of the older Pokemon out there, used by ancient civilisations to protect cities, would allow a lot of story potential connecting to ancient peoples and perhaps more directly to the Legendaries in some way.

Job #2:
Legendary Group: The "Super-Ancient" (or "Weather") Trio
Generation: III
Pokemon Included: Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza (and maybe Deoxys?)

1654680051032.png

In this case, I wanted to balance both a relatively well-liked group with one that possesses high amounts of moveset potential. Whilst other groups did come into contention for me, I ended up choosing this one due to their general popularity and consistent appearances and the like.

Overall, they play roughly as you'd expect. With Groudon's main ability being to expand continents, and having a Ground typing (Ground/Fire in their Primal form), I think his moveset would be based on tanking hits and creating powerful plumes of things like volcanoes, allowing an effective degree of both power and defence.

To contast, Kyogre possesses the power to control the ocean, having a Water typing overall, and I think taking this to the logical extreme would be a good choice here. Contrasting, say, Ruto's gameplay in Hyrule Warriors, Kyogre excels in using the force of the ocean to its fullest, creating massive tidal waves and the like.

Lastly, Rayquaza would be able to control the skies, mostly being focused on attacks with an air-based nature unlike the other two. Not only this, but its unique physiology comes into play here as well, with its Dragon/Flying typing not hurting.

This also opens the door to a very interesting and unique potential threat at play here - one of Generation III's Mythical Pokemon, Deoxys. There's the whole situation with the Delta Episode but I'm not going to go into spoilers - rather, I'm simply going to say that the ability to switch between Formes as Deoxys' main mechanic, excelling at either becoming an incredibly quick but lightweight and low-powered rushdowner in Speed Forme, a heavy-hitting glass cannon in Attack Forme, or an utter tank that sacrifices speed and evasiveness in Defence Forme, would be a great way to handle the extraterrestrial threat. Hey, even if Deoxys wouldn't be a part of the main story, a Deoxys DLC story of some sort would sell like hotcakes.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was thinking on do one but KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 did a based move once again submitting my favorite pokémon. Maybe I would think on something later either way.

But now that I think it more, I can do something for the second job:
JOB #2
The Light Trio (Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma)
Why Alola is so lame even if it has some of the more kino pokémon designs?, seriously, why. Either way it's time to include some of the greatests legendaries imo in an actual good game. You will have the faction of the Sun represented by Solgaleo, the faction of the Moon represented by Lunala and the faction of the Light represented by Necrozma. It would also allow some sort of story where the Light faction tries to absorb the other two factions to make their leader take their true form has Ultra-Necrozma.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I was thinking on do one but KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 did a based move once again submitting my favorite pokémon. Maybe I would think on something later either way.

But now that I think it more, I can do something for the second job:
JOB #2
The Light Trio (Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma)
Why Alola is so lame even if it has some of the more kino pokémon designs?, seriously, why. Either way it's time to include some of the greatests legendaries imo in an actual good game. You will have the faction of the Sun represented by Solgaleo, the faction of the Moon represented by Lunala and the faction of the Light represented by Necrozma. It would also allow some sort of story where the Light faction tries to absorb the other two factions to make their leader take their true form has Ultra-Necrozma.
Ooh that is actually pretty cool ince Pokelego999 Pokelego999 does his entries we will continue the thread, but I hope you become a regular, the more the merrier

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Job #1
Butterfree

Being a typical early game Pokemon, Butterfree is a good start. Butterfree as a Pokemon would focus more on using Status to disrupt vast quantities of enemy troops whilst also using its powerful ranged moves to dish out strong damage. Whilst it's speedy, has good disruption, and has decent strength, it can't take too many hits, so one has to be smart using it.
Job #2
The Swords of Justice
1654818691235.png

This group is a faction of four, each following their own philosophies. They split up long ago because of these philosophies.
Virizion believes in peace and harmony with nature and each other, acting as a more pacifistic member.
Cobalion believes in cold hard justice, holding anyone who breaks the rules in contempt with its iron will, thus having strict laws as its beliefs.
Terrakion is more loose, believing that people should be free to do as they choose so long as they do not hurt anyone, regardless of what these morals mean for anyone else.
Keldeo believes there should be no restrictions at all and no judgement of any kind, believing people should be able to make their choice.
Turning the continent into a warzone, the four ended up splitting the continent into fragments with each ideal. Keldeo's is the smallest, whilst Cobalion's is the biggest. The four are always on the brink of war, and all the Pokemon in the lands live in one of their kingdoms, bar a select group who choose to live in the uncharted wilderness. War is unleashed eventually, sending the continent into the brink of chaos.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting time is starting thanks for all the entries
Eevee
Golurk
Butterfree

Vote for your top 2, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

The Four Tapus
Weather Trio
The Light Trio
Swords of Justice

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Job 3
Submit a Starter Pokemon
Alongside Pikachu, a Starter Pokemon will partner with him in his story mode, submit that starter Pokemon, can be fully evolved or a baby Pokemon but it just has to be a starter Pokemon that isn't in the default roster. The only starters not allowed are the newly revealed Gen 9 starters.

Job 4
Any wants or desires for this thread
Since I can't make any more jobs without the currents ones being voted on why not we discuss on what we want to include in this thread, if you want you could also ask what you want different from the previous thread Legends Regigigas. Maybe stuff like how we should organize characters and movesets and how we do battlefield based jobs and such.

Here is a link below

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Playable Pokémon
  1. Golurk
  2. Golurk Eevee
Legendaries:
  1. Weather Trio
  2. Light Trio
  3. Tapus
Starter Mon - Decidueye
1654820221464.png
Because I love Decidueye and there isn't a grass Pokémon yet. He could also works for the zoning/trapper archetype, the dude that doesn't has too much life so instead of direct fight prefers set traps and attack in distance a.k.a. the ****ing camper.

Things that I want:
  • DeoxysMarshadowMelmetalGalladeAegislashDragapultToxtri-
  • Maybe exchange the badges for the actual equipable objects of the game?, we can also do more and change the effects of some of them to work in a Musou.
  • Something that I think it would be cool is do something with the Dynamax/Gigantamax, would be like the fights using the Ancient Beasts in AoC.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Playable Pokémon
  1. Golurk
  2. Golurk Eevee
Legendaries:
  1. Weather Trio
  2. Light Trio
  3. Tapus
Starter Mon - Decidueye
Because I love Decidueye and there isn't a grass Pokémon yet. He could also works for the zoning/trapper archetype, the dude that doesn't has too much life so instead of direct fight prefers set traps and attack in distance a.k.a. the ****ing camper.

Things that I want:
  • Maybe exchange the badges for the actual equipable objects of the game?, we can also do more and change the effects of some of them to work in a Musou.
  • Something that I think it would be cool is do something with the Dynamax/Gigantamax, would be like the fights using the Ancient Beasts in AoC.
Maybe each Pokemon can have a series of variants with strengths and weaknesses, they can be canonical or fanmade. For example Pikachu has his Pikachu Libre outfit that allows for a more melee focused moveset and Charizard can have a Chinese inspired variant that can spew colored fire

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Eevee
Golurk
Butterfree

The Four Tapus
Weather Trio
The Light Trio
Swords of Justice

Job 3
Submit a Starter Pokemon
Alongside Pikachu, a Starter Pokemon will partner with him in his story mode, submit that starter Pokemon, can be fully evolved or a baby Pokemon but it just has to be a starter Pokemon that isn't in the default roster. The only starters not allowed are the newly revealed Gen 9 starters.

Job 4
Since I can't make any more jobs without the currents ones being voted on why not we discuss on what we want to include in this thread, if you want you could also ask what you want different from the previous thread Legends Regigigas. Maybe stuff like how we should organize characters and movesets and how we do battlefield based jobs and such.

Here is a link below
(Heads up - won't be able to submit for a couple days because I set off tomorrow, but I can squeeze this one in tonight before I catch some zzzz's.)

Job #1:
1. Butterfree. (Despite being a Gen I pick, which could very quickly result in a degree of bloat toward that generation which, for some reason, really gets under people's skin, I think Butterfree is a very clever and quite interesting pick. "Early-game" Pokemon aren't all too often represented in games like this, nor is the Bug-typing as a whole, and I think playing with status effects would be a great way to give them some mechanical depth that doesn't just make them a rushdown glass cannon by leaning too hard into "bug", or a camp-heavy flying bomber kite that can be felled in like three hits. They feel cool, fun, and a bit weird - perfect for a game like this.)
2. Golurk. (This might be a really controversial point of mine, but I do genuinely stand by Golurk having a lot of potential. I'm not going to go too much into it given, well, I submitted them - but I think they could be fun regardless.)

Job #2:
1. The Swords of Justice. (I feel like they're overall criminally underused, and whilst there's more popular picks out there, these four could really bring a Warriors-style storyline to the events taking place here. They feel really fitting, though the only potential problem that springs to mind may be that having four or five unique factions at minimum might complicate things? Even so, it's a minor point - they're a great pick for something like this.
2. The Four Tapus. (This brings up a rather interesting and odd point, but I think that their generally unique nature as well as their deep connection does make them a solid candidate for this role. Whilst I think that the Swords might be more potentially fun to play as and see in a Warriors story, I think the Tapus open up a lot of worldbuilding potential.)

Job #3:
Pokemon Name: Inteleon
Pokedex Number
: #818
Pokemon Generation: VIII
Pokemon Typing: Water

I actually deliberated a lot on this. The problem is, I didn't want to have too many similar characters at this point in the roster's development, so I decided to limit myself by not selecting a Fire-type or a Gen 1 starter - instantly cutting a couple of choices I genuinely considered, such as Braixen, Incineroar and Blastoise from my own selection. As such, my final pick might be a little odd, but I think they're fitting for a few reasons.

First notable point - "But they're another Water-type, fully evolved starter! We already have Greninja!" Valid point, and one I did bring into consideration, but I think Inteleon is different enough in terms of appearance, personality, and potential playstyle, to warrant his inclusion. Unlike Greninja, a ninja-themed and extremely evasive Pokemon, Inteleon's nature is more akin to a secret agent - and I think we could play with that a lot more than first might be obvious. For example, looking to the anime for a couple of pieces of inspiration, Inteleon's membrane allows it to glide through the air similar to a wingsuit - not unlike you'd see on everyone's favourite Scientologist, Tom Cruise, in the next Mission: Impossible blockbuster.

However, I think Inteleon's gameplay would be a lot more interesting. Whereas Greninja would be more focused on being a rushdown, in-and-out style character to quickly rack up comboes and damage before excaping, Inteleon is more focused on precision and spacing. With its key ability being Snipe Shot, allowing it to shoot a high-powered jet of water from its fingers at Mach 3 (and taking into consideration that Inteleon's Gigantamax form has it literally atop a sniper's nest), Inteleon's main gameplay element focuses on finding, and exploiting, weak points in an opponent's defence. This does result in a trade-off to an extent - Inteleon struggles with crowd control mostly due to a lot of narrow hitboxes - but those hitboxes are exceptionally lethal. This means that abilities like Water Gun, potentially Liquidaton, and the aforementioned Snipe Shot will be focused on in Inteleon's toolkit - as opposed to particularly powerful or wide-reaching attacks like Hydro Pump or Whirlpool.

I also think Inteleon brings an interesting dynamic in terms of personality and story. Like most Warriors games, I'm acting on the presumption that there'll be several different "factions" in this game as with most Warriors games, and the idea of Inteleon attempting to gather information on movements and the like seems like an unusual plot element. Having a more stealth-focused mission, for example, where he's managed to singlehandedly infiltrate an enemy stronghold only to come face to face with an exceptionally powerful threat he has to take on alone (not unlike Metal Gear REX to be honest) would be a rather fun story element, and I also think their more serious, focused personality compared to Pikachu's more bubbly nature would contrast well - though unlike Greninja's almost comical stoicism, Inteleon's pretty sly, cunning, and smart, good at drawing out information but completely willing to heel-turn allegences if needed. (Not only this, but a story element of them showing how strong they've become since they were a mere Sobble would be fun.)

#Job #4: I think a good way to take this could be basing it on a similar premise to the previous thread in terms of what we're adding, makes sense to me at least. One thing that could be very cool to see would be more additional content - things like alternate costumes, music, and so forth (albeit a bit later on.) Hyrule Warriors springs to mind on this front, being absolutely packed with alternate costumes referencing all sorts of things as well as various new musical remixes (though keeping some older tracks would be good too.) Whilst some Pokemon would obviously have more of these than others, I still think it'd be very cool to see.

Also, the idea of keeping "fodder Pokemon" and "General/Miniboss Pokemon" as active forces here is absolutely something we should keep around, in my opinion.

Hope this wasn't too much of a rambling mess!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Playable Pokémon
  1. Golurk
  2. Golurk Eevee
Legendaries:
  1. Weather Trio
  2. Light Trio
  3. Tapus
Starter Mon - Decidueye

Things that I want:
(Heads up - won't be able to submit for a couple days because I set off tomorrow, but I can squeeze this one in tonight before I catch some zzzz's.)

Job #1:
1. Butterfree. (Despite being a Gen I pick, which could very quickly result in a degree of bloat toward that generation which, for some reason, really gets under people's skin, I think Butterfree is a very clever and quite interesting pick. "Early-game" Pokemon aren't all too often represented in games like this, nor is the Bug-typing as a whole, and I think playing with status effects would be a great way to give them some mechanical depth that doesn't just make them a rushdown glass cannon by leaning too hard into "bug", or a camp-heavy flying bomber kite that can be felled in like three hits. They feel cool, fun, and a bit weird - perfect for a game like this.)
2. Golurk. (This might be a really controversial point of mine, but I do genuinely stand by Golurk having a lot of potential. I'm not going to go too much into it given, well, I submitted them - but I think they could be fun regardless.)

Job #2:
1. The Swords of Justice. (I feel like they're overall criminally underused, and whilst there's more popular picks out there, these four could really bring a Warriors-style storyline to the events taking place here. They feel really fitting, though the only potential problem that springs to mind may be that having four or five unique factions at minimum might complicate things? Even so, it's a minor point - they're a great pick for something like this.
2. The Four Tapus. (This brings up a rather interesting and odd point, but I think that their generally unique nature as well as their deep connection does make them a solid candidate for this role. Whilst I think that the Swords might be more potentially fun to play as and see in a Warriors story, I think the Tapus open up a lot of worldbuilding potential.)

Job #3:
Pokemon Name: Inteleon
Pokedex Number
: #818
Pokemon Generation: VIII
Pokemon Typing: Water

I actually deliberated a lot on this. The problem is, I didn't want to have too many similar characters at this point in the roster's development, so I decided to limit myself by not selecting a Fire-type or a Gen 1 starter - instantly cutting a couple of choices I genuinely considered, such as Braixen, Incineroar and Blastoise from my own selection. As such, my final pick might be a little odd, but I think they're fitting for a few reasons.

First notable point - "But they're another Water-type, fully evolved starter! We already have Greninja!" Valid point, and one I did bring into consideration, but I think Inteleon is different enough in terms of appearance, personality, and potential playstyle, to warrant his inclusion. Unlike Greninja, a ninja-themed and extremely evasive Pokemon, Inteleon's nature is more akin to a secret agent - and I think we could play with that a lot more than first might be obvious. For example, looking to the anime for a couple of pieces of inspiration, Inteleon's membrane allows it to glide through the air similar to a wingsuit - not unlike you'd see on everyone's favourite Scientologist, Tom Cruise, in the next Mission: Impossible blockbuster.

However, I think Inteleon's gameplay would be a lot more interesting. Whereas Greninja would be more focused on being a rushdown, in-and-out style character to quickly rack up comboes and damage before excaping, Inteleon is more focused on precision and spacing. With its key ability being Snipe Shot, allowing it to shoot a high-powered jet of water from its fingers at Mach 3 (and taking into consideration that Inteleon's Gigantamax form has it literally atop a sniper's nest), Inteleon's main gameplay element focuses on finding, and exploiting, weak points in an opponent's defence. This does result in a trade-off to an extent - Inteleon struggles with crowd control mostly due to a lot of narrow hitboxes - but those hitboxes are exceptionally lethal. This means that abilities like Water Gun, potentially Liquidaton, and the aforementioned Snipe Shot will be focused on in Inteleon's toolkit - as opposed to particularly powerful or wide-reaching attacks like Hydro Pump or Whirlpool.

I also think Inteleon brings an interesting dynamic in terms of personality and story. Like most Warriors games, I'm acting on the presumption that there'll be several different "factions" in this game as with most Warriors games, and the idea of Inteleon attempting to gather information on movements and the like seems like an unusual plot element. Having a more stealth-focused mission, for example, where he's managed to singlehandedly infiltrate an enemy stronghold only to come face to face with an exceptionally powerful threat he has to take on alone (not unlike Metal Gear REX to be honest) would be a rather fun story element, and I also think their more serious, focused personality compared to Pikachu's more bubbly nature would contrast well - though unlike Greninja's almost comical stoicism, Inteleon's pretty sly, cunning, and smart, good at drawing out information but completely willing to heel-turn allegences if needed. (Not only this, but a story element of them showing how strong they've become since they were a mere Sobble would be fun.)

#Job #4: I think a good way to take this could be basing it on a similar premise to the previous thread in terms of what we're adding, makes sense to me at least. One thing that could be very cool to see would be more additional content - things like alternate costumes, music, and so forth (albeit a bit later on.) Hyrule Warriors springs to mind on this front, being absolutely packed with alternate costumes referencing all sorts of things as well as various new musical remixes (though keeping some older tracks would be good too.) Whilst some Pokemon would obviously have more of these than others, I still think it'd be very cool to see.

Also, the idea of keeping "fodder Pokemon" and "General/Miniboss Pokemon" as active forces here is absolutely something we should keep around, in my opinion.

Hope this wasn't too much of a rambling mess!
On the suggestiong to include alts, I dont want regional forms to be considered just alternate costumes or skins as there are some like Alolan Ninetales, Galarian Slowbrow, and Hisuin Lilligant that are distinct enough from their main form to be able to get away with being distinct characters, alt costumes however would be a good idea as we could add stuff like Shiny Forms and Pokemon Unite Costumes

Also KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 I also have some awkward times in the next few days so dont worry, and plus the Gen 1 saturation can be cutdown by me saying that on certain job no gen 1 pokemon are allowed

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Butterfree
Golurk

Swords of Justice
Tapus

Raboot | Pokédex

Raboot
Gen 8
Fire Type

An unorthodox decision I know, but I think Raboot would work well in the context of the game. Firstly its part of the often forgotten middle stage starters, secondly its desgin works well in a more story based game like warriors. Bringing to mind the classic rebel Raboot would at first take advantage of Pikachu but like many other classic jerk/nice guy duos like Ralph and Venelope, Gru and the Gurls, and a bunch of other duos where a jerk and nice guy learn to be better people in the end. Raboot would obviosly be the jerk but over time would be more nicer as the story progresses. Gameplay wise he would use his fire abilities to create giant exploding soccer balls which offer some AOE crowd control.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Eevee
Golurk
Butterfree

The Four Tapus
Weather Trio
The Light Trio
Swords of Justice

Job 3
Submit a Starter Pokemon

Job 4

Here is a link below
Eevee
Golurk

Tapus
Weather Trio
Light Trio

Job 3
Primarina
1654901597128.png

Being the Gen 7 water starter final evolution, Primarina is my choice for a playable starter. Primarina would be a ranged attacker, using its sound based attacks to fight from afar. Primarina also can take quite a fair number of hits, allowing it to not just be a frail ranged character like most ranged characters. However, it's slow as a result, and can get overwhelmed if there are too many enemies on it. Regardless, Primarina is quite strong, but one has to know how to handle its weaknesses.

Job 4
I feel most of last threads concepts were good, so I do wish some of these get brought back (Characters, areas, the whole nine yards, though not everything for obvious reasons)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Golurk won our next character, an interesting choice.

And the Swords of Justice won the role of being the main legendries.

Decidueye
Inteleon
Raboot
Primarina
Swampert

vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Now using the above I now want to send you to a new world

"In a time long forgotten, legends speak of a region called the Minas Region. A realm of sprawling wilderness, large mountain ranges, and, most importantly, burgeoning civilizations. The people of these civilizations aren't humans but rather Pokemon. Each Pokemon is associated with several elemental affinities or "types" and they use these affinities to work day by day as a working citizen. In the North there are the people of the Cobal Republic who believe in order and security. In the South there are the people of the Colonies of Viriz who believe in peace and being good stewards of nature. In the East are the people of the Terrak Empire who believe in that everyone should be free to do what they wan't if they don't hurt anyone. And in the West is the Kel Dynasty, who believe that there shouldn't be any restrictions on life and everyone should express themselves in art. These four factions are called collectively as "The Land of Swords", and the lords of each faction believe they are the disciple of a legendary Pokemon warrior who directed their people to create a nation out of that Pokemon's beliefs. These conflicting beliefs caused these four factions to become uneasy with each other, and soon these nations will form a powderkeg that will erupt into a warzone that may shatter the Minas Region."

So that is a lot, but that is not all.

Job 5
Submit a Fodder Pokemon
Fodder Pokemon are the main soilders or the game, they are usally weak or common Pokemon and usally only use one or two moves. Submit a Fodder Pokemon. As long as they aren't joke Pokemon like Magikarp and fully evolved Pokemon they are allowed. All first stages of playable Pokemon are fodder as well so don't submit Pokemon like Pichu or Charmander. Submit what the Fodder Pokemon do as attacks and any interesting elements they might have, such as flight or a shell.

Job 6
suggest which faction Pikachu is part of
Being our first playable character, Pikachu should be also be in the first faction introduced. Suggest out of the four factions above which one he would fit best in and why.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Inteleon
Decidueye
Raboot
Rattata

Rattata
The classic Gen 1 rodent is pretty weak, using mainly Bite to chomp at opponents and the occasional Super Fang to grapple onto its targets.

Pikachu I think would work best in the Terrak Empire as I think that would most for a "main protagonist", being the closest to our home it would be a perfect place to star our adventure.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Fodder Mon: Cacnea (III Gen/Grass)

I just think it's neat, would use Needle Arm and Poison Sting, the first one is a melee attack and the second is a projectile.

Pikachu Faction: Keldeo Faction seems correct., Keldeo is in general the youngest of the four so it would be like the less experienced and I think that works well for your main.

Votations:
  1. Swampert
  2. Decidueye
  3. Inteleon

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Golurk won our next character, an interesting choice.

And the Swords of Justice won the role of being the main legendries.

Decidueye
Inteleon
Raboot
Primarina
Swampert

vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Now using the above I now want to send you to a new world

So that is a lot, but that is not all.

Job 5
Submit a Fodder Pokemon
Fodder Pokemon are the main soilders or the game, they are usally weak or common Pokemon and usally only use one or two moves. Submit a Fodder Pokemon. As long as they aren't joke Pokemon like Magikarp and fully evolved Pokemon they are allowed. All first stages of playable Pokemon are fodder as well so don't submit Pokemon like Pichu or Charmander. Submit what the Fodder Pokemon do as attacks and any interesting elements they might have, such as flight or a shell.

Job 6
suggest which faction Pikachu is part of
Being our first playable character, Pikachu should be also be in the first faction introduced. Suggest out of the four factions above which one he would fit best in and why.
Decidueye
Swampert
Inteleon

Job 5:
Zubat
1654968967578.png

An airborne enemy, these are typically common pests of enemies. They will attempt to either use Leech Life up close, which also restores some of Zubat's health, or Gust from afar, which sends a small cyclone directly in front of it. Their aim is not the best on the heated battlefield, and can be dealt with quite easily.
Job 6:
I feel Pikachu would be best in Keldeo's faction, just due to it feeling fitting for it. I dunno, I don't have much reasoning other than that 😅

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
All three fodder Pokemon will be included.

Just because these fodder mons are included doesn't mean their evolutions are disqualified from being potential playable characters, so Crobat, Raticate and the like are still eligible for inclusion. A mechanic I had was that certain fodder units could be promoted and therefore evolve into their stronger forms, since all playable Pokemon will have fodder pre-evolutions that will also deal with how characters battles will work.

Decidueye will win the Starter Pokemon job, an interesting choice

Pikachu will also be part of the Kel Dynasty faction. Due to the nation priding itself on the arts and expressing oneself, Pikachu will be a wide-eyed idealist who as time goes on, becomes hardened by the constant warfare but will bounce back to his old self by the end of the story.

Now here is a job I am looking forward to the most.

Job 7
Submit a Hisuian Pokemon
Alongside Pikachu, there will be other playable Pokemon protagonists with their own campaigns. One of these protagonists will be a Hisuian form/evolution. For this job submit a Hisuian form/evolution and how they play into the story. Submit what of the four above factions this Pokemon will be part of, but not the Kel Dynasty since Pikachu again is part of that.

Job 8
Submit an Elite Pokemon
Elite Pokemon are basically non-playable boss Pokemon, they are quite strong and need more intricate strategizing to take them down. Submit a fully evolved Pokemon to become an elite Pokemon and describe what attacks they do, any weaknesses, and a potential entrance cutscene for when one appears. This not only makes their line fodder, but also disqualifies the entire line from being playable.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Hisui Mon: Zoroark
1655006217030.png

A fan favorite with a cool design and a cuestionable choice of types. It would be of the Cobalion faction.

Elite Mon: Hariyama
1655006283864.png

Very nice looking for me but at the same time I wouldn't say that it would feel like a huge loss if it wasn't playable, his big and imponent appearence makes him perfect for an elite. He would use attacks like Arm Thrust, Vital Throw, Close Combat and Focus Punch, like in the games he lacks in speed.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hisui Mon: Zoroark
View attachment 354574

A fan favorite with a cool design and a cuestionable choice of types.

Elite Mon: Hariyama
View attachment 354575
Very nice looking for me but at the same time I wouldn't say that it would feel like a huge loss if it wasn't playable, his big and imponent appearence makes him perfect for an elite.
Could you add which faction Zoroak is a part of? This Pokemon will be a playable protagonist and would be of a different faction than Pikachu. You could read it up more in a large paragraph I made a few posts back. Just don't make it the same faction as Pikachu.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Lilligant - #549 - Serebii.net Pokédex

Hisuian Lilligant
Grass/Fighting (Which honestly is ironic because its a feminine grass type that attacks with kicks which is also Tsareena's thing but for some reason isn't part fighting)

Hisuian Lilligant in Pokemon Warriors is both elegant and feared. A member of a troup of performers from the Colonies of Viriz, she seems just like an aloof dancer. In reality Lilligant is a feared assasin working for the highest bidder. A cruel mistress she is part of a group of Grass type assassins alongside Decidueye who were hired by the Lord of the Colonies of Viriz to slay the leader of an insurection. However after some diversion, Lilligant and Decidueye seperated. While Decidueye met Pikachu Lilligant wandered the land becoming a vigilante of sort helping suffering Pokemon by brutelly dispatching of their attackers. Using strong strikes and kicks Lilligant would also be a fast but frail threat on the battlefield.

Jynx | Pokédex

Jynx
Ice/Psychic
An Pokemon that is famous for the wrong reasons to some, still being what is essentialy an ice witch would be cool as an elite. She would attack with ice attacks like Blizzard to cause Frostbite and Psychic for Confusion.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Playing the Three Hopes demo has got me really in the mood for more Warriors content, so this thread came at just the right time! Plus a Pokémon Warriors game irl doesn't actually seem impossible. I'll try to participate for sure.

Also I have a question about our Pikachu protagonist? Is it going to be a real, defined character with a specific backstory, ideals, and personality? Or more of a quiet player avatar insert who just gets to be there to fight alongside the plot? I ask cuz if it's the latter, then Pikachu having a defined gender difference with the tail could easily give us the option to choose the protagonist's gender like FEW3H.

Now onto the jobs!

Job #7: Sneasler

1655007157648.png

Sneasler is a pretty popular Hisuian form, probably due to its connection to Ingo, a fan favorite PLA character. So now here it can shine without a trainer! Sneasler is also famous for the climbing gameplay from its home game, which I'm sure could be represented in this one somehow. As for the faction, this specific character being from the northern Cobal Republic makes some sense considering the native range of Sneasler shown in Hisui. That assumes that the Cobal Republic is snowy, of course. As for Sneasler, they'd probably be a free spirit dragged into the conflict for more selfish reasons. (idk how much backstory/personality I should be giving the playable characters at this point or if that's supposed to come later btw.)

Job #8: Darmanitan

1655007530398.png

The Darumaka line is not the most popular, so it's not much of a tragedy to lose them as playable options, but the switching between this regular form and Zen Mode could make for a very interesting multi-phase boss battle. Plus just look at that face, so intimidating.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The Darumaka line is not the most popular, so it's not much of a tragedy to lose them as playable options, but the switching between this regular form and Zen Mode could make for a very interesting multi-phase boss battle. Plus just look at that face, so intimidating.
I love Darmanitan but I know that you are right ):

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Playing the Three Hopes demo has got me really in the mood for more Warriors content, so this thread came at just the right time! Plus a Pokémon Warriors game irl doesn't actually seem impossible. I'll try to participate for sure.

Also I have a question about our Pikachu protagonist? Is it going to be a real, defined character with a specific backstory, ideals, and personality? Or more of a quiet player avatar insert who just gets to be there to fight alongside the plot? I ask cuz if it's the latter, then Pikachu having a defined gender difference with the tail could easily give us the option to choose the protagonist's gender like FEW3H.

Now onto the jobs!

Job #7: Sneasler

View attachment 354576

Sneasler is a pretty popular Hisuian form, probably due to its connection to Ingo, a fan favorite PLA character. So now here it can shine without a trainer! Sneasler is also famous for the climbing gameplay from its home game, which I'm sure could be represented in this one somehow. As for the faction, this specific character being from the northern Cobal Republic makes some sense considering the native range of Sneasler shown in Hisui. That assumes that the Cobal Republic is snowy, of course. As for Sneasler, they'd probably be a free spirit dragged into the conflict for more selfish reasons. (idk how much backstory/personality I should be giving the playable characters at this point or if that's supposed to come later btw.)

Job #8: Darmanitan

View attachment 354577

We could have the choice between Male and Female Pikachus, I'm just using male pronouns since the anime Pikachu is male and is obviously the most famous Pikachu.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Job 7: Hisuian Electrode
1655054588959.png

A bit more of an interesting one, Electrode here would definitely be a fast Pokemon like in its home games. Electrode would focus on out maneuvering opponents and striking them from afar (Perhaps Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Chloroblast, etc?), but also has up close and personal moves to hit opponents with (Such as rolling into the opponents or using Discharge in close range of them). Whilst Electrode has these good traits, it is unfortunately a bit middling on the defensive side and its attacking stats are only a bit average.

As for faction, probably Terrakion's.

Job 8: Parasect
I'll be resubmitting this from the old thread this is one of my submissions I'm more proud of
Parasect is a powerful Bug/Grass Pokemon. In battle, it is summoned in with a horde of Paras to aid it. Parasect will stand at the center of the horde, and shake it's body around, spraying various spore and powder types everywhere in the horde, with the spores hitting random portions. A red indicator will mark where they land. It will randomly select one at a time.
Spore: Puts the player to sleep if it hits them. Upon being hit, the player will wake up.
Stun Spore: Slows the player's movement and time taken to execute moves for several seconds before wearing off
Poison Powder: If it lands, deals slight Poison damage chip over time for 10 seconds. Poison cannot kill the player.
Rage Powder: Draws the player close to Parasect, allowing Parasect to potentially freely deal one hit before the player snaps out of it. Rage Powder is a rarer move for it to use than most others.
Going near Parasect itself is risky, as it's Toxic barrier is built up around it by Paras. It will do severe chip damage compared to normal Poison, and if the player stands too long there, they risk dying. While the barrier is up, Parasect will attack any player who comes near with Slash, which will send them recoiling back. When the Toxic barrier is down, which is done by defeating all the Paras, Parasect will go to fight the player directly, with the following attacks:
X-Scissor: Parasect's claws turn green, and it goes into an X formation. It proceeds to ram towards the player, stopping after a set distance or if the player moves out of the way.
Energy Ball: Parasect's main attack when the enemy is far away from it. It will chuck a ball of green plant based energy at the player. Upon impact, it will deal damage.
Flash: Stuns the player for a brief moment, allowing Parasect to strike
Cut: A weaker version of Slash. It is a basic slash that does not do as much damage.
Seed Bomb: Summons explosive seeds, which will rain down on the surrounding area, with red circles indicating where they'll land.
Upon defeat, Parasect will fall onto it's back and go into a typical bug death pose (not actually dead), being defeated.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 7: Hisuian Electrode
View attachment 354581

A bit more of an interesting one, Electrode here would definitely be a fast Pokemon like in its home games. Electrode would focus on out maneuvering opponents and striking them from afar (Perhaps Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Chloroblast, etc?), but also has up close and personal moves to hit opponents with (Such as rolling into the opponents or using Discharge in close range of them). Whilst Electrode has these good traits, it is unfortunately a bit middling on the defensive side and its attacking stats are only a bit average.

Job 8: Parasect
I'll be resubmitting this from the old thread this is one of my submissions I'm more proud of
Parasect is a powerful Bug/Grass Pokemon. In battle, it is summoned in with a horde of Paras to aid it. Parasect will stand at the center of the horde, and shake it's body around, spraying various spore and powder types everywhere in the horde, with the spores hitting random portions. A red indicator will mark where they land. It will randomly select one at a time.
Spore: Puts the player to sleep if it hits them. Upon being hit, the player will wake up.
Stun Spore: Slows the player's movement and time taken to execute moves for several seconds before wearing off
Poison Powder: If it lands, deals slight Poison damage chip over time for 10 seconds. Poison cannot kill the player.
Rage Powder: Draws the player close to Parasect, allowing Parasect to potentially freely deal one hit before the player snaps out of it. Rage Powder is a rarer move for it to use than most others.
Going near Parasect itself is risky, as it's Toxic barrier is built up around it by Paras. It will do severe chip damage compared to normal Poison, and if the player stands too long there, they risk dying. While the barrier is up, Parasect will attack any player who comes near with Slash, which will send them recoiling back. When the Toxic barrier is down, which is done by defeating all the Paras, Parasect will go to fight the player directly, with the following attacks:
X-Scissor: Parasect's claws turn green, and it goes into an X formation. It proceeds to ram towards the player, stopping after a set distance or if the player moves out of the way.
Energy Ball: Parasect's main attack when the enemy is far away from it. It will chuck a ball of green plant based energy at the player. Upon impact, it will deal damage.
Flash: Stuns the player for a brief moment, allowing Parasect to strike
Cut: A weaker version of Slash. It is a basic slash that does not do as much damage.
Seed Bomb: Summons explosive seeds, which will rain down on the surrounding area, with red circles indicating where they'll land.
Upon defeat, Parasect will fall onto it's back and go into a typical bug death pose (not actually dead), being defeated.
Make sure you mention which faction Electrode is from, as long as it's not from the Keldeo Faction

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Sneasler (Cobal Republic)
Zoroak (Cobal Republic)
Lilligant (Colonies of Viriz)
Electrode (Terrak Empire)

Hariyama
Jynx
Parasect
Darmanitan

I just want to say thank you for all of this activity in my thread. The previous thread was just a small project between me Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 but I love how there is more activity in this thread and I hope that this continues.

Now onto the next set of jobs

Job 9
Submit an alternate costumes for any of the following characters

Pikachu
Charizard
Greninja
Lucario

Alternate costumes are fun and all, you can submit a single costume for any of the following four characters. You could do just a single costume or a costume for each characters listed. All Pokemon will have a Shiny and "Dark" form, which is a black and white variant. It can be original or appear as an alternate skin in a different game like Unite. Submit the costume, describe what they look like and if it references everything (it does'nt have to). Use the template below:

Costume Name:
Image: (If applicable)
Appearance:
Reference: (If applicable)

Job 10
Who wants to do movesets?

This job opens movesets for all current characters. This job lasts indefinatly and can be tackled whenever you want. So when a new character is added you can make a moveset for it. There is a template you have to follow however to avoid Sturgeon's Law, so here is it below.

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Pokemon:

Minas Pokedex Entry:

Regular Attacks
Dash Attack: (The attack used when dashing)

Combo Strings (Alter as necessary - the character can have up to 8 Y-attacks in a string of button presses, the Y attacks are weaker but continue the combo while the X attacks are stronger but end the combo after use.)
(These are the types of possible combos you can do)
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y:
Y-X:
Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X:
Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X:

Special Attacks
Weak Point Smash (Special Moves used against boss or Elite enemies when weakened):
Ground Meter Attack (X on ground): (The super attack this Pokemon has, does big damage, this one is triggered on the ground)
Air Meter Attack (X in air): (The super attack this Pokemon has, does big damage, this one is triggered on the ground)
Unique Action (ZR) (A gimmick or special power this particular character has such as Toxicitry's Amped and Low Key Forms):

Other Info
General Playstyle/Archetype: (How would you picture this Pokemon to play as, what strengths and weaknesses does this Pokemon have in the battlefield.)

It should be noted that there are also some mechanical nuance you should know when developing a moveset. Here are some important mechanics below:

Status Effects:
Each Pokemon can cause a series of status effects to occur, some effects like poison and confusion can stack but others like burn and freeze and overright each other:

Poison and Bad Poison:
Poison deals slow damage over time, Bad Poison deals damage at a faster rate. Steel types are immune to this.

Confusion:
If it affects the player, it causes their controls to become scrambled, if it happens to a enemy it causes them to misfire their attacks.

Charmed:
Charmed players wont attack the enemy that charmed then and charmed enemies will fight for the player.

Sleep:
Immobilizes the target and causes them to sleep, they wake up automatically or when hit with a strong attack.

Drowsy:
Causes the afflicted to become slower in movement and attack speed.

Paralyses:
Randomly stops the afflicted in the middles of an attack, the stronger the attack the more likely to get stunned.

Burn:
Causes medium damage over time and weakens melee based attacks such as punches and kicks, overwrites Freeze and Frostbite and can be cured by entering a body of water.

Heatstroke:
Blures vision and can suddenly remove health, needs contact with water to cure.

Freeze:
The afflicted in immobilized in a block of ice, lasts quite a while, the rarest status effect only resevrved for dangerous attacks.

Frostbite:
Causes medium damage over time and weakens energy based attacks such as fireballs and laser blasts, overwrites Burns and can be cured by entering a hot spring.

Weather:
On some occasions the battlefield will be aflicted with one of many weather effects which change certain aspects of the battlefield.

Light and Heavy Rain:
Under light rain Poison and Burns will cure quicker, the same applies to heavy rain with the additional effects of water bodies slowly growing in size and slightly blurring vision.

High and Heavy Sun:
Bodies of water will shrink under high sun as well as cure freezing and frostbite quicker, heavy sun however, also brings a chance of causing heatstroke under heavily exposed terrain.

Strong Winds and Sandstorms:
Strong winds cause flying Pokemon to become slower and sandstorms cause tiny damage over time in open spaces. The damage caused by sandstroms doubles on flying Pokemon.

Blizzards:
The draw distance is significantly reduced and you take small damage over time

Flying Pokemon:
Some Pokemon are capable of flight, either as an action they can do or as their normal mode of transport. Flying Pokemon obviosly are able to fly over bodies of water and large gaps. They can also fly up to high areas such as towers, meaning they are the best at mobility. However flying Pokemon also take more damage from ranged attacks and sandstorms, they are also more likely to become paralyzed.

Water Bodies and Swimming:
There are bodies of water that can be swimmed in such as rivers and lakes, should the Pokemon's type be weak to Water they take damage over time. Water types and Pokemon whose types are strong against Water are able to dash in water for faster transport. Certain bodies of water could be cold which can cure burns and heatstroke but may cause frostbite if in for too long. Some bodies are warm which can cure frostbite but can also cause heatstroke if left in for too long. Or polluted which causes poison to anyone who gets it but can heal Poison type Pokemon.

Here is an example of a moveset from my previous Pokemon Warriors Thread for Pikachu made by me and updated for this thread. While it doesn't have to be accurate the moveset should at least reference the canonical abilities of the subject.

downloadfile-18.jpg

Pikachu

Minis Pokedex Entry:
The Electric Rodent himself, Pikachu has access to several powerful electric attacks, and his simple moveset makes him great for beginners.

Regular Attacks

Dash Attack: Uses a move similiar to Skull Bash, where he dashes head first like a rocket, bashing enemies with his forehead.

Combo Strings

Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y: Pikachu builds up electricity, creating a dome of lightning that gets bigger and bigger with more button presses before exploding May causes paralyses to those caught in the blast.

Y-X: Pikachu launches the little electricity he created as a small projectile.

Y-Y-X: Pikachu uses his tail to lob the ball of electricity, creating a paralyzing shockwave.

Y-Y-Y-X: Pikachu splits the large electric orb into several smaller orbs that get tossed sporadically.

Y-Y-Y-Y-X: Pikachu rises the orb upwards and explodes with a flash of light causing confusion.

Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X: Pikachu converts the electricity into light which causes walls to come out of the large orb, confusing the targets.

Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X: Pikachu bashes his head into the ground which results in earthquakes caused by the diverted electricity, tossing foes upward.

Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-X: Pikachu creates lightning bolts that launch sporadically from the orb of lightning he made.

Special Attacks

Weak Point Smash: Pikachu summons a bolt of lightning to attack the boss at point blank range, paralyzing them.

Meter Attacks Ground (X):
Pika-Ball: Pikachu says his iconic PIKACHUUUUU scream before turning into a fuzzy moving ball of electricity that rapidly moves around the battlefield causing paralyses to all of his targets.

Meter Attack Air (X):
Pika-Quake: Pikachu sreeches his iconic scream once again, but this time summoning a giant lightning bolt that hits him allowing him to slam into the ground and cause a confusion-indusing electric-infused earthquake.

Unique Action (ZR):
Volt Dash: Pikachu dashes forward in a lighting bolt, this not only makes Pikachu quicker but if you do this around enemies you can make them confused. It also runs on a meter that will run out after a while

Other Info

General Playstyle/Archetype: Pikachu naturally would be the first choice of new players, so that's why most of his attacks are simple but effective, as well as the fact he can reliably confuse or paralyze targets with his many different attacks, his main weakness however is his frail body and his simplicity making him not the most interesting choice aside from augmenting with badges.
Job 11
Mechanics Discussion:

Any feedback on the above information I gave you, does it make sense to you, and more ideas to add to these mechanics.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I just want to say thank you for all of this activity in my thread. The previous thread was just a small project between me Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 but I love how there is more activity in this thread and I hope that this continues.
I just wanted to participate in a Warriors-themed thread and this one sound interesing.

Votations:
  1. Lilligant
  2. Zoroark
  3. Sneasel
Votations Part 2:
  1. Darmanitan
  2. Hariyama
  3. Parasect
Custome Submission: Ash Greninja
1655076322576.png

Appearance: Pokémon XYZ

A no brainer, big fan favorite and a very cool design tbh.

I would try to do a moveset later.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I just wanted to participate in a Warriors-themed thread and this one sound interesing.

Votations:
  1. Lilligant
  2. Zoroark
  3. Sneasel
Votations Part 2:
  1. Darmanitan
  2. Hariyama
  3. Parasect
Custome Submission: Ash Greninja
View attachment 354611
Appearance: Pokémon XYZ

A no brainer, big fan favorite and a very cool design tbh.

I would try to do a moveset later.
Good choice, what were you thinking for a moveset, Im trying to make this a social discussion thread as well

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I like when the thread isn't just submit something and don't come back until the next job.

I was thinking on a Golurk moveset and a Greninja moveset, I think Greninja is easier since you have a lot of reference from other games like Sheik in Hyrule Warriors meanwhile Golurk I was thinking on something that it would feel like the Guardian from AoC.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I like when the thread isn't just submit something and don't come back until the next job.

I was thinking on a Golurk moveset and a Greninja moveset, I think Greninja is easier since you have a lot of reference from other games like Sheik in Hyrule Warriors meanwhile Golurk I was thinking on something that it would feel like the Guardian from AoC.
Golurk is pretty cool, it can fly apparently (It can learn Fly as an HM) basically being the Pokemon equivalent of a mecha robot.

As long as the moveset has some roots in the Pokemon's canonical abilities and learn sets across its appearances in the games and anime its allowed as a warriors moveset. Its first come first serve basically. But since there will be more characters on the way, there will be a chance for more movesets.
PLDH en Twitter: @KingTurles @Kacchimisu Golurk is a robot. It tucks its  legs in and fires off with thrusters. Garchomp, though, flies like a  saiyan. The dex says it flies like a

Top Bottom