• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Let’s eliminate some series options first

Ren & Stimpy, Angry Beavers: I would genuinely be shocked if they added literally anyone from these series’. If I absolutely had to name a likely candidate I’d say Mr. Horse but eh

SpongeBob, Hey Arnold: It got 2 newcomers in base game, they’re both pretty popular but I just don’t see them doing a third newcomer for this game for either of them as DLC

Danny Phantom: It’s been claimed by the leaker that Danny, Ember and Vlad apparently rotated between 2 slots for a bit, before they eventually settled on Danny and Ember. If we were getting another DP character as DLC I can’t justify why it wouldn’t be Vlad, but since he was also deconfirmed by the leaker I will instead assume it’s not getting any DLC

Rocko: I don’t think this is a set in stone rule but something I did notice regarding the Nick crossover games is that Rocko got 2 reps in these games when he was actively getting stuff (Super Brawl Universe and KR2 gave us Heffer as well, and during that period of time also gave us Rocko comics and Static Cling which released in 2019). And ever since Static Cling came and went and no new Rocko project was in sight, it got reduced back down to just Rocko himself. Even in KR3 Heffer was one of the few roster cuts. Again, this isn’t a definitive rule, but I do think there could be some merit to it due to Danny’s series finally getting more than just Danny in a year where he’s finally getting something new (the comic). So I will assume that Rocko isn’t getting another character in this instance

Wild Thornberrys, Garfield: These two series feel like they’re already well represented with the characters we got and I imagine the devs would feel similarly. Especially with Garf leaning more into memes I feel like it’d just make an inclusion like Jon even more redundant. It’s like, Nigel and Garfield being the sole reps of their series is kinda what makes them special and neat, and I just doubt that that’ll change

Avatar/Korra, Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre: These franchises got new characters/cut characters in base game and according to a playtester the DLC supposedly rounds out the base roster decently well. I imagine that means filling up series rep that’s more lacking atm rather than adding onto what’s already there

So as far as franchises go that leaves Loud House, Rugrats, TMNT, Invader Zim and MLAATR

It’s a tough call from here on who I think we’d end up getting but I’m gonna refer back to how other GameMill Nick games tend to rep series and go from there

Generally, they have 2 LH reps, 4 TMNT reps, 2 Invader Zim reps, 1 MLAATR rep and a varying quantity for Rugrats. Considering we currently have 1 LH character, 3 TMNT characters and 1 IZ character (if Gir is included with Zim as one I suppose) so I’d wager those 3 franchises we’ll get a character

From there I think it’s between Rugrats and MLAATR and I think I will have to lean towards Rugrats here, partly due to MLAATR generally just getting repped by Jenny and partly because the DLC is currently lacking 90’s franchises and Rugrats seems to be the only remaining viable option

so my franchise predictions for DLC are:
  • Rugrats
  • Invader Zim
  • TMNT
  • Loud House

Just from a franchise standpoint this feels like it fulfills the definition of being kinda mixed, since a lot of people want more Rugrats/Invader Zim, but also don’t necessarily want more TMNT/Loud House

Now to determine who’s actually in:

Rugrats: Chuckie

Prepare for a long read on this one

So I’m of the belief Nick crossover games have had…some kind of correlation in regards to their rosters. I think I’ve explained this belief before but KR3 has every currently cut NASB 2 character as playable except for Shredder and Hugh, but also noticeably does not have Nigel. Meanwhile Nick Tennis DID have Thornberrys, but it was Eliza, not Nigel

Anyways, Rugrats started out with Tommy, Angelica and Reptar, and KR2 added Chuckie. Fast forward to KR3 and we have Reptar, Chuckie and Suzie, but no Tommy or Angelica

Then in Nick Tennis we got Angelica and Suzie, but no Tommy, Reptar or Chuckie. And now here in NASB 2 have Reptar and Tommy as part of his win/loss animation.

It’s also worth mentioning Reptar, Tommy, Angelica, Chuckie and Suzie were the only 5 Rugrats characters to get announcer calls in NASB 1, no Phil & Lil, no Stu, etc

What I’m getting at with the correlation between Nick game rosters is that it seems like for certain franchises characters take turns repping their series. Reptar is consistently in all of them, but then we have Suzie in 2 games in a row, Tommy finally back, but as part of Reptar’s win/loss thing, and Angelica was in Nick Tennis as the sole Rugrats rep initially

That leaves Chuckie, who we know already has his voice actor attached for the game (Chuckie’s KR3 voice actor is also Lucy’s) and thanks to things like Chuckie Chan has more realizable fighter/meme potential that would probably influence Ludosity/Fair Play/Nickelodeon to pick him

Invader Zim: Dib Membrane

Gir is still with Zim, Gaz is an NPC, Professor Membrane has like no alt potential, that leaves Dib as the obvious IZ pick and also a top request. After all some of the DLC picks are still supposed to be good

TMNT: Probably Casey Jones, maybe a villain

Casey Jones feels like the obvious pick here, would round out the crew the best with Splinter not being an option now, but I could also see them potentially going for a classic non Shredder villain. Whether that’s Bebop and/or Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Lord Dregg, who knows for sure. But the safest prediction is Casey so that’s what I’ll stick to

Loud House: Luan Loud

While Luan is definitely the most speculated/probably desired LH newcomer, she’s always been a divisive character even in the immediate fanbase. And doubly over here since she’s LH, but generally speaking most of her other sisters are either a bit plain, mechanically redundant, or just have better alternatives in general (I’m also ruling out Clyde and Ronnie Anne on that last metric thank you Gerald 🔥)

So in conclusion, my current DLC prediction looks something like this. It’d sell, has a couple good and a couple bad picks, rounds out the base game roster decently well, etc

View attachment 378607
Thanks for reading let me know how wrong I am
If they really are "rounding out the base roster" with the DLC I think that we might get a new Earthbender character added to make up for Toph getting axed, and it's looking like it's gonna be Kuvira, the main antagonist of Book 4 of The Legend of Korra. Her moveset would also incorporate metalbending to make her stand out from Toph. The problem with her is her VA. She's voiced by a celebrity, that being Zelda Williams, the daughter of the late Robin Williams.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If they really are "rounding out the base roster" with the DLC I think that we might get a new Earthbender character added to make up for Toph getting axed, and it's looking like it's gonna be Kuvira, the main antagonist of Book 4 of The Legend of Korra. Her moveset would also incorporate metalbending to make her stand out from Toph. The problem with her is her VA. She's voiced by a celebrity, that being Zelda Williams, the daughter of the late Robin Williams.
Smash has ruined me cause for about 3 seconds I thought you said Earthbound

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just one more post from me on dlc for now, but if the first wave of dlc is 'paid' dlc, I think it's important that the characters would actually Sell. Some of the characters talked about I just don't see them selling them enough, unless they play super fun. It's also another reason I find some of the leaker claims to be hard to believe, though still even there it's still important that a character is popular enough to sell.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Nigel was always by far the most popular character of the show and anyone pretending that Eliza should take his spot clearly never watched the show.

Either way, Nigel is a main character. He's not THE main, but most (if not every?) episode heavily focuses on him. He's not just a meme dad that they put in the game for no reason.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've said this before, but the whole "anti-meme" logic has always been a bit off to me - a bunch of people finding Morshu funny is the exact same thing as a bunch of people finding Ridley scary or Banjo nostalgic - a shared mass emotional response to a single character. "Memes = bad" is already a bit iffy when applied to Smash, but with Nickelodeon, almost every possible option is first and foremost a comedic character, regardless of how much hidden depths their shows or characters have. Hugh and Jimmy resonated with fans for the exact same reasons - they're funny, one makes funny inventions that backfire in a funny way, and the other shows up at funny times to do and say funny things - and both have huge fandoms based on that, those different character fandoms just communicate their likes for the characters differently.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
It could be both MLAATR and Rugrats. Angelica* and Vexus have enough star power to sell while still rounding out the mediocre impressions of a DLC pass. They aren't exactly show stoppers that new reps like Timmy would be nor are they are far from the most popular like Mr Krabs and Zuko would be. Perfectly in the middle..

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It could be both MLAATR and Rugrats. Angelica* and Vexus have enough star power to sell while still rounding out the mediocre impressions of a DLC pass. They aren't exactly show stoppers that new reps like Timmy would be nor are they are far from the most popular like Mr Krabs and Zuko would be. Perfectly in the middle..
Also PapaGenos said that while he agree that the DLC are overall mediocre, two of the pick are still fairly good.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
worth enough that the leakers who first leaked the bosses said vexus's robots show up as enemies despite her not being in story mode so maybe they're holding her off on purpose

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, I've seen people constantly suggest Casey as a new TMNT rep for DLC, but I don't think I've even seen anyone consider this guy.

He's easily one of the most prominent villains in the franchise, and there's seemingly no sign of him in Story Mode. I don't know if he'd be their first pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You know, I've seen people constantly suggest Casey as a new TMNT rep for DLC, but I don't think I've even seen anyone consider this guy.

He's easily one of the most prominent villains in the franchise, and there's seemingly no sign of him in Story Mode. I don't know if he'd be their first pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made it.
Isn't his cameo back?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

I’ve actually reverted back to Karai I think, though I think there is a workaround now

Apparently, while she wasn’t in the original series, she was in TMNT Tournament Fighters, a game that’s already been inspiration for elements of NASB, so technically she does have an 87 era design

Moreover she’s apparently the big bad of this game so maybe that makes her a viable candidate

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’ve actually reverted back to Karai I think, though I think there is a workaround now

Apparently, while she wasn’t in the original series, she was in TMNT Tournament Fighters, a game that’s already been inspiration for elements of NASB, so technically she does have an 87 era design

Moreover she’s apparently the big bad of this game so maybe that makes her a viable candidate
Although Nick would object to her inclusion because she never appeared in the 87 series itself.

AreJay25

Yeah she's the final boss of Tournament Fighters. Helps that she's also in Shredder's Revenge which is obviously 80's inspired.

The lack of an appearance in the 87 cartoon might hurt her, but then again, Casey barely shows up in it and he's a prime candidate lol.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nickelodeon would've had to approve the design of an 80s inspired Karai, so that shows they have interest in the character. And as a Turtles character they definitely own her so they can say whatever they want in regards to her potential inclusion.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
worth enough that the leakers who first leaked the bosses said vexus's robots show up as enemies despite her not being in story mode so maybe they're holding her off on purpose
I think it's possible that they might have intended for Vexus herself to be a boss before she got scrapped.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Haven't watched the whole thing, but so far she seems to be the new Marth in place of Linc and Leo.. Also she's huge, Jesus.

EDIT: The new DP stage looks really cool, Melee Yoshi Adventure layout!

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Haven't watched the whole thing, but so far she seems to be the new Marth in place of Linc and Leo.. Also she's huge, Jesus.
NASB2 said Happy Gothtober.

She looks cool, though her alts are a little lame. I get it though, all she really had was the pirate fit.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Ember definitely looks fun, particularly since she basically has Cloud's Limit Gauge, and those Specials look like fun, particularly her Down Special. I also like that they referenced her main song with the name of her Aerial Down Strong.

Not much else to say other than Ember's looking pretty good!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Another character that seems fun. I'll definitely enjoy trying Ember and plenty out.

AreJay25

Ember looks pretty cool. Looks like a combo of Marth and Cloud which is more than enough for me to play her lol. That down special is either gonna be really good or really bad depending on how they balance it.

Also, she has a downwards angled air fireball, which probably means she's going to be annoying as hell to hit for some characters lol.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ember looks alright. I'm not big on all-rounders or swordie-type characters and usually find them boring, but she's got some neat tools. That downward-angled fireball in particular looks like a ton of fun to edgeguard with. Probably won't play her a lot, but I'll give her a spin when the game is out.
Also, it seems like we're actually looking at the final version of the game now, what with the UI being more complete and Patrick having his actual render next to his stock icon. Maybe this'll affect how things look going forward.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Is that green alt of her a reference?
No, it seems to be an original color. To be fair though, Ember only ever had one other appearance than her default look, which is included; they had to fill out her other alts with something. Thankfully it looks like this time they're being given a little more freedom with the properties.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jam Session looks like it's supposed to be a useful version of Jigglypuff's Sing

Faso115

Smash Lord
Good thing she doesnt have just different colors of her base design. Cause...you know...

Top Bottom