• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hold on, the inflatable muscle arms are a light attack??

Also, I really hope that orchestral song is the Fry Cook Games stage theme and not the game's main theme. Absolute downgrade if it's the latter.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 375914

Here lies Eugene Krab's hopes and dreams
What a baby
I had a feeling Krabs' chances of being DLC were being a bit overstated. Then again they already know how to disable stage cameos to accommodate who's being played, Spunky only appears on Rocko's stage if he's not being played as.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I really liked this new format of characters showcase, it's way more fun and dynamic than the first game showcase attacking a non moving character.

And the New moveset looks pretty fun too, I'm mostly glad that the aerial moves are not just "Aerial version of Ground moves". I'm surprised that they didn't showcased the super moves, I'm not mad in this case because we already saw Spongebob one but hopefully they'll show the others.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mr. Krabs in the background of Fry Cook Games got me by surprise!

Don't tell me, this is a hint of him not being playable?
Cries in Mr. Krabs
Not for base roster, but...

Maybe DLC later down the line...

There's examples where characters who are fighters appear on stages if you're not playing as them.
(Toon Link in Smash 4, Guile in Street Fighter 6, and Spunky if you're not playing as Rocko in NSAB 1)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Gotta say I appreciate the concise showcase format here. Nice, quick overview without compromising on showing off a majority of the character's moveset.

They definitely want Spongebob to be this game's Mario equivalent lol. They even made his down special a reflector now.

Oh and uhhh guess we'll see if Krabs makes it to DLC. It'd certainly be the most fitting way for him to become playable lmao.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Initial thoughts on the first showcase:
  • Love the direction they're taking the showcases now! It has a more seamless flow than the showcases of the first game (which were just talk, show, talk, show, match at the end).
  • Spongebob's animations and facial expressions are simply wonderful. He just looks happy to be here.
  • I think every character is going to have a sort of 1, 2, 3 jab combo, which is actually something I really liked when they did it with Jenny in the first game.
  • 0:04 Is that a Patrick-Man costume I see?
  • At the 0:34 mark, when Spongebob uses his forward aerial to knock April forward, he gets slime from it. However, when he spikes April with it, no slime is collected. Maybe it's an indicator that slime mode has been activated?
  • 0:45 NOW IT'S TIME TO BRING IT AROUND TOWN!!!
  • I'm curious as to how Spongebob's Reef Blower is being used here. It looks like's it's his down strong in the air, but does it launch you up?
  • 0:54 OH YEAH MR. KRABS!! Also, I think that's Jimmy's grab?
  • Is his side special a reference to the water bowl he wears when he enters Sandy's Treedome?
  • 1:08 April twirls her mic around. I'm assuming that this is part of her jab combo.
  • Seems like Spongebob's up special can be used for some great vertical combos with the slime cancel. Up-light - up-light - up-special - slime cancel - down special - up-strong. Something like that.
  • 1:37 Teabagging online with Spongebob is gonna be the funniest crap ever
  • 1:45 Goddard?! I'm assuming he will be part of Jimmy's moveset.
  • Mermaid Man Costume for Spongebob. Makes sense
  • 1:49 Jimmy has Snake's side special?!
  • It's cool we got to see more of the temple stage. It looks really nice and it seems to have fireball stage hazards on it.
Overall, me performing Spongebob combos in training mode:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
If we get cuts, its gonna be yet another blow to marketing. 11 characters are cut, almost half of the original game's roster, many of which are popular mains. There's probably gonna be people who stick to the first game because their favorite characters are still there, and as a result the playerbase could be split between two games. Not what Nick wants and certainly not what Ludocity wants either.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't really care about cuts anymore. This is an in-name-only sequel so it's not really like their playstyles would transfer 1-to-1. I can understand why some people would care, but I'm not one of them. Don't want cuts either though.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm glad the bite move is gone. It never felt fitting for Spongebob as a character. Him flipping people with a spatula fits much better since being a frycook is such a huge part of his identity that went totally unrepresented in the first game besides the up-special.

I don't really care about cuts anymore. This is an in-name-only sequel so it's not really like their playstyles would transfer 1-to-1. I can understand why some people would care, but I'm not one of them. Don't want cuts either though.
This is one of those instances where attachments to the characters themselves is a big part of why none of us want cuts. Yeah the movesets will be different but these are characters a lot of us grew up with or have grown to appreciate because of NASB1 and it'd be a shame to not be able to play as them anymore.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm glad the bite move is gone. It never felt fitting for Spongebob as a character. Him flipping people with a spatula fits much better since being a frycook is such a huge part of his identity that went totally unrepresented in the first game besides the up-special.

This is one of those instances where attachments to the characters themselves is a big part of why none of us want cuts. Yeah the movesets will be different but these are characters a lot of us grew up with or have grown to appreciate because of NASB1 and it'd be a shame to not be able to play as them anymore.
You're forgetting he's one of those "fighting game characters are only functions" people.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You're forgetting he's one of those "fighting game characters are only functions" people.
Even then it looks like they're trying to emphasize the functions SpongeBob and Patrick were supposed to be in the first place. SpongeBob is shown to still be a simplistic Mario-esque character, and Patrick's shown to have a Lariat special, which is something grapplers can have instead of just having all their specials be grabs.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If we get cuts, its gonna be yet another blow to marketing. 11 characters are cut, almost half of the original game's roster, many of which are popular mains. There's probably gonna be people who stick to the first game because their favorite characters are still there, and as a result the playerbase could be split between two games. Not what Nick wants and certainly not what Ludocity wants either.
Especially with the possible loss of such iconic and popular characters as Sandy, Toph, Leo, Mikey, Shredder, Lincoln, Powdered Toast Man, Helga, Oblina, CatDog, and Hugh. I just can't see the worst case scenario of all unconfirmed veterans being cut actually happen.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even then it looks like they're trying to emphasize the functions SpongeBob and Patrick were supposed to be in the first place. SpongeBob is shown to still be a simplistic Mario-esque character, and Patrick's shown to have a Lariat special, which is something grapplers can have instead of just having all their specials be grabs.
Honestly I don't really care that much about reworks anymore - as long as they don't turn Aang into Smash Sonic, I'm fine - since this is an in-name-only sequel and next to no skills from the first will transfer over to the second either way. What we've seen from the movesets so far has been great, knowing that. Plus, even if Leo and Lincoln are cut, I'm sure another character will be able to fill that Marth niche for me. Hopefully Grandma, but if it's someone I don't find that exciting from an inclusion perspective like Azula or Donatello I'll still take it.

Not trying to invalidate your emotional attachments, (hell, I'd be kinda bummed by a Hugh or PTM cut given how funny their inclusions are, even if not to the point of it being distracting or detrimental) but that's just not how I personally play games anymore. I have my character wants too (see my "location"), but they're not makers-or-breakers. No 2nd Rocko rep isn't really gonna impact my enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Stop calling it an in-name only sequel. A sequel is a sequel

Adventure of Link is a sequel to TLoZ and it plays nothing alike.

It's still a platform fighting game featuring Nickelodeon characters, and it shares the same name, development team, publisher, etc.

A lot of the things that arent around anymore are things people didn't like about the first game. The only one that people seem to actually miss is strafing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stop calling it an in-name only sequel. A sequel is a sequel

Adventure of Link is a sequel to TLoZ and it plays nothing alike.

It's still a platform fighting game featuring Nickelodeon characters, and it shares the same name, development team, publisher, etc.

A lot of the things that arent around anymore are things people didn't like about the first game. The only one that people seem to actually miss is strafing.
Are you seriously getting mad at me for being positive about something you're also positive about, just in a different way??? Come on now.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Are you seriously getting mad at me for being positive about something you're also positive about, just in a different way??? Come on now.
No, I think it's silly that you have to justify your positivity to yourself by pointing out something that is 1. objectively incorrect and 2. completely unnecessary. You can just be happy about things without having to justify it to yourself man.

Youre allowed to just be positive

Last edited:
Top Bottom