• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zhu (falco) vs bb (fox) <----rate my fox

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Eh tips?

Work on your tech skill. It might be decent, but it really is good enough only when you can do everything you try to do 100% of the time.

Don't be so predictable, mix it up. Use shine or powershield the lazers sometime, might mess up the Falco's game.

Shield more, it's really useful. I don't get why people don't shield...

Work on chasing the falco around after you get a hit, after a tech, after he DIs your move, anything. Also concentrate on getting him off the edge and shinespiking him. I would powershield or shine most of the lazers, seems slike it would work on a Falco like Zhu's.
Zhu seems too aggressive, shield a little and punish when you see an opening, it should go okay.

So first of all, work to perfect your tech skill. Tech skill is underrated(maybe overrated if people think you're good...). Then work on playing smart =) You can overcome that Falco with a little time.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hey, i don't have any tourney exp either (unless you count one 2 1/2 years ago when i didn't know how to WD and played samus and kept rolling).

i should be asking you for tips. As one inexperienced guy to another. If you click on the link in my sig and check out the last three fox vids i'd be very happy. They're about a month and a half old and my tech skill is much improved now(i can infinite drill shine peach across FD about 75% of the time) but i'd still like critiques on the older ones.

I can say that mostly your problem lies in judgement. Your tech skills very good, just a vew slipups at times(as opposed to mine, though I suppose that's we're team SD), and you've got most of the character specific stuff down pat. It seemed like you started waveshining more as the matches went on, and that's very good for tech chasing. You've tgot chaining down really well, and your shine timing is very nice. I personally think you should use more lasers. They might not be that incredibly useful, especially against a falco, but approaching with triple lasers and shls is always better than nothing. I'd like to see you playing some other chars.

go to a tourney this summer so we can be tourney nubs together ^-^

btw, how long have you been maining fox?

me a newbie

Smash Rookie
Ive been maining fox since i started...but didnt get know the good stuff until about 6 months back

and i dont own a gamecube, so i dont get to practice often...

Top Bottom