• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
MATSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marth vs lucina on stamina mode :smirk:

fun but I keep losing

Matsushi

True Blood
Then there's also the gen 2 remakes which. I spent ALOT of time on... Soul Silver ate a lot of my freedom. And yeah. I feel a little ridiculous but I always nicknamed my Pokemon different things. Sometimes cutest, some times just profane and childish. Which is so like me.

And YAS. I need Bayonetta 2 as well. I played the first by borrowing it from a friend and I couldn't stop playing it... I love that game. Plus the main character is amazinggggg. (I love short hair on gorls.:love:)

Oh and that action replay led to many a disaster: I got bored of some games after using it a lot... Probably not the best idea. I was too spoiled...

I also need smash. For obvious reasons. I need it... And an adapter. And maybe an Amiibo... GOSH I DON'T HAVETHE MONEY FOR THIS...
Sometimes I got so lazy that I just left their names the same but I didn't really like how their names were in capitals so I'd rectify that. But sometimes their names would be like "derp", or "bob" or even just "lol". But yeah, God help me if I ever have a child.

Bayonetta 2 is so fun, and the graphics are just incredible. Bayonetta is simply stunning with that short hair and those heelies aaaaah.

I had an action replay but I only used it to get Darkrai because he's like, one of my favourite Pokemon.

Adhadk it's okay! We can be poor together. But ah, I remember the hastle of getting an adapter because they were all out of stock. I don't even have a official Nintendo one but a Mayflash one, though it works all the same! :3
MATSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marth vs lucina on stamina mode :smirk:

fun but I keep losing
CAP'N!!!!!!!!! How do you do?

Oh damn, I hate stamina mode. I always lose????????

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Toon Link I'd agree with but Link is really hard to play on wifi. I mean laggy wifi. People think he's slow with big attacks and projectiles so he gets a boost but that's not true at all.

Any lag offstage means death, often because his recovery falls an inch short. It's hard to tell if a bomb was pulled because hitstun really ended. Link's offstage game is terrible on wifi but pretty good offline. Link has a fast fall speed and shot recovery but he has a lot of ways to defend himself and fake out the opponent.

Link also loses his hit confirm chains and has to guess. He has some combos and chains but they're very tight timing and change with %s.

True combos (tested in training) :
Bair 1st hit>reverse upB on ground.
Bomb thrown down from the air>any aerial or footstool.
Footstool>FF Nair>arrow lock.
Bomb thrown forward when standing next to the opponent (at point black range so they are launched up toward Link) >Utilt/Usmash or Uair at higher %s.
Forward bomb throw>jab/Ftilt/Fair/Utilt/Usmash/upB (ground or air)/Zair/grab/Dash attack... pretty much everything except projectiles or Dair provided Link acts immediately and can reach the opponent after the bomb blows them up.
Any projectile>any other projectile if positioned right.
Zair 1st hit>immediately land>jab/upB/Dsmash
Fair 1st hit>jab/upB/Dsamsh
Nair>jab/upB/Dsmash (I have trouble getting this consistently so the timing might be tight or % specific)
Returning custom boomerang 2 or 3>any attack.
Strong Nair>arrow lock: Nair starts tripping at at 40%ish-65%ish (provided the opponent doesn't tech).
Weak Nair>arrow lock: Weak Nair trips from 90%ish on (provided the opponent doesn't tech). Arrows might need a slight charge the higher the damage %s.

Keep in mind these combos are tight timing and only work if the opponent is close enough for the followup to connect immediately. The followup attack is damage and spacing dependent.

These chains are easy but seem possible to escape:
Bair>upB in the air (maybe combo?)
Bair>Bair
Ledge trump>tap away from ledge>double jump>Bair (maybe true combo?)
Utilt>Utilt/Usmash at low %s
Dthrow>Ftilt/Utilt/Usmash/Fair/Uair, depending on the opponent's DI and damage %.
Jab 2 cancel>quick attack based on reads.

If Link waits at all the opponent escapes with 5-10% damage so on wifi you have to start something like throw a bomb>Dash attack or SH Fair (or dash grab if it's shielded) guessing if it hits. If the opponent dodges Link gets punished hard. The same goes for Fsmash; look for hit confirm on wifi and the opponent gets away with 7% because Fsmash 2 comes out too slow but if Fsmash 1 and 2 are dodged Fsmash 2 has over a second of endlag. I've lost a lot of KOs from not following up with Fsmash 2 soon enough.

Link's projectiles get a chip damage buff from wifi but lose their frame trap potential. Link can't press B to spam. All Link's actions are used for frame traps and spacing but he has to true camping. It's all based on reading where the opponent is and making the 3 projectiles and other attacks work together. Boomerang has 3 angles at 2 strengths each, Link also wants to preform an action to cancel the catch animation. Arrows distance is based on their charge. Bombs change what state Link's in as all his standard attacks are replaced with bomb throws/drops. If he doesn't pull a bomb when I think or drops the bomb from being hit (random) Link will do something entirely different. They also have a set fuse that's hard to judge on wifi.
His projectiles were made to combo into other attacks on hit-confirm and that's were lag really hurts Link. It's very hard for him to kill without guessing on wifi.
I agree they are harder to shield but it's not the same lag boost other characters get. Link gets out camped by worse campers in lag like Zelda.

Link's big attacks aren't like Ike's/Marth's. He has 14 frames start-up, 2 frames attack only on his sword low and infront of him that can be hopped over or rolled past with Fsmash for example. The only attacks that don't cover a specific space near Link are Ftilt/Utilt/Nair/Dair and all others have blind spots (since Usmash is so inconsistent if it doesn't hit properly).
Link also has a terrible time punishing ledge getups with his frame 12 grab when you can't react it time.

/just wanted to clear that up. I hate trying to use Link in lag. He's much better offline or in good connections.
Bro anyone is better offline XD. But his toolkit is just annoying to deal with in wifi even if he's harder to play as well. At least yours is much more mobile, but take FG Links into consideration in which you have a completely plain stage with off-timing for perfect shielding and then they just keep shooting things and jabbing once you get close.

It's not impossible, nor is it hard, but FG Links are one of the reasons I often either leave a room or just leave FG entirely. Nothing more boring to fight.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So many games, so little money gODAMNIT. I'm definitely getting Persona 5 tho, no doubt about that
I know that feel. I'm saving up to get a PS4 after seeing so much of Bloodborne, and SFV of course.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Aha, that's interesting! Speaking of Pokemon, I haven't played any Pokemon games in such a long while. I was thinking of making a new game for Pokemon Pearl as that's personally my favourite Pokemon game. Though I do remember my Palkia being level 100, so I'm a bit skeptical of doing so.
Hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. -aggressively high fives you- And same, same!! Most people bought Diamond, but to be honest, I bought Pearl because it had a pink colour scheme. OTL And I was simply intrigued by Palkia's design. :3 Dialga is still cool though.
I bought Platinum so I got the best of both worlds plus Origin Form Giratina:shades:

I liked them all equally so I had all 3 on my team.

I even caught Palkia with a Net ball instead of a generic Ultra Ball so I'm proud of that.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Sometimes I got so lazy that I just left their names the same but I didn't really like how their names were in capitals so I'd rectify that. But sometimes their names would be like "derp", or "bob" or even just "lol". But yeah, God help me if I ever have a child.

Bayonetta 2 is so fun, and the graphics are just incredible. Bayonetta is simply stunning with that short hair and those heelies aaaaah.

I had an action replay but I only used it to get Darkrai because he's like, one of my favourite Pokemon.

Adhadk it's okay! We can be poor together. But ah, I remember the hastle of getting an adapter because they were all out of stock. I don't even have a official Nintendo one but a Mayflash one, though it works all the same! :3

CAP'N!!!!!!!!! How do you do?

Oh damn, I hate stamina mode. I always lose????????
Mine got a little too elaborate... Fuzzybuggle, Vivi, D*uchewaffle, That fish thing, Why, and a couple of others.

And yeah. I'm really looking forward to finally getting Bayonetta 2. (Surree... Definetly not for Bayonetta's "physical appeal") My favorite Pokemon happens to either Zangoose or Victini so far... SOOOO CUTEEEE

And my friend actually has the Mayflash one himself! XD It works fine so I'm just going to get one of those instead. Nintendo needs to pick up the pace with making them not so hard to find. Same with Amiibos. -.-

I would post some Bayonetta art on here but I feel it may be too suggestive and I'm on mobile. :p

Close to Waifu status but not yet Bayonetta. X3

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I would post some Bayonetta art on here but I feel it may be too suggestive and I'm on mobile. :p

Don't worry gorl I got your back, I'll start things off with some sassy Bae-netta GIFs~

Like holy, dat walk though. Even our sass queen Zelda could take notes from her.

I'm actually really indifferent about Bayonetta, surprisingly.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
So... Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has been announced for release on the Nintendo 3DS in Autumn 2015 in Japan, the Winter of 2015 in North America and Early 2016 in Europe.

I honestly don't know what to think of this.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Don't worry gorl I got your back, I'll start things off with some sassy Bae-netta GIFs~

Like holy, dat walk though. Even our sass queen Zelda could take notes from her.

My main costume to use. <3

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So... Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has been announced for release on the Nintendo 3DS in Autumn 2015 in Japan, the Winter of 2015 in North America and Early 2016 in Europe.

Next up: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: Arcade Edition.
After that: Pokemon Ultra Mystery Dungeon.

Co-developed by Capcom.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

... Grr...

I feel those dirty thoughts of yours may be rubbing off on me.

I'm both mad and not so surprisingly aroused.

That's one step closer to Waifu status for Bayonetta. :love:

Matsushi

True Blood
I know that feel. I'm saving up to get a PS4 after seeing so much of Bloodborne, and SFV of course.
Bloodborne is really good and I highly recommend it!
Speaking of which, you're from London. Are you going to the London MCM expo this weekend? O.o
Mine got a little too elaborate... Fuzzybuggle, Vivi, D*uchewaffle, That fish thing, Why, and a couple of others.

And yeah. I'm really looking forward to finally getting Bayonetta 2. (Surree... Definetly not for Bayonetta's "physical appeal") My favorite Pokemon happens to either Zangoose or Victini so far... SOOOO CUTEEEE

And my friend actually has the Mayflash one himself! XD It works fine so I'm just going to get one of those instead. Nintendo needs to pick up the pace with making them not so hard to find. Same with Amiibos. -.-

I laughed so hard at "why" for some reason ohmygod. But yeah, some names are just so weird or are plain out of laziness.

Lolololol! Definitely NOT for her physical appeal. Nope, nope. 100% gameplay. xD It is genuinely a very good game though, action packed, beautiful graphics, all that jazz. Awww, I love Victini! I love Darkrai, :093: and :079:.

Yeah, they work just as efficiently as the official Nintendo ones. I haven't had any problems with it and I've had it for quite a while now. Nintendo do need to work for its demand though, I remember when I preordered the adapter and Smash 4 bundle and it was supposed to arrive when the game was released, but then it was postponed to December 19th, and then they cancelled the order all together. It was a dark time.

Aww, that's fine. :3
I'm purty gewd

watching someone being pummled until they die is so gruesome to watch in stamina mode
Ouch, that sounds brutal as hell omg

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Now I feel bad for not finishing Bayo 2

I think it'll be an Eshop exclusive freemium game
ala Rumble World and Shuffle

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Speaking of which, you're from London. Are you going to the London MCM expo this weekend? O.o

I laughed so hard at "why" for some reason ohmygod. But yeah, some names are just so weird or are plain out of laziness.

Lolololol! Definitely NOT for her physical appeal. Nope, nope. 100% gameplay. xD It is genuinely a very good game though, action packed, beautiful graphics, all that jazz. Awww, I love Victini! I love Darkrai, :093: and :079:.

Yeah, they work just as efficiently as the official Nintendo ones. I haven't had any problems with it and I've had it for quite a while now. Nintendo do need to work for its demand though, I remember when I preordered the adapter and Smash 4 bundle and it was supposed to arrive when the game was released, but then it was postponed to December 19th, and then they cancelled the order all together. It was a dark time.

Aww, that's fine. :3

Ouch, that sounds brutal as hell omg
Oh "Why", well his formal extended title is: "Why do you exist I have no use for you other than for HMs you worthless Pokemon" the 3rd.

And yeah. I'm no perv. Trust me. Although I have no shame in pointing out the physical qualities of video game and anime characters and "admiring them". Bayonetta is no exception.

Victini is KAWAIII!!! >w< it's so cute I would just cuddle it so much!! And he's useful in battle too! ^^ Zangoose always appealed to me as sort of the bad*ss type. Just really cool looking. Not that useful though.

Ouch! I didn't know that happened to people... That's awful! >.< well I'll just buckle down and use that Mayflash one. No harm in that.

Oh yeah. And also, HALP. THERE'S A GIRL I'VE NEVER NOTICED HERE ON CAMPUS AND SHE'S REALLY CUTE AND I'M SITTING HERE BLUSHING LIKE A FOOL BECAUSE I'M A NERVOUS WRECK OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH..... And she's sitting alone so I have no excuse... Help me... ;-; I have no idea how to determine if she's gay or not. I don't want be awkward...

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
No, I didn't even know the Expo was happening... that, and I have no money. =X

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Yall realizing how dry the Wii U library is? Finally.

Only Wii U game im buying is Zelda which is out next year. :(

PS4
-SF5
-Mortal Kombat
-Tekken 7
-Kingdom hearts 3
-Assasins creed

Nows the time to get the PS4 gg nintendo.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yall realizing how dry the Wii U library is? Finally.

Only Wii U game im buying is Zelda which is out next year. :(

PS4
-SF5
-Mortal Kombat
-Tekken 7
-Kingdom hearts 3
-Assasins creed

Nows the time to get the PS4 gg nintendo.
Oh yeah I forgot about Tekken and Kingdom Hearts, couple more games I need to add to my list.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can't afford a PS4, but even if I could, there's only one game for it I'm interested in (MGS5), and that's being released on PS3 anyway. Not gonna buy a €350 console just to get one game with better graphics.

Matsushi

True Blood
Oh "Why", well his formal extended title is: "Why do you exist I have no use for you other than for HMs you worthless Pokemon" the 3rd.

And yeah. I'm no perv. Trust me. Although I have no shame in pointing out the physical qualities of video game and anime characters and "admiring them". Bayonetta is no exception.

Victini is KAWAIII!!! >w< it's so cute I would just cuddle it so much!! And he's useful in battle too! ^^ Zangoose always appealed to me as sort of the bad*ss type. Just really cool looking. Not that useful though.

Ouch! I didn't know that happened to people... That's awful! >.< well I'll just buckle down and use that Mayflash one. No harm in that.

Oh yeah. And also, HALP. THERE'S A GIRL I'VE NEVER NOTICED HERE ON CAMPUS AND SHE'S REALLY CUTE AND I'M SITTING HERE BLUSHING LIKE A FOOL BECAUSE I'M A NERVOUS WRECK OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH..... And she's sitting alone so I have no excuse... Help me... ;-; I have no idea how to determine if she's gay or not. I don't want be awkward...
Ohmygod, lol. That reminds me, I remember when I left my Magikarp in the daycare for daaays, I wanted him to be level 100 but not be a Gyarados just for the lols.

Same, same!! You're literally just like me ohmygod. I'm always like "damn, he's handsome as hell" or "she's so beautiful omg". Sometimes when I'm playing Bayonetta, I literally turn her around and stare at her for a few minutes like "damn", and then I proceed to kick butt.

I know right? A friend of mine has a plush toy of him and he's head is massive so I just us it as a pillow when I'm at hers. Zangoose is very cool as well, he looks mad all the time. xD

Yeah, I was so angry, I remember. I ran home from class to find out that it was delayed. >: o

TELL HER SHE'S PRETTY! Compliment her eyes or something, it's not creepy at all, she'd be flattered!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I can't afford a PS4, but even if I could, there's only one game for it I'm interested in (MGS5), and that's being released on PS3 anyway. Not gonna buy a €350 console just to get one game with better graphics.
Aren't cross-gen games kind of crappy in the performance department in previous gen consoles? At least I read less than great things about the PS3 version of games like Shadows of Mordor and Far Cry 4.
Can't say I'm awfully interested in the PS4 either, while the amount of games I want for it are about the same as the WiiU, I can also get those on PC and it's stuff I can live without for years, so.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Aren't cross-gen games kind of crappy in the performance department in previous gen consoles?
For Ground Zeroes at least, it runs at 30fps on PS3, and the graphics aren't as realistic as they are on PS4, so I assume they're doing the same with the full game. Doesn't really concern me that much though, since the game is still playable.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Sounds super!:happysheep:
Please go back to sprites. ;-;

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Ohmygod, lol. That reminds me, I remember when I left my Magikarp in the daycare for daaays, I wanted him to be level 100 but not be a Gyarados just for the lols.

Same, same!! You're literally just like me ohmygod. I'm always like "damn, he's handsome as hell" or "she's so beautiful omg". Sometimes when I'm playing Bayonetta, I literally turn her around and stare at her for a few minutes like "damn", and then I proceed to kick butt.

I know right? A friend of mine has a plush toy of him and he's head is massive so I just us it as a pillow when I'm at hers. Zangoose is very cool as well, he looks mad all the time. xD

Yeah, I was so angry, I remember. I ran home from class to find out that it was delayed. >: o

TELL HER SHE'S PRETTY! Compliment her eyes or something, it's not creepy at all, she'd be flattered!
Just try and guess what Pokemon Why is? (Definetly not Bibarel)

I'm not too keen on the physical aspects of men, but I can see how "normal" girls find them attractive, like muscles.. Masculinity, eh... Idk. You'd probably understand... You go both ways? X3 I'm not one to ask about why guys are hot for most women. I'm kind of the same way when it comes to games. I remember in Scott Pilgrim: The Game, all the sprites had RIDICULOUS jiggle physics. Like, it was hard not to notice. And they were Sprites. XD I'm no artist but I love some of the fan art some people make for female characters, even some suggestive things. XD (turn her around, kick "butt" haha... I get it...)

Zangoose can be cute too. >w< he looks like he just needs a hug! :3

And well I'm still sitting here blushing and looking like a fool... Luckily she still hasn't noticed me...

Alright, I'm going to talk to her...

Slowly...

Any minute now... (SHE LOOKED AT ME SHE LOOKED AT ME)

Ugh....

OK OK, I'm going... Wish me luck... 0.0

I'm totally not nervous... Or stalling...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
... Grr...

I feel those dirty thoughts of yours may be rubbing off on me.

I'm both mad and not so surprisingly aroused.

That's one step closer to Waifu status for Bayonetta. :love:

I-I-I don't have dirty thoughts! ∑ (Ω ∆ Ω ;; )

Nopenopenopenotatall

Blame berserker-baka-chan >=(

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Devil Jins laugh needs to be a forum weapon.

Anyone know when Tekken 7 is coming out? Other than Sm4sh that's the fighting game im really good at, i would say SF3 too but they dumbed down the mechanics in SF4 and most likely SF5(parry i miss you).
Nopenopenopenotatall
Are you meant to be that stuttering pig from looney toons? bedaddabedadabedaaddee that's all folks.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Just try and guess what Pokemon Why is? (Definetly not Bibarel)

I'm not too keen on the physical aspects of men, but I can see how "normal" girls find them attractive, like muscles.. Masculinity, eh... Idk. You'd probably understand... You go both ways? X3 I'm not one to ask about why guys are hot for most women. I'm kind of the same way when it comes to games. I remember in Scott Pilgrim: The Game, all the sprites had RIDICULOUS jiggle physics. Like, it was hard not to notice. And they were Sprites. XD I'm no artist but I love some of the fan art some people make for female characters, even some suggestive things. XD (turn her around, kick "butt" haha... I get it...)

Zangoose can be cute too. >w< he looks like he just needs a hug! :3

And well I'm still sitting here blushing and looking like a fool... Luckily she still hasn't noticed me...

Alright, I'm going to talk to her...

Slowly...

Any minute now... (SHE LOOKED AT ME SHE LOOKED AT ME)

Ugh....

OK OK, I'm going... Wish me luck... 0.0

I'm totally not nervous... Or stalling...
OHMYGOD BIBAREL? How could you??? I'm kidding, I never actually caught one before, but just look how adorable this dork is

It's yeah, it usually depends, it could be muscles, sharp features, or just their sense of dress. I do find the attraction in both genders, so I guess so! I am a little unsure of my sexuality myself, or I haven't found myself more or less. I've been labelling myself as heterosexual for so long, but the amount of pretty girls I see, I'm kinda like "wow am i really tho????" xD Though, lol! Those sprites you're talking about kinda reminds me of Lichi Faye-Ling from Blazblue. xD

Yeah, he indeed looks like he is in need of a hug. Maybe he'd smile for once!

Also, DID YOU DO EEEET YET????

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
OH SO WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING ROB EARLIER!?!?

I guess I'm the only one who actually likes fighting ROB. I mean, my brother does main him so I am conditioned to fight him, but even on FG or against other people, I don't mind fighting ROB in the ever so slightest. If only my brother was better at this game, I would get you girls to fight him for practice.

Is this my masochistic tendencies coming back to me?
yes

Top Bottom