• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I hate fighting Duck Hunt and Villager. Worse 3 hours of my life. :p
If you didn't have a reflector that I have to play around Villager matches would go quicker. Just saying.

My "probability to return" tier list for characters cut from previous games (not ordered within tiers):

S: Ice Climbers
A: Wolf, Lucas
B: Squirtle, Ivysaur
C: Snake
D: Pichu, Roy, Young Link

The Melee clones basically have no chance of returning. Pichu was a joke character in the first place, Roy would be pointless thanks to Lucina (who I feel should be assimilated into Marth as an alt), and Young Link was replaced by Toon Link and doesn't really exist in new Zelda games (MM is a remake, it doesn't count). Doc has been made different enough although I feel he could get a few moveset tweaks.

Snake and the other Pokémon would switch places were it not for Snake being third party and really only being in Brawl as a favor to Hideo Kojima. Squirtle and Ivysaur were kind of weird additions in the first place (Ivysaur moreso), though they were unique. I'd rather see Snake back before them, though.

Wolf and Lucas were interesting takes on established characters (Wolf was my favorite to play as from that series) and I could see them come back. Ice Climbers were intended to be included in Smash 4 and were only omitted due to hardware limitations, so they seem like they woukd be made top priority if a workaround is ever found.

I'll list some characters I think are likely to be newcomers some other time.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If you didn't have a reflector that I have to play around Villager matches would go quicker. Just saying.

My "probability to return" tier list for characters cut from previous games (not ordered within tiers):

S: Ice Climbers
A: Wolf, Lucas
B: Squirtle, Ivysaur
C: Snake
D: Pichu, Roy, Young Link

The Melee clones basically have no chance of returning. Pichu was a joke character in the first place, Roy would be pointless thanks to Lucina (who I feel should be assimilated into Marth as an alt), and Young Link was replaced by Toon Link and doesn't really exist in new Zelda games (MM is a remake, it doesn't count). Doc has been made different enough although I feel he could get a few moveset tweaks.

Snake and the other Pokémon would switch places were it not for Snake being third party and really only being in Brawl as a favor to Hideo Kojima. Squirtle and Ivysaur were kind of weird additions in the first place (Ivysaur moreso), though they were unique. I'd rather see Snake back before them, though.

Wolf and Lucas were interesting takes on established characters (Wolf was my favorite to play as from that series) and I could see them come back. Ice Climbers were intended to be included in Smash 4 and were only omitted due to hardware limitations, so they seem like they woukd be made top priority if a workaround is ever found.

I'll list some characters I think are likely to be newcomers some other time.
Sm5sh theories already?

Spirst

Sm5sh theories already?
Or just DLC.

Snake's utilt was legit insane.

I always felt really dirty when I used it. Ftilt hitbox was wtf too.

If Snake made it to Smash 4, I feel like I'd constantly be comparing him to his dumb Brawl incarnation since he'd no doubt be toned down.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've heard a theory that Snake's model was going to be bigger, but they decided to make him smaller. Then they somehow forgot to reduce his hitbox sizes to match. I'm not sure I believe it (since Snake is already one of the larger human characters) but it would explain a lot. IIRC the grenade explosion radius was abnormally large, too.

If Snake were to be included, he's definitely getting his hitboxes nerf'd. That's a given. I have a feeling that they might limit him to one grenade but idk. They should completely redesign his side B because I rarely used that move against anyone I played against

Snake was also known for having hideous landing lag in SSBB btw. Wonder how that would translate into Smash 4 :awesome: ....

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Or just DLC.

Snake's utilt was legit insane.

I always felt really dirty when I used it. Ftilt hitbox was wtf too.

If Snake made it to Smash 4, I feel like I'd constantly be comparing him to his dumb Brawl incarnation since he'd no doubt be toned down.
(can this just be officially on smash boards now?)

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Someone should take that picture with the joke over the guy's head but replace the whole thing with Zelda's utilt.

And by someone I mean @Nammy12.

Are there seriously numbers at the end of your name too? Does anyone think my name is just CPU?

Do I think that?

Someone should take that picture with the joke over the guy's head but replace the whole thing with Zelda's utilt.

Last edited by a moderator:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 lmao Loveless Kun is the nickname of Ritsuka, the neko boy from Loveless :3
Mind = Blown

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54

1. I just realized you have numbers at the end of your name.

2. What are all the things I need to know about the 1975?
1. Yes, yes I do (it's my birth date d/m)

2. Urban Outfitters personified into music. That being said they're good bant & top tier summer music

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Mind = Blown

1. Yes, yes I do (it's my birth date d/m)

2. Urban Outfitters personified into music. That being said they're good bant & top tier summer music
*groan* Do they hit really close to the Indie rock I like on any of their songs?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
*groan* Do they hit really close to the Indie rock I like on any of their songs?
Depends on what you like (I have the memory of a goldfish. I would also argue they are more indie pop than anything else like their sound is so sugary or something like that yea) :3

Probably their most well known song

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Depends on what you like (I have the memory of a goldfish. I would also argue they are more indie pop than anything else like their sound is so sugary or something like that yea) :3

Probably their most well known song
They sound like music you can bob your head to, just based off of that one song. I can live with it.

For future reference:
http://youtu.be/vHEB71kD2FQ
This is one of my favorite songs.

Tournament on Saturday. Customs are banned for this one. That probably means I'm using Shulk/Mario or just Shulk all the way. I don't want to risk it by using Zelda, and I'm DEFINITELY going to avoid using Diddy. I'd love to try out Falco and Kirby, but I'd only use Kirby if customs were on. I can try using Falco but I haven't spent that much time on him.

Oh and also, 2 stocks. Bleh, but fine. I can deal with it

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Good luck!

Eww 2 stock. Still prefer 3 stock in this game. But sometimes 3 stock does take a while.

Which reminded me of an incredibly long match I had with a somewhat nooby Pikachu player. That match really took like 10 minutes.

I swear WFT's worst MU is Pikachu. All those disjointed hitboxes don't even hit that thing. Lost because lol can't grab the ******. Might think that WFT can't beat Jiggly or Kirby either. Meaning she can't be a top tier threat. :^)

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm starting to think Fox might be a worse MU for Greninja than Sheik. I'm having a lot more trouble dealing with Fox than with her. Granted, I have very little experience with good Fox players, still...

Sheik actually feels a lot more manageable than I thought she would be.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Good luck!

Eww 2 stock. Still prefer 3 stock in this game. But sometimes 3 stock does take a while.

Which reminded me of an incredibly long match I had with a somewhat nooby Pikachu player. That match really took like 10 minutes.

I swear WFT's worst MU is Pikachu. All those disjointed hitboxes don't even hit that thing. Lost because lol can't grab the ******. Might think that WFT can't beat Jiggly or Kirby either. Meaning she can't be a top tier threat. :^)
pika is bad but I feel ness is worse for Wii fit. SS is risky and he can hit Wii fit but Wii fit can't hit him

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I'm starting to think Fox might be a worse MU for Greninja than Sheik. I'm having a lot more trouble dealing with Fox than with her. Granted, I have very little experience with good Fox players, still...

Sheik actually feels a lot more manageable than I thought she would be.
Good Foxes are common as ****. Where you been playing son FG?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
MORE ADORABLE ZELINK. DUN CARE BOUT DEM OTHER SHIPPERS.

Link: "Being in the snow with my beloved immerses me in a speci-"
Zelda: "Er, your beloved? Where is she?"
Link: "......"
Zelda: "Err... umm..."

Zelderp y u so dense but that's okay I still <3 u

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
MORE ADORABLE ZELINK. DUN CARE BOUT DEM OTHER SHIPPERS.

Link: "Being in the snow with my beloved immerses me in a speci-"
Zelda: "Er, your beloved? Where is she?"
Link: "......"
Zelda: "Err... umm..."

Zelderp y u so dense but that's okay I still <3 u
But that's TP Zelda. TP Zelda would tell him to shut up & 1v1 him Fox Only on Final Destination

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Holy **** I'm gonna work with the director of "The Rescuers: Down Under."

Holy SH*T.

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

I'm a bit excited.

Top Bottom