• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
So like,

Has anyone else

Noticed how many visitors

This thread has?

I swear like all day there's like at least 3-4 people here, and it peaks at 6-8 in the evenings.

Not to mention the bonus "guest" lurkers.

That's way too active for a Zelda board!
I'm laughing way too hard at that gif..

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
So I played Smash brothers Wii-u version for the first time at school yesterday, it was a party that gave you free food and stuff and they got games2go people to come, So I tried Zelda, I have been looking at this forum and losing all hope for Zelda, but playing her, felt great.
I never noticed anyone falling out of fsmash, or usmash so whatever it is Id say it's 95% reliable, the nerf to usmash just means I will need to run and do it more, it is also very tricky with the ending hits, knocking up a Kirby into it in the third to last hit.
Her grab alone let me beat a little mac in a spotdodge battle.
I actually used feiores wind in brawl to combo, something I don't think to many people did, so I was very happy that now my combo-ender will kill if I can pull off my combo twice, but the TP is MUCH harder to control then in brawl and i'll need some practice (could have been the numchuck and wii-mote I had to use, due to them not having the Gamecube controller adapter) but I killed the people playing VERY easily.
Phantom is definitely lacking in range, but is good for making people dodge, preemptively then smacking them with the slash (this should be cancel-able like the "some moves" it mentions in those loading tips) but I also noticed it liked to flip position a lot, making me think B reversal might be too open in timing lol. Dins also hit them quite a bit, even when they tryed to dodge (the outer edge of the fireball seems to be easy to land). I think I'll be doing what I did in brawl, stick with Zelda.
I play Shiek as well, but Zelda is,to me at least, a really good character, she has issues but the teleport seems to be able to pull out some nice stuff, especially when you use it as a counter, killed quite a bit of people with that :)
All in all I'd say that damage seems to rack up a lot faster in smash 4, and fall speed definitely is faster. I don't notice half of what you guys are ranting about at all, the kick starting on frame 9 seems like it starts the same in smash 4 as it did in brawl landed over 10 of them.
Thats just my time that I played with Zelda, had about 12 wins, 4 loss's to SD's (those stages like temple and gaur plain :/ ) and 2 genuine loss's in 3 hours of play.
I don't have the Wii-u version yet I'll be getting it Christmas, but I'm going to main Zelda again, I'd main her even if she was nerfed (which literally is not going to happen, she can ONLY get better from here, keep that in mind)

Thats just my 2 cents about her, Shiek was fun to use and she has really improved, Charizard was ok, Ganondorf feels like a 10 ton brick, but Zelda was certainly my most used.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
im glad you aren't experiencing people falling out of smashes, but I cant go a single game without people falling out at least 5 times

heck

I cant even

play classic mode on an intensity

higher than 7

and have master core not fall out of f/usmash

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
They could have not known about DI, I was not watching them using their controllers, so that might be why no one fell out, I know computers will DI.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm not even talking about CPU's, I mean like the master core ball thing that sits there and doesn't input anything

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the hitbox is off the ground? In that video you said it seems to happen more often in air? Like I said I don't have the game so I never went vs master core, just people.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Maybe but it's just so sad that this is in the game. I refuse to believe it is an intentional design decision so I'm inclined to believe that they just can't be arsed to even test if Zelda's smashes work.

To be fair, Link's Fsmash also failed but that was at least patched.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have 30 or so wii u challenges left

How is all star with every character on hard possible?

Oh wait

It's not

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Last night on For Glory we were both on our last stock, but I had a solid lead. I was standing near the edge of the stage and used Din's Fire, and despite having two feet planted firmly on the ground I floated backwards off the stage and down to my death...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Death by magic magnificence. Or rather by unwillingness.

Zelda pls, don't get suicidal just because Sakurai still made you bad. ; w ;

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I think usmash is the worst move in the game before fsmash. Sure people fall out of usmash half the time, but half the time I'm not even presented with an opportunity to usmash...

fsmash>usmash=dins

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Can anybody see this? Basically, this is the only real use I've found with Din's Fire. Use it as a way to sniff out an airdodge and do a punish that may be more rewarding than that of the use of phantom. Oh and ignore my non-auto cancel Dair, haha.

And yes, it's the 3DS version, from my compilation video. :3

EDIT: It works, huzzah. Becoming a little Rion little by little. cc:

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Last night on For Glory we were both on our last stock, but I had a solid lead. I was standing near the edge of the stage and used Din's Fire, and despite having two feet planted firmly on the ground I floated backwards off the stage and down to my death...
Ugh that used to happen disturbingly often to me back on the 3DS. I haven't had it happen yet on the Wii U but I'm afraid of it happening so I never use Din's on the very edge of the stage, I make sure there is at least some tiny room.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, doing something like that with Din's, on. Bowser or someone with "slower" aerials will definitely work. Especially if it puts you in that awkward distance where air dodging is going to make you suffer the landing lag but you have to dodge because of Din's.

I think with something like this though, I would not use against people like Peach/Sheik with quick easy clank-able aerials because it would become a two fold there where

1. A sexkick Nair easily fizzles out Din's.
2. At the same time, potentially counterattacking you, especially at such an intimate distance.

Personally, in that situation I would have probably used Phantom's instead haha.

Though this is at least one other option you could use as a way to mix things up. It's certainly one of the more practical applications of Din's.

Is it too much to ask to make Din's even -1- trap mine? Just one?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah I never try Din's frame traps that often because the conditions required are so precise and it doesn't even work on most of the characters Zelda struggles with anyway.

I juts want a Din's where the hitbox lasts for more than like 1 frame.

Last edited:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
Hi Guys! I've been one of those guest lurkers for about a week now, this board convinced me to finally make an account. I used to pick Zelda has a troll character, but then decided to actually learn her and she's basically become my third character. I like how she plays even though she does have some issues...

I was playing a villager last night and two of his kills on me were with pocketed Phantoms. I got a glimpse of how awesome our down-b would be if we could store the charge and it was beautiful.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings

Puh-lease Syst

Zelda is your lifeline.

If it weren't for this little safety-sandbox called the Zelda boards modded ONLY by the good sis Aero, you'd be bannT in a minute.

Nnn this truth!

It's been a month almost and I haven't been banned.

I guess when I don't go to the other boards to troll the Irrelevina mains my accounts last a biT longer.

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
While most of these are pretty abysmal, on the bright side, her arm no longer goes spazzy for a frame during the endlag. :dkmelee:

But have you seen Peach's hand during ha upsmash?

Din's is like... there is absolutely nothing going for it at all. It's a linear projectile that you can see miles away coming, it's extremely easy to spotdodge because of it's nerfed explosion radius, cannot be cancelled nearly as fast like in Brawl, has a pitiful sour spot, less range, less maneuverability...

Seriously, there is almost absolutely nothing good about Din's Fire. I almost never, ever use it except if I'm like... a full Omega stage length away from my opponent IF they aren't like, Sheik or Sonic or Captain Falcon etc.
Excuse you.
It can kill and Sakurai said it got "additional buffing", ur just not using it right.

At least Phantom actually has some tricky setups if you're smart with it like tricking opponents into not dodging the 2nd slash of a full charge off stage, or doing some "towards the stage"" Phantom-ing like @Nairo has done. It can also be used as a "wall" every so often to mess up linear vertical recoveries such a Marth's Dolphin Slash, Ganon's Warlock Jump, etc etc...

So basically it's "I'm gonna use this move and hope the opponent is bad enough/doesn't know how to avoid it so that it works.".

Yaaas bringing back Brawl down tilt lock teas.

Also I was using Zeldawful at a smashfest for like 2 games and when I used elevator against some people they just DI/vectored(idk which it is) to the side so that Farore's didn't connect.

Was I doing it wrong or is it that easy to avoid?

Im down to play smash tonight if anyone wants to play.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I have 30 or so wii u challenges left

How is all star with every character on hard possible?

Oh wait

It's not
I'm about to compose all of your posts typed like this into a haiku titled "Aerodrome and Zelda: A Love Story (If By Love You Mean Being Annoyed The **** Out of a Character)

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
I'm scared to go out into somewhere other than Zelda boards.
There are so many bad/dumb people in the smash community at this point that it's like I'm being trolled instead of doing the trolling.
I'm afraid I might run into A2
What happened to him?
What character is he typing nonsensical essays about now?

@Mocha sis do you have Dragon Age Inquistion?

These companions are slaying me.
Idk who to romance, Cassandra was my original bae since we can't have Vivenne but then Dorian came along with his snark and his shading of the other party members and now I'm conflicted.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Speaking of non-Zelda boards (they exist?!), the Lucina boards were in denial about her just being waifu tier last I checked
"Consistency!" "Combos!" they scream.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of non-Zelda boards (they exist?!), the Lucina boards were in denial about her just being waifu tier last I checked
"Consistency!" "Combos!" they scream.
Oh god I can't even imagine how bad the Lucina boards are, I bet all the waifu players there are the worst.
I honestly doubt think she's that bad of a character, but idk.

Aero go buy Dragon Age.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Oh god I can't even imagine how bad the Lucina boards are, I bet all the waifu players there are the worst.
I honestly doubt think she's that bad of a character, but idk.

Aero go buy Dragon Age.
She's not bad, she's just Marth minus 3. Still goodish.

Top Bottom