• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

micstar615

Smash Ace
FG has the same problems that come with training with AI, you get bad habits because you're versing people who aren't good or the lag hinders the experience to the point where you start to take advantage of it, which is why people spam rolls -.-

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I main Peach and secondary Zelda in Melee/Brawl. I played Peach a bit in the 3ds version and realized everything I liked about Peach they took away. I won't be using her in tournament. I have a decent Luigi imo, not at the level of a Luigi main though. Same can be said for all the other chars I play.

Latte

Smash Ace
It's sad how I'm here more than I am at the kirby social. If only they were this active
kirbi sux zelda mastr race [LOL wut. I could have sworn I deleted that before I posted this. Too late now, I guess.]
Sometimes I feel like playing on For Glory hurts more than it helps. More often than naught, I go against not-so-great players and then I'm in a rude awakening when I fight good opponents and I get punished for using moves that worked before. It takes some time to adjust xD
I'd love to play with other people, but I don't know anyone IRL who plays smash aside from my brother, and playing against people on Smashboards kind of terrifies me. To be honest, the people I usually play against on FG are well above my skill level. Is it bad that my FG win rate is only 50%.
Don't answer that.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
The 9s in this game are actually ok, to me. Especially the ones in 9.0 Classic and Hard All-Star. They do the craziest kill setups sometimes...but other times they're extremely stupid, lol.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yoshi, Luigi and Peach CPU have always been a pain in the ass.

Hahaha, I have a game I play with my lil sis and her boyfriend in which all three of us team up against one random CPU but we set our handicap at 300%. One time we went against Falcon and I was like "nah, Falcon's CPU is super easy." Before the GO! message was off the screen he had already kneed me in the face and OHKO'd me :'D

Also Marth countered a lightning kick to me once. I think I lost the stock before I actually left the screen.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
kirbi sux zelda mastr race [LOL WHAT. I could have sworn I deleted that before I posted this. Too late now, I guess.]

I'd love to play with other people, but I don't know anyone IRL who plays smash aside from my brother, and playing against people on Smashboards kind of terrifies me. To be honest, the people I usually play against on FG are well above my skill level. Is it bad that my FG win rate is only 50%.
Don't answer that.
I'm kind of scared to play against smashboards people too. Maybe I'll try it at some point and just hope for the best xD

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Latte is a silly lily ya :3

I always get scared when trying the AiB ladder, I never do too well plus asking people for matches is kinda weird. It also doesn't help that my wi-fi is extremely tempermental ;_;

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
What do u guys think about luigi this game?

I think it's funny how the peach AI is great while jiggs isn't so good.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm kind of scared to play against smashboards people too. Maybe I'll try it at some point and just hope for the best xD
Don't be. Everybody's kinda on a level playing field since everything is new. Plus, you want to lose because that's where learning and improvement take place.

Latte

Smash Ace
Don't be. Everybody's kinda on a level playing field since everything is new. Plus, you want to lose because that's where learning and improvement take place.
My main fear is being so bad that I disappoint my opponent. "Damn, this Latte guy really sucks. Never playing against him again, that's for sure" is my nightmare LOL

EDIT: Oh my gosh, what is wrong with this. I keep deleting stuff, yet it still appears when I post. What is life :estatic:

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My main fear is being so bad that I disappoint my opponent. "Damn, this Latte guy really sucks. Never playing against him again, that's for sure" is my nightmare LOL
And on the other side... people like winning and landing combos. Unless it's FG, nobody really cares how bad you are.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Damn, this Latte guy really sucks. Never playing against him again, that's for sure

Arr ya quaking in ya boots now, arr ya sis?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've found, yet again, it's best to learn the game offline before going online. The lag can really suck. I'll play people again soon though (and not SD every 30 seconds :facepalm:).

Latte

Smash Ace
And on the other side... people like winning and landing combos. Unless it's FG, nobody really cares how bad you are.
That's true, but not very helpful when people want to practice against me in order to get better. I'll probably start by playing against some of the newer players so that my skill level will be a bit more even with my opponent's.
@ L Latte @ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger you guys should play against me at some point (once I get an internet adapter for my wii u cuz my wifi is awful) I'm pretty new to the scene, the only experience I have is with friends and family
Let me know when you get an adapter. I'll play against you as long as I don't get scared and chicken out.
Damn, this Latte guy really sucks. Never playing against him again, that's for sure

Arr ya quaking in ya boots now, arr ya sis?
I'm drowning in my own tears right now :---((((

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
@ micstar615 micstar615 im here too. I'd want to play
Of course :3
That's true, but not very helpful when people want to practice against me in order to get better. I'll probably start by playing against some of the newer players so that my skill level will be a bit more even with my opponent's.

Let me know when you get an adapter. I'll play against you as long as I don't get scared and chicken out.
I will! And don't chicken out, it'll be fun, I think it'll be good for the two of us to spar since we're both kind of inexperienced, it'll be a good place for us to both start :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah when I picked up Melee, I was constantly 3-4 stocked. Now I can sometimes take them to 1 stock or rarely take games.

I know it's hard to stay positive when you keep losing but that dedication will pay off.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
As for sports, I've always been awful at them but I am an avid fitness junkie, I love weightlifting, jogging and doing yoga :) but I definitely have my depressed anti social days where I just play video games and eat junk food all day :secretkpop:
oh mah gawd i'm totally on the same boat.

i'm in the play video games and eat junk all day phase D:

edit: huzzah for 100 pages!!!

Last edited:
The hard part about Kirby is when he gets a lucky inhale on me and gains the Monado arts and I **** myself and camp in shield art. Kirby can destroy Shulk with just buster u-tilt and Jump Kirby becomes really REALLY borderline insane to handle

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Btw, I wouldn't be so happy about getting first post on whatever page or getting post X000.

This also used to be a thing in the BC Brawl thread, but then T-block would just manipulate the posts and ruin your day :)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I hope this worked! xO

Edit : HA! First post on page 100! Beat that snipe!
Omg this used to be a thing back on the Brawl Online Social. We called it "taking pages". @Twili was the page queen. (Obligatory tag)

It got pretty hardcore, but we were always defeated...

Another thing we did was " taking Ks". The goal was to get every thousanth post. We even had a hall of fame. Now THAT was some srs stuff.

We should totally start this guys.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Btw, I wouldn't be so happy about getting first post on whatever page or getting post X000.

This also used to be a thing in the BC Brawl thread, but then T-block would just manipulate the posts and ruin your day :)
I'm not THAT emotionally attached to having the post, lol, I just wanted to try and get it for funsies. Delete and edit the total away if you wish~

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm not THAT emotionally attached to having the post, lol, I just wanted to try and get it for funsies. Delete and edit the total away if you wish~
Hm that post came out a lot more serious than I intended. I know that feeling... competed with the whole local Brawl community for those bragging rights back then.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
The hard part about Kirby is when he gets a lucky inhale on me and gains the Monado arts and I **** myself and camp in shield art. Kirby can destroy Shulk with just buster u-tilt and Jump Kirby becomes really REALLY borderline insane to handle
Ugh all these neutral and I have to learn

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Well, it might be still possible.... c:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm gonna head to bed, it's way too late (though this thread is great bant to no life on).

@ BJN39 BJN39 if you don't get the 4000th post I will be a massively sad panda

Top Bottom