• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
We can't flanderize this thread to sassy gifs >_>...

So, I was thinking of doing a music recommendations thread, but mostly in the Zelda boards because it's the only place I find actually interesting in the whole forum. Should I or should I just pester people here on the social? I'm not really sure what Smashboards "etiquette" entrails tbh."

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You're more than welcome to ask us about our music tastes, but not mine cuz mine probably aren't what you're looking for.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Now I'm curious as to what your music tastes are, so you'll have to be socially obligued to share them :p

There were profanities here but there are no more.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It definitely did not come across that way when I read it, but I'll drop the topic as that seems like the best thing to do.
If there was some confusion, who's to blame? I'm not the one judging people and it's rather irritating to get the 3rd degree from posting:
If this turns into the Peach boards I'm taking a hiatus. I respect other people's life choices but I don't swing that way.
Deal with it. :glare:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Why haven't I fought a single Link on For Glory that has a good connection?
Is it really a strategy to have the laggiest matches possible so that their rain of projectiles are harder to avoid?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh right that PG-13 thing :'D

Regarding music, you like metal don't you?
Ye, metal (not death) is great.

Also like Jazz, and J-Pop is something I don't mind listening to every now and again.

Why haven't I fought a single Link on For Glory that has a good connection?
Is it really a strategy to have the laggiest matches possible so that their rain of projectiles are harder to avoid?
They have a lag switch tbh

ROLL ROLL ROOLL SIDE B ROLL ROLL DOWN B ROLL ROLL THROW ROLL

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Until a few months ago, my ipod was filled with video game music or video game remixes because I didn't want to illegally download music and was too poor to afford anything. Plus, I only really listen to music when I'm studying or writing my story. It helps me focus and hearing lyrics tends to break my concentration.

Jazz, R&B, Classical music, prog rock, rock, and hip hop are all up my alley. I was raised on rap and carribean music. But I haven't liked much rap for years now. I'll still listen to it if it's good though.

Basically, recommend something to me and I'll most likely listen to it. That's how I wound up becoming a fan of Daikaiju and Manowar.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
If there was some confusion, who's to blame? I'm not the one judging people and it's rather irritating to get the 3rd degree from posting:

Your words were confusing. Like, own up to that at least.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Ye, metal (not death) is great.

Also like Jazz, and J-Pop is something I don't mind listening to every now and again.
Gotcha.

Yeah, I've been into Southern Rock lately, but I sort of wanna try something new again. I haven't looked for any new bands or musicians in ages cause I went through a very long soundtrack exclusive phase recently. Some power or symphonic metal could be cool but I don't trust my friends' lame music tastes enough to listen to their recommendations :p

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace

Can we please drop this? There's no reason for it to turn into an argument of any sorts.

EDIT: As far as music tastes go, I'm picky if there are any vocals.
I used to be into some J-Pop, but I've definitely strayed a from that quite a bit. I like some game soundtracks, especially Chrono Cross's (Radical Dreamers4lyf).
The vocal soundtracks of the Atelier games are incredible; Atelier Ayesha's in particular.

As far as music that's sung in English, I've been listening to The Call by Regina Spektor, and also some of Lisa Mitchell's stuff, who I applaud for having some really unique songs.

EDIT2: I can't believe I forgot to mention the Professor Layton soundtracks. akdjalkfmdasdanl I love PL's music so much.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It seems like more and more users who visit here nowadays use the "Hide my identity" function. Why is that? Do you like, need to hide from us glamorous Zelda mains and worshipers semi-mains? We won't bite ;)

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
This social thread is supposed to be a thing of beauty. Arguments are not beautiful.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I think Samus mains have to put up with the same thing Zelda mains do at times.

"No, Samus is really good. You just have to know how to use her."
"Sakurai said that Samus was the strongest character in the game back at E3."
"She's impossible to approach!"

Admittedly, Samus is my kryptonite character and I've never been able to play as her at all in any Smash bros. game. I despise her awkward melee moves.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Owning up to the music thing, I thought about compiling a couple songs that somebody somewhere might like. It's a bunch of very different things so don't I don't really expect anyone to like everything (or anything at all :'D).

If you got some cool song or whatevz but don't wanna spam like me, feel free to PM me something!

It's a p long list so I'll hide it in spoilers.
Los Hermanos: Melodic folk alt rock or something from Brazil.

Brandi Carlile: A mix of southern and alt rock.

Portishead: The parents of trip hop. Also super depressing music.

Woodkid: The song from that one Assassin's Creed trailer. He's got a LP out now and it's pretty good. The video is pretentious as **** though.

Yann Tiersen: That dude that composed music for Amelie. His work is pretty good if you like folk french music.

Roisin Murphy: Super gay pop.

Moloko: Not so gay brit pop.

Ute Lemper: 1900's style cabaret songs. You might like this one Aero? I'm not sure.

And for a nice videogame OST, a song from NieR Replicant

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
SIGH

>:

Owning up to the music thing, I thought about compiling a couple songs that somebody somewhere might like. It's a bunch of very different things so don't I don't really expect anyone to like everything (or anything at all :'D).

If you got some cool song or whatevz but don't wanna spam like me, feel free to PM me something!

It's a p long list so I'll hide it in spoilers.
[spoilers]
Los Hermanos: Melodic folk alt rock or something from Brazil.

Brandi Carlile: A mix of southern and alt rock.

Portishead: The parents of trip hop. Also super depressing music.

Woodkid: The song from that one Assassin's Creed trailer. He's got a LP out now and it's pretty good. The video is pretentious as **** though.

Yann Tiersen: That dude that composed music for Amelie. His work is pretty good if you like folk french music.

Roisin Murphy: Super gay pop.

Moloko: Not so gay brit pop.

Ute Lemper: 1900's style cabaret songs. You might like this one Aero? I'm not sure.

And for a nice videogame OST, a song from NieR Replicant
[/spoilers]
I've never heard of any of these people, will check it out laters~

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I remember actually killing with Zelda's Final Smash in Brawl.

I think Samus mains have to put up with the same thing Zelda mains do at times.

"No, Samus is really good. You just have to know how to use her."
"Sakurai said that Samus was the strongest character in the game back at E3."
"She's impossible to approach!"

Admittedly, Samus is my kryptonite character and I've never been able to play as her at all in any Smash bros. game. I despise her awkward melee moves.
For sane Samus mains, absolutely.

For me, the opposite. Samus is better than any of these scrubs will ever be capable of comprehending.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
10+ users here last time I checked, and it's already 4 pages after the almost Brawl Peach Social that was just a few hours ago.

Sisters, we are working way too hard here.

Top Bottom