• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda characters I would rather have seen in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleep1ngL3ss0ns

Smash Rookie
No offense to anyone that likes Toon Link, he's not a bad character or anything, I just think they could have left him out and went with a different version of Link. Maybe Wolf Link, or a Majora's Mask link that played similar to the way Pokémon Trainer did in Brawl. You start the battle as Deku Link but could change into Goron and Zora link the same way PT switched between squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard, and for a final smash you become Fierce Deity Link. Or they could have even used a different Zelda character all together. Skull Kid maybe? Bring down the moon for his final smash?

jigglover

Smash Lord
No offense to anyone that likes Toon Link, he's not a bad character or anything, I just think they could have left him out and went with a different version of Link. Maybe Wolf Link, or a Majora's Mask link that played similar to the way Pokémon Trainer did in Brawl. You start the battle as Deku Link but could change into Goron and Zora link the same way PT switched between squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard, and for a final smash you become Fierce Deity Link. Or they could have even used a different Zelda character all together. Skull Kid maybe? Bring down the moon for his final smash?
Not really. Toon Link represents more than Young or Wolf Link could. They are part of the same game as Adult Link, and all of the designs besides Toon Link are from Twilight Princess anyway. Toon Link represents the apocalyptic future of Hyrule, all the while having an adorably cartoony look. Toon Link also appeals to children better, let's face it, as well as anyone who is interested in design in video games, since Wimd Waker was so revolutionary really. Toon Link also had 2 quite recent releases, being Spirit Tracks which got a stage, and Wind Waker HD, which, really, got a character. I like having 2 links as it shows what a complex timeline Zelda has, however I want someone like Agitha or Navi in alongside Toon Link. They would represent the side quests or the sidekicks respectively, and what fit smash really well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, it doesn't have really much to do with Toon Link, so I moved the thread to the SSB4 Character boards.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Toon Link can represent
- a younger link
- wind waker/wind waker HD
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- Four Swords Adventures
- Minish Cap

Majora's Mask Link/Skull Kid can represent
- Majora's Mask
(also, with transformations out this character would have never been considered.)

Wofl Link can represent
- Twilight Princess

When you think about it, Toon Link makes sense as representing an entire side of Zelda that's existed since 2002.
What doesn't make as much sense is him having the same moves as Link ...

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Or they could have even used a different Zelda character all together. Skull Kid maybe? Bring down the moon for his final smash?
Yeah, the Moon as a FS and... nothing. That's everything anyone can ever come up with when it comes to Skull Kid. Which isn't really suprising, considering it's pretty much all he does. He has no moveset potential, people just want him because of the ****ing Moon.

And that's not even accounting for the fact he's only appeared in one game 14 years ago.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy. We could always get another Zelda character as well.

I personally like Toon Link, I just wish he had a different final smash and used some of the other items in Wind Waker to further differentiate him from Link, but I will still use the character quite often for sure.

Speculator

Smash Ace
The purpose of Toon Link (and also why he doesn't have Wind Waker-specific specials) is to be a general representation of the design used in Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures and Minish Cap. As far as consistent Zelda designs go, the 'toon' designs cover more Zelda games than any other. I think he's more valuable than a one-off character.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's a bit hard to compare a clone character to ones that'd be totally unique, from a development standpoint they're totally different ballgames.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask link is not happen now that there are no transformations

wolf link would have worked better as a transformations but sadly that's not happening

all toon link needs is a villain of his own to fight

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
there is no such thing as bad zelda choices

toon link makes alot of sense there was no way he was going to get cut

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
They just really need to give him his own moves/items he feels to close to link and doesn't need to. I have no problem with room link he does have a lot of representation but young link with a bunch of transformations would be more interesting and you have to think, ocarina of time is the biggest game in the franchise.
Out of all zelda characters though

Zant might only be in 2 games but his design and appeal is by far the best. He is so much more menacing than ghirahim and I would prefer him over any other zelda character including toon link.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This really belongs in the Character Discussion Thread. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom