• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeikar's Custom Music (Project M 3.6) ADDS 20+ NEW SONGS

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
I have been doing this mod for a long time, it started with Project M 3.5 and then went to 3.6 beta and went over 3 or 4 more revisions for Project M 3.6 Full, there was a lot of redoing, undoing, moving, replacing, but after a lot of hard work, I finally have my near-complete version, which may be my final and complete version, but I will post any update news. This started out as making Project M better for myself, and by the time of 3.6 Beta, I started to share this with a friend of mine and decided it was a great update. Basically I felt it was lazy of the Project M people not to have more fitting songs for their new stages, in 3.5 I had all CV music for Dracula's Castle, here I made Bowser's Castle more complete and Luigi's Mansion more like Smash 4, also you will notice my other fitting changes, so let's look at what's inside shall we?
Taken from my handcrafted NEW SONGS REPLACED.txt borrowing from the format of Project M team's SONGS REPLACED.txt, the changes are as follows:

"This a list of NEW songs replaced in Project M 3.6 Custom by Zeikar:

A01&A02 -> Restored back to Project M 3.6
A03 - Underwater Theme (SMB) -> Underground Theme (SMB)
A04 - Underground Theme (SML) -> Restored from my previous changes to this mod
A05 - Airship Theme (SMB3) -> On the Hunt -Gloomy Manor Ver.- (Instrumental)
A06 - Castle / Boss Fortress (SMW/SMB3) -> Luigi's Mansion Series Medley
A07 - Title / Ending (SMW) -> Mushroom Gorge (Mario Kart Wii)
A10 - Gritzy Desert -> Restored from undocumented Metal Cavern in Project M 3.6
A16 - - -> Restored back to Project M 3.6
A21 - Luigi Circuit -> Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
A22 - Waluigi Pinball -> Castle (Super Mario Bros.)
A23 - Rainbow Road (GCN) -> Castle / Boss Fortress (SMW/SMB3)
B03 - Opening (Donkey Kong) -> Forest Frenzy (Donkey Kong Country)
B04 - Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) -> DK Island Swing (Donkey Kong Country)
C17 - Main Theme (Twilight Princess) -> Termina Field
C19 - Midna's Lament -> Saria's Song / Middle Boss Battle
E01 - Ending (Yoshi's Story) -> Title / Ending (SMW)
K09 - Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise -> Eight Melodies (Mother)
Q01 - Famicom Medley -> Milkyway Wishes Map Theme (Kirby Super Star)
Q02 - Gyromite -> King Dedede's Theme (Kirby Super Star)
Q09 - Title (3D Hot Rally) -> Bowser's Theme (Super Mario 64) *remix*
Q13 - Power-Up Music (Wrecking Crew) -> Marx's Theme (Kirby Super Star)
Q14 - Douchuumen -> Arena Battle (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
R05 - Mario Golf / Tennis -> The Evil King Bowser (Super Mario World) *remix*
R14 - Excite Truck -> Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 64)
W02 - Rainbow Cruise (Melee) -> Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee)"

+FULL TRACKLIST FOR Bowser's Castle
+Full Tracklist for Fountain of Dreams
+Full tracklist for Kongo Jungle

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=43120&Moderated=All
Download from Arrow @ Top (Google Drive)
Current Mod Version: 3.35
New Version: 3.4 (TBA/TBD)
To Do List:
1. Higher quality audio on select tracks
2. Better looping on select tracks
3. Possible change to Playlist (reconsidering some choices)
#1 and #2 definitely need to happen, #3 not sure of, just thinking of some choices made.

Last edited:

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
All songs are NEW NO PROJECT M SONGS REMOVED COMPLETES THE PLAYLIST OF 3 STAGES

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
This is pretty useful since I'm working on my own soundpack. Thanks.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Great! let me know what you think or if there are any bugs
I particularly liked the Bowser theme from SM64.

I'm not using many songs except for the Luigi's Mansion and Bowser's Castle songs, but I checked all of them and it seems your first few on the list are a little low-quality and even a little crackly at times. Maybe editing in Audacity would help or a straight redownload of the source music. Other than that it's good.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Oh, and also, you should work on looping some of the songs through Brawlbox, a lot of them weren't looped and there was a bit of awkward silence between each playthrough.

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
Only the sm64 isn't looped, some of the quality loss, I don't understand, the ones I didn't get from brawlcustommusic site I recorded with audacity myself in high quality but after using the tool to convert ogg to brstm the quality is dropped. If you have any suggestions as how to restore this quality let me know and at least on my tv even the official music sounds fuzzed out so I can't hardly hear the crackle on my end. I might look into looping the bowser theme 64 though.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Only the sm64 isn't looped, some of the quality loss, I don't understand, the ones I didn't get from brawlcustommusic site I recorded with audacity myself in high quality but after using the tool to convert ogg to brstm the quality is dropped. If you have any suggestions as how to restore this quality let me know and at least on my tv even the official music sounds fuzzed out so I can't hardly hear the crackle on my end. I might look into looping the bowser theme 64 though.
Try converting from MP3 to WAV using Audacity. Then use BrawlBox and make a BRSTM out of the WAV from there.

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
Well, as soon as I have time, I suppose I will start working on version 3.4, I just have the problem of finding time, maybe tomorrow (monday), it doesn't sound like it'll take long, I'll try to get on it asap. I didn't know BrawlBox did wav to brstm, I was using another program.

Edit: main post updated, I want to improve this if possible

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Well, as soon as I have time, I suppose I will start working on version 3.4, I just have the problem of finding time, maybe tomorrow (monday), it doesn't sound like it'll take long, I'll try to get on it asap. I didn't know BrawlBox did wav to brstm, I was using another program.
Yeah, it does, go to New, then Audio, then BRSTM and go from there.

Top Bottom