• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zap jumping, pivot grabbing and b-sticking..

Hammabro

Smash Apprentice
I've managed to do Zap jumping without sacrifice the cstick but the other 2 I have failed to grasp. Now I know you need to chance the stick to special to b-stick but what is "b-sticking"? I don't see an explanation for it anywhere. Also I've failed to find a vid or a layout on how to properly do a pivot grab. Is it the same as turnaround grab?

kidbu916

Smash Cadet
B-Sticking was discovered by SamuraiPanda a few days ago, so basically what it does is let you do your specials from the C-Stick but with a short hop in it and PK Fire pushes you back more than usual. It also allows you to Auto-RAR with the C-Stick at will, letting have access to Lucas's back air at will.

GofG

Smash Champion
It pushes you back a lot more than usual, in fact. You move back about 1/2 of FD. I haven't incorporated this into my game, yet, but I intend to as soon as I am able to wean myself off of aerial c-sticks.

kidbu916

Smash Cadet
I used the C-Stick for smashes but I can drop that naturally and as for ariels I've never had that problem cause I used Z for that which is still good to use.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone considered using L or Z for a jump button, therefore making "b-sticking" an overly narrow term? It also makes the zap-jump easy as hell.

kidbu916

Smash Cadet
Yeah thats why I made a topic on it a while ago, as its easier for you so you can zap jump and b-stick and still be able to attack.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
B-Sticking was discovered by SamuraiPanda a few days ago, so basically what it does is let you do your specials from the C-Stick but with a short hop in it and PK Fire pushes you back more than usual. It also allows you to Auto-RAR with the C-Stick at will, letting have access to Lucas's back air at will.
so..how do you do b-sticking? and how is it helpful to be pushed back more? and how does it make your specials have a short hop in it? and what does Auto-RAR mean? >.<

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Dude, you're all left in the dust because Levitas can pull this **** off without changing the C-Stick to B attacks. : P

Levitas

the moon
It's not that hard, you hit the direction hard that you want to move in, short hop, then flick it back and press b to do the side b. I thought that after that you had to smash it back in the direction you want to move in again, but was wrong. Doing that has no impact on the waveland.

And yeah, keeping my c-stick is important to me. But being able to b-stick without b-sticking is just style.

Subtle

Smash Cadet
It's not that hard, you hit the direction hard that you want to move in, then flick it back and press b to do the side b. I thought that after that you had to smash it back in the direction you want to move in again, but was wrong. Doing that has no impact on the waveland.

And yeah, keeping my c-stick is important to me. But being able to b-stick without b-sticking is just style.
Wow, I didn't expect you to deliver in this thread so promptly. I was just running a forum search to see if I could find info. Much Kudos to you!

I was initially saddened that I wouldn't be able to use lucas' wave bounce, as I too rely heavily on my C-stick for air moves ( Especially Lucas' boss down air.)

While I can't experiment with this at the moment ( It is my bed time! Alas, Robo-Jesus is a cruel god) if this delivers, I may have to shower you with babies in thanks.

You should be knighted, sir.

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
OK so here is what I am doing. I'm standing in teh center on FD facing left I jam and hold the control stick left, short hop, b-stick to the right which for some reason still shoots the PK fire to the left, and it does a huge wavedash type thing to the right. Is that what people are talking about?

Manu

Smash Cadet
tried exactly what he says and it works. though its not the same as the wavebounce/bstick which can be used as a charging technique. Waveland is a retreating technique. All in all I don't see why somebody wouldn't use both.

Manu

Smash Cadet
OK so here is what I am doing. I'm standing in teh center on FD facing left I jam and hold the control stick left, short hop, b-stick to the right which for some reason still shoots the PK fire to the left, and it does a huge wavedash type thing to the right. Is that what people are talking about?
thats the bstick/wavebounce technique yes, levitas is referring to the wavelanding move though in case you are confused which is a slightly different move

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
thats the bstick/wavebounce technique yes, levitas is referring to the wavelanding move though in case you are confused which is a slightly different move
So these two are different?

It's not that hard, you hit the direction hard that you want to move in, then flick it back and press b to do the side b. I thought that after that you had to smash it back in the direction you want to move in again, but was wrong. Doing that has no impact on the waveland.

The only difference I see is that Levitas doesn't do a short hop in his...

Levitas

the moon
I do a short hop, the short hop is right after I smash the direction I want to move in
I forgot to mention that, I'm gonna edit my post to make sure that nobody else confuses what I'm doing.

Manu

Smash Cadet
again one is a retreating technique and the other is more offensive.

Levitas JUMPS AWAY from his opponent and manually does a sideB that goes TOWARD his enemy. The waveland. Its a retreating technique and good for spacing.

Maniac JUMPS INTO his opponent, and press his Bstick AWAY from his target which shoots PKfire into the enemy and makes him slide back. The wave bounce. You are chasing the target but still putting distance.

Top Bottom