• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite combo

Omis

my friends were skinny
Omis? found out what your favorite moves are now he wants know your favorite combos.

^ After my old topic died I started to wonder what everyone does with those moves that they feel are the best. Thus the new topic.

Probaly my favorite combo is dthrow>sh uair> pkt1. If they airdogde the uair( which they almost always do) I follow up with a dair. If all the hits connect I follow up with a pkmagnet or fsmash depending on their percents. If not all the hits connect I use a jab combo. The combo usually gets 35-45% percent fresh. The problem with the combo is that the foe usually has to be under 20% percent before I use it. Even thous it has to many holes to be a real combo This "combo" has recently become an important staple of my game.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Dthrow to utilt
15% on the spot and it makes the dthrow actually feel like a dthrow. Completely inescapable also.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I love dair>dtilt>F-Smash
It's tough for me to pull off with any regularity, but it's fun when it works.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
Stop Dtilting in that combo. If they tech it you just screwed yourself over completely. Dair is not untechable. You'll learn that fast enough if you play people who actually know how to handle Lucas. Thank "Minus" for adding danger to an otherwise perfectly safe combo. Just fastfall it for crying out loud.

/rant

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^I just browsed over the general character forum, saw that the last post here was from you in a thread titled " your favourite combo" and KNEW you'd say my name.... I died laughing when I was right.

Get off my balls, or start paying rent... its been long enough.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Any combo past 2 hits really. dair>dtilt>F-Smash seems neat. For a Brawl combo i mean.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Jab lock after Dair is pretty much pointless. For Dair to knock them to the ground they have to be at atleast 80% depending on character and often higher due to move deterioration. By that point your often better off just fsmashing and going for an easy edgeguard kill. Dtilting after Dair leaves you completely open to attack if the opponent techs (which is very possible despite what some think.) At low percentages Dair to Nair, Uair or jab are best. At high percentages Dair to Fsmash, Dsmash or Fair are best (Dsmash and Fair are only used if you hit with only hit four knocking them slightly into the air. Some reading is necesary to counteract airdodging. This becomes extremely important against short characters for full hop dair approaches.)

Omis

my friends were skinny
grab-3 hits-dthrow-uair-PKT1-then PKT2 them into the air- Game Set :p
I have to disagree on a technical standpoint. By three grabs the opponent is sure to struggle out.

Also after playing against some friends I learned not to use the dtilt after the dair the hard way. So now unfortunatly I have to join the anti-minus crusade:p.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Tyr I'm still waiting on those videos.

You shoot down + give more advice than anyone else here. Yet nobody has ever seen you do anything.
How about some walk to go with your talk?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Umm if I have time I'll work on getting one up. Honestly been really busy lately. Not particularly worried about whether or not the SWF community thinks I'm good or not either. I don't make it to tourneys because of the stuff I do during the year so it doesn't really matter. I just like the game and like giving advice to people on how to play it more effectively. But if anyone's in the Cincinnati area money matches are fun. The fact of the matter is that the information you presented was not the most effective method for a Lucas strategy. I merely corrected it for the good of Lucas players. Sorry for "shooting down" your combo.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You get my point though right? Its only a "correction" in your opinion, that doesn't make it fact.

The fact that you have no footage of yourself using Lucas just discredits your advice in my opinion, I mean how is someone supposed to actually take your word for things?
I'm just saying if you showed some videos of yourself taking your own advice and thus demonstrating it, I'd have a lot less scepticism.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Actually it's pretty much based on solid evidence. Dtilt doesn't have enough hitstun to stop an attack of someone who techs your Dair. So if they tech it you're giving them an opportunity to break out of your combo which wouldn't exist if you simply Fsmashed instead. I really don't see how there is anything to argue.

Frankly I don't care if you're sceptical. I have presented my argument with solid evidence behind it. If you don't believe me, wait until it happens to you. My friend who I play pretty often almost solely with my Lucas has gotten to the point where he techs Dair almost everytime and I'm forced to techchase for kills. If people don't want to take my word for it, let them. I'm really just not that invested.

Krnxmatt7

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigkongboss
I have to disagree on a technical standpoint. By three grabs the opponent is sure to struggle out.

Also after playing against some friends I learned not to use the dtilt after the dair the hard way. So now unfortunatly I have to join the anti-minus crusade:p.
oh whoops, kinda forgot to put that you gotta at least put some damage like 30-40%

Seanson

Smash Ace
ff you spike them with the dair it shouldnt matter if they tech or not, because they should be hitting the ground before you, so you don't need to dtilt if you see that they teched.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
He wasn't fastfalling his Dair so he was using Dtilt to ensure they stayed on the ground long enough for him to get in an Fsmash. If they tech, the Dtilt doesn't have enough hitstun to keep them from jabbing or shielding or whatever. My friend usually techs to the sides now so I have to read him and adjust my spacing accordingly or techchase an Usmash.

Top Bottom