• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know what would be good?

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Hud icons to reflect how many times each item can be used before it breaks:
robinidea1.png

and when they run out:
robinidea.png

Just a quick mockup with the icons from awakening. Wouldn't this be so much easier than having to count every move? I think this would make Robin much more accessible as a character.

Last edited:

Lukred

Smash Rookie
This would defiantly make robin more noob friendly(which sakurai seems to be a fan of). I for one always get annoyed when i try to recharge thunder after a use to find it drop, making me miss timing to pick up the tomb for a throw. I could imagine them doing this at some point, considering they added a tracking feature for shulk on wii u, not forgetting the interface little mac has for his ko punch.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
This would defiantly make robin more noob friendly(which sakurai seems to be a fan of). I for one always get annoyed when i try to recharge thunder after a use to find it drop, making me miss timing to pick up the tomb for a throw. I could imagine them doing this at some point, considering they added a tracking feature for shulk on wii u, not forgetting the interface little mac has for his ko punch.
It wouldn't make Robin technically any easier to play, but it would make them much easier to learn and play strategically. I'm surprised they didn't do this to begin with.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
They did this with Shulk's Monado Arts, even having the icon blink rapidly when it was running out, in the Wii U version.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't add this into the game to help every single Robin player out there.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I feel like it kind of goes against the idea of micro-management and tactics. It would be more beginner friendly, but it's not very thematic.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I feel like it kind of goes against the idea of micro-management and tactics. It would be more beginner friendly, but it's not very thematic.
I dare you to find any micro-management focused game that doesn't clearly display how much you have of each thing you're supposed to be keeping track of. Fire Emblem certainly is one of these games. What do you mean it's not very thematic?

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
While I think it would actually be a good idea, I'm against it. Why? I guess I sort of enjoy Robin's place among the least-accessible characters in the game, and how you truly have to want to master Robin, personally, instead of just relying on your general-Smash-skills in order to be good with her. It might seem a bit childish, but that's just how I truly feel.

ChaosArgate

Smash Rookie
It'd make Robin more accessible, but take away the advantage of mind gaming your opponent because they wouldn't have to try and keep track of charges remaining so they'd know when to expect a book or something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Shulk and Little Mac get away with having special sections in their HUDs because their gimmick is centered around one single move. Mac gets hit or takes a hit, his meter goes up. Shulk presses B a number of times, his Art lights up in the left side of his portrait.

Robin's gimmick is applied to all of his specials and his Smashes though. Rather than be confined to one move (Arts) or one way to affect it (Mac and damage), Robin's durability is applied to at least 10 different moves, with each durability cooldown a different number of seconds. I'm not sure if the HUD would be able to keep track of each individual count, including times with Fire/Wind Jab is used (are we even sure about the rate of Wind use when we rapid Jab yet?), if it recognizes when we use a Bronze aerial even when we have the Levin Sword, and when a use is made but never executed because Robin was hit during the startup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom