• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshimitsu For Smash DLC: Link Should Return The Favor

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Namu Namu

So why Yoshimitsu?
A.) He represents two series for Namco, the Tekken series and the Soul series
B.) Link made an appearance in Soul Calibur, it'd be cool if Nintendo returned the favor.
C.) Good move set potential for a partial WTF character

I think the Tekken Yoshimitsu would be better with his Ancient Japanese speech, with the model above.

Potential B/final smash move set:
B - Poison Breath - short delay, Yoshimitsu spews poison breath in a medium range knocking fighters to the floor with some damage over time.
B Up - Helicopter Sword - swift recovery move that goes up as quick as Marth's B up with a short hover duration too HOWEVER just like in Tekken and Soul, Yoshimitsu takes moderate damage from using the move.
B Side - Harakiri - Just like in the games, Yoshimitsu stabs himself. The sword goes through Yoshimitsu and damages him. If it hits someone when it goes through, it deals heavy damage. High risk/reward move.
B Down - Meditation - Yoshimitsu sits down and waits. If you hit B while he sits, he will teleport above a nearby enemy and slash downwards. It takes a while to set up, if you press any other button during meditation, it cancels.

Final Smash - Soul Calibur - Yoshimitsu draws the Soul Calibur and dashes forward with all his swords inflicting heavy damage to all in his path. He can dash off the map if you miss though.

Partial A move set:
A - Spins at a short range, can keep pressing A and he will get dizzy and fall over.
Dash A - Yoshimitsu balances on his swords and runs through enemies with his blades.
Smash Side - Forward slash
Smash Up - Spins his blade like a helicopter above
Smash Down - Slash forward and back

Taunts:
"Namu Namu"
Pretends to get dizzy and falls on the floor
Generic sword show off

He would be a very risky fighter with high reward. Swift as Marth, heavy as Captain Falcon.

Obviously there are other fighters with better chances of getting in, but we can always dream, right?

Backers:
Gaxel
LovinMitts

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I was a firm supporter of a SC character in Smash, but the favor has been returned with Pac-Man.

Besides, I was sure there was a thread for Yoshimitsu.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I was a firm supporter of a SC character in Smash, but the favor has been returned with Pac-Man.

Besides, I was sure there was a thread for Yoshimitsu.
Yeaaaah it's been dead for over six months though.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I'm usually not big on people screaming for 3rd party characters, but I'd actually like to see this. Too bad there's no way to add that nifty pogo sword move.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
+support. Soul Caliber is one of my favorite GCN games, and it would be cool for a Namco character thats NOT Pac Man to be in Smash. Especially one that represents multiple series'.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
+support. Soul Caliber is one of my favorite GCN games, and it would be cool for a Namco character thats NOT Pac Man to be in Smash. Especially one that represents multiple series'.
Awwwww yeeaaa

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm usually not big on people screaming for 3rd party characters, but I'd actually like to see this. Too bad there's no way to add that nifty pogo sword move.
B Down. Multiple taps are multiple jumps. Or charge it and he goes across the map.

xPrimus45x

Smash Rookie
NNID
None
For the down B it could be that if you hold it, it sits, if you tap it, it stands on the swords. Hold still while sitting, it heals, tap, attacks. Tap while standing, jumps, hold, attacks.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Alternatively, we could ditch the meditation, use it as a taunt or have it as a different move and have the Down B be the pogo.

For the pogo, he would jump into the air (unless already there) and drop down squatting on his sword. It would work much like the down B moves of Yoshi and Bowser but also have the option to cancel the ending and stay inthat stance by continuing to hold B past the move end. From there on, Yoshimitsu would be able to deal damage by walking (at greatly reduced spead) or jumping (slightly reduced height) without leaving the pose but pressing A or B will end it with a quick uppercut slash and dashing will return to his normal stance with no attack.

Top Bottom