• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi 1.1.5

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
Ok guys, we got another patch, and people are saying once again that yoshi got an hoo haa, at this point I gave up with that dream, but it would be nice if someone can see the little dino's data to see if they change anything in this patch.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's weird, there's no changes to Utilt Dthrow etc. yet we're all getting near similar results of landing Dthrow Uair now. Did we all git gud overnight :^)

A parameter change possibly happened just like how last patch we thought nothing happened with yoshi (was at 99% for official patch notes) but found out tripping for a handful of characters was messed with.

Then the patch before that was no changes again but then found out Bair had its hits changed to be more consistent. So guess we gotta wait till all the dataminers are done going through all the top/low tiers before they feel like doing the last bit of stuff "alright, let's look for the real hard useless stuff like Zelda Final smash buff or monado beams being more pretty"

Last edited:

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
maybe is not something to do with KBG, maybe Up air range was increased or something, hopefully Yoshi gets that one buff he needs, becuase I feel he is getting behind.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Well, even if we didn't get any direct changes in this patch, it's quite possible we were indirectly buffed due to the Sheik and ZSS nerfs. Do you think we potentially go even with them now? Who are still our worst matchups, aside from Diddy and Cloud?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Technically yeah we got buffed cause Sheiks have to work harder than ever for kills now but now even with the nerfs the likes of Cloud who's much easier to pick up will be everywhere along with other tough matchups like people going back to diddy possibly or just pick up other DLC characters.

Also for some reason Yoshi isn't put at 90% like jiggly D3 etc. on the patch notes so who knows if we got a change or not like the last 2 or 3 times we thought there was nothing than found out there was.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No this is saying all the Sheik ZSS players will flock to Diddy and such. Forgot to add Rosalina in there.

As for Yoshi mains, feel like not too many should be dropping him since his hardest matchups now is most likely Diddy and Cloud, and while he still of course requires infinite more thought to do well with in terms of mid tiers, he should be fine in the long run since Yoshi mains won't be dropping as many games to Sheik anymore since we have kind of an easier MU now due to her having to work harder for kills now unless we screw up really hard.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Ah, okay, thanks. That kind of stinks though, that Diddy will be a bit more popular now. I don't like to play really popular characters, for two reasons. First, more people will know the match up, and second, I just like to use characters that aren't as popular.

Top Bottom