• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet more Kirby bugs: Snake edition

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I noticed the following problems with Kirby's copy ability, from Snake:

1. The inputs are wrong. Holding back rolls the grenade, whereas the input should be down, to be consistent with the real thing. He also can't throw grenades upward, like Snake can.
2. For some reason, after copying Snake, I couldn't throw any grenades until he threw one himself. I don't know exactly how to reproduce this, but I know he was in the middle of his smoking taunt when I copied him.

Sorry if this is already known.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The set of Kirby copy abilities that need reworking for the patch has been discussed in the Kirby character discussion area. Don't worry about bringing it up again here. It's known, though. If you find others, feel free to find the thread and check if it's been discussed before. Or I'll fetch you a link in a minute.

Edit: Your Links :link2: and :linkmelee: ((click away))

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
1. I doubt I can get the inputs to match and give him the 4th option of rolling them, right now at least.
2. Do you mean you couldn't use the nade after snake already had one out?

Ginge

Smash Ace
It sounded like she was unable to toss any grenades upon getting the copy ability. But then once Snake threw one, she was able to then toss one herself.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
1. Shame to hear, but that's the nature of modding I guess.
2. He wasn't holding one, and there wasn't one on the stage. I simply couldn't throw one - Kirby would do the animation as if there was already a grenade on the field. Once Snake threw one, I regained the ability to do so.

It sounded like she was unable to toss any grenades upon getting the copy ability. But then once Snake threw one, she was able to then toss one herself.
Yes.

Everyone seems to think I'm a girl. I don't mind it, some part of me would like that to be the case, but it's odd how often it happens. Is it the name? It's the name, isn't it? A girl gave me this name. Whoops, can of :worms: nearly opened. Let's not go there.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
1. Shame to hear, but that's the nature of modding I guess.
2. He wasn't holding one, and there wasn't one on the stage. I simply couldn't throw one - Kirby would do the animation as if there was already a grenade on the field. Once Snake threw one, I regained the ability to do so.

Yes.

Everyone seems to think I'm a girl. I don't mind it, some part of me would like that to be the case, but it's odd how often it happens. Is it the name? It's the name, isn't it? A girl gave me this name.
I cannot seem to replicate this bug at all. Have you been able to replicate it since then? If so, please try to provide a replay or video of it.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I also just tried to replicate it. Inhaling at different points in the taunt, to no avail.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
Everyone seems to think I'm a girl. I don't mind it, some part of me would like that to be the case,
the ****? you want to be a girl but you're not?
da ****!?

disregard that, i dont want to know or get involved in any way shape or form. goddammit i keep getting reminded that people are out there that are actually weirder than me, and it boggles the mind

Top Bottom