• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yangus for SSB4

Is Yangus the best DQ character for SSB4?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Who the hell is Yangus?

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice

I just think he fits the theme, because he's sorta comical and yet is also a fighter
Also there aren't really any axe-wielding characters, which is kinda neat.
Although its probably more likely that they'd include a Dragon Quest character from the DS game but oh well

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I got to say no on this one. If there were another third party character, there are better Square Enix representatives to be put in than Yangus.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If smash gets a DQ rep, it can only be slime.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I don't know who Yangus is, or didn't before clicking on this thread. I would say however that since FF has sold more than DQ by quite a bit, it would be Square's choice franchise for a Smash Bros appearance.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who Yangus is, or didn't before clicking on this thread. I would say however that since FF has sold more than DQ by quite a bit, it would be Square's choice franchise for a Smash Bros appearance.
its solid logic, but there are still other reasons why DQ should be chosen over FF

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yangus is awesome in Dragon Quest 8, but the problem is that the game is not available on a Nintendo console or handheld. Other characters who have been on Nintendo consoles would be better representatives for Square Enix.

Not hating on Yangus though, his Axe moveset would be sick.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Yangus is awesome in Dragon Quest 8, but the problem is that the game is not available on a Nintendo console or handheld. Other characters who have been on Nintendo consoles would be better representatives for Square Enix.

Not hating on Yangus though, his Axe moveset would be sick.
yeah it was more of a "What if" than a "YANGUS FOR SSB4"
As I said, a character from the DS game would make a lot more sense
Would love Yangus though QQ

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
As the owner of the Slime Support thread I'm afraid I can't really justify supporting, but any Dragon Quest is better than no Dragon Quest, so if this happens I would still be happy.

I'd personally prefer young Yangus from the mystery dungeon games though, if we were to get a Yangus.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
As the owner of the Slime Support thread I'm afraid I can't really justify supporting, but any Dragon Quest is better than no Dragon Quest, so if this happens I would still be happy.

I'd personally prefer young Yangus from the mystery dungeon games though, if we were to get a Yangus.
either or would be fine
while I'd love slime to be in it, i just cant see him being a playable character. As an enemy, sure, or an assist trophy definitely but like, slime literally does nothing if i recall correctly (besides become a king slime)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
either or would be fine
while I'd love slime to be in it, i just cant see him being a playable character. As an enemy, sure, or an assist trophy definitely but like, slime literally does nothing if i recall correctly (besides become a king slime)
Rather than get off topic I'm going to leave this here. It's been explained numerous times just how many abilities Slimes have, but it does differ from game to game and in some he is practically unable to do anything..

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yangus is my favorite Dragon Quest character. I fell in love with him when playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. Damn, Square Enix really needs to make a HD remake for the Wii U... oh, and bring Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest X to North America as well.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Rather than get off topic I'm going to leave this here. It's been explained numerous times just how many abilities Slimes have, but it does differ from game to game and in some he is practically unable to do anything..
checked it out, love the idea of using in-game items as abilities, I still think the lack of limbs is a bit of a problem though - attacks would look a tiny bit spaz/similar

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Yangus is my favorite Dragon Quest character. I fell in love with him when playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. Damn, Square Enix really needs to make a HD remake for the Wii U... oh, and bring Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest X to North America as well.
yeah i agree, i'm not normally big on RPGs or JRPGs - got sick of the FF games etc, but i got sososososososo hooked on DQ8 and I have no idea why there arent more western DQ games, theyre so good! I feel like I'm missing out on so much by playing the eighth in the series alone
oh and the one on DS too actually, still need to put some hours into that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom