• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the game in 1v1 Poll !

What is the worst move in the game for 1v1 play?

• Total voters

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Ok, I can't seem to add in a poll in the previous thread, so mods if you could, please close that one.

Actually quite curious to see which will win the race to the bottom. Vote away!

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
It's community opinion, I actually agree with you, but you get your individual say with your vote.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
How is Clown Cannon on there, but not Falcon Punch? There is no character I fight more in NorCal than Captain Falcon, yet the only time I've been hit by Falcon Punch in the last few months was a doubles match. Where as back when Larry used to be one of my most used character, I used his neutral special often. It's not typically a move that can be used a ton in matches by any means, but it has its uses and I've gotten a lot of kills in the past with the move. The only moves on this list that are completely worthless are Sing and possibly Ganondorf's up tilt. Also, Samus's and Zelda's down specials are pretty awful as well. In the vanilla metagame, those two characters are easily bottom five characters,

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol Zelda's usmash is on this poll

gorl, it kills ridiculously early now and it's even stronger than it was in Brawl (although it has less range). Usmash went from one of Zelda's worst moves to one of her best. It's one of the better usmashes in the game now.

If you want a bad usmash, do Wii Fit's or something.

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff sing is the worst on this list. I'm not an experienced Jigglypuff player, but I'm pretty sure you should never use that move 1v1.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Just to give everyone an idea of how bad Sing is as a move, the best Jigglypuff player in the world of both Melee and Smash 4, Hungrybox, has never used that move in a tournament. It's that horrible.

JackD

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's Egg Roll is pretty terrible too. Lag online and you messed up your off stage b-reversed Egg Lay? You did Egg Roll instead and plummeted to your death. Tried to throw an egg to the side and ended up inputting Side B? You're either dead off stage or your opponent gets a free grab.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I thought I had input an entry for Falcon punch... somehow I doubt it would win though, yes it falls into the category of "disrespect", much like gannon up-tilt, but it's also a good shield break punish since it has the highest knockback of any of his moves.

As for pro players not using particular moves, here's ESAM using Samus in a tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiTgOBQpH4A#t=402
Count the number of homing missiles. You guessed it. Zero. I don't think the non-Samus players fully realize how insanely bad this move is.

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
How is Little Mac's neutral-B not in the lead? It doesn't get rewarded as much as :4ganondorf:'s Up-tilt or :4jigglypuff:'s Sing. But then again, it's community opinion.

brandonreyes90

Smash Rookie
NNID
brandonreyes90
3DS FC
0404-8089-0400
I feel like most of these moves at least have very situational uses (even Sing).

The only thing that is truly terrible is Egg Roll, there is absolutely no situation in which this move would be Yoshi's best option.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Egg Roll is pretty terrible too. Lag online and you messed up your off stage b-reversed Egg Lay? You did Egg Roll instead and plummeted to your death. Tried to throw an egg to the side and ended up inputting Side B? You're either dead off stage or your opponent gets a free grab.
Yoshi's egg roll isn't a worthless move, but it's a risky low reward move that should be much better. Some players have been able to utilize it in decent ways. Example: [LINK]

I thought I had input an entry for Falcon punch... somehow I doubt it would win though, yes it falls into the category of "disrespect", much like gannon up-tilt, but it's also a good shield break punish since it has the highest knockback of any of his moves.
Falcon Punch is pretty much the ultimate disrespect move. I've only seen one tournament match where a player was able to successfully land a Falcon Punch onto their opponent, which was a match where TLOC's Bwett managed to Falcon Punch a Fox player who used side special.

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Egg Roll is the only move on the list that's killed me more than an opponent. Moves like Ganon's up tilt will never be useless as long as there are Bizzarro Flames left in the world.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Egg Roll is the only move on the list that's killed me more than an opponent. Moves like Ganon's up tilt will never be useless as long as there are Bizzarro Flames left in the world.
Yoshi's egg roll isn't designed to kill, it's designed to do damage, so that's not a fair argument to make. It is stupidly easy to suicide with that move though.

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet

As for pro players not using particular moves, here's ESAM using Samus in a tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiTgOBQpH4A#t=402
Count the number of homing missiles. You guessed it. Zero. I don't think the non-Samus players fully realize how insanely bad this move is.
He did shoot one at 8:07. :awesome:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Falcon Punch. It's so punishable it's not even funny, and has so much start-up it's not even good for a hard read. If your opponent uses this move (and it's not a tech error), they're disrespecting you.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf's Up-Tilt doesn't belong in this list. It's actually a decent edgeguarding option, as it has low endlag and enormous reward if you manage to pull it off(which can't be said about a lot of the moves in the list such as Egg Roll, Palutena's f-tilt or even Sing). Still very situational but putting it alongside absolutely awful options with no use at all is not fair.

Also, it's Ganon, not Gannon.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ganondorf's Up-Tilt doesn't belong in this list. It's actually a decent edgeguarding option, as it has low endlag and enormous reward if you manage to pull it off(which can't be said about a lot of the moves in the list such as Egg Roll, Palutena's f-tilt or even Sing). Still very situational but putting it alongside absolutely awful options with no use at all is not fair.
Not to mention, its incredibly stupid and dissonant hitbox means you'll be catching people off guard and hitting people from the ledge a lot.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
How is Little Mac's neutral-B not in the lead? It doesn't get rewarded as much as :4ganondorf:'s Up-tilt or :4jigglypuff:'s Sing. But then again, it's community opinion.

I object to this claim as a main of the little boxer. The NeutralB has his uses, thanks to it's super armor that can break through some annoying move, such as ironically the Jabs of Mac, or the Dthrow to Uptilt combo of Mario.

It's situational, but the move is still usable. Is it good ? Not really, but it's not bad either.
That's all I have to say. I voted for the little homing missiles of Samus, seeing how little uses they have.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Those powerful slow moves can at least be used if you get a shield break. Although reversed Warlock Punch is stronger, if you want to show them Ganon's nutz before axe kicking them, you have the option to go for it! :awesome:
Same with Dedede's Jet Hammer. Both are horrible moves nonetheless, purely there for disrespect, but at least there's that.

Palutena's f-tilt may be slow, but it can punish and hit spot-dodges at least.

>Falco Lasers on the list.
You can add damage after knocking opponents away and eat double jumps with them. They are a shell of their former glory, but these are far from being terrible.

An interesting thing with Little Mac's haymaker is you can use the super armour frames to land safely and eat through attacks. Overall not worth using over Little Mac's other landing options, but there's that.

Imo, Sing is the worst move in the game. It lasts too long and is so easy to escape the sleep status. You can wake up before Jigglypuff finishes the move and punish her for putting you to sleep, unless your % is too high for that to even matter when Jiggs could just use another move to KO you.
Doesn't even work on opponents who are in the air and know how to jump or stay away from the ledge when you're jumping and re-grabbing the ledge (you have a million better options as Jiggs in this situation).

Last edited:

Bennext

Smash Cadet
Sing makes you sleep longer if you are at high %
Sing just needs greater range.
Though all the moves on that list are damaging moves but sing, Kind of an unfair list, if you're including moves that don't deal damage why isn't Mario's Flud on the list?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
It looks like Sing is primed to win this one by a landslide. 2nd worst move in the game still unclear....

BeeKidd

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-5166-9137
I voted din's fire. falco's lasers are a close second for me, though.

i just can't stand when i'm trying to have a decent match against a zelda and they just spam din's fire into oblivion. zelda's smash attacks are very powerful, as is her up tilt, so why are you letting those moves go to waste?

by the way, i think villager's lloid rocket should definitely be on this list.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
by the way, i think villager's lloid rocket should definitely be on this list.
Are you kidding me? If you view that move as bad, your perception of what moves are good and bad is absolutely atrocious.

BeeKidd

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-5166-9137
Are you kidding me? If you view that move as bad, your perception of what moves are good and bad is absolutely atrocious.
typically when i face villagers, they spam this move.
just my opinion, sorry it's not as common as i thought.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Gee, I wonder why Villager players use that move so much. I mean, it functions as both a projectile and a recovery, and it can function as a kill move if you crash into somebody while riding it. How that move deserves to be on this list when the game has moves are horrible as Sing just baffles me.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Mac's neutral B is only useful for the KO punch. I voted for it because Mac as a character needs every option he can get, and if the straight lunge was swapped for a move that, say, was safe on shield, then Mac would be better for it. Basically it's a waste of a move on a character that can't afford it

Top Bottom