• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wombo Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
seriously stop trying to gain attention to yourself, just stop. you were jumping over chairs/people to get to the tv to see wtf happened.. stop acting like you dont give a ****..

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
oh, so if anyone disagrees, they're "acting."

whatever you say, dude. you're the most intolerable person on the boards so it's to be expected from you.

if i'm trying to get attention, then why are you falling right into my supposed trap?

wait, what are you talking about? jumping over chairs? i didn't see any of teams semis / finals live, i had no idea they occurred and have no idea what i was doing at the time. stop lying.

sidefx

Smash Champion
oh, so if anyone disagrees, they're "acting."

whatever you say, dude. you're the most intolerable person on the boards so it's to be expected from you.

if i'm trying to get attention, then why are you falling right into my supposed trap?

wait, what are you talking about? jumping over chairs? i didn't see any of teams semis / finals live, i had no idea they occurred and have no idea what i was doing at the time. stop lying.
no i was basing it off the fact that your reaction at the tourny and here are 100% opposite of eachother, which is quite funny to me...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
except i didn't see it at the tourny so i had no reaction to it

if you knew anything about me, you'd know i don't really give a **** about some supposed eye-dropping combo -- i'm going to see it on youtube either way. i care about high quality matches that aren't being recorded (larry v ss, tang vs futile), or just two really good players playing. watching teams or just watching someone combo someone doesn't wet my whistle.

and considering this combo was rehearsed, it wasn't jaw-dropping. sorry if i don't have your permission to post in the topic just because i'm the only one who disagrees. too bad if my lack of enjoyment from the combo harms your enjoyment, but i don't really give a ****. tough luck

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no, don't get me wrong, it was a great combo, but you guys are acting like you've never seen greatness before. i've seen a number of more impressive things in melee.

and the fact that it's not spontaneous = big big downfall. pretty much spoiled it for me since my expectations were so high with everyone nutting over it

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dont think i ever mentioned anything about posting permission.. also, i dont care if you like it or not.. it just bugs me that you have to try and gain attention out of the subject by stating that youve seen better, who gives a **** if you have or not..

also lol@ you thinking futile vs tang was "high quality"

and yes i saw the first match.. did you see the next 2?

edit: also i really dont have a problem with you in person, youre almost like a whole other person.. no complaints there, but online you have to stroke your internet ego every other post to make sure youre the ****/douche of the community..

btw what have i said/done that was so intolerable? just curious

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Pretty sure pulling off what Futile pulled off round one was more impressive than that combo (don't get me wrong, I liked the combo and all).

Also, a CLUTCH performance >>> rehearsed combo.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I heard they practiced it right before they left. It's still really impressive though.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
vids or they didn't happen

(just an excuse to get people to post other awesome smash moments)
i don't really categorize smash moments into favorites, but the only one that always comes to mind is m2k v pc chris on yoshi's story at mlg long island. m2k high percentage pc chris at 0, last stocks, m2k uthrows pc on the right platform and utilts 3-4 times to spike.

the waveland to utilt to start it = amazing

i dont think i ever mentioned anything about posting permission..
I don't think I ever mentioned anything about you mentioning anything about posting permission. Two can play that game. Maybe stop taking everything so literally?

also, i dont care if you like it or not..
see above

it just bugs me that you have to try and gain attention out of the subject by stating that youve seen better, who gives a **** if you have or not..
it just bugs me when people think they know your motivations for things when they couldn't be more off. it's also hilarious how, when people really enjoy something and want to share it with you, and when you don't love it as much as they do, their first reaction is to get defensive and attack you. good **** living up to the human stereotype.

the thread implies discussion on the wombo combo, not "only people who are like me and loved this combo are allowed to post, no dissenting opinions allowed." i didn't come in and say everyone who liked this combo are idiots and that it sucked, so show me the same respect and stop being a **** who can't tolerate anything you don't agree with.

edit: also i really dont have a problem with you in person, youre almost like a whole other person.. no complaints there, but online you have to stroke your internet ego every other post to make sure youre the ****/douche of the community..
i don't know you in person so i don't make any opinions or assumptions, but you seemed normal to me. but online you are always posting the most vitriolic of posts just because it comes down to two people disagreeing. even when i disagree with someone i don't try to belittle them as people, i'm only condescending to obviously clueless people.

btw what have i said/done that was so intolerable? just curious
i mean intolerable in the sense that you just don't have much tolerance for random things people say. i can go dig in your post history and pm you posts about it if you're really that curious.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't really categorize smash moments into favorites, but the only one that always comes to mind is m2k v pc chris on yoshi's story at mlg long island. m2k high percentage pc chris at 0, last stocks, m2k uthrows pc on the right platform and utilts 3-4 times to spike.

the waveland to utilt to start it = amazing
and the ridiculous deja vu at pound 2 of almost the exact same thing O_o

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
QFT

I'm glad there is someone who notices the little details that bring about **** set ups.
word, the little details is what makes melee so impressive. that's why a 2v1 combo in teams -- any 2v1 combo -- just can't be as impressive. it's like knocking out a punching bag.

u guys are so gay
lovage why do you keep posting random worthless comments like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom