• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's specific timing for every flash shorten.

Kid Arrow

Smash Rookie
I need to know the specific timing of the flash shortens. People have said to mash b, but it's not always reliable. Sometime it does the regular distance, sometimes it does half the distance, and sometimes it moves wolf like a tiny bit away. Please help me for the timing of the half distance and really short distance. Oh, this is off topic, but could someone tell me how to put my mains and secondaries in a post. Thanks!

GMaster171

Smash Ace
From StandardToaster's frame data thread:

Cancel: 18-21 (4 distances)
Hits: 22-23
Total: 64
Does not go to special fall on hit

cancelable on 18,, 19, 20 and 21 unless Im reading this wrong

GMaster171

Smash Ace
I believe he begins the sound as he begins moving, if its any help.

A decent way to practice this is to go to skyloft, stand on the left beside the slope on the main platform, side-b into the slope (holding down) and try to cancel. If you get the cancel you should slide backwards to around where you started.

Last edited:

Strawhat Jiggs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Evolzar89
is there any way that you can indicate what frames are cancelable on the visual or label each fram on the visual ?

DamnLUK

Smash Rookie
you have to learn the timings in training mode and try to use them in real matches...

when you are starting to GET those shortened hits in training you know when they come I learned to shorten in real matches then by really imagining WHEN it usually hits.

when you press b right in the moment when you imagine it should hit you will get it after a few times

I manage to get my hits like this you will get a feeling for pressing b right when you feel that the time should come out of your experience of the training mode. and its kind of a sloppy description but I really killed a few times with instant shortened hits right on the spot or on the half way just by imagining when it should hit.

its just practicing and fishing for it in real friendlies and later on in real matches

you will fail but get used to it even more ;)

Top Bottom