• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Shine Stage Spike?

SSS

Smash Ace
So I was playing against some computers and there was this Toon Link on Dreamland who was coming in low to recover and I just jumped down and shined him as if I was Fox and Toon Link bounced against the wall of Dreamland and died. I'm sure this could be effective on other stages. Here's the thing, though. I'm 99% sure they can tech it, and I don't know where they go if they do tech it. So I'm wondering if you could Shine them to stage spike them, and if they tech it, can you then hit them something else to punish the tech? I just need to know where the tech takes them.

Spookyjunk

Smash Rookie
On dreamland, theoretically (with toon link/walljumpers) they could frame-perfect tech and then wall jump diagonally up, right? Maybe you could shine/jump out- rush in a dair (stylin) or follow up by getting the ledge, ledgehop bair/dair/toodstool maybe?

Unless you are talking about shining them and spiking them into the bottom of a stage then i don't think they could get back up

SSS

Smash Ace
On dreamland, theoretically (with toon link/walljumpers) they could frame-perfect tech and then wall jump diagonally up, right? Maybe you could shine/jump out- rush in a dair (stylin) or follow up by getting the ledge, ledgehop bair/dair/toodstool maybe?

Unless you are talking about shining them and spiking them into the bottom of a stage then i don't think they could get back up
Either/or. I'll see what I can do. I'm sure I could only pull it off once per match anyway and I doubt they would tech the first time (they would the second time once they knew it was there). Then again, they might still tech.

Also I see you have some Turbo Mode mains. I approve. :ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
when they tech against a wall they just hit it in place, stopping their momentum, then they just start falling normally from rest. But yes, they can also wall jump if they choose. So itd be 50 pecent chance guess.

SSS

Smash Ace
when they tech against a wall they just hit it in place, stopping their momentum, then they just start falling normally from rest. But yes, they can also wall jump if they choose. So itd be 50 pecent chance guess.
So do you think Shine-->rising DJ bair could handle those options? If they get the tech off the shine they get baired back into the wall? If they tech again. . .oh well, you tried your hardest.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
I feel that dair would work better. On many stages that will prevent them from re teching if you should hit them with it. a bair might be needed if they wall jump if the dair cant reach, but it just depends on the positioning. If you can hit them down or away from the stage without the possibility of them teching it, thats more favorable. although you rarely see people consistently make those techs, so it would probably still work even if you set them up for a second tech.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Forget stage spiking with Shine.

Jump as far out as you dare and then double that distance. Burn your double jump. Then, use the perfect angle and perfect length at the perfect time to Flash into the recovering opponent, stage spiking them in a manner so awesome, so inconceivable, so unbelievably ballsy that they couldn't tech even if time slowed down. As they watch their character tumble away, they'll know. They'll know you're better than them. And nothing will ever change that undeniable truth, nay, tenet of their life from that point on.

Of course, don't bother recovering if you didn't howl taunt when you hit them. Missing the howl brings more shame upon your clan than merely missing the hit.

Spookyjunk

Smash Rookie
Forget stage spiking with Shine.

Jump as far out as you dare and then double that distance. Burn your double jump. Then, use the perfect angle and perfect length at the perfect time to Flash into the recovering opponent, stage spiking them in a manner so awesome, so inconceivable, so unbelievably ballsy that they couldn't tech even if time slowed down. As they watch their character tumble away, they'll know. They'll know you're better than them. And nothing will ever change that undeniable truth, nay, tenet of their life from that point on.

Of course, don't bother recovering if you didn't howl taunt when you hit them. Missing the howl brings more shame upon your clan than merely missing the hit.

big sleep

չչչ
fast falling off the edge with an (invincible) shine is a good way to edge-guard tether characters.

it can be useful in general because even if it doesn't stage-spike, if people DI out they could die (by further edge-guarding or extreme DI), but if i they DI in they could be combo'd.

that's a general trend with wolf, he's a DI mix-up monster.

Top Bottom