• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Smashcon $400 in Pot Bonuses!!! - January 25th, 2014 - Baton Rouge, LA

lil ha

Smash Rookie
guys im thinking about coming but ive never been to a tourney in my life it will be my first and hopefully not my last i just wanted to know how to register for it do you just sign up and pay for entry the day of or do i have to do something before?

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
You just have to pay & sign up before the tournament your interested in.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
sweet and sweet. Who are you Zylo? just bicurious
I'm actually a smasher from The University of Alabama, but my permanent place of residence is in Mandeville. I started back in September of last year after basically not playing since my childhood. So you'll be able to judge if I've made any progress since then ;)

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Ill $mm anyone from 1$-20$

Dont be scurredd;)
What game?
I'm actually a smasher from The University of Alabama, but my permanent place of residence is in Mandeville. I started back in September of last year after basically not playing since my childhood. So you'll be able to judge if I've made any progress since then ;)
Sweet. What character(s) do you use? Have you been to one of our tournies before?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Psshhh, like I'm going to let that slip before we money match. Nah, I main marth. I like playing Falco, and I can pillar and whatnot decently, but I generally just stick to marth when I'm playing seriously. I went to an open world monthly back in december and only got 5th I think, but I've been putting in a lot of work since then. I was also playing marth after just having picked him up and I got knocked out by two sheiks, so I'm not too sad about how I performed.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Lol excellent. I main Marth also (if you couldn't tell by my avatar) and Falco is my secondary. See you Saturday then, best of luck.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Oh, man. Please let me do a Marth and a Falco ditto against you. Totaling willing to get spanked and have you tell me all the advice you can.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good to me. I'm temporarily retired-ish (meaning I don't really play anymore except for tournaments lol) but I should be able to shake off the rust.

Dopey

Smash Lord
In melee or PM ill take $ matches ^^

Oh snap oracle u comin too?? Need a teammate? :D

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that's too bad... if you're ever in the area though, let me know. I'd love to spend some time playing with you.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Easy peasy :) who u teamin with for melee? I may not enter teams if i cant find someone good dohhh!

And ya i live in baton rouge now workin for the next 3-6 months ^^ i forgot texas was right next door hahh

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The whole schedule for winter con has been pushed back two hours.

Brawl will be starting at 12.

Due to the weather.

Oracle

Smash Master
Sorry dope change of plans I wont be going :( my boy luck from dallas will team with you in pm if you need a replacement he plays diddy

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The weather doesn't seem to be effecting anyone I know coming.

Everyone is saying **** the weather. Power through.

-Erick

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Smash Stream Schedule.

2-Brawl Singles
3-Melee Singles
4:30-Project M Singles
6-N64 Singles

We will be showcasing an hour of each Smash.
We may need to interrupt streaming times in order to
stream a finals. Overall every version of smash will get an hour or more of airtime.

We will also be recording anything and everything we can with capture cards for later viewing.

Dopey

Smash Lord
U suck oracle ;_; thats fine tho it happens is your boy good like he beats u sometimes? like imma do to u nex time?? ;D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Wait I just looked at brawl rule set and saw this:

"Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*"

What the ****? That's so many games of BRAWL do we want this to take the whole weekend? Lmao

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
LOL didn't notice that before. It'll be run as it usually is, best of 5 and if the guy from losers wins, then another best of 5.

REMEMBER EVERYONE: The schedule has been pushed back 2 hours, so the first thing that'll be starting is Brawl Doubles at noon.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
Smash Stream Schedule.

2-Brawl Singles
3-Melee Singles
4:30-Project M Singles
6-N64 Singles

We will be showcasing an hour of each Smash.
We may need to interrupt streaming times in order to
stream a finals. Overall every version of smash will get an hour or more of airtime.

We will also be recording anything and everything we can with capture cards for later viewing.
so where can we view the stream? sorry if mentioned before, tried the website in sig to no avail.

Top Bottom