• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Smashcon $400 in Pot Bonuses!!! - January 25th, 2014 - Baton Rouge, LA

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Winter Con

January 25th

Saturday All Day!

Venue

Lazertag of Baton Rouge

5871 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816

Louisiana is yet again hosting its regional event! Get ready for the excitement of Winter Con! We'll be having an action packed day full of smash, fighters, and pokemon battles. Anything and everything you could enjoy will be there. We're looking forward to seeing all the usual faces as well as some new ones. So remember to plan ahead schedule off and make a day of Winter con.

Venue Fee packages.

Type A-$10

Type B-$5

One Freeslice of pizza for every Setup!

These Passes Cover Venue only

Explanation of Packages.

Type A- All purpose for the whole weekend.

Type B- Designated for the Handheld players only.

One Free slice of pizza for every Setup!

Each package will come with a different pass that way the TOs will be able to tell if your allowed in the event. DO NOT LOSE YOUR PASS otherwise we won't be able to help you. You'll get your identifying Passes at the Door even if you buy your passes online.

Tourney Fees

Major Events Fee- $10

Doubles- $5 Each Player

Minor Events Fee- $5

Activities-Free

Minor/Major event Explanation

Major Events

UMVC3

Brawl

Melee

N64

Project M

SSF

MK9

Injustice

Minor Events

Mario Kart Wii

PSAS

Mystery Game

Food

Pizza

1 Slice-$2

2 Slices-$3

Soda-$1

Pizza will be served at Lunch Break.

One Free choice of Drink or pizza for every Setup!

Cash

Remember to bring around 100 dollars in cash. Be prepared to buy nice, custom made, one-of-a-kind novelty items you won't find anywhere else (Hats, key chains, posters, ETC) Anything higher than $10, lower than $1, will not be accepted as payment. Exact change is also highly appreciated.

Our Website

http://www.smash-con.com

Schedule of future Events in LA(Follows next 5 months)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330574

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/thesmashcon

Stream

http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon

FB Event

https://www.facebook.com/events/1428577397360711/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming#

Schedule

10- Brawl Doubles

11-N64 Doubles\Melee Doubles

12-Brawl Singles\UMVC3

1pm-Melee Singles

2pm-Lunch Break

3pm-N64 Singles\Project M Singles\PSAS

4pm-MK9\Injustice\Project M Doubles

5pm-

6pm-Pokemon X & Y

7pm-

8pm-

9pm-

10pm-

11pm-Closed

Attendance

If you are going to be no more than 10 minutes late, please contact the TO who's tournament you are entering. Shoot them a text, or better yet call them because they will most likely be running round taking care of things. They will add you to the tournament you request to enter in. Make sure you have your money ready. If the first game of the tournament has started and you call, it's too late to enter. So if you think you are going to be late, call.

Tournament Priority

As you can see, this event is on a tight schedule. If you are cross-entered in a tournament (entered in multiple tournaments) and you have a more than one match to play at once, the tournament with the higher entry fee takes priority.

Brawl > 64/Melee/P:M > SSF4:AE/MK9/UmVC3/Skull Girls/Mario Kart Wii

For example, If you are waiting to play a tournament match for Melee but you get called for a tournament match in Brawl, you must leave the Melee station and come play your Brawl match.

However, if a tournament match is already going on in any game, you will not be required to leave until said match is complete. You must report to your next match immediately afterwards.

Tournament matches have priority over any money match.

Pools

Pools will be run to determine proper seeding for all events throughout the day. (time permitting)

Payouts

Brawl

1st-55%-$100

2nd-25%

3rd-15%

4th-5%

Brawl Rule set

-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*

*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.

-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit

-Metaknight is legal

-Items turned off

-Team attack on

-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles

-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses

Stage list:

Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Melee

1st-60%-$50 Bonus

2nd-30%

3rd-10%

Melee Rule set

Melee ruleset is the standard 4 stocks, team attack on, 8 minute time limit with the following stages:

Singles

Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Doubles

Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

Oh and wobbling is legal but anyone caught wobbling will be ridiculed and harassed for being a weenie.

First will be pools, then a double elimination bracket. Matches will be best of 3, except for finals and semi-finals which will be best of 5. Any obscure rules can be found here: MBR Recommended Ruleset.

N64

1st-60%-$50 Bonus

2nd-30%

3rd-10%

N64 Rule set

-5 stock

-No Items

-Best 2 of 3

-Double Elimination

-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.

-Starter Stage: Hyrule

-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo

-Winner may Ban one stage

-Loser Picks

-All Stages are unbanned after each match

-12 min limit on GF matches

Project M

1st-60%

2nd-30%

3rd-10%

Mario Kart (All versions)

1st-60%

2nd-30%

3rd-10%

Mario Kart Rule set

Preliminary Rounds:- 2 Player Versus

- Class: 150 cc

- CPU: none

- Courses: Random (every race; will be changed beforehand in in-game “Rules”)

- Items: Balanced

- Race count: 3

- All karts/bikes, and controllers allowed

- Best 2 out 3, with the winner advancing to next round

- 1st place = 15 points, 2nd place = 7 points

- Winner of winner's bracket plays the winner of loser's bracket in the finals

- Winner of loser's bracket must win 2 consecutive sets in order to win the

tournament

Finals:- Same rules as preliminary rounds only, instead of 150 cc, finalists will race all

courses on MIRROR mode.

PSAS

1st-60%

2nd-30%

3rd-10%

PSAS Rule Set

1v1

6 minute timer

3 stocks

Items are set to OFF

Hazards are set to OFF

Show Score ENABLED

Double elimination bracket (If you lose one set, you are not out of the tournament, you must lose two sets to be out of the tournament.)

Normal AP gain

If a game goes into overtime, the winner will be determined by overtime.

All sets are played best out of 3 matches. Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are sets played best out of 5 matches.

Neutral:

Rival Arena

Columbia

San Francisco

Hades

Metropolis

Counterpick:

Dojo

Small Practice Stage 2

Medium Practice Stage 2

We will be using what has become a tournament standard: stage striking and counterpicking

1: How striking works: Both players must first select their character, electing to *Double blind pick* if they want. Player 1 (for dispute purposes, P1 is the lower number of the bracket) will "strike" 1 neutral stage. Player 2 will then "strike" 2 neutral stages. Player 1 will "strike" 1 stage. The only remaining neutral stage will be played for game 1 of the set.

2: The winning player of round 1 or round 2 may "ban" one stage, removing it as an option either player may pick in the set.

3: The losing Player of round 1/ 2 may choose what stage to go to for round 2/ 3.

4: After a stage is chosen, the winning player can change their character, then the losing player can change their character.

-A Player/Team coming from the losers bracket in GFs must win 2 sets in order to win the tournament, this is because a Player/Team coming from the winner's bracket has not lost a set while the loser bracket Player/Team is down 1 set.

-All players must announce their character before striking game 1.

-Toro's air stall is banned.

Using this technique results in forfeiture of the match.

*Double Blind pick*: If elected. (Both players must tell a neutral third party their character selections)

Pokemon X & Y

1st-60%

2nd-30%

3rd-10%

Pokemon X & Y Rule set

Rules for pokemon X/Y pokebank OU battles are as follows: OverUsed

Play Restrictions (XY and PokéBank OU)

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play
Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Banned Pokémon in XY OU:

Mewtwo
Xerneas
Yveltal

Banned Items in Pokemon X/Y:
Gengarite

Banned Pokémon in PokéBank OU

Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yvletal
Zekrom

If enough people request it we could run VGC doubles/ other tiers. If you are interested in doing so please post and let me know.

Also keep in mind there is no Item Clause there was some confusion last time and I want to make it clear that you may have more than one item on the same team!

I will also update this if any of the three new legondaries come out and/or another mega gets banned.

Thank You and Happy Training!

UMVC3

1st-70%-$100 Bonus

2nd-20%

3rd-10%

TTT3

1st-70%-$50 Bonus

2nd-20%

3rd-10%

SF:AE

1st-70%-$50 Bonus

2nd-20%

3rd-10%

TOs Confirmed

UMVC/MK9/SF:AE-Jarious/Stefon

Brawl-Bomber/Jnig

Melee-TaylorHJ

Project M-Oracle

N64-Jwulf

Mario Karts-Fancy

PlayStationAllStars-Curlz

Pokemon X & Y - Mikey

Venue Pics

Last edited:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
What's the info on their internet? Ohana's seemed sturdy enough whenever it was hosted over there, so hopefully it should be just as good.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Looking good.:cool:
It annoys me to see JNig's name spelled with a "q" lol. If this were the weekend before the 25th I would have been 100% guaranteed to go. Now it's a huge maybe. :/

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Man, I hope you BR guys can house, or at least pick up people now that there's a Megabus stop in BR. TX would probably make a good showing if yall can.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
We've moved our location for the event to lazer tag of baton rouge. The venue is working with us on everything. We'll be looking forward to seeing you all there for the event.

New Venue updates

-All of upstairs, 2 rooms, lots of outlets setup around all the walls, and a projector for finals.
-Lazers

-Erick

SasukeUchihaSharigan

Smash Rookie
This is Aj. You guys probably don't know me but I'll try to bring the "fellas" Byron, Li-D, Daniel, and Jonathan. Hope this tourney has a great turnout.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I know nothing about it but I'm interested in playing.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I will talk to everyone at Fight Club on the 11th and see how many we could theoretically bring out for both brawl and traditionals.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
If anyone could provide housing just for the night before I could bring a 64 and controller for friendlies would be housing at most 4 people total

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The N64 TO Jwulf should have housing for TX N64 players already. Its not confirmed but its a strong maybe right now. I'm sure he could fit in some FL players. I'll chat with him about it and get back to you.

Besides that I'm housing up to ten people in Slidell then riding in, in the morning. Denti and Sync's brawl crews from TX have sqauters rights on it but I might be able to fit you guys in if Jwulf doesn't have any room left.

-Fancy

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good if not we will probably drive there that day just looking to see if there is a more convenient option. Thank you for looking into it though that's really appreciated.

FPDav

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0127-1121
So I'm totally going to this if anyone in Lafayette wants to carpool maybe. Wouldn't mind doing Brawl doubles if anyone wants to partner up.

FPDav

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0127-1121
Also, is there a spectator venue fee? My partner wants to come but just to watch for a while. Sorry if this has been answered before.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Also, is there a spectator venue fee? My partner wants to come but just to watch for a while. Sorry if this has been answered before.
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't plan on playing, but since it's right around the corner I do plan on getting ****faced and doing some unofficial commentating.
Sidenote: ****faced is an actual word. I figured it would set off spellcheck, but it's legit.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Just found out that I can make it to this and need a partner for melee doubles. Let me know if you're interested!

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
My big chance to make something of a name for myself in brawl. Any brawl players watch out for me! (Oh, and Zylo's gonna win melee...you know why Zylo :cool: )

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
^ Dimbenes will be taking the Brawl tournament while I proceed to get knocked out in the first round despite it being double elimination.

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah and I need a partner for brawl doubles ( in addition to sheik i have a pretty good ike and zelda)

Last edited:

jhiggs

Smash Rookie
Its good to know that there are some passionate players in the area im not gonna make this tourney but i am gonna make the feb 15th tourney at openworld in Mandeville its gonna be my first toury and I'm hella pumped

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't seen the new updated ruleset for X & Y here it is.
Straight from the TO.

Rules for pokemon X/Y pokebank OU battles are as follows: OverUsed

Play Restrictions (XY and PokéBank OU)

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play
Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Banned Pokémon in XY OU:

Mewtwo
Xerneas
Yveltal

Banned Items in Pokemon X/Y:
Gengarite

Banned Pokémon in PokéBank OU

Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yvletal
Zekrom

If enough people request it we could run VGC doubles/ other tiers. If you are interested in doing so please post and let me know.

Also keep in mind there is no Item Clause there was some confusion last time and I want to make it clear that you may have more than one item on the same team!

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The owners of Lazer tag would like us to park around the right side of the building first before filling up main parking. And NOT TO PARK in the large vacant lot next door at all.

Thanks guys.

-Erick

Top Bottom