• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii system busted

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
several months ago i download Project M and installed it on my Wii. nothing too unusual happened asides from the occasional freeze up, but then one day it stopped playing brawl all together. I thought Project M might of screwed something up, but then again my system could just have worn out.

Has anyone else had their Wii not able to play brawl after playing Project M, or is my experience an isolated incident?

I really want to play Project M again, but i'm afraid of ruining my new Wii system.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like your Wii's laser has stopped working, which is a common problem with Brawl in particular. It would have happened regardless of Project M. You could try one of those laser cleaning kits, but I would just look into USB loading. It makes P:M load times nonexistent.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago with Brawl, so I sent my Wii out for repairs. USB loading is so much handier than loading from a disc because it decreases noise and has almost nonexistant loading times. But with a working disc drive, instead of having to pirate games off the internet, you can just pop the disc in the Wii and it will install the game onto your hard drive.

So I would tell Nintendo that Brawl broke your Wii, and they might fix it for free. Then when you get it back, look into installing Homebrew and getting Configurable USB Loader.

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice, i'm not a tech wiz by any means so i'll just stick with the hack less version. it's fantastic knowing I can play the Project M again.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
There's tutorials out there that are extremely easy to follow, and the chances of you messing up are very slim, so you literally have nothing to lose if you want to look into USB loading.

Top Bottom