• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I've had it up for a few minutes now, so if it's not working for you, then trying it again probably won't solve it.

Try hosting yourself, maybe it will show up properly.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GG Anthon. Our connection was kind of weird, so I hope it didn't bother you too much. At first, I thought I was playing vanilla Brawl, lol.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Here you go.
I thought you'd just get it from my profile lol. My mistake haha.
2277-6294-1025
I don't see it on your profile. Are you sure you have it on there? I only see the 3DS FC, which I attempted to add. But then came back and realized it was the 3DS FC (after it said incorrect when I tried).

GG's. Lag is super frustrating XD. Try to Grab -> Up-Throw -> Up Air but have it so lag makes it a Up Throw -> Up Smash.

Edit:
GG's. That last match was laggy as crap. A few of the matches were laggy as crap. I couldn't really get past all your camping and spamming with my characters that aren't campy... or spammy. Like Samus. You play really patiently. Maybe a bit too patiently lol. Like, I just sat there with Kirby when you were Fox and then there came the lasers hahaha. That was pretty funny.t I was tempted to just see if we would time out hahahaha. The only way I could get past your stuff was by grabbing you. I almost never grab lol. But that's the only thing that seemed to work against you since you shield a lot if you miss a move or come back on the stage.

Those Fox combos... :GCCU::GCCU::GCCU::GCCU::GCCU: :awesome:

Playing against your play-style is a pain on wi-fi. (though I'm no better when I play as Spamus) Its pretty difficult. I also noticed that you wanted to power shield my missiles. I get addicted to doing that sometimes! I wish we could've done more Falco dittos.
Gotta admit. I was playing really dumb as Kirby. Going for those hard Kirby-cides. Especially against someone as patient as you. I'm pretty sure thats why the Ivysaur match went poorly for me hahahaha. I think some aggressiveness will go a long way to help you. If you don't believe me than look at that Samus match. Though with that match-up that has to be in Sonic's favor. Especially on FD. (now that I think about it I didn't go Squirtle the whole time... dang, next time then)

Those were fun matches for Samus and Toonlink imo. I did some straight up dumb stuff. Like the Charge shot off the stage to hit you ledge grabbing lol. It was suicide hahaha. But hey it was in my favor since I was at a high percent :awesome:

Of course I couldn't really nair out of your combos too much. Its normally a habit to do that with a floaty. Since you're patient I had to force my self to stop or it would leave me open.

GG's dude. Those were really fun matches.
Messages like to not load:

I started playing derpily later on because I can't play the way I usually do so I started to camp and do smashes. I swear if it was offline those missiles would be a piece of cake to power shield (powershielded a missile and then a charge shot at a tournament)... (GYK johns).

I didn't really play many camp characters, I spammed as Fox because, "lolololoololollagwhynot." I might have played more aggro characters than you. Ganon (Ganon vs. projectiles sucks), CF, Roy, Marf, TLink, Fox, Falco, Pika, Ivy, Sonic (lolololospinspinpspinlollagspinspin).

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
GG Anthon. Our connection was kind of weird, so I hope it didn't bother you too much. At first, I thought I was playing vanilla Brawl, lol.
Yes. Anyway, you need to quell your SDing and utilize your tethers. You also made some weird moves.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yes. Anyway, you need to quell your SDing and utilize your tethers. You also made some weird moves.
Yeah, I sometimes make some odd moves (Link Dair offstage) that I wouldn't do offline. Thanks for the advice though, I definitely could use my Zair more in recovery and spacing.

@2Chilled: It only shows up on your first post each page. 1466-2891-4377

Well Chill, you're already in a game. That's convenient. >_<

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Anyone up for some fights?

@ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71
I think you need to be more aggressive. I'm a Zelda main, so I'm very used to preying on people who wait for me to move first... But your Ike is very good with his short hops to the point where you have very little landing lag. You're good midair but on the ground you are slightly vulnerable since you wait to block an incoming attack. Either way those were some good games.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, I noticed some improvement from last time, but my punishing, mixups, and rushdown all need work, and I tend to lose momentum easily. GGs though, good play as always. I just gotta put more solid focus on my Ike.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah, I noticed some improvement from last time, but my punishing, mixups, and rushdown all need work, and I tend to lose momentum easily. GGs though, good play as always. I just gotta put more solid focus on my Ike.
Ike is tricky because wifi hurts him, but lets him get his brutal smashes in by surprise. Ike is all about spacing and scary edge guarding. If you want I can be a mobile sting-back punching bag for you to work on your aggressiveness and spacing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom