• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

himemiya

Smash Lord
Let's play. I need you to train my kirby
ggs, you still play like this your first time playing this game. I say practice kirby without the use of b moves plus dash. Also too it didn't help at all that you relied on wifi lag to connect those moves, suggestion would be find players to practice with offline or try to get better connection (test it here http://www.speedtest.net/).

PoeticMonkey

Smash Ace
ggs, you still play like this your first time playing this game. I say practice kirby without the use of b moves plus dash. Also too it didn't help at all that you relied on wifi lag to connect those moves, suggestion would be find players to practice with offline or try to get better connection (test it here http://www.speedtest.net/).
My connection is great. Wanna go a few rounds?

waygu

Smash Lord
I always DI behind Ganon's and escape these guys' followups so I'm always prepared to cover that option. But I got 5 back to back tech roll reads, that's the problem. There's no escaping that unless you're like Falco or something.

Yo I've only seen like 2 other Pikas around. Play me afterwards if you're down.
i managed to not get hit with multiple chokes when we played last :D bad rolls are bad rolls tho.

waygu

Smash Lord
WIFI TOURNAMENT
i'd like to have a tournament on Saturday for the fine folks of the wifi matchmaking thread. If there's more interest for Sunday morning or night I am totally willing to do it then.
currently 1v1 but if 2v2 is more interest in 2v2 i am willing to do that instead.

STAGE LIST

Starters: Yoshi's Story [Melee], Pokemon Stadium 2, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
STRIKE: 1-2-1
Counterpicks: Bottom 2 rows of Page 1
Lyat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Warioware, Final Destination, Norfair, Foutain Of Dreams, Skyworld, Green Hill Zone, Distant Planet
STRIKE: WINNER STRIKES 3

Match Procedure
    • Players start their set by choosing Mr. Game and Watch and a random stage. Both players are to use his Side B, the player who gets the higher number gets to choose who strikes first.
    • Players select their characters, the first round is Double Blind, meaning neither player knows what character the other chose.
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Starter list above. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes one(1) final stage, leaving one(1) stage that is to be played on.
    • The players play the first match of the set
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Starter and CounterPick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
    • The winning player of the preceding match may change characters, tell your opponent your choice.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may change characters, tell your opponent yur choice.
    • The next match is played
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
RULESET
- 4 stock, 8 Minute Stock Timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- You cannot counterpick to a stage you won on unless agreed upon.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset.
- If a player goes idle during the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally) it will be a stock loss, if more than 1 minute it is a game loss.
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- Giga Bowser is banned.

- Any abuse of glitches/glitching will result in disqualification.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Sudden death is not to be played. In event of a tie, play a game with 1 stock, same map, same characters.
- Suicide kills always go to the initiator.
- Record ALL matches in case of dispute
- TO's hold the right to disqualify entrants for misconduct.
Registration form:
(message me with Subject "Registration")
- Friend code, in game tag
- Choose
Saturday Evening
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Evening
If under 10 people, it will be Double-Elimination
If over 10 people, it will be Single-Elimination

Link to Mibbit #lagfi
Bracket will be on Challonge lagfi page

ATTENTION STREAMERS
i am looking for someone to stream finals,
please message me if this interests you

Let's make this weekend fun

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
im finally done tweaking my tournament post - it would be awesome if you guys joined, ive wanted to do something like a weekly for a while now and if this takes off i'll definitely turn it into that :D

razell30

Smash Apprentice
GGs, such a cool Lucario you got. I love hitting those throws into spirit bombs. I got a throw into an aura sphere, then into a spirit bomb once and it was like being president for 2 seconds.
ik the feelz ahah ggs dizzy we can play again sometime just hitme up

Top Bottom