• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHY would anyone wanna play Peach??

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I hate to do this, but after you referred to peach as a technical character, I have to assume you don’t know what youre talking about. plus you contradicted yourself when you said "Yes, Marth ***** Peach, but it's usually because he's got better techs and space capability". i would put more effort into convincing you but i dont really need to. its pretty much common knowledge that this is an uphill match-up for peach. ask somebody
Bleh, I do know what I'm talking about, but I shouldn't have said she's a technical character. Mainly, she is hard to play with. (that's the sentence I should've use) Sorry if I said it's a even match. It is Peach's hardest match up, but it's not really impossible. Trust me, I do know that.

ask my friends. they know how much I hate the Peach Vs. Marth matchup.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, I do know what I'm talking about, but I shouldn't have said she's a technical character. Mainly, she is hard to play with. (that's the sentence I should've use) Sorry if I said it's a even match. It is Peach's hardest match up, but it's not really impossible. Trust me, I do know that.

ask my friends. they know how much I hate the Peach Vs. Marth matchup.
it just matters the lv of char

like ken vs a n00b ken wins

but if wife fights him

wife has a good chance

u gotta change up ur style for marth cant b dumb or u will get forward smashed to death

Cia

das kwl
it just matters the lv of char

like ken vs a n00b ken wins

but if wife fights him

wife has a good chance

u gotta change up ur style for marth cant b dumb or u will get forward smashed to death
all so true..

rockin.. since when is peach hard to use??

she's like the 4th easiest in the game.

(1. jigglypuff 2. sheik 3. marth 4. peach)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
all so true..

rockin.. since when is peach hard to use??

she's like the 4th easiest in the game.

(1. jigglypuff 2. sheik 3. marth 4. peach)
She's hard to play with and win in a competitive level. For one thing, the person has to stop abusing 3 of Peach's move. The Dsmash, the dash attack, and vegetables. Also, several high and top tiers could really give her trouble. -IMO- Peach has a hard time winning first place in tourtuments, and is usually somewhere in the top five. Her FC may seem a bit easy, but making it effective in matches is hard.

Really, IMO, all high tiers and top is hard to master. Even though Peach is probably the easiest in high tiers, it doesn't mean she's 'easy.' I'm not saying she's a journey to master. I'm just saying it's gonna take more then a Month to master her pros and cons.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Neutral air spam owns Falcon. And a lot of the time if you DI away from his grabs, you can nair him before he can fair you. As for Marth, turnip and dash attack spam. Other than that, he has a distinct advantage.

Cia

das kwl
yes, jhin is awesome :D. I never even thought to try Nairing the falcon after he down throws you. I've been using kirby to beat them lately.. lmao. but I'm gonna try it.

in other news, my peach ***** today at an NY tournament (I placed 5th :D) but I lost to Wes' samus. I came really close and it came down to the last match, but I lost. what are the most effective ways for fighting samus??

timbu

Smash Apprentice
the samus matchup can lead to 6 minutes matches, due to floatiness and recovery =T

what I usually do is to make your first priority avoiding his projectiles and/or pressuring him when he's spamming. be careful with your slap as samus's CC downsmash hurts peach a lot.

I don't have much experience, but I would say pulling turnips to slow down his projectiles and using your higher priority aerials =T

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Who WOULDN'T want to be able to float-recover full stages, and hit things with frying pans?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Capt. Falcon, I have to say can go either way. I've had matches where it's me doing the handing, but...well at Smashacre....some Marth Player....I think it was ZeroKing.....specifically switched to Capt. Falcon...and ONLY for me. -_- I got utterly ***** in that match. Stay away from the grabs and the annoying up b.....

I just have a hard time with Marth and Shiek....Fox and Falco don't scare me...a good edgeguarding game can keep them at bay. That and making them screw up their Illusions. Peach's Ftilt will knock them right out of it. It's more fun to lure them into trying t spike you though. *snickers*

Cia

das kwl
lolz, it's funny because I like Peach v. marth/sheik/fox/falco. but I can't stand peach v. samus/mario/y.link/falcon.

they are just very annoying characters to play against. so it doesn't surprise me that someone would choose to fight peach w/ falcon rather than marth

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
yes, jhin is awesome :D. I never even thought to try Nairing the falcon after he down throws you. I've been using kirby to beat them lately.. lmao. but I'm gonna try it.

in other news, my peach ***** today at an NY tournament (I placed 5th :D) but I lost to Wes' samus. I came really close and it came down to the last match, but I lost. what are the most effective ways for fighting samus??
Learning to hit through missiles is key. Don't let the samus make you shield/roll/dodge/airdodge through missile spamming, cause that's what he wants you to do.

Aerials cut through them like butter.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
that's what he wants you to do.
Samus is very much a female.

EDIT: The Samus vs Peach matchup comes down primarily to projectile spam. Weave in and out of missles, powershield as many as you can, and throw turnips her way hoping for an opening. Peach's neutral air outprioritizes... all of Samus' aerials? A small stage might be in order to give you an advantage. Kongo Jungle 64 seems like it'd be a great choice due to the small horizontal range and high vertical range; your projectiles are more versatile in that you can use them vertically instead of only horizontally, that and you want to stay in close and spam nair.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Thank you. we both have the exact same mains :D
Not exactly. I'm an IC player first, then GaW > YLink > Peach. and as an IC player, I hate Peach. D:< But as a Ylink I raep dat bytch. Cuz we totally counter her...

>_> <_<

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
oh.. lolz..

I'm just ICz, Peach, YL.

I'm also getting DK training from Bum :D :D
OMG I didn't know you mained IC too. Respect. ^_^

But yeah, back of topic. Why WOULD anyone wanna main Peach? She's obviously promiscuous, given the numerous butt attacks that she has.... >_> <_<

PS: DK's a secondary of mine! :D

Cia

das kwl
lolz, and ironically, the word "peach" is like .. british slang for a woman's azz lolz..

I thought I was the only one who noticed that many of her attacks require her to just.. put it out there

Top Bottom