• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is it that the FE roster is known more because of their one-liners than their actual games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Along with Shulk and Captain Falcon.

I understand that FE, Xenoblade and F-Zero are not the most known game franchises, but still...

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
To be honest, this is kinda generalising but I get what you mean. It is basically only Ike, Shulk and Captain Falcon who get this sort of "People play them because they like the things they say as opposed to how they play." treatment, and it's pretty much down to two words: Internet fads.

If I had a win for every time I heard "Now it's Shulk time.", "I'm really feeling it!", "Falcon Punch/Kick!", "Show me your moves!", "Aether!" or even the occasional "I fight for my friends.", I'd be ZeRo or something (-and, psst, I usually do get a win when I hear any of these. Just not... Y'know, literally every time, that'd be insane.).

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Not only are the lines cheesy as hell, Ike's VA is pretty bad, even in his own games. Thankfully Ike's lines are "funny bad" and not just "bad bad".

I won't be surprised if they wanted the lines to be remembered, since Shulk and Robin's reveal trailers emphasized on them, hence why they are "one-liners".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom