• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Do You Think Will be Added as DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
It's simple: just tell me who you THINK will appear, not want, in the Smash games as DLC. The ballot is nearing its end, and that means we're getting closer to actually getting more DLC characters. Who do you think will appear? Please state who you expect, as well as why.

My expectations: Wolf, King K. Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee.

Reasons: Wolf: I think Wolf will make a return because of his huge fanbase, and because he is arguably the most unworthy character to be cut from Brawl, due to being a first party character, and not even a clone.

K. Rool: He's been the most requested character that's not in the game in any way (bar cameos) since E3 2013. So many people want him, and even Sakurai knows that we need more DK reps, heavyweights, and of course, villains.

Isaac: Despite the popular, and wrong, opinion that Isaac is unpopular in Japan, he actually does have a fairly large fanbase in both Japan and the rest of the world. He's a popularly voted character, and his absence from the game as an assist trophy make it more likely than ever for Isaac to enter the fray.

Bandana Dee: Bandana Dee has the highest popularity of any Kirby character in the Ballot, surpassing many characters in Japanese AND American AND European polls. Sakurai knows that we want more characters from the popular series', like DK and Kirby. Those two franchises are so popular worldwide that it's a surprise that they have as many characters as Fire Emblem combined in Smash. This needs to change, and it likely will.

Also, I think these four character would make sense because we already have 3 DLC veterans, and 1 DLC newcomer. If these 4 appear, then the total of DLC characters will be 4 DLC veterans, and 4 DLC newcomers. It would make sense, and many Nintendo fans, including me, would be happy with these inclusions.

Who do you think Sakurai and his team will add to the game?

They would have to contrive some really good reasons not to add Wolf, at this point. As for a new character, someone from Zelda is my gut instinct, even though I don't have a rational guess as to who.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Who do you "think"/ Who do you "want"...

We already have tons of speculation threads for DLC characters.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wolf and Ice Climbers because porting data from brawl makes for faster development. Eventually Sakurai will abandon his same roster rule for the 3DS and Wii U.

A second namco & sega rep, because well Ryu.

Someone from the ballot.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Wolf and Ice Climbers because porting data from brawl makes for faster development. Eventually Sakurai will abandon his same roster rule for the 3DS and Wii U.

A second namco & sega rep, because well Ryu.

Someone from the ballot.
So you think that Ice Climbers will return even though they crash the 3DS version and all characters are on both versions?

Everyone, please please PLEASE post who you think in the same format as my post.

Who do you "think"/ Who do you "want"...

We already have tons of speculation threads for DLC characters.
This isn't speculation, I'm just curious to know who people expect to appear.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
So you think that Ice Climbers will return even though they crash the 3DS version and all characters are on both versions?

Everyone, please please PLEASE post who you think in the same format as my post.

This isn't speculation, I'm just curious to know who people expect to appear.
It's honestly hard to tell who will join the roster. My gut right now is telling me that King K.Rool and Wolf are definitely a shoe in! As for characters such as Isaac, Shovel Knight, Shantae Bandana Dee etc, there's probably a battle in terms of votes. Hopefully Isaac makes it in but anything is possible =O

It's simple: just tell me who you THINK will appear, not want, in the Smash games as DLC. The ballot is nearing its end, and that means we're getting closer to actually getting more DLC characters. Who do you think will appear? Please state who you expect, as well as why.

My expectations: Wolf, King K. Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee.

Reasons: Wolf: I think Wolf will make a return because of his huge fanbase, and because he is arguably the most unworthy character to be cut from Brawl, due to being a first party character, and not even a clone.

K. Rool: He's been the most requested character that's not in the game in any way (bar cameos) since E3 2013. So many people want him, and even Sakurai knows that we need more DK reps, heavyweights, and of course, villains.

Isaac: Despite the popular, and wrong, opinion that Isaac is unpopular in Japan, he actually does have a fairly large fanbase in both Japan and the rest of the world. He's a popularly voted character, and his absence from the game as an assist trophy make it more likely than ever for Isaac to enter the fray.

Bandana Dee: Bandana Dee has the highest popularity of any Kirby character in the Ballot, surpassing many characters in Japanese AND American AND European polls. Sakurai knows that we want more characters from the popular series', like DK and Kirby. Those two franchises are so popular worldwide that it's a surprise that they have as many characters as Fire Emblem combined in Smash. This needs to change, and it likely will.

Also, I think these four character would make sense because we already have 3 DLC veterans, and 1 DLC newcomer. If these 4 appear, then the total of DLC characters will be 4 DLC veterans, and 4 DLC newcomers. It would make sense, and many Nintendo fans, including me, would be happy with these inclusions.

Who do you think Sakurai and his team will add to the game?
I'm predicting the same characters as you.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
They will add a cow.
It will attack with bellowing moos and devastating stomp attacks.

Shortly afterwards, Cow will be hailed as the most popular and hype smash character in the entire series and will replace the Original 12 in Smash 5.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The characters I think will get in are, Wolf, Shovel Knight, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Profe

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We already have threads for this.

Please use the official character discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom